GOLDEN, luke hemmings

By greenscarves

"Luke, we're golden because we're alive." All rights reserved ©️ 2016 by modernarts More

PLAYLIST.
UPDATED SOUNDTRACK/PLAYLIST
BLURB. (+ cast)
I: THE SUBWAY STATION
II: KITKATS AND NICOTINE
III: SMILE
IV: WASTE THE NIGHT.
V: THE MORNING AFTER
VI: THE DOUBLE DATE
VII: PUT SOME CLOTHES ON
VIII: BARS AND CLUBS
IX: LATE NIGHTS IN MY CAR
XI: PEOPLE DON'T COMPLETE PEOPLE
XII: I LOVE YOU'S
XIII: CIGARETTES & MILKSHAKES
XIV: EXTRA MINTY TOOTHPASTE
XV: DEEP CONVERSATIONS
XVI: FLOWERS ARE THE WAY TO THE HEART
XVII: BLASHDKF
XVIII: OLD FACES
XIX: WOULD YOU LIE WITH ME
XX: THE HARSH TRUTH
XXI: VOICEMAILS
XXII: HAPPY HALLOWEEN YOU FILTHY ANIMALS.
XXIII: COOL KIDS
XXIV: BECAUSE I LOVE YOU
XXV: KISS IT BETTER
XXVI: REASONS WHY
XXVII: WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
XXVIII: IS THAT A HICKEY?
XXIX: SHE LEFT YOU SOMETHING.
XXX: MISTAKES AND HEARTBREAK
XXXI: THE BEGINNING OF THE END
XXXII: DEJA VU
XXXIII: IF YOU DON'T KNOW
XXXIV: FROM THE OUTSIDE IN
XXXV: SIBLINGS CAN BE HELL
XXXVI: I THINK HE LIKES YOU
XXXVII: WE'RE BIG KIDS IN A GROWN UP WORLD
XXXVIII: AWKWARD SITUATIONS AND BAD ADDICTIONS
XXXIX: THE GANG BACK TOGETHER AGAIN
XL: A LETTER TO BURN
XLI: A GROOM ISN'T SUPPOSED TO SEE THE BRIDE IN HER WEDDING DRESS
XLII: PLUS ONE
XLIII: PARENTAL VISIT
XLIV: WAITING
XLV: ROAD TRIP
XLVI: GROUPCHAT(S)
XLVII: WINE AND CHOCOLATE
XLVIII: GOLDEN

X: HUGS ARE GOOD FOR THE SOUL

2.7K 138 44
By greenscarves

is this story good? i really like it but i feel like it's really messy and it's that part of fanfiction that people avoid. this story means a lot to me, so to those of you who read, comment, and vote i really love you all.

chapter ten; hugs are good for the soul

Luke's phone buzzed violently in the pocket of his jeans, causing him the feel the strong vibration and wake up dazed and confused. His eyes were squinted, trying to adjust to the harsh sunlight that poured through a half open window. He let out a small groan and pushed himself further under the blanket, ignoring a weight on his chest until his phone stopped buzzing.

"Luke," A sleepy voice said, from under his head, "Please stop moving."

He glanced down and saw Ava laying on his chest, snuggled up against him, soft snores leaving her lips. He saw that she drooled a little, but he was too distracted by the precious sight in front of him. She clutched onto him tightly, like she was afraid he would go somewhere, but Luke's other arm was wrapped around her. Normally, he preferred little spoon, but for Ava, he'd make an exception. He laid there, staring at her, captivated by her. She was so beautiful.

Last night, the two had stayed up watching all sorts of movies and TV shows, chatting and talking about which series they liked best or why they liked a certain movie franchise. Not surprisingly, they both dozed off while watching a romantic movie, right before the two love interests were about to kiss.

Luke's phone began to buzz again, causing his eyes to snap away and this time waking up the small girl he held. She blinked awake, eyes still drooping down slightly. She had no reaction, she just gazed around the room until her eyes landed on him. They widened before she remembered last night and calmed down. She wiped her cheek, which had a little dribble of drool, and yawned while covering her mouth.

"Why does your phone keep buzzing?" She asked, scratching her bed head, tangled strands of hair curling up. Suddenly, she sat up, "Shit, what time is it? I'm gonna be late to work."

She tried to scramble up and out of Luke's arms, but he only took the chance to wrap both around her. She let out a weird noise that resembled a pterodactyl's mating call, but Luke found it cute. She tried to push him lightly so that she could get up and fix herself up, but she couldn't.

"Luke, let go! I have work and I have to get ready and put on my makeup–oh, God. I'm totally exposed! Don't look at me, I'm hideous." It had just now hit Ava that her hair was a mess, she had morning breath, her skin made her look dead since she didn't wash it yet, and—well, she didn't know, but she was pretty sure she looked like an ugly zombie. She turned away from him.

Luke giggled and propped himself up on one of his elbows so that he was now laying on his side and he placed his head on her shoulder. "Ava, you look fine, shut up. And it's a Saturday, please don't tell me you have work on a Saturday."

"Oh, it's Saturday? I don't have work on Saturday. Wait, why didn't you just tell me that first, you twatbag?" Ava said softly, flipping her body over so that she was face to face with Luke, but not close enough that they were in each other's air space. It would be gross to inhale each other's morning breath.

"Twatbag?" Bemused, Luke gave Ava a weird look, causing her to shrug.

"What? It's something my co-worker, Michael, says a lot. Some things just stick," she explained matter-of-factly, a smug smile on her face.

Luke rolled his eyes, "It's only 5:40. Let's just cuddle some more before I have to go to work."

"So you do have work, you Australian asshole. What was all the bullshit about please don't say that you have work on a Saturday?" She questioned, getting out of bed, much to the boy's dismay. "And as lovely as your generous offer sounds, we have to brush our teeth because we fell asleep last night before we could and we have morning breath. You're lucky I have extra toothbrushes."

Sighing, Luke got out of her bed, stretching his limbs and rubbing his eyes. He followed Ava to where she was leading him; to the bathroom. The bathroom wasn't that big but it had space for two or three people and that was enough for him. He waited as Ava crouched down to open up the cabinet under the sink where apparently all her supplies were and she grabbed two toothbrushes; her own light pink one and a Scooby Doo themed one.

"Wow, nice one, Shaggy," He chuckled, getting the toothbrush anyways and running it under some cold water.

"Shut up, Luke."

When the two were done, they discovered that–thankfully–Becca was nowhere to be seen in the living or dining areas or awake. God knows how mad she'd be if she found out that Tree Boy (as she likes to call Luke) had slept over, and in the same bed as Ava. Luke took out his phone to see why it was alerting so frequently and let out a hushed gasp at how many texts and calls he had.

58 MISSED CALLS FROM ASH.
13 MISSED CALLS FROM CAL.

Ash; Where are you??

Ash; Dude, answer your phone.

Ash; WE ARE WORRIED, WHERE ARE YOU, ANSWER YOUR PHONE.

Ash; Calum says he's sorry for being a dick and a bad friend and hope you'll forgive him.

Ash; Luke, this isn't funny. If you're mad, just at least answer us and tell us you're okay. Your phone keeps going to voicemail.

He cursed at himself, "Fuck, we forgot to text Ashton."

"Well, shit," Ava replied, coming over and peeking over his shoulder to see the notifications. "Did you reply?"

"Just did," Luke said, the text delivering.

Ashton was going to be so pissed that Luke hadn't texted sooner, but better late than never. He sighed and scratched his stubble, which had beginning to grow over the past couple weeks. He was thinking of shaving soon, but he wanted to keep it because he swore he remembered Ava saying something about how she liked how it looked on him a couple days back.

"Now, I get it," Ava claimed in realization.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Calum and Ashton stranded you at the bar," concluded Ava who bit her lip, looking at Luke for confirmation. "Didn't they?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah."

"Do you wanna talk about it," she inquired, feeling pity for whatever happened to him. She didn't know the story, but she knew something serious must've happened if his two best friends left him somewhere by himself at such a late time.

He shook his head, the conversation changing his mood drastically. "No, not really, but thanks."

His answer was honest. He simply didn't feel like talking about his feelings this early in the day. Besides, he'd already done enough of that last night in the car. He was, however, grateful. It wasn't often that someone was as lief to hear about his many problems and let him open up, even when he countlessly refused. It was nice to know that someone cared.

The next thing that Ava did was unexpected. She gave him a smile and on a whim, hugged him. It wasn't exactly the hug that made you excited, but Luke felt his heart race. It was just a simple embrace, but through Ava's arms and warmth, he felt her care and sympathy.

It was the best hug he had ever received.

•••

so, what did you guys think?

i know, i know: this one is a bit short (like my patience), but in all fairness i updated three times in just this week alone. i am feeling up to this story because i have some things planned. i loved writing the beginning part where ava is snuggled against luke's chest and he just admires her - i am GONE because i find fluff so adorable ok.

on another note:

luke and ava seem pretty happy and cute,

it would be a shame if something

were to

happen to them. :))

but, tbh luke and ava are honestly my goals (c'mon let's be honest they're probably your goals too) and i want them to have a healthy relationship/friendship. things may occur but they'll still remain healthy.

also: i am REALLY excited for the next chapter because i have this really cool idea since luke works at a flower shop and i hope you all pay attention to that chapter because it is actually pretty awesome.

hope you liked this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 707 30
Savannah Stryker is a rich kid, but wouldn't call herself a Kook. Life on the Outer Banks is different for her. She spends all of her time working at...
24K 373 34
There's an old saying that goes, "People say you don't know what you've got till it's gone. But the truth is, you just never thought you'd ever lose...
2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
16.5K 124 177
fans brought them together complicated feelings media relationships aren't always simple ** none of the edits and pictures are mine