Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 3: Trouble

239 35 0
By thebadgirl05

         Humans are forbidden to enter the other world. A punishment awaits one who has broken the rule.
----------------

        "If the council hears about you bringing humans here, you will surely and severely get punished Mikael. Have you ever thought about that?" Alfreed, a red-head female with fiery red eyes scolded Mikael as I sat next to Leirum, the one who carried Muriel earlier.

          We sat on long couches on what seemed to be the living room, nine faces besides him. Mikael,Violet, Alfreed, Ryouta, Harumi, Antoinette, Leo and Cyan were the present ones. Unusually, all the guys had long hairs but it fit them just fine unlike those wannabee's on earth who looked like thugs and drug addicts with those ridiculously long hair of theirs that didn't quite suit them even a bit.

       "Sometimes, you're more troublesome than Rex. Speaking of the devil, he escaped and went to who knows where." Leo a frustrated guy with scarlet hair and baby blue eyes whined as he leaned back against his seat.

        Mikael's face turned sour and he glared at Leo. "Don't you ever ever compare me to that devil brother of yours Leo!" Horror-struck and eyes widened, Mikael yelled.

        Rex? So this scarlet head has a brother huh?

         "What are you even doing in the human world Mikael? It's forbidden to go there yet you used your teleportation and went anyway. What is wrong with you?" A guy who bore the color of his cyan hair as his name said.

           Leirum who was seated just beside me remained quiet as he read a book whose writings I can not understand at all. His face was stoic and he somewhat regarded the discussion as something boring and bothersome.

          "Sheeeez! I was just given a mission to kill five daraks people! And they escaped to the human world in an opening of the barrier! I had no choice but to follow them there or they'll create havoc in the human world! I pursued them with how I can but Kevin and that girl were pursued by the daraks on the other hand! Kevin here managed to kill one but the girl was left to face the other four and that's how she got poisoned and things happened next." Mikael blurted out in annoyance as he tried to catch his breath with that speech he just gave.

      The people around then turned their gazes on me and looked at me with interest. "How did you kill one?" Harumi, the dark green haired girl asked curiously in a gentle tone.

       And since I wasn't comfortable to speak, I chose to answer their questions with my action instead.

       I forced an ice with a pointy edge and let it float in thin air as the people surrounding me gave me different reactions.

        "Dear Arslan, this kid is an unusual ice-abled." Leo exclaimed while he looked at the ice. I raised an eyebrow at his reaction and Violet took the courtesy of explaining what the other one meant.

         "You see Kevin, being with the element of ice is not unusual here. But conjuring it out of nothing is uncommon. Normally, a wielder of the ice element needs water or atleast vapor to solidify it into ice but you... You just pulled it off without using anything." She explained as I nodded.

         If they're shocked by me having the ability of ice then how about this? I've never told it about my sister---but whatever.

        I shut my eyes and concentrated, feeling the power wash over me. I raised my hand in the air and waved them a few times before finally opening my eyes.

         Before me, the ice was engulfed with bright blue flames but the heat didn't affect the ice at all for it didn't melt. Water swirled around the fire along with wind, and dust. The water on the other hand had small sparks which came from some lightning.

       I watched in content as the I watched their faces, everyone was dumbfounded and had looks of disbelief in their eyes. Only Leirum was unfazed but a smirk was tugging at his lips and amusement was playing in his eyes.

        "Looks like the kid has talent." He stated and I lowered my hand, every element vanishing in thin air as the seven blinked and rubbed their eyes.

        Ryouta who was eating something earlier had his mouth hanging open and it was seriously a disgusting sight. Good thing Antoinette, the white haired girl with streaks of gray shut his mouth.

          "He's a monster!" Ryouta childishly screamed and I gave him a glare at his choice of words. "I'm no monster. I am just simply gifted." I proudly said and crossed my arms.

           "How cute!" Antoinette and Violet giggled as they pounced and pinched my cheeks. I grimaced at that and told them to stop immediately.

             "I wouldn't be going around and showing my power if I were you." Leo said and I turned to look at him. He was deep in thougt and I looked at Leirum for an explanation. Something about his name was strange but I couldn't point out what.

           "It is a rare ability to have that many element young man. One is allowed to have one or two. Only a few can do what you can." He stated and my mouth formed and O as I nodded.

         "So that means you guys have different abilities?" I excitedly questioned and bounded up as I looked at everyone. A few chuckled at my expression but nonetheless, they nodded.

           "Show me!" I eagerly demanded and they nodded on my whim with amused smiles on their faces.

          "I have teleportation then water and earth as my elements." Mikael said and water rose from the glass in front of him. The element of earth he was talking about was just like mine as a wall of earth rose outside the window as his demonstration and I looked at it in admiration.

          "I on the other hand have Telepathy and I simply possess ice like you do." Violet said and a figure of a swan made out of ice appeared with a pop in front of me. Sunlight passed through it and it bounced of the light in pretty dancing lights around the room.

       "I thought you need water?" I asked Violet, as I watched the swan vanish again. Antoinette chuckled at this. "Well, she's one of the rare ones who can do it just like you." She said and caressed my hair with a smile.

        "You have to teach me some time how to do that." I exclaimed at Violet and she ruffled with my hair with a smile. Why do these girls love to touch my hair?

          I suddenly jumped in surprise when a static sound echoed in the room as the others rolled their eyes. Leo had his hands held out, small bolts of lightning coming from the tips of his finger, on his other palm, a small tornado appeared.

         "Wow!" I cheerfully said and walked towards him as I observed the two elements he had.

         "And I dear sir have the manipulation of gravity and the elements of lightning and wind." He said proudly, a smirk tugging at his lips before he closed his palms, both elements vanishing.

          Excitement welled up in me and I was looking forward to really find out everyone's ability, and I was excited most to find out Leirum's.

        Sure, everyone here was emanating strong powerful airs but Leirum's was far by the most powerful.

         Ryouta was ready to show us his element when a shriek interrupted, clearly coming from up the stairs.

         "You little brat!" I heard a familiar voice said. It was Muriel's! She's awake. Meanwhile, we saw the healers that Leirum asked for earlier, scrambling down the stairs with fear visible in their eyes.

         All nine of them stood up and Violet asked one of the healers of what was happening upstairs.

        "Lady Violet, the patient has woken but Lord Rex... He ummmm..." The guy with green hair stopped speaking and his face become flushed, a pink shade on his cheeks. The nine's eyebrows raised as I looked confused.

         "What stupidity did he do now?" Leo asked angrily and the poor guy cowered before his gaze. I couldn't blame him though, It was like the nine switched personalities---- except Ryouta as their faces were blank and devoid of any emotion.

          "Ummmm... He pulled on a prank and accidentally set milady's bandages on fire..." The healer said in fright but he didn't finish his sentence for he trailed off.

          The nine though were beyond themselves, this time, Leirum was the only exception. If the others had their eyes wide open, his face was blank but he did have a frown on his face.

         "Rexxxxxxxxx?????!!!!!" Leo's voice thundered and we moved away from him a bit since he was emitting dangerous sparks of lightning from his body.

          "You brat! I'll teach you some manners! Come back here!" I heard my sister shout for the second time. We heard some clangs and crashes upstairs before a kid, the same age as me or maybe a year older dashed out of the room, a playful smirk on his face.

         He jumped to the railings and down into our level which was at least ten meters high. When I thought he was about to surely break his neck, he waved his hand and the wind aided him to smoothly land on his feet.

          My sister appeared next. Her hands covering her chest with the help of her long wavy blond hair appeared fuming and had her face contorted with rage.

      "You stupid kid! Why did you do that to a lady?!" Leo angrily demanded from his little brother who had scarlet hair and magenta red eyes which twinkled with mischief.

        He wore the same royal blue coat as the others, only shorter. His long hair was tied in a low pony tail and he had this same fantasy clothes.

         "Sorry brother but scold me later, I have to run." The boy responded and was about to dash for the door when he suddenly floated in the air.

          "Oh no you don't." Muriel said with a smirk on her face, a hand raised which was towards Rex. Rex flailed in the air, surprise evident on his face as he tried to summon the wind again to aid him but to no vain since Muriel was more powerful.

         She raised her other hand and my companions shrieked in surprise when their swords floated away from their sheathe and owner. Muriel flicked her fingers and the next thing they knew was there was eight swords pointed at Rex's neck who was hanging upside down.

          Muriel then went down the stairs as I face palmed. She didn't pay us attention as she walked barefoot towards Rex who ceased struggling. Her every step was intimidating, adding the fact that she had a scary glare and a threatening air around her, no wonder Rex didn't anger her any further.

          She placed one hand on her hips as she pointed at Rex. "Now apologize." She demanded like a mother scolding her son for doing something wrong.

         I sighed inwardly at her actions. She never changes at all.

          "I tell you kid, that is no way to treat a lady. Now apologize!" She rambled on again as we watched Rex gulp in fright while he stared at the sharp edged swords which were ready to bury themselves on him any minute Muriel wants to.

           "Fine! I apologize! I'm sorry! Now let me go!" The boy frantically screamed and Muriel sighed in contentment. She closed her eyes for a minute and when she opened them, her face was calm.

         She didn't look like the angry mother earlier, instead, she looked like a caring sister. Yeah, she's pretty bipolar.

         She raised her hand and waved them, the swords returning to their proper owners. Rex looked shaken though, and I completely understand him. I know the feeling and Muriel can get really scary sometimes that you'll find your knees shaking.

        She gently set Rex on the ground who immediately stumbled and sat on the ground, stupefied and confused at the same time but Muriel seemed to have the wrong thought.

           Being who she was, Muriel had that guilty look on her face and I'm a hundred percent sure that she was scolding herself inwardly for going too far. She's always like that.

           She knelt in front of the boy, gathered him in heer arms and made him sit on her lap before she tried calming him down. "Sorry! I think I have gone too far. Are you alright?" She asked and began checking him up if he obtained any cut or injury.

            "You never told us that she had telekinesis." Alfreed accused me as she shut her jaw she dropped earlier and I crossed my arms at the accusation.

             "You didn't ask." I deadpanned and Mikael chuckled at this. "Somehow, you really resemble Rex." Leo said with a frown and I don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment.

         "Hey guys. Look." Antoinette nudged and we all looked at where my sister and Rex was. Rex was stood before her and I was clueless as to what was happening.

          "I'm really sorry again." He said and to my sister's surprise, he touched her naked belly which still had the scars of the wound she obtained.

           "What are you..." Muriel wasn't able to finish her remark as she stared wide-eyed at the wounds which were healing fast. In less than a minute, they completely disappeared, not even leaving a single scar.

           "And I bothered calling the best healers and yet the kid finished beat them to it." Leirum mused to himself as he watched the scene.

        Whoa, that is some seriously cool power. But he wasn't finished yet. A wind carried a leaf to his palm and a blinding green light made us close our eyes with a wave of power with it.

          When I tried peeking, I saw him moving his hands, the leaf forming something a hundred time it's size as it seemed to never run out of length. The brightness intensified and I was forced to close my eyes again.

         When the power I felt earlier died down, I opened my eyes slowly and adjusted my eyes to my surroundings.

          My mouth fell when I saw Muriel wearing a green woven jacket. It was a deep green color, the shade of the leaf Rex held earlier. Her hair was tied back with a green string and she was wearing boots,  the same color of her jacket.

         The fabric of her clothes,  if it was even fabric, looked smooth yet looked so natural. It was a to-die for outfit if we're talking about clothes and fashion. People on earth would go crazy to get their hands on it.

          Muriel ran her fingers over the fabric in fascination, her eyes sparkling like that of a kid's.

          "I'm sorry again, please accept this as an apology." Rex muttered while Muriel kept on examining her new clothes. Her eyes turned to Rex and I wasn't surprised when she squealed and gave the kid a bear-hug.

           "I don't know what happened but that was so cool!" She squeaked. I chose that then to interrupt and cleared my throat. Muriel then turned and looked at me.

        "Kevin!" She said in relief and came over to give me a single handed hug as her other hand held Rex's.

          "Thank God your safe." She mumbled under her breath and I hugged her back. When she pulled away, did she only notice the others who were silent the whole time.

         Ryouta was eating some sweets again which I wasn't surprised of anymore for I was informed that he was such a glutton.

         Muriel stood up shyly. "Ummm----hi?" She said with an awkward smile and sighed.

         "Guys,  this is my sister Muriel." I introduced and some gave them for hello's.

         She caught sight of Mikael and began saying her thanks. We all settled down on the couches as they began conversing and Mikael explained every thing that happened while she was unconscious.

          As expected, Muriel was in for a shock. Her eyes were wide and her mouth opened as they told her everything she needs to know for now.

         All the while, Rex was staring at me and when I started to get uncomfortable, I decided to confront him. "What is it?" I asked him.

         He pointed at my eyes. "Something's coming off." He said in curiosity. I was confused at what he was talking about and I only understood when I felt my eyes itching. My contacts were coming off.

          "Sister. My contacts are coming off." I chimed in their conversation so every eyes turned to me.

              "Oh that. Let me remove it, I think there's no need to hide it anymore since everyone here has different eye colors." She decided and walked over to me.

           "Contacts? What's that?" I heard someone ask but the question was left unanswered.

          I opened my eyes as she removed the contact lenses on my eyes.

-+-----+--+-----

           Mikael

   "Mikael, what are contacts?" Violet asked me with curiosity as we watched Muriel with her back on us lean to Kevin. "Maybe it's one of those human things." Cyan dismissed as we waited for what they were talking about.

      A minute later, Muriel stood back and sat back on her chair as she concentrated on something. On the other hand, Kevin was rubbing his eyes and when he opened his eyes, they weren't black any more... They were golden.

         "What the?!" Everyone had their different reactions in this. Leirum's eyes were filled with surprise but his face was grim.

          "Oh god. This is trouble." Harumi sighed and sunk in her seat as we gaped at the kid who gazed curiously at us. Rex looked the same like Leirum and they shared a look.

           "Guys? Why are you looking like that?" A voice asked and we turned to look at Muriel.

             A girl with golden eyes with specks of sapphire blue gazed back at us and I really fell off my chair in shock this time.

            "Holy Arslan!" Antoinette cried as we stared at the two siblings who looked at us with confusion written all over their faces.

           Her eyes were akin to Leirum's. The difference was that Leirum had sapphire blue eyes with specks of gold, Muriel had the opposite, she had gold with specks of blue.

          I was about to blurt out my thoughts when Leirum stood up abruptly his hand raised, therefore silencing us.

      A knock on the main door was heard and no one spoke as the sound echoed all over the place. Leirum was staring at the door before he spoke with authority.

       "What do you need?" He asked in an almost icy tone as I sat back on my chair and the silence around continued.

       "Lord Leirum, it is I, Klurk. I am here under the High court's orders for Mikael Norweigian, the two humans and the rest of you." A familiar deep and rough voice answered from outside the door and Leirum's eyes glinted dangerously for a minute at the name of the visitor before every emotion was wiped away from them after a second.

      He turned to look at Cyan and gave a nod as he talked.

         "You know what to do."

-------

       Well guys, here's the Chapter 3 I managed to write Yesterday. Haha. I can write chapters fast only during weekends and on my free time so expect that I may not be able to update during week days but I'll try to make it up on weekends.

      And you know, exams was over last Thursday and Friday so yeah, I'm hyper right now.

      Enjoy!

        -thebadgirl05 at your service! ^_~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 170 17
My lungs and muscles burned. Everything in my body begging me to stop but I had to keep moving. I had to get away. I rather die than go back to that...
276K 6.8K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
Undead By RA

Vampire

153 13 20
Being trapped inside one place most of your life is suffocating. So I took it upon myself to go behind my mother's back every chance I got to leave...
2.9M 99.1K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...