My Fix

By alexcia131

High off you.. All rights reserved to Alexcia13ยฉ Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures or songs I put... More

Prologue
1:0
2:0
3:0
4:0
5:0
6:0
7:0
8:0
9:0
11:0
12:00
13:00
14:00
15:00
16:00
17:00
A Question.
18:00
Knock Knock ๐Ÿšช
19:00
20:00
21:00
22:00

10:0

5.5K 372 244
By alexcia131

S A R Y E

"Iphones are better than any android you can name." Ario boasted. I never understood why people like Iphones so much, and now that I've used them, I understand why I dislike them so much. He and I are currently at a local coffee shop just of campus having the new-age debate.

"My phone is way better." I stated holding up my gold Samsung galaxy note 7 edge.

"Our camera is ten times better."

"Oh really? Let's take a pic of him pouring the coffee."

We both took pics one after the other in the low light of the coffee house.

We compared the photos side by side.

"Okay you got that. But at least we can air drop. Get pics, documents, and more quick as hell."

"That's true, but with the S7 you can transfer images, music, and whatever else you want by turning the back to back against eachother. Downloads instantly."

"We got facetime boom."

"True, but we got video call to soo..."

"We got Siri y'all got....Sara."

I burst out laughing.

"Our Charges are stronger and our battery lasts longer. We have wirless charging, our display is nicer and cleaner, and we can have memory cards so our video and photos don't mysteriously go missing. Your memory depends on the phone you're buying and essentially how much you are willing to pay, while we determine our own. We can put in a memory card with a maxium of 200GB plus the additional 32 or 64 it comes with. Plus it's waterproof. Drop your iPhone in the water and there's a slim chance it will survive. Happened to Amun last week. We can open our phone with our eyes. Yall just got retina recognition. Lastly, you have to pay for almost everything with apple. I just want to steal my music in peace, I don't wanna go through a whole process."

"Damn girl what you been studying this shit or what?" He stated with a chuckle.

I giggled in response. "Sort of. Everyone was trying to force me to get an Iphone so I did research and I like this one much better. If I'm gonna drop eight hundred on a phone, it better be a good one. I don't feed into hype."

"Iphones are still better, but whatever floats your boat baby girl." We looked at each other and burst out laughing. After a while the laughing died down and he just stared at me making me slightly uncomfortable.

"What?" I asked anxiously. This boy was giving me anxiety.

"My bad ma, you're just so gorgeous." I blushed and looked away. I was smiling so hard that my cheeks were starting to hurt.

"Thank you. Dang where is the waiter?" I said nervously to no one in particular.

Like clock work the waiter was coming toward us with her legal pad in her hands.

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"Uh yeah. Can I have the all American burger with everything on it except tomatoes and a side of garlic fries."

"Yes sir and you ma'am?"

"Can I have a california roll and a volcano roll with spicy mayo and eel sauce."

"Of course. Your orders should be done in about twenty minutes."

"Thank you." We said in unison, handing her the menus.

"I've never been in a restaurant that served both burgers and sushi." I said.

"Yeah they have five types of cuisine here. Japanese, Chinese, American, Indian, and Jamaican. I've tried almost everything. I wasn't into sushi until I came here. I thought it was just raw fish until I actually tried it. People love to label things as nasty without even trying it first."

"For real. So, this must be where you take all of your girls huh?"

He chuckled. "Nah. It's a chill spot in the cut. What do you do on your down time?" He questioned.

"Literally nothing. If I'm not doing work, I'm with mama or kicking it with Amun or Zella. I'm such a lame. What about you?" I sighed laughing. You never know how lame you are until someone asks you what you like to do on a regular basis.

"I be chillin' as well. But I'm always working out for football. I mean, I am the quarterback. I try to go out and shit, but I'm not really into clubs and stuff like that too heavy." I nodded. I knew he worked out; his body showed it.

"So what's your favorite color?" He asked. I smiled. He was so basic.

"Purple. You?"

"Gold." He mentioned.

"What kinda music do you listen to and who are your favorite artist?" I said curiously.

"I listen to good music. I don't necessarily tie myself down to one genre. As far as artist goes, I like Chance The Rapper, Nas, J cole, Kendrick and old school like R&B groups, like Jagged edge and Boyz II men. You?"

"Pretty much everything you said and Nas is my husband you just don't know." I say daydreaming.

"Chill out. You can think about Nas when you leave here. Are you into comedy or anything of the sort?"

"Hell yeah. I love Katt Williams. His old material mostly. I like him better than Kevin Hart.

" Kat Williams is funny as fuck. I fuck with Kevin, but they always boosting like he the funniest man to ever walk the earth."

I nodded agreeing. "So what's some of your favorite movies?"

"I like all the House party movies, I am legend, and almost any black movie. You?"

"Um..I like The Parent Trap, Love And Basketball, The Help, and Just wright to name a few."

"Here's your food. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask." The waitress said interrupting our conversation.

"Can I get some ranch please." Ario stated. The waitress nodded before proceeding to the back.

Everything looked good and I was starving.

By the time we finished eating and talking it was already ten o'clock and we were ready to leave.

"I had fun tonight Ario. It was nice getting to know you."

"Well the night doesn't have to end, wanna come chill at the crib?" I thought about it before saying yes. I was gonna make it clear that were weren't doing ANYTHING. Nothing at all.

"Alright I'll trail you there." He opened the door for me and I slid into my car and watched as he retreated to his.

We turned into this tall ass apartment building close to where mama lives. It was nice as hell. I texted Zella my location and took off my seat belt as Ario opened my door.

He tossed both of our keys to the valets along with a fifty dollar tip for each of them.

"Good night Frank. Goodnight Juan." Frank tipped his hat and Juan nodded his head before they both hopped in each one of our cars.

"It ain't gon' be no "Netflix and Chill. I'm telling you that from jump in case you get ideas."

"I wouldn't expect it to be. I'm a gentleman and you're a nice girl. I wouldn't disrepect you like that."

"Good to know." We walked into his apartment and I looked around genuinely impressed.

"You have a really cool place. That view is beautiful." I stated as he showed me around.

"'Preciate it. Got the best apartment because my parents own the building."

"Must be nice. So what you do you wanna do first?"

"I was gonna say Netflix first, but let's play a game. Monopoly."

"Alright. But I might smack you, so don't be mad."

"Talk is cheap mama. Prove it." He taunted setting up the game. I got the hat and he grabbed the dog.

Thirty minutes into the game I was ready to quit.

"How many of my properties are you gonna buy?" I whined. He occupied almost every spot filled on the board with hotels. Including Boardwalk. I was 'bout tired of getting my ass beat.

"All of 'em. You ready to quit."

"Yep. Let's play something else..Ooh chess." I said happily, grabbing the box.

"I am the third reigning world champ."

"Yeah right boy. Set it up."

Five minutes later...

"Check mate baby I win again. It's just too easy."

"I cant believe that you were not lying about being third in the world." I said looking at the trophies in the display built into the wall.

"Whatever. Mama didn't raise a quitter. Mancala is what I'm about to kill you in. And we playing most marbles."

"Clear sides hella faster but whatever you want."

I watched his every move intently as he maneuvered around the board. I was gonna whoop his ass and that was a promise.

"Victory is mine." I said jumping up from the table and doing a happy dance. You don't how accomplished I felt.

"Good thing you won. I was tired of beating yo' ass. What movie you wanna watch?" He said searching through Netflix.

"Actually I wanna watch Love and Basketball." I said referring to the CD case that was sitting on top of his DVD player.

"Alright. I'mma grab some snacks."

He came back with cookies, candy, chips and drinks. I was surprised when I saw him place the Ting on the table. (Ting is a  Jamaican carbonated grape fruit drink. It's so good. Even if you don't like grape fruit. Try it.)

"What you know about tings?"

"What wouldn't I know about it? I'm Jamaican." He said handing me one.

He popped in the movie and climax of the movie was approaching.

"She should've stayed." Ario said talking about the part where they were on the bleachers in college while munching on a twix. I don't get how he ate like this and was still so fit. I was so jealous right now. I guess this probably isn't an everyday thing.

"Why? He knew she had a curfew and he was acting mad salty towards her."

"In my opinion she could've tried harder. She gave up way too easily."

"Well maybe he should've been more open about what he wanted. Like if you want me to stay say that, if you want me to leave say that. She isn't a psychic."

"But don't act like y'all females don't do the exact same shit he doin' right now. Sending mixed signals and whatnot."

I was gonna respond, but he was right. Quincy still should've spoke up though. Closed mouths don't get fed.

"You right." I said nodding. I looked at my watch to see that it was twelve thirty-five and it was time for me to get going. I was glad I didn't have class tomorrow because I would be fucked.

"I think it's about that time. I had a great time with you tonight. Definitely  better than I anticipated. You're a cool guy."

"Thanks. And the feeling is mutual. Hopefully we can do this again sometime." He said almost as if it were a question.

"Absolutely." I said standing and gathering my stuff.

"Let me walk you down." He offered taking my hand.

"So I'll call you?" We had already made it downstairs and we were currently standing in front of my car.

"Yeah." I said smiling. He leaned in and shockingly kissed my cheek before opening my door for me to get in. I liked that. I don't know him well enough to be kissing his lips just yet.

"Goodnight." He said and I returned it cranking up the car and peeling off.

When I got home I looked to see Zella was still awake. I called Ario to tell him I made it home okay and hopped into the shower.

When I got dressed Zella looked at me expectantly as I walked passed the living room and into my room.

"I'll tell you tommorrow." I said flopping face first into the bed.

I was so tired.

PUB: 8/23/2016

-Lexi 💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4.4K 36
โ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐œ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐—ผ๐ฎ๐ ๐กโž
388K 3.9K 8
Guns, Money, Drugs...Love? Disclaimer: THIS IS A LGBTQ+ STUDXSTUD BOOK AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE BOOKS BASED ON STUDXSTUD OR LGBTQ+ PLEASE KEEP MOVING B...
7.7K 174 45
๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉthis book a 10/10 fasho read to find out