Choosing My Mate [R]

By brandalynn89

Rated [R] Riley Burk is the daughter of the Alpha. For years the Alpha could only birth daughters, so an agr... More

Choosing My Mate
Chapter 1: Alpha blood
Chapter 2: Mate
Chapter 3: The Begining
Chapter 5: Perfect two
Chapter 6: Day by Day
Chapter 7: Time to play.
Chapter 8: Wolf Control
Chapter 9 The Unthinkable
Chapter 10: The Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 11: Hot & Bothered
Chapter 12: Broken Trust
Chapter 13: First Dace
Chapter 14: Caught Between Two Loves
Chapter 15: New Territory
Chapter 16: Intruder
Chapter 17: "We're not the only ones"
Chapter 18: Defying the Alpha

Chapter 4: Q & A

56.4K 740 99
By brandalynn89

Before i give you this chapter, i would like to ask that you do please CMMT/VOTE i see ppl are reading but i really have no clue if you like it.... and thanks to everyone that already has. You keep me writing. (:

Song for chapter: Plug in Stereo - Oh darling

Choosing My Mate

Chapter 4 : Q & A

Following the directions Ebony gave to the twins they found themselves on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere surrounded by forests. Thankfully they waited till morning to head out they’d be completely lost if they left last night.

“Are you sure we didn’t miss a turn or took the wrong turn?” Jace asked slightly annoyed with his brother. “Man,” he huffed “I knew I should have chosen map duties.”

“Dude shut up, you don’t even know what a map is.” Ash said punching his brother in the arm making him jerk the steering wheel, to rock the car.

“$hit Ash what are you thinking, no one punches the driver.” Jace joked angrily punching his brother back repeatedly laughing at his brother trying to cover his face and block with his other hand, not succeeding. “Riley?” Jace looked over his shoulder to ask he a question.

Riley was sitting in the back seat playing this month through her whole head, while blasting her iPod in her ears to drown out the bickering. Could she really fall in love in a month, with one of these dorks? She never really thought of them as anything more the just friends until the day before her birthday, sure she knew her whole life that fate would choose one of them to be her mate, but Riley thought becoming someone’s mate automatically casted you under a love spell, but now she finds out that’s not the case, it’s just her body that wants them? She could understand that, she always knew that her best friends were steamingly attractive. Riley started to wonder what they thought of her all these years, but was cut short when her head phones were ripped out of her ears.

“Riley.” She heard Jace yell.

“Whaaaat?” she yelled back.

“Man I swear if this is just some set up to me knocked off from becoming the next alpha, I give you the thrown, just give me the second prize and we’ll call it even. Ouch.” Jace hissed through his teeth Riley punched him behind his shoulder. “Damn girl I was kidding, you know your first prize.” He said glancing back at her then began rubbing his shoulder.

She looked at him through the rearview; he gave her a smile with his eyes. Ash turned back in his seat to face her, “do you know where this place is?” he asked raising a hopeful eyebrow. Riley couldn’t stop her thoughts thinking how sexy that made him look, that only pushed her thoughts to the passionate kiss they shared, when they found out they were mates, it was so different from Jace's soft gentle kiss, both having the same effect of making her heart race and her body to ache for them. Boy did she know this was going to be a long month.

Riley started to lean closer to Ash, wishing to relive their passionate kiss right now; she licked her lips in preparation, watching as Ash did the same. She froze when someone cleared their throat, she jolted back into her seat, to meet Jace's eyes in the rearview giving her the same smile with his eyes, and she knew her face was red from embracement, she couldn’t look at him anymore. What did he think of her, what if he thought she was a $lut, trying to kiss his brother right in front of him. When her eyes left his, she looked past the rearview to the road; coming over a hill she could see the top of a roof, through the cracks in the trees.

“Is that it?” she asked pointing to the house.

The car slowed into the parking area to a stop, the house was huge, Riley thought, almost as big as the pack house. Surrounding the house was nothing but trees. Jace was the first to get out of the car pushing his seat forward so Riley could get out. He held out his and to help her, at first Riley was hesitant, Jace had never shown gentlemanly actions aside from the previous night when he came to her room, Jace always kept his distance from Riley, but made sure he was always there when she needed him, just like best friends should be.

Riley took his hand, forgetting the burning sensation that rips through her body, when she so much as touches one of her mates, Riley wondered if it would always be like this for her, if so she’d have to try not to touch them so much.

She wasn’t paying attention, ever sense we found out this whole mate thing she hasn’t talked much.  Jace thought as she gracefully placed her hand in his, instant shock waves. She’s always so graceful, but when she’s lost in her own that’s she’s like kid, unpredictable, and gets herself hurt. That’s why he’s always had to keep his distance, he loved how graceful she is, and knew all she had to do was place her delicate hands on his heart and he’d be a goner. He couldn’t stay too far though, especially when she was her own destroyer, someone had to watch after her, Ash’s head was always in the books reading how to become a great leader. Jace always felt being an alpha would be natural, and he felt he had the natural ability.

Jace wasn’t able to stop Riley from hitting her head on the doorframe to the car, she hissed and rubbed her head while stepping out of the car, Jace was there instantly looking over her head hissing as well when he felt the start of a knot forming. Before he could stop himself he kissed it, he forgot how wonderful she felt in his arms, on his lips, the waves of electrify were racing all throughout his body, he needed to calm himself before- nope it already started, how could just touching Riley have his jeans not fitting quite right in the front. He pulled away from her to calm himself, but kept his hands on her curvy hips just in case that hit to the head made her unbalanced. Riley looked up at him with her beautiful doe green eyes nibbling away at her lip nervously, and did she have to do it so sexy like? He thought.

“Thanks.” Riley whispered, moving closer to Jace, placing her hands on his chest.  He couldn’t take his eyes away from her, or his hands off her, they were still resting on her hips, his fingertips so close to her glorious round bottom. Her lips were now so close to his, he could smell her sweet breath, he could almost feel her moist lips, but she pulled away at the sound of Ash shutting the passenger side door.

Before Ash stepped out of the car he made sure the address was correct, and the map was in its proper place, he glanced back to make sure Riley was doing better, she didn’t seem herself lately, when he turned all he saw was Riley bottom, he smiled thinking it’s be so nice to just reach out and touch it, heck he could just give it a little bite. Bite? Did he really just think of biting his mates butt?

Ash was brought out of his own perverted thoughts when Riley bumped her head on the cars door frame, he jumped out of the car instantly to go to her side and make sure she was ok. Turning around he wanted to make sure she was at least standing, but instead he was comforted to see that Jace was already at her side making sure she was ok, Ash always trusted his brother with her. Ash thought back to all the times Riley got hurt and Jace was always first there, like when she was laughing so hard when they were just kids and didn’t realize there was no wall behind her and rolled back making herself fall out of the tree house, Jace jumped done while Ash was climbing down thinking if both of both Riley and him where hurt from me jumping how could he help her. She broke her arm that day, and both Ash and Jace made a promise to watch after her no matter what.

Ash always kept his promise, he knew in ways Jace kept his too, Ash made sure he was always there for her when she was upset, he didn’t like seeing her sad. When Riley needed someone to talk to Ash was there, feeding her junk food, listening, and making her laugh.

If Ash wasn’t hanging out with his brother and Riley then he was studying, wanting to know everything about being alpha, taking classes with the alpha himself really helped, Ash knew his chances were 50 / 50 but it was never a commotion between Ash and Jace, they were both good for her, and trained hard at becoming alpha.

Ash turned to face the house, he couldn’t believe they built this for them; it’s about time to check the place out.

He shut the car door and turned back to them, “you guys ready?” Jace looked up to him with a bit of agitation in his eyes, while Riley wouldn’t make eye contact but she was blushing, man she looked so beautiful, even more so when she blushed.

“Yeah.” Riley answered looking up from her eyelashes, had she no idea how seductive that look was?

They walked to up the steps to the two doors; Riley took the key out of her jean pocket, placing it through the key whole. They all took in a breath as she began turning it. The doors opened and their breaths where let out. This place is perfect Ash though, watching Jace step through, probably to make sure there were no intruders, Ash scanned the place as well.

Every room was furnished, the fridge was stocked to the max, everything was set up like the pack house, a game room workout room, theater, lounge, the kitchen was almost as big as well.

Riley suggested to got up stairs to make sure all she needed was there, and deal with the sleeping arrangements. The first room had all of Jace's belongings in it, it was a fair sized room, it was probably meant for gusts because noting in that room said Jace other than this belongings, the room across the hall had all of Ash’s belongings, and sure enough it was meant as a guest room too, other rooms where his and her offices, and at the end of the hall the last door.

The master bedroom, there was an enormous bed, that there was no way to miss but what really stood out in the room was the back wall was glass, so you could see out on the balcony. “Is that…?” Riley asked pointing to the glass walls.

“The ocean,” Ash answered. How could he have missed that on the map, they were right against the ocean, their house was on a beach.

All three walked out on the balcony, looking out to notice they had a Jacuzzi. The ocean view was amazing.

“Ooooo a Hammock,” Riley screeched running to the hammock, slowing so she could slowly place herself in. “oh don’t wake me if I’m dreaming.” Ash and Jace chuckled as she settled herself deeper into the hammock.

After settling everything in and talking a look at the rest of the house, Riley stated to get hungry. She went searching for the twins to see what they were in the mood for. Riley found them in the game room playing on the PS3, what they were playing she had no idea, but they were sure trash talking each other pretty good.

“Hey.” She said feeling slightly uncomfortable ruining their brother time. One of them paused the game so they could both give her attention. “I was just wondering what you two were in the mood to eat?”

Jace looked Riley up and down licking his lips but quickly turned away un-pausing the game. “Whatever you want to make is fine we’re not picky.”

Riley huffed and locked a hid. “What makes you think I’ll be making it?”

Jace re-paused the game turning back to her with a look of sorrow on his face. “Sorry Riles, I just thought sense you took all those classes with your mom that you’d… well.. “ Jace was at a loss for words everyway the thought of saying it , sounded offensive, “you want me to make something, I can cook for you.” He asked hopping she wasn’t mad at him.

“Classes with my mom? You thought she was teaching me how to cook?” Riley asked appalled, sure her mother taught her how to cook but it wasn’t a class she took, it was just mother and daughter hanging out.

“Angel, look he didn’t mean anything by it. We both thought that’s what was going on in your classes while we took our alpha classes.”

“You thought I was learning how to be a good little mate?” she asked with a snarl, “I was learning how to be alpha female, learning what to do in a crises, learning to fight, learning everything that you learned, plus more. Man can you be anymore sexiest.”

Both Ash, and Jace jumped of the couch and practically ran to Riley's side each grabbing one of her hands, Riley was lost both hands we’re in a frenzied, Jace’s touch was burning through her body, at the same time Ash’s tingling touch was, it felt like nothing she had ever felt before, it was powerful, and it was only a touch.  “No, angel. Hey how about we make you dinner, as a sorry, ok?” Ash asked bringing the hand he held up to his mouth kissing her hand. If Riley thought she was lost before, now she had no idea who she even was, she needed to control herself before her arousal was known and she embarrassed them all.

“It’s a start.” She said taking her hands back and turning to walk to the kitchen.

Ash and Jace made sandwiches, with chips on the side, Riley was sitting on the island counter with Jace and Ash ate standing on the other side Ash leaning on the counter behind him and Jace leaning forward on the island counter. It’s was quite, all you could hear was the sound of their chips and they crunched down on them. Riley didn’t like the silence.

Looking at Ash she crooked her head “so, why’d you call me that?” she asked.

“Call you what?”

“Angel, you’ve never called me that before?”

“I don’t remember calling you that.”

“You did, not less than ten minutes ago.”

“Yeah you did,” Jace confirmed.

Ash looked slightly confused, “oh I didn’t realize, just must have slipped out.” He said shrugging, not wanting to continue the subject. “So what kind of things did you learn in your alpha female classes?”

“Yeah,” Jace added. “Why would you need to learn how to fight female wolves never go to war.” He asked finishing off his third sandwich.

“Well we are taught so if the war doesn’t go our way we can defend ourselves and our children, but I was taught to fight by my mother not the self-defense teacher, mama wanted me to know how to fight in human form as well as wolf.”

Jace tossed his head is if he was weighing it around in his head. “I see but, we haven’t had a war with another pack in years, and if there was one I’m sure it’d go our way.” Riley just rolled her eyes.

“So what else?” Ash asked.

“Umm you know, how to coexist with other packs, how to deal with rogues, if there is a possibility of war, what it means to be alpha female, what is expected from the alpha female and the alpha male. Umm there are also the alpha abilities, and the mating process.” Riley mumbled off the last part, feeling her checks turning red, while she fidgeted in her seat.

“Alpha abilities?” Ash asked.

“Yeah, controlling the link, entering others links if their blocked.”

“What?” Jace asked shocked. He stood up and looked to Ash. “Is that how she was able to link us?”

“I don’t know,” Ash answered looking to Riley and back to Jace, “maybe. Riley how did you link us?”

“What do you mean? Mates can link.” She looked at them as if they were both idiots. “You linked me that night at the dinner.”

Ash looked to Jace apologetically, then turned back to Riley, “no I linked everyone, and because you were in range you caught it, we don’t have personal link, finishing the mating process is the only way how.”

“Oh,” Riley said looking away not wanting to think about the mating process. “Maybe it’s because of my alpha blood. I can almost listen to others links, I tried with my parents but by the time I felt it crack their conversation was done.” Everyone was silent; Jace was the first to speak.

“So let me get this straight, you can break down a wall and listen to our thoughts?”

“Yeah I guess, but mama said it drains you so, you only do it when needed, and that you can only do it with your own pack.”

“Can you show us?” Ash asked, “You know if you feel up to it?”

“Um yeah sure.” Riley said brushing her hair behind her ear as she bit her lip feeling slightly uncomfortable. She looked between Jace, and Ash both concentrating on breaking their walls down slowly so it didn’t hurt either one of them. Jace's voice was first in her head it was slightly muffled but you could still make out his thoughts.

‘God there she goes biting away at her lip again, she’s so f*ckin’ sexy.’ Riley let go of her lip and let Jace’s wall back up, as she felt he cheeks heat up from Jace’s perverted thoughts. Soon she was able to make out Ash’s muffled voice.

‘Oh $hit, oh $hit, she’s blushing. Doesn’t she know what that does to me? Oh $hit what if she really can hear me, I’m going to embarrass her, then she’s just going to blush more, $hit how could be so sexy.’

Riley quickly let his wall back up and shook her head; she looked up to the twins. “I... I guess I’m too tired from the drive, and whole day you know.” She said hopping they’d believe her lie, even thought she was pretty tired, he mom was right it really does drain you.

“Yeah, maybe tomorrow, we should probably get to bed.” Ash said blowing out a breath of relief.

“Walk you to your room?” Jace asked.

“No thanks I got it, I’ll see you guys in the morning, just leave the plates in the sink after you rinse them I’ll get to it tomorrow.” She said jumping down from her seat to go to the sink to rinse her plate. “Good night.” She said walking past them, but stopped when Ash grabbed her by the wrist gently.

“Goodnight angel.” Ash whispered as he pulled her close to place a kiss on her forehead, stepping away. Riley was about to walk away when her other wrist was grabbed more gently.

“Sleep sweet Riles.” Jace whispered pulling her in to place a kiss on the other side of her forehead, then walked out of the kitchen to his room, with Ash behind him, doing the same.

Leaving Riley in her thoughts; even though they were both small pecks on her forehead he body would still react the same, wanting to wrap her arms around both of them and kiss them like crazy. Riley made her way to her room not bothering to change into a nightgown, plopping down on her humongous bed; Riley was laying there wondering how she was going to fall asleep now. Darn those boys and their sweet touch.

 <3 <3 <3

So what do you think is going on with Riley? Is Ash or Jace winning you over?

is there any Questions i can Answer for you?

I'm alreay working on chapter 5 of CMM, i got promoted at work so my work hours have changed. i'm not sure if it will affect my writing, i hope not. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
17.3K 141 22
A girl who has had a normal childhood, finds out that she is anything but normal. Not only is she a werewolf, but she is the daughter to the greatest...
40.6K 929 27
The year is 2040, Kaydence Evans is trying to survive college in a world full of werewolves. She has been trained by her father for past 10 years in...
20.6K 841 27
Sequel to the alphas human daughter 14 years later Brooklynn is all grown up and doing the typical teen age girl things. Miracle is over protective...