Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

16. The bus ride

12.9K 424 53
By GraceAndGlorious

  CHAPTER 16 - The bus ride

"I'll announce the last names alphabetically and you'll sit according to that in your respective buses, understood?" Our P.E teacher Mr Taylor shouted.

"Yes, Mr Taylor," all the seniors and juniors said in unison.

It was finally the time for our camping trip! We all were assembled to get in the buses. But what was the need to sit alphabetically? It's just a bus, Mr. Taylor!

The field was crowded with all the excited students, ready to get on the bus and get to the camping destination. But no, Mr. Taylor wanted everything to be well organized.

"So, Rose Allison with Dan Andrews..." 

And the list went on and on. And then it finally hit me; N comes after M, which meant Newly after Matthews. 

Sage and Ryan were going to sit together! That was perfect for our plan. During a boring and long bus ride, you weren't left with any option, you were ought to get into some talking with the person next to you.

"Ryan Matthews with Jade Newly." 

Mister P.E teacher said what?

"What? Why me? Sage should sit with him. N comes after M, so, you know sir," I explained, walking fast towards Mr. Taylor.

He narrowed his eyes and spoke,"Look, miss Newly, when there are two same surnames, we see the first name and then set them together. So, according to that, J comes before S, so you have to sit with mister Matthews."

I clenched my jaw with frustration, turned to my heels and saw Ryan with his arms spread out like he was inviting me for a hug. He had a fake emotional look on his face. I stuck out my tongue at him which caused him to chuckle.

My perfect little plan was about to be accomplished when Mr Taylor decided to pour a bucket full of ice water over it. 

What was the motive behind seating the students according to the alphabets? They thought we were as childish as kindergarten students that we've to be arranged on our seats?

"Mr.Taylor, who'll sit with Sage?" I asked before approaching anyone else.

He was holding his paper pad on which the names were written. He took a glance at it and said,"Miss Newly, your sister is a volunteer to help the teachers so she'll help with them."

Oh, how could I forget?

Sage was a teachers' favorite. Always a helping hands to the educator and respecting them. She was an excellent student and a confident speaker in her class. She did get engaged into fights, but I guess, the teacher had to overlook her aggressive natural on the battle field due to her sweet and intelligent personality in the classroom. She was the star student after all.

 But currently, the main problem was to sit with Ryan.

Underneath those striking good looks, there was a devilish creature who always searched for a chance to tease me, and of course, to call me by strange nicknames. 

He never really did anything inappropriate or anything that would offend me, but just staying near him caused an outlandish sensation in me, which was indescribable. Just the way he stared at me was enough to push me deep inside the ground.

With a sigh, I went near the bus with Ryan right behind me, smirking as usual.

"You go first," I ordered.

"No, you go first," he replied. 

"I said first," I said.

"But I said second."

"Okay, now that doesn't makes any sense. Go in."

"Nope, ladies first."

"No, gentlemen first. I believe in gender equality, so you go first."

"What's happening here?" Miss Thompsons, our female gym teacher asked. She was an athletic lady with a strong build and had long black hair. She was really fit, to be honest. 

"Jade's not going in, she says that she won't sit with me because I look ugly." Ryan cried out dramatically.

What? When did I said that?
And believe me, whoever calls you ugly, is blind. I mean, take a look at yourself.

He acted like was hurt because of my words and then looked at Miss Thompson with puppy dog eyes. Her face melted and her eyes filled with care. Then, she turned to me with fury in her eyes and said,"That's not the way to talk to people, Miss Newly. Kindly apologize to Mr. Matthews."

I didn't even do anything. Why should I apologize? And 'say sorry'? What are we, five?

"But I didn't say anything like that," I announced.

"Enough, Jade. Look at him, does it look like he's lying?" she said. 

Yes, it does. 

I turned my head to Ryan, who had his face turned away from Miss Thompson and had a boyish smile on his face.

That boy full of falsehood.

"Apologize, Jade or you won't be able to accompany us."

Exasperation took over me as I controlled myself from yelling anything indecent in from of an educator.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, without making any eye contacts. 

"I didn't hear what she said, Miss," Ryan said with his puppy dog eyes staring back at Miss Thompson.

"Say it clearly, Miss Newly," she ordered. Why is it happening to me?

"I'M SORRY," I shouted and ran into the bus.

"See, told you to get in first. If you would have agreed, all this wouldn't happen," Ryan spoke from behind in a singing manner.

I was walking in the narrow path of the bus and shouted,"I loathe you, Matthews."

"No, you love me."

"Huh, like after doing that, I'll love you. Yeah, right."

I went to my seat, followed by Ryan. I took a glance of the bus to spot Jess, Blair and Marlie. Jess was sitting with Jenny Whites, Blair with Tiffany and Marlie  with Ginny. 

Then, then curiosity hit me to find with whom Aiden was sitting with. His last name was Campbell so, he should be sitting with C or D.

Just then, my sight went over to the familiar looking boy who was sitting along with other teachers' volunteers.

There you are!

I stood up and got ready to go to Aiden, but Ryan wouldn't move. It was because I was sitting at the window side, Ryan took the other one and now, I was stuck.

"Let me go, Ryan," I ordered.

His eyes were closed while he spoke,"Where are you going?"

"To my sister." I lied. Practically, I wasn't really lying as Sage was seated there as well.

He lifted his legs up, allowing me some place to move. I walked to the driver's cabinet where all the teachers were supposed to sit.

"Hey Aiden! Why are you sitting here?" I asked.

He turned to me, with his gorgeous blue eyes and a very cute smile on his face. He was wearing a red checked t-shirt with black jeans. Simple but amazing.

"Hey, Sunshine. Looking great as always. And about your question, the volunteers have to sit here so, that's why," he replied.

Damn, I should've volunteered as well.

"Oh, okay."

"Where are you sitting?"

"Umm, over there." I pointed towards my seat where Ryan was sitting with closed eyes. 

Was he asleep?

Aiden's face filled with anger when he saw Ryan but it went away when he turned to me.

"Be safe, Jade. As always, I'm telling you this but please, he is a bad guy. You don't know how dangerous he is. He's known for his bad deeds but all I want is to my Muffin to be safe."

"Okay, everyone. Get back to your seats. We are about to move on," Miss Thompson announced. I waved a bye to Aiden and went to my seat.

"So, Aiden is your sister now? I knew that guy was actually a girl," Ryan said. How did he know I went to Aiden? His eyes were closed, does he possess x-ray eyes or vision?

The bus started to move and everyone shouted a sound of happiness in unison.

Suddenly, Drew, Ashton and Sebastian came at the back seat and popped their heads to our seat. I jumped from my seat a little and turned to them.

"What are you guys doing here? Where are your seats?" I asked.

"Who in the fucking heavens follow the sitting arrangements, Newly?" Ashton chuckled from behind.

"Yeah, we're all going to sit together and enjoy the ride," Drew exclaimed.

"That's unfair, I want to sit with my friends as well," I announced.

"We're your friends, aren't we? Especially me," Ryan paused in his track, brought his face a little closer to mine and said,"Because we're more than friends, Cupcake."

They all chuckled and started to chat, while I was trying by hard to avoid them.

Okay, so that trip was going to be very important. I had to set up those two together because till now, they acted around like friends and no spark of romance was visible between them.

**************

Dedicated to @JazzStarDust! 

Hope you liked it and have a great day. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.7K 14
| "ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ʜɪꜱ ʟɪʟ ᴀꜱꜱ ɪꜱ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ ᴀꜱ ꜰᴜᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴍᴀᴅ." ----------------------- viewer discretion advised . based on song Make Luv by Brent Faiyaz
142K 2.2K 29
Harry looked her in the eyes and gulped. "You're pregnant." He said this time without hesitation. After he said that he was even more scared. The lo...
222K 13.8K 43
FREE STORY WITH PAID BONUS CONTENT FROM HARTLEY's POV! It's a summer of firsts for 15-year-old Gwen, including a life-or-death secret that could chan...
97.2K 3K 38
“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe...