SO COLD (18+) currently editi...

By Swadisky

*** NEW AND IMPROVED *** With her father missing, Shay will do anything to get him back, even if that means... More

WARNING : OFFENSIVE!!!
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.5
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27.5
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.5
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 33.5
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37.5
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 40.5
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43.5
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46.5
Chapter 47
Chapter 47.5
Chapter 47.6
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49.5
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 52.5
Chapter 52.6
Chapter 53
Chapter 53.5
Chapter 53.6
Chapter 54
Chapter 54.5
Chapter 54.6
Chapter 55
Chapter 55.5
Chapter 55.6
Chapter 55.7
Chapter 55.8
Chapter 55.9
Chapter 56
Chapter 56.5
Chapter 56.6
Chapter 56.7
Chapter 56.8
Chapter 56.9
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 58.5
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.2
Chapter 60.4
Chapter 60.6
Chapter 60.8
Chapter 61
Chapter 61.5
Chapter 61.6
Chapter 62
Chapter 62.5
Chapter 63
Chapter 63.5
Chapter 63.6
Chapter 63.7
Chapter 63.8
Chapter 64
Chapter 64.5
Chapter 64.6
Chapter 64.7
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 67.5
Chapter 67.6
Chapter 67.7
Chapter 67.8
Chapter 67.9
Chapter 68
Chapter 68.5
Chapter 68.6
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 71.5
Chapter 72
Chapter 72.5
Chapter 73
Chapter 73 *second upload*
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 75.5
So Cold
Chapter 76
Chapter 76.5
Chapter 76.6
Chapter 76.7
Chapter 76.8
Chapter 77
Chapter 77.5
Chapter 77.6
Chapter 78
Chapter 78.5
Chapter 79
Chapter 79.5
Chapter 79.6
Chapter 79.7
Chapter 79.8
Chapter 80
Chapter 80.5
Chapter 80.6
Chapter 80.7
Chapter 80.8

Chapter 66

5.1K 293 50
By Swadisky

SO COLD

The heavy rain poured relentlessly from grumbling and grouchy clouds, the misty air was cold and wet, and the sky was a mesmerising oil painting of bruised purple shades and swirls of the darkest blues crafted by a light hand and a paintbrush with the finest tip. The SUV stilled outside a familiar café on the high street. I said goodbye to Svetlana who peeled away from the curb and left, a dim set of lights in the distance, tearing around a corner, gone.

The bell tinkled delicately above me as I entered Millie's café, shaking my head like a wet dog, spraying the walls with spits of water and throwing an apologetic grimace at Millie who caught me. She was disapproving and displeased, raising an eyebrow, but nonetheless scuttling behind the counter to prepare a free mocha for me and a blueberry muffin fresh from the oven. I thanked her as I slipped into the seat opposite Cole and asked after James' health and well-being.

"He's calmer after our talk," he disclosed, swallowing the last of his coffee and sweeping his gaze across my features and questioning. "How are you feeling? I'm sorry for leaving you."

"Better," I said with a smile, "and it's fine. If I were in your position and it was Irvin, I'd do the same. Chief Michaels came and spoke to me. He's put me in contact with a woman, Annalise Bullard. She works for the NCA and is part of the Witness Protection programme. She wants me to join and meet with her sometime later this week to discuss it further. If I agree to their conditions, I'll be moved and relocated with my family. I won't be able to stay in touch and I won't know how long the new life will last for. I'll have a change of name, a new identity, a new passport. I...I don't know if I should pass this opportunity up. The officers can keep Seth safe. Isiah safe. My father won't be able to reach them."

His expression froze and his tensed body was angled forward slightly, and then indifference etched itself across his face and he leaned back and away, cool and detached, he glanced away, spoke quietly. "Go for it." He concealed his emotions with apathy, detaching from his feelings, despite this I knew he was upset. This would be the final nail in the coffin. Our relationship would be over. It was a clean cut knife between the two of us.

"Cole," I reached for his hand.

He pulled his arm back.

Millie set down the steaming mug and plate with the muffins with a heavy thud. Tension slid onto a chair, tearing apart the blueberry muffins with greedy hands, eyes alight with mirth, amused by the theatrics. I blinked. Millie returned behind the counter. The muffins remained untouched. A sigh escaped my mouth. I spoke. "I said, I was thinking about it. It's not a definite decision. I haven't packed my clothes up in a suitcase. This isn't a conversation that'll lead to a final goodbye."

"You need to be with your family and you need them to be safe. I understand. You don't need to explain yourself to me. I'm not going to stop you from leaving." He straightened out his shoulders and locked gazes with me, said sincerely. "I love you, Shay. I've never felt this way about another woman. Your safety and happiness means the world to me and I'll support whatever decision you make."

"I doubt I'll agree to join the programme, I just wanted to let you know. I don't want to keep secrets from you. And I love you, too." I smiled impishly and suggested. "We should rent out a hotel room and spend the night together."

"Forget the hotel. You can sleep in my bed." He added on much to my disappointment. "And that's all we'll be doing. I told you I want to respect you and take things slow. I don't want to rush our relationship. What happened last week was a weak moment. I shouldn't have taken you out. Now," he became serious. "There are two targets in the next few days. Simon Garner and the mayor. They'll be dead in the next forty eight hours. You're not getting involved. I want you to go see your uncle. I've already texted Seth and told him you're coming along with a friend. Svetlana will be your bodyguard. If anything happens, she'll be there to protect you and your family."

Irked, I demanded. "Why the hell would you text Seth that?"

"Because I know you hate disappointing him," he smiled slightly. "Imagine how heartbroken he'd be if you let him down."

"You're an ass,"

"He wants to go to an end-of-the-summer fair. Make sure to pack your sunscreen."

"You're not funny, Cole."

He grabbed my wrist as I rose. "Where are you going?"

"To hell and back,"

"It's late,"

"I need to see Irvin."

He threw down a couple of notes from his wallet and followed me to the door and outside into the rain. "Shay," he tug on my arm, yanking me to his chest, playful, "you're not angry at me, are you?" Rain splattered down on us as he kissed my jawline and murmured in my ear. "Forget Irvin and I'll forget our agreement. I'll spread your legs and eat you out whilst you watch the last episode of Game of Thrones. I won't even tell you spoilers."

"Tell me spoilers and I'll beat your ass. And as tempting as that offer is, I need to see Irvin."

His arms tightened around my waist as I attempted to pull myself away. "Can it not wait till morning? I'm tired. I want to sleep."

"I need to ask about Dan–"

"Sleep beside me," he took my hand and tugged me to follow after him. "I need to tell you something but I can only tell you if we're alone."

I frowned. "What is it?"

"Come," he refused to say a word about his secret until we were in his bedroom. The lights were switched off. The wind was howling outside. He pulled his sweatshirt over his head and tossed it to the side and slipped his grey sweatpants down a little, teasing and revealing a tuft of dark hair. His mouth quirked upwards into a wicked smile. "You're drooling, sweetheart."

"You're seconds away from sleeping on the sofa,"

"This is my bed."

"Cole."

"I love it when you're angry," he straddled my waist, pinning my wrists above my head and kissing my throat and murmuring huskily. "It always leads to sex. Beg for me to fuck you, Shay. I want to hear you moan and pant for me. It turns me on." He pressed his crotch into me and his teeth grazed against my skin.

"I want to know the secret."

"There is no secret. I just wanted you to come home with me."

"My pussy is dry. I'm not amused or in the mood. Go sleep on the other side of the bed, Cole."

"You're not being serious, are you?" he angled himself up, furrowing a brow. His mouth brushed against mine and I turned my head away. He groaned in despair. "What if I apologise?"

"You're tired, remember?"

Disgruntled, he rolled over and said. "Remind me to never lie to you again."

I pulled the covers up to my chin, settling down for the night. After a short moment of silence, Cole complained. "This side of the bed is cold."

I relented. "Come here,"

He was over in an instant; arm around my waist, leg in between mine, head rested on my breast, nuzzling into me. He sighed contentedly and sleepily remarked. "You're so warm."

I ran a hand through his soft curls, brushing his hair away from his forehead. "Go to sleep." I played with his hair as he drifted off to sleep. I intended to detangle my limbs from his once he was unconscious but I fell asleep.

Morning came. Sunshine glared through the blinds, cut into yellow shards across the crumpled bedsheets. The sky was a baby blue, a stark contrast from yesterday's violent storm, and the nearing afternoon temperature was humid.

My mouth was dry. My head thrummed with pain. I touched the stitches on my skull tentatively and flipped over to face Cole. He was peacefully sleeping. Just as I made to leave, he stirred and groaned words that were unintelligible and he stretched out, almost hitting me in the face with his arm. He opened his eyes and blinked, focused on me. Smiled. "Morning." His voice was thick with sleep, husky.

"Morning. Your erection is pressed into my leg."

"Help me take care of it. Join me in the shower."

"I have a busy day." I kissed him on the mouth. It was supposed to be a peck. Cole took my face in his hands, kissing me deeply. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. My toes curled up. I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with him and kiss until we were breathless and make love until we were tired. Unfortunately, I had a busy schedule. I broke the kiss. "I have to go, Seth is waiting for me."

"I'll call Svetlana. She can give you a ride."

"I've already texted her." I lied, pushing the covers away and setting my feet down on the cool wooden floor. I glanced over my shoulder at him. "Go back to sleep. I'll call you when I arrive at my uncle's house."

"Come here," he beckoned, leaning up to kiss me. "Have a safe trip."

I smiled. "Goodbye."

I left the house. Irvin picked me up fifteen minutes later at the end of the street. I closed the door after me, seated in the passenger seat. I instructed. "Call Trevor. We're going to go after Simon Garner today."

"Today's not a good day. His family will be in the house. We'll wait till Tuesday. He'll be away at his mistress' house."

"We have no other choice," I said grimly, thinking of his nine year old and thirteen year old. "Cole and his men will execute him by midnight. We can't sit back and do nothing. It needs to happen tonight."

***

i love you guys, i know i dont always say this but thank you for your support :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 23.7K 40
[Highest ranking #92] "I can't loose anyone else princess. Promise me that you won't leave me" he said grabbing my face making me stay looking into h...
83.6K 4.9K 39
(Can Be Read As A Standalone) They took everything from me. My parents, my sister, my dreams, my sanity. My mission is simple. Destroy those who des...
2M 71.3K 30
"Emma, you're playing with fire" he whispered against my ear and the warm breath tickled my earlobe, sending electricity down my spine. "What if I li...
4.2K 241 12
"Passion's a word which involves so many feelings. I feel it when we touch; I feel it when we kiss; I feel it when I look at you. For you are my pass...