Renewing What He Lost - ON HO...

By sarahkxthryn

It's been two weeks since Sirius fell through the veil and Harry is still greiving for his godfather. So what... More

Chapter 1- The Note that Changes All
Chapter 2- Time-Turner Two
Chapter 3- The Planning of the Trip
Chapter 4- Meeting Dead Family and Others
Chapter 5- A Ravenclaw
Chapter 6- The Founder's Study
Chapter 7- Hogmeade Attack
Chapter 8- The DA of the Past
Chapter 9- The Lyricans
Chapter 10- The Prophecy
Chapter 11- Crashing into Redheads
Chapter 12- Tempers Flare
Chapter 13- The Duel
Chapter 14- Sectumsempra
Chapter 15- Content For Once
Chapter 16- Yuletime and Truth
Chapter 18- Revealing Some Secrets
Chapter 19- Hushed Conversations
Chapter 20- Pains
Chapter 21- Unwanted Help
Authors Note

Chapter 17- The Boggart

1.6K 39 17
By sarahkxthryn

Hola, como esta? Yeah, that’s basically all the Spanish I know. Its really sad considering I’ve been taking Spanish for the past 6 ½ years. Oh well… Anyway, can you please leave a comment below!!! Please, I’m begging you!!! Just a smiley face or something  lalalalalalala-

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

!!!!!!! <3 4ever :)

WATCH THE VIDEO ON THE SIDE!!!!!!!

Anything you recognize is JK Rowling’s…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Really Ronald!” Hermione snapped irritantly.

“What ‘Mione?” Ron asked confusedly once he had thankfully swallowed all of his food.

“Stop practically inhaling your food. You. Could. Choke.” She said rather forcefully as she glared at Ron as she took a break from reading her book, House-elves and the Unfairness.

Ron rolled his eyes and he turned to Harry almost saying aloud, can you believe her? Harry laughed at his best-friends antics and he turned to Hermione with a bemused expression on his face.

“Mione, you know that Ron has a tendency, to over eat.” At this Ron gave a cry of protest but Harry and Hermione just ignored him, “And since you are dating him and all, I would think that you would be used to his eating habits.”

“I mean,” Harry continued, still ignoring Ron’s cries of protests, “It’s Ron isn’t it?’ He finished seriously.

Seconds later Harry received a quick punch to the gut.

He looked up at saw Ron smirking and saying, “Don’t mess with me."

Hours later in Defense against the Dark Arts class, everyone had just arrived and they all were waiting apprehensively for the professor to arrive. They had been told that today was a practical lesson and they all couldn’t wait to start it.

“Hello class!” Professor Lennings exclaimed as she swept gracefully into the room. Everyone replied with a brisk hello and they all were gripping their wands excitedly.

“As you all know, today we are doing a practical lesson. So, get your wands out and put the books away please.” She said swiftly as everyone turned to echother and gave their friends excited glances.

Professor Lennings smiled at the obvious excitement displayed by the class and she walked towards the front of the room and she turned around and faced the class.

“Today we will work in dueling when distracted by something that when we might look at it for a second too long, can cost us so much in our duel.” She said, with a serious voice that traveled all across the room.

“You will each come up here and duel with me,” She paused and looked at the fear that was showing on the teens faces, “Don’t worry, I will not be going all out, just enough to make you duel as if you’ve never dueled before.”

“Now, I need everyone to stand up and step away from their desks.” She ordered and they obliged very quickly. Once they had all stood up, she waved her wand and all of the desks flew over to the other side of the room so almost the entire classroom was clear for dueling space.

“When I call your name you will come up here and the room will magically transform into a boggart that you fear.” She said as she stared out at the sea of faces, all filled with apprehension.

“It will distract you, no doubt about that. But I know that you kids will do your best and I know that you will make me proud.” She said with a fierce pride and determination in her voice. “Oh, did I tell you? You’ll be dueling me and the boggart. And you can’t get rid of the boggart first. You have to duel me until I say you can destroy the boggart.”

“Good luck.”

“C’mon Sirius, you can take her!” James yelled about twenty minutes later as they all watched with apprehension as Sirius dueled their professor.

For Sirius, the boggart had transformed into his mother. Harry, Ron, and Hermione recognized her from all of the times they were at Grimmauld Place.

At first she looked around and saw Sirius standing there, frozen in place. Her face twisted into a sneer and she immediately started screaming, “You blood-traitor! You are a disgrace to the name of Black!”

Sirius then jumped into action after staring at his mother with an unreadable expression on his face. His usually warm eyes turned to a glare and they cut around the room, searching for the teacher.

“Mum,” Sirius said with obvious distaste, “Shut up.”

Then he straightened up and threw a stunner into the corner where a cry of protego was called out into the silent room.

Professor Lennings stepped out of the shadows and she said with a hint of pride in her voice, “Good Mr. Black, now come forward and we will start officially.”

Sirius stepped for with the teacher and they both bowed deeply, showing that they respected echother. Sirius’ mum was still screaming about filth, but no one was staring at her in disgust and wonder of how anyone could be so cruel.

And they began.

Back and forth they dueled.

Minutes passed.

Groans could be heard coming from the onlookers.

Cheers also when Sirius would manage to get a spell past the teacher’s impressive defense.

Professor Lenning’s eyes narrowed as the duel wore on and even though her face was void of any emotion, anyone else in her place would’ve been very tired by now and that’s exactly was Harry thought she was feeling.

Sirius on the other hand wasn’t hiding his exhaustion as well as hers.

He was panting like a dog and you could see beads of sweat making their way down his face. His grey eyes were narrowed in determination and his moves were getting sloppier, rather than their sharpness as they had begun in the beginning.

Suddenly Professor Lennings yelled out to Sirius, “Get rid of the boggart!”

Sirius took immediate action.

He turned toward the boggart that had been screaming abuse at the Gryffindor and he shouted in a hate filled voice, “Riddikulus!”

The effect was immediate.

Sirius’ mother was suddenly eveloped into a flurry of clothes and when her body came back into view, there was a roar of laughter coming from the crowd.

Sirius’ mother was wearing a robe that looked suspiciously like it came from Dumbledore’s closet and on her head was a hat that looked rather like the one that Augusta Longbottom wore.

Moments later Sirius was looking pretty proud of himself as he stepped back down and smiled, satisfied with his actions.

“Nice duel Padfoot.” James said to Sirius once he entered the crowd again.

Sirius smirked and replied, “I know.”

Professor Lennings stood back up at the front and said in a clear voice, “Ron Wilson.”

Harry looked over to see Ron gulp nervously and he walked up reluctantly towards their teacher who was smiling slightly at his reaction. “Don’t worry,” She said in a soothing voice. “I don’t bite.”

“Yet.” James muttered.

Harry smirked slightly and turned his eyes back to the stage where Ron’s boggart was about to appear.

“You know the rules Mr. Wilson,” Their teacher started. “No getting rid of the boggart until I say so and just try your best.”

Ron nodded and looked over at the crowd for encouragement. Harry nodded at his friend in reassurance and Hermione gave him a bright smile that clearly said, You’ll be fine.

Ron took a deep breath and turned back to face their teacher with a confidence that was shown all over his face and was clearly already deep within him, just hiding and appearing at the right moments.

Professor Lennings smiled at Ron’s ease and she continued, “Step forward and we’ll begin.”

Quickly Ron stepped forward and as soon as he took those final steps toward the boggart, it changed and quite a few people screamed.

Harry’s memory recalled this being the same boggart as Ron had when they were in third year but this spider looked more threatening.

It’s pincers were razor sharp, its eyes were cruel and merciless, and it’s body was vast and low-slung with big hairy legs crawling across the platform as it terrified several students.

Harry looked over and saw that Ron was in a state of frozen panic.

His face was white and if you looked closely you could see his hands shaking ever so slightly. Ron’s grip on his wand was tight and his knuckles were white with strain.

Ron continued to watch the spider for a while, but when he realized that it wouldn’t do anything more than walk around and frighten people, he turned back towards the teacher. “Let’s do this.”

Harry sucked in a breath as Hermione gasped and covered her face with her hands as Ron just barely dodged another sharp hex coming from their teacher.

Professor Lenning’s face was set in determination but still had a sort of ease about it; almost as though was dueling absentmindedly. Her eyes were elsewhere but her style and skill was still at its exceptional level. The way she moved around the classroom with ease and skill was fascinating to watch. Her moves were graceful, like a true auror and a true wizard.

To be truthful, Ron was too distracted by the giant spider that was creeping around the room; trying to sneak up on people, and in result people running away faster than Harry thought possible.

Apparently their professor thought so too because moments later she called out to Ron, “Mr. Wilson, you may take out the boggart now.” Ron nodded and turned away from the teacher with a fierce determination showing on his face.

Slowly advancing with speed and skill upon the spider, Ron approached it carefully. For years he had feared the creature in front of him but it looked as though the fear would end today…maybe.

Ron cried into the silence, “Riddikulus!”

Instantly the spider became caught in a flurry of color, just as Sirius’ mum had done earlier except this time when the boggart became unveiled, it brought around another roar of laughter and giggles from the onlookers in the crowd.

When Harry stood up taller he could see that the spider was now covered in what it looked like- the old cloak that Ron was forced the wear at the Yule Ball in their fourth year. Harry looked over to see Ron smirking slightly as he, like Sirius, stepped down from the platform except this time Hermione threw herself into this arms and cried, “You were amazing Ron!”

Harry nodded with Hermione’s statement and he said, “Good job mate.” Ron grinned so Harry supposed that he felt proud of himself for his performance.

Harry was about to say more on his friends duel when he heard his name being called out into the chatter of the sixth-years, “Harry Bauerfind, you’re up next.” He smiled at Ron one last time before he walked away from his friends and up to the teacher.

He smiled slightly and raised his wand, preparing to duel, when the boggart turned to him and he froze, filled with fear.

In front of him wasn’t a spider, or a deranged mother.

Nor was it anything that had been seen before in that classroom.

It was Lord Voldemort.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So… what do ya think? Also, sorry for the long wait, I was just super busy… And again, PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO ON THE SIDE!!! If you want to know more, please just leave a comment or pm me. Thanks tons!!!!

ps. sorry 'bout the spaces... I was on word and went I copy and pasted it ended up with this...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 33 8
For a while now, the two boys have been unsure of what they were. Were they merely friends who weren't afraid to show affection or were they lovers...
589K 18.7K 92
"you have me. until the very last star in the galaxy dies, you have me." With a war on the rise, 8 friends must try to understand their importance i...
109K 3.9K 69
Post-OotP: Sirius is cleared and finally gets to give Harry the home he had always wanted. Rebuilding his life with a war brewing in their world isn'...
6.7K 373 22
After falling in love with Sirius Black once, Remus doesn't think he can do it again. The Marauders (plus Lily, of course) all moved in together afte...