The Chase ▹ Ashton Irwin

By bubblesirwin

"Welcome to the chase. Might as well just call it Hell." cover by @Iucifer More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN
CHATER FOURTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE
CHAPTER EIGHTY SIX
CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHTY EIGHT
CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE
CHAPTER NINETY
CHAPTER NINETY ONE
CHAPTER NINETY TWO
CHAPTER NINETY THREE
CHAPTER NINETY FOUR
CHAPTER NINETY FIVE
Author's Note

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

165K 3.3K 1.9K
By bubblesirwin

My eyes slowly opened, and I could barely keep them that way. Tiredness was slowly taking back over me but I forced myself to stay awake.

Where the hell was I? I was ontop of someone's bed, in the same outfit I was in last night. My eyes darted around the room and recognized it to be the guest room of Michael's house. I must've crashed right when Ashton and I  got home, because I don't remember anything after getting back into Michael's house. I smiled to myself as I remembered last night and how incredubly amazing it was. I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and checked the time. My heart sank as I saw all the texts from my mom and couple from Jessie. It was already 12:30 pm.

"Hey, sorry I forgot to text you last night. I forgot."  I texted her.

"Its okay, just get home. We need to talk." She replied. I cursed under my breath because I really didn't know what my mother wanted to talk to me about. I was about to get up, but I stopped as I heard soft breathing beside me.

I looked over to see Ashton. He was in the same clothes he was in last night, just like me, so my guess of us just crashing when we got back to Michael's house was probably true. His eyes were closed and his mouth was opened slightly, a soft breathing sound escaping his lips as his messy hair hung over his face. His arms were tucked underneath his body and his back moved up and down slightly to the pattern on his breathing. He looked peaceful anf quite adorable.

I was about to just leave and let him sleep, and text him later and tell him I had to go, but then I remembered he's my ride home. I sighed and put my hand on his back.

"Ashton."  whispered. No answer. I shook his body slightly.

"Aaaashtoon." I said a little louder. Ashton's eyes opened slightly and he lifted his head up.

"Brooke?" He asked. His voice was hoarse and he rubbed his eyes and tiredly ran his hand through his hair. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I assured him. "I just have to get home. My mom's flipping a bitch on me. I was gonna let you sleep, but I don't have a ride home."

"No its okay," Ashton said as he got up off the bed. "I should probably get going too." I nodded and hopped off the bed as well and followed Ashton out into Michael's living room. Everyone was pretty much gone, except for a few people on Michael's couch that were still asleep. I grabbed Ashton's hand and we tiredly walked out of the house and to his car.

"What happened when we got back to Michael's house?" I asked as we drove off of his street. Ashton let out a laugh,

"Well," He replied. "You had a couple more shots and when I say a couple I mean like, 30, and then you got up on the table and offered to take your pants off so I decided then that that was a good time to put you to bed."

"Are you serious?" I asked, astonished that I don't remember a single thing. Ashton looked over to me and nodded, trying not too laugh too hard. I laughed too as I tried not to blush. We kept driving in silence, but it was a good kind of silence, because we were both tired as hell. We finally pull up to my house and he opens the door for me.

"Thanks for taking me last night." I smiled.

"Thanks for joining me." He replied. 

"I'll text you later, okay?"

"Yeah," he said. "But get some rest. You look tired."

I nodded and gave him a kiss on the lips and walked up to my front door step. I turned back to see Ashton still standing there, waiting until I was safely in my house. I waved and he waved back, and I opened my front door.

"Brooke Marie Anderson." My mother said as I walked into the kitchen. Oh god, here it comes.

"Hi mom." I replied. 

"Take a seat," she said, gesturing towards the kitchen table. I reluctantly sat down and folded my hands, praying that I didn't still smell like beer and smoke.

"Where were you last night?" She asked. Shit.

"At Jessie's...?" I said. 

"Why didn't you text me? If you were just at her house, how did you not hear me trying to get a hold of you?"

I didn't know what to say, because I couldn't just tell her I was too drunk to feel the vibrations from my phone. I sighed, and decided to just come clean. I'll sugar coat it, of course.

"Okay. Fine," I said. "I was at a small, key word small, party."

"BROOKE!" She yelled. Why was she so pissed off?

"You let me go to one last weekend!" I said back.

"Because I knew you were going!" She retorted. "Who were you with? Where was it? Where did you wake up?"

"Whats with all the questions?" I said, standing up. I took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly to calm myself.

"I was with Jessie," I lied. "And it was at another friend's house. It was small, okay? I didn't drink, or smoke, or make out with any boys or anything like that." I finished and crossed my arms over my chest. I was lying so hard right now.

"You didn't have to lie to me. You could have just asked me and I would have let you, but you lied to me," She said. "You're grounded, by the way."

"MOM!?" I yelled. I have never been grounded before in my life.

"You heard me, up to your room." She said.

"You sound like you think I'm five." I spat, getting annoyed. "I'm 17, incase ou haven't noticed."

"What got you to be a bratty little teenager?" My mom said back. With that, I turned on my heels and walked up to my room. I shut the door behind me and slumped down on my bed. My head started hurting and I guessed this is what a hangover felt like. I pulled out my phone and texted Jessie.

"Hey...I'm grounded, so I can't hang out tonight."

"Damn Brooke! what did you do???"

"I just talked back to my mom. She was being rediculous. I'm sorry :("

"No worries! next weekend! and plus, only 2 weeks left until november break, right? :)"

I said thankyou, and shoved the chord into my phone to charge it. I changed out of my hoodie and jeans and threw on pajama pants and a t-shirt. I groaned as I layed down, my head still throbbing.

I thought about last night a little but more. Everything was so much fun. The drinking, the beer pong. My mind went to when I made out with Ashton. I know I was drunk at the time, but I remember everything perfectly. The way he kissed me, the way he held my body, the way he said my name. Everthing about that short time was diffidently worth re-living.

I sighed a happy sigh, because I knew things wouldn't be awkard between Ashton and I from now on. Not after that, and all the incredibly deep things he said later on. I swear to God, that boy's words are like they were taken out of a labratory. His way of speaking was so sophisticated sometimes, and it only made him more attractive than he already is. 

With that in mind, I fell asleep.

*Ashton's POV*

 I didn't want to go home, because Gram would probably flip out as well.  I decided to just drive back to Michael's house and help him clean up a little. I pulled up to Michael's house and pushed the front door open. "Michael?" I called out.

"Kitchen." I heard his voice. I walked into the kitchen to see Michael throwing away beer bottles and red cups. He turned and tiredly waved. His pink hair was a mess and there was black smudged all over his eyes.

"Nice eyeliner, girl!" I laughed. "Is it maybelline?"

"Shut up," Michael muttered. "I was incredibly wasted last night and I don't remember putting this shit on."

"I think we were all pretty wasted last night." I replied as I picked up old cigarettes off the floor. A smile crept on my face as I remember how drunk Brooke got last night and how amusing it was to see her innocent little body completely smashed with alcohol.

"So," Michael said after a pause. "How was Brooke?"

"Shut up." I laughed, knowing what he was talking about. "I took her to the place." I said, remembering taking her to the building Michael and I found a couple years ago.

"You did?" He asked. "Damn, she must be pretty special."

"Yeah." I agreed, trying not to smile too big. Tiredness started to creep back on me, and my head started to hurt. I yawned. "I'll be in your guest room." I said. 

"Gee, thanks for helping."

"Your parents are coming home tomorrow! Go to sleep." I said, walking out of the kitchen. I found the door to the guest room and opened it. Memories from last night started flooding back into my mind. Even though I was drunk, everything was still very vivid in my thoughts. The way Brooke's lips tasted, the way her body fit against mine, the way she said my name. I was pissed because fucking Calum walked in at the wrong time. Then again, the alcohol in my system at that time would have taken it way too far if no one had intrrupted us. I groaned as I slumped down on the bed, not bothering to get under the blankets. The quilt still smelled like Brooke's perfume.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 65.6K 59
"How could you ever love someone who causes you so much pain?" This is the continuation of "The Chase"
964 26 16
2.2M 64.4K 31
❝Every time I ran, I ran to you. I meant it every time I said I loved you.❞
6.9K 178 43
Read the title :)