Legacy (BOOK 3)

By Nyahxoxo

All my life I've heard nothing but bad about trappin'. Trappin' sent my daddy and granddaddy to jail. Trappin... More

legacy
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty - one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty - five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty - two
thirty - three
thirty - four
thirty- five
IMPORTANT INFO/BOOK 4
epilogue
Behind Closed Doors

one

14.6K 361 120
By Nyahxoxo

I stood in front of my new high school with my fourteen year old brother, Quentin next to me. He was starting the tenth grade and I was starting the eleventh grade.

Cedarwood High School. Home to the Cedarwood Vikings.

The banner on the front of the building had said with a Viking animation next to it and the school's theme colors, purple and yellow, as the banner's background.

Was I nervous? Hell yes!

"Are you ready?" Quentin asked.

"No," I answered truthfully.

"We kinda have no choice Legacy."

I sighed. "How do I look?" I asked moving in front of him.

I was wearing a cheetah print tube top romper shorts with my cheetah print KEDs. I spent three hours straightening my long hair this morning which passed my ass now that it was straightened. I think I'm due for a hair cut soon. I also had tanned this summer so I looked a little darker than usually which meant my blue eyes will stand out more. Great, more reasons for people to notice me.

"From the way those guys are looking at you, I guess you look good." He said pointing behind me.

I turned around and saw two guys and a girl eyeing me from the concrete staircase. I remembered the girl, she was one of the movers who helped us move into our house yesterday. She tried to flirt with me too. They were all eyeing me like I was the last piece of chicken at the dinner table. The one with the dreads caught my attention though. He was all types of fine with his milk chocolate skin, almond eyes and sexy tattoos but I could tell he was way older than I was. He was looking at me with intense eyes with a toothpick in his mouth. I guess he noticed me staring because he cracked a side smile that sorta looked like a smirk and nodded his head towards me. "Let's go Legacy before I get into a scrap on the first day." Quentin grumbled angrily as he glared at the group and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the entrance.

I rolled my eyes and followed behind him. My brother was very protective over me. Growing up, I was the only girl in the 'squad'. I grew up with my two cousins, three brothers and three uncles and they were all boys. Although I was older than most of them, they still treated me like I was a little girl and I wasn't the type to stand up for myself so I let them baby me.

We walked up the stairs to the entrance where the group was sitting. We tried to pass them with no interaction but when we were about to walk through the double doors, I was gently pulled back by the gorgeous one. "Hey ma," he said in a deep husky voice. "I ain't ever seen you around. You new?"

I smiled and nodded 'cause I immediately got too shy to speak. I was usually shy around boys, whether they were cute or not. I don't know, it was just something about them that made me nervous and awkward. "That's cool." He said with a flirtatious smile and bit his bottom lip. "I'm Cali."

This is one of those moments when I hated being redbone 'cause I swear my face was turning scarlet right now. "Sorry to burst your bubble dude," Quentin said butting in. "But she ain't interested." He then yanked me through the double doors and inside the building.

"Geez, can't you be anymore embarrassing?" I scolded, snatching my hand away from him when we reached inside.

"Look, I don't mind you talking to boys 'cause you're sixteen now and dad approved of you having a boyfriend but that nigga outside looked like it was his third year in the twelfth grade."

"He probably looks older than he really is." I said suddenly feeling the need to defend him. "Like you."

Quentin rolled his eyes. "I don't trust him Legacy and I don't think you should either."

"I'm glad you're concerned and you care but if I like a guy, you're are not gonna stop me from getting with him." I told him. "I'm the big sister so stop worrying about me. I can handle myself."

"Whatever Legacy, I'll see you at lunch." He said then walked away.

I knew he was aggravated with me just like I was aggravated him right now. He's always tryna act like he's my big brother when he's younger than me. Anyways, at least I know by lunch we'll be okay again.

I went to the front office to get my schedule and I had a tough time finding my homeroom. Finally, right when the warning bell rang, I found it at very bottom floor. Homeroom went by quickly considering people kept talking to me since a few people in my class were fans. After our teacher showed us our lockers, we were dismissed to go to first period.

I had trouble finding that class too. This school was huge and I knew I wouldn't have time to search everywhere for my class. This is one of those moments when I have to push away my shyness and ask someone for help. "Excuse me," I said to a girl that was getting her stuff out her locker next to me. She was a tiny bit shorter than me, a little thick, light skin with shoulder length hair. "I'm new here and I'm having trouble finding my classes. Could you help me? Please?"

She turned around and gave me a warm, pretty smile. "Sure, lemme see your schedule."

I handed over my schedule. "Ohh, we have all the same classes!" She beamed. "Stick with me and I'll teach you everything you need to know about Cedarwood."

"That'll be great, thanks."

We both closed our lockers and headed down the hall. "I'm Aleah, by the way." She said after a few moments of silence.

"Ava but you can call me Legacy."

She stopped. "You're the Legacy everyone's been talking about?"

I chuckled shyly. "Yeah, that's me."

"Girl, you're nothing like I expected." She said and continued walking again.

"What do you mean?"

"I expected you to come in here with a bad bitch vibe, tryna run shit. I thought you were gonna be one of them cocky bitches."

I chuckled. "Nah, I'm not like that."

"They got one thing right though."

"What?"

"You're very pretty." She smiled at me.

I blushed. "Thanks. You're gorgeous yourself." I said truthfully. Aleah was very beautiful. She had baby like features and flawless skin.

"Oh stop." She said and playfully rolled her eyes.

We walked up the stairs and stopped at the first door we saw. We walked in the class room and I immediately noticed Cali and his crew in the back of the class. The stud noticed me first and tapped him before pointing at me. That's when they all shifted their attention to me and I immediately felt uncomfortable. "That's my brother and his loser friends." Aleah said in a annoyed tone. "Let's sit in the front."

We quickly chose a seat in the front in the middle row. Just as we sat down the bell rang and more students came rushing in followed by the teacher. He walked over to his desk and picked up a sheet of paper. "Good morning class. My name is Mr. Wolff but by the looks of this list, it seems like a few of you already know me." He eyed the back of the class with a unpleased look. A few students snickered as Cali and his crew just smirked. "For those of you who know me, you know my drill. Against the wall." He ordered and everyone got up and stood against the wall.

Cali stood next to me and I could instantly smell his cologne. I also felt short standing next to him considering I was about 5'4 and he looked about two inches over six feet. I kinda felt nervous standing next to him too because I could feel him staring at me but I didn't dare look up.

Mr. Wolf started calling our names and placing students in alphabetical order. There were three sections of desks, each section had a row of two desk pressed together. "Ava or Legacy?" Mr. Wolff asked when he got to my name.

"Legacy is fine." I said shyly.

"Good, take a seat in the second to last row on the left."

I nodded and took a seat in the spot he told me too. "Aleah!" Mr. Wolff bellowed. "Take a seat next to Miss Legacy." Aleah smiled and took a seat next to me. "Gemini and Cali behind them." Mr. Wolff said finishing up his list. "These are your permanent seats for the year and the person you're sitting next to is your partners for the year." Many people groaned but Cali and his friend high fived each other behind us.

"Aye Lia, lemme switch seats with you," Cali's friend said behind me. "Ole' girl lookin' mighty fine."

I restrained myself from turning around. "She don't want your dusty ass Gemini, so leave her alone." Aleah snapped in a whisper.

Cali chuckled. "Don't start something you can't finish Gemini."

"Gemini and Cali," Mr. Wolff called them out. "Already starting with your nonsense?"

"No sir, we were just getting to know the ladies." Gemini answered. I could tell he had a cocky smirk on his face.

"Remember, that got you in trouble last year." The class burst out in laughter. Even Cali laughed. "Take the rest of the period to be acquainted with your partners." Mr. Wolff then said to the class.

"Man, how this nigga gonna just call me out like that." Gemini complained to Cali after Mr. Wolff sat down at his desk.

Gemini was a cute brown skin with a nice built body but he was an asshole and an attention whore, I could tell.

"Maybe if you hadn't dogged out that girl last year in front of everyone then no one would know your business." Aleah said with an attitude.

I could tell she didn't like Gemini too much. "Ayo ma," someone said while poking me with a pencil.

I looked up from my phone since I was playing Piano Tiles and saw the stud staring at me. From the seating plan, I remember her name being Taurus.

"Yeah?" I said looking at her.

"Can I get your number?" She asked giving me a flirtatious smile.

"I'm not into girls, sorry."

"I can change that." She said biting her lip.

"Taurus, leave the girl alone." Cali said butting in.

"My bad, lil mama fine as hell."

"Who you tellin'?"

My face flushed at all the attention I was getting. I didn't like being the center of attention, it made me nervous and feel under pressure. "Don't mind them, girl," Aleah said lightly nudging me. "They already been through all the girls in this school, they just lookin' for something new."

"Why you always throwing us under the bus Lia?" Cali asked.

"'Cause y'all always wanna get with the innocent girls then fuck around on them and who has to deal with the bullshit? Me." She snapped at him. "Everything all y'all do ends up on me 'cause I'm your sister." She finished pointing at Cali. "I can never have girl friends 'cause of y'all."

"You always bitchin'," Gemini said looking at her crazy. "The fuck wrong with you today?"

"Forreal, you been moody all morning." Cali agreed. "And don't be blaming us for your struggles to keep a friend. That's your own damn fault."

Aleah rolled her eyes and turned her attention to me. "Anyways, what do you like to do Legacy?" She asked ignoring them.

"I like to play basketball." I answered. "My mom was a good ball player when she was my age and I kinda fell in love with the sport as I grew up."

"Ohh, I play basketball too." She said, her eyes glistening. "Maybe we can make the team together."

"Aye ma," Cali said tapping me on the shoulder. Aleah rolled her eyes as I reluctantly turned around. "Where you from?"

"I was born in Canada but raised in Atlanta."

"So what you mixed with?" He then asked. "'Cause you got some sexy eyes."

"I'm not mixed," I said slightly blushing. "Both my parents are full black. My dad got green eyes though."

"So you one of them exotic chicks." Taurus said coming into the conversation.

I shrugged nervously. "I don't know, I guess."

"Awnn, lil mama is shy." Gemini cooed.

I felt my face getting hot and I could just tell I was turning red. Cali chuckled. "That's cute." He said giving me a sexy look.

I quickly turned around and tried to start another conversation with Aleah. I could feel Cali burning a hole into my bare back but I didn't dare turn around.

I knew being shy around Cali was not gonna be an option.

~*•*~

Aleah and I sat at a lunch table in the cafeteria. Cali and his friends were no where in sight. "If you don't mind me asking, why do you have problems with your brother and his friends?" I asked Aleah.

She scoffed. "My brother is an asshole if you haven't noticed. He always got his friends doggin' on me and shit like I'm some hoe and not his little sister. I can't stand him because all he thinks about is himself. We fight a lot but it's normal so don't be worried."

"Oh." I couldn't actually relate to that because I had three brothers, three uncles and two cousins who looked out for me.

"He's no good Legacy," Aleah then said after a moment. "Him and his friends are no good. They're drug dealers and they're throwing their lives away on the street. Cali failed so many classes so many times that he's in a different level for each class."

"Wow," I said looking at in shock. I didn't think Cali would've been that kind of nigga. "And they're drug dealers?" I asked.

"Yeah, they be sellin' dope on the street corners and shit then be spending that same money on hoes." She scoffed.

"Your brother is cute and all but I don't mess with dealers." And he's slow, I wanted to add but I didn't.

My family had a large line of dealers, thug or whatever the fuck you wanna call them. I promise myself never to get trapped in the game like my family did. My personality ain't cut out for that shit anyway. "Good, then we'll get along just fine." She smiled and bit into her bologna sandwich.

"Hey Lia." A cute light brown skin guy with a gorgeous smile said walking up to the table. "Who's this blue eyed beauty?" He asked flashing me a charming smile. I noticed a little foreign accent in his voice.

Aleah playfully rolled her eyes. "Give her a break Zay, my brother and his friends been dick riding her all morning." She said as he sat down beside her, across from me. "This is Legacy. Legacy, this is my best friend Xzayvion."

"Oooh, I've heard about you." Xzayvion said like he just caught on to something. "But you're way more prettier in person."

I smiled. "It's nice to meet you."

He took my hand that was on top of the table and gently kissed it. "The pleasure is all mine, Bonita." The way that word rolled off his tongue did something to my insides.

I blushed as he let my hand go. Soon after, Quentin walked up to the table. "I was just worrying about you but I can see you made friends." He said glancing at Aleah and Xzayvion.

I chuckled. "This is my brother Quentin. Quentin, this is Aleah and Xzayvion." I introduced them. "Sit."

Quentin sat down next to me. "This is your fourteen year old brother?" Aleah asked looking at him in awe.

"Yup." I said and took a sip of my soda.

"I know, I'm sexy right." Quentin said flashing a cocky smile.

"Damn straight." Aleah mumbled and bit into her sandwich again.

I just chuckled and shook my head. Although Quentin was fourteen, he looked like he was old enough to be sixteen or seventeen. He was tall, taller than me anyway, light skin, had green eyes which he got from my dad and he played basketball like me. We were actually really close and we always had each other's back.

"So how are y'all liking Cedarwood so far?" Xzayvion asked us.

"I'm liking it real good," Quentin answered. "I got cool teachers and the girls here a fine as hell."

"I'm assuming you got digits." I said smirking at him.

"Damn right."

"That's wassup," Xzayvion laughed. "How 'bout you?" He asked me.

"It's cool, I guess. I just wish I didn't get all the attention I was getting."

"Don't worry girl," Aleah said. "In about a week you'll just be another one of these students, walking up and down these halls. Everyone will find someone new to dick ride."

"Yeah, that's really assuring Lia." Xzayvion said in a sarcastic tone.

"Bite me." Aleah snapped and rolled her eyes.

"No iniciar algo que no se puede finalizar." Xzayvion said smirking at her.

He knew no one at the table knew what the fuck he was saying, especially Aleah since she was glaring at him. "I hate when you do that."

He shrugged. "The beneficios of being trilingual."

"What languages do you speak?" I asked curiously.

"Spanish and Portuguese." He then leaned forward over the table and flashed me a flirtatious smile. "Which language would you like me to ask you out in? Espagñol or Português?"

I sighed and started playing with my hair. The way he said both words were pure perfection to my ears. I love a guy who could speak a different language, it was such a turn on. My first boyfriend was Cuban and he spoke spanish to me all the time.

"Your pick up game is lame." Aleah laughed.

"Legacy doesn't seem to think so." He said leaning back into his chair and shot me a cocky smile.

I've came to the conclusion that California niggas were cocky as hell.

"Aye, that's my sister." Quentin snapped playfully.

"My bad bruh," Xzayvion said sitting up straight this time, a smile never leaving his face. "I bet you got to fight off a lot of niggas."

Quentin glanced at me and I rolled my eyes. "You don't know the half of it."

For the rest of the lunch period we all talked and joked around together. I think Quentin and I made some new friends.

Xzayvion kept flirting with me too. We even exchanged numbers *wink, wink*.

School didn't seem like it was gonna be as bad as I thought.

~*•*~

I walked out the building and down the concrete staircase I walked up just nine hours ago. Finally my first day of school was over and I had to admit, it wasn't bad. I made new friends and no enemies. I was off to a good start.

"Aye ma," I looked down, over the staircase and saw Cali leaning against the fence smoking a blunt. Wasn't he afraid of getting caught or something? "Lemme holla' at you for a minute."

I looked around to see if I saw Quentin so he could help me out of this situation but sadly neither him, Aleah or Xzayvion was in sight. I swallowed my fear, descended the rest of the stairs and turned the little corner to where Cali was standing. "Hey." I said quietly.

"Aye, sorry we didn't get to meet properly this morning. I know my sister can be a grumpy bitch sometimes." He blew in smoke and then blew it out to the side.

"She seems pretty cool." I said defending Aleah.

"I wouldn't get to close to her if I were you," he dropped the blunt to the floor and stepped on it. "She ain't any better than me and it would be a shame to see a pretty, innocent girl like you get dragged down in her lies."

I frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Hang with me and you'll find out." He said inching closer to me. He was looking at me with those intense eyes again. I backed up a little.

"I'll pass." I said in a timid voice. This nigga was intimidating.

He chuckled but didn't move. "I know your type. You the pretty girl who wants everyone to think your innocent. I know your game baby girl so come get with a real nigga."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. It's one think to be cocky but now you tryna say you know me? Nigga please. "Not every pretty girl is a hoe," I said, rage flowing through me. "Of course you wouldn't know that since all you fuck with is trash."

He chuckled, like my sudden boost of confidence amused him. "I'm feelin' you ma and I know you feelin' me so why waste more time?"

"Ava, let's go." I looked up and saw Quentin standing on the staircase looking down on us, glaring at Cali like he wanted to kill him. I could tell he wasn't playin' 'cause he used my real name.

Cali smirked and backed away from me. "I'll see you around ma," He then brushed past me and I caught a whiff of his strong cologne mixed with the nasty smell of weed.

"What did I tell you Ava?" Quentin said to me like he was my father.

I rolled my eyes. "We were just talking."

"He was too close to you to just be talking." He said and raised his eyebrow.

I shot him an annoyed look. "Whatever, let's go. I got get you to dad's store and I gotta help mom out at the boutique."

Quentin and I walked to my car in silence. The whole time I was driving to my dad's clothing store, I couldn't help but think about what Cali said about Aleah. She didn't seem like the type to be hiding something as bad as he made it out to be.

He also pissed me off when he tried to call me fake and hoe. I don't need to hide who I am for nobody. Just because I have a pretty face doesn't mean I've been around. That's something niggas fail to realize.

But something told me Cali was just tryna throw me off. He was acting sus anyways and I could tell he didn't actually mean anything he said.

He still got me hot though and if he keeps his shit up we're gonna have some serious problems.

~*•*~*•*~*•*~

Sorry it's boring. I wrote this chapter a good three times and I still feel like it's not good enough. I updated early 'cause I finished the chapter early.

Characters in multimedia.

Main Questions;

Why do you think is the real reason Cali and Aleah have beef?

Do you think Aleah is hiding something? Why?

What do you think of Cali?

And even though it's first chapter, who are you shipping? #TeamXzayvion or #TeamCali? Why?

Comment and tell me how you feel about the chapter.

Vote&Comment❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644K 13.8K 43
I glare at him, "I gave you information, so you let me go. That was the deal." He raises an eyebrow, "Are you forgetting who you're talking to? Watch...
23.7K 1.4K 33
-I am not good at giving descriptions but please give my story a chance- "He was the calm and she was the storm." They always say, loving someone wou...
72.4K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
684 129 69
Someone once told me that death is not the opposite of life but rather a part of it. They were right. Death brings no suffering especially when one h...