Not An Option

By Lovin_yu

16 year old Marica was your average teenage girl looking for "the one". Never did she think he would come so... More

prologue
4 months ago
Shania
Today
got em
oops....
bumps
not
Monday
feeling ha
mine
down
tried it.
mama
not the one
admit one
biiiitch
back at it
wow
sister sister
sheesh
i promise
damn
tired
done
friends ☺
exit

change.

3 0 0
By Lovin_yu

DYCARAI POV

Two weeks later (Friday morning)

I was on my way to work and my grandma would not stop singing. Shit was giving me a headache before these people even got the chance. I worked at this kiddie place and i ain really like it but all I did was the cash register and mix smoothies all day easy money. I still haven't told my grandma about the situation at the house with all the girls and I still haven't found that gun I hope it's a empty clip. We stopped at bojangles to get me some breakfast and I seen my nigga Beyonce working.

"Wassup nig" I said and smiled but my grandma didn't. I mean I should not have called the girl a nigga but that's my nigga.

We drove off and she wasn't singing just quiet so I knew she was about to ask some question about somebody. I just looked out the window.

" is Rica back yet?" She asked. I looked at her like she was crazy me and Rica ain talked since the Thursday she left and that was only because I was making sure they was okay and she said yeah.

" I don't know you can call and ask I know she doesn't wanna talk to me" I said unbuckling my seat belt as we pulled into my jobs parking lot.

" I really like her and I think in time things between you too will be just fine baby I love you have a good day get out" she said smiling. I love her man she always been here for me even when I do dumb shit.

I walked in and went in the office and ate my food. The manager wasn't here yet so I was chilling and I had a good ten minutes before clocking in.

" hey dycarai" amber said bending over in the fridge. Man she a damn thot is all I can say. Ever since I started working here she been doing dumb shit like right Now looking at a empty fridge I just shook my head and ignored her. I was doing well without a female.

I clocked into work on time because I really need the money, I'm not going to college but I am graduating and then I might go to cpcc (central piedmont community college) if I change my mind. I don't really like school but going into the big world I need an actual job to get out the hood.

" good morning, I would like two of the all day fun passes and two laser quest bands" this white lady said. I hope she know all day is only required in the afternoons

" ma'am you do know monday-fridays in the morning there isn't a requirement to have an all day fun pass to go on rides more than once so would you still like to purchase them or just a regular admission pass?" I asked her looking at her two kids. They looked bad as hell dirty ass faces.

" oh I didn't know that thank you yes I would like that and the two laser quest bands" she handed me her debit card.

"Your total is $30.67 thank you have fun guys" I said as they walked away. I enjoyed working mornings because no one really came in until 3 and I was getting off at 4 so I had no headache really and I can still hit the streets. I just don't like the fact it was a teacher workday and I should be home sleep but its all about the money.

"Attention all students at Walter G. Byers, Druid Hills, and Thomasboro that are here on the wildlife experience please report to your schools designated areas at this time thank you!". I had to make announcements sometimes when we had big groups but I was confused if it was teacher workday why were they having a field trip? Ain my business. I watched all the kids go to there areas and I seen my nigga shamiya Lil brother kavion.

"Wassup nigga" he said dapping me up I laughed and shook my head he was bad as hell.

" wassup"

I watched him pull this little girl hair and run I guess that's the stage where when you mean to A girl you like em at least he ain gay.

RICA POV

" so did y'all have fun?" My mom and dad asked as we drove back home from Miami. I missed it already man back to Charlotte.

" I did" josh said all loud and shit making me smile.

" I think we should come down more often besides everyone seemed happy" I said and they laughed. Zayy just was on his phone listening to music looking out the window. While we was down here he got makenzie name tatted on him and I got my belly pierced it was a lot cheaper here too. Miami was just really nice well maybe just the north Miami since thats where we stayed.

I wasnt really ready to come home yet because I know a lot of drama was still going on...I know who made the team and who didn't coach was constantly calling me, I know carai had a job he told me, nia was still at my house living it up as she says and rayshawn(in picture) he was actually about to leave Charlotte and go to some school in south Carolina. Y'all he ain even a trap nigga he a basketball player and he good as hell I regret not texting back but oh well its more life to come. I did not miss work yoooo jasmine was calling telling me how these past two weeks nobody has been coming in on our shifts but her, anna, and jaylen I was like wow. I know I'm missing money but I talked to the manager.

"Rica so what are you doing this weekend?" My dad asked.

" nothing most likely other than catch up on school work, idk if I have to work tomorrow so yeah but wassup?"

I seen my dad looking at Me through the rearview mirror he just smiled and kept driving.

"Really what are you up to? The girl doesn't need anything else Marshall" my mama said. She always saying that like damn I can speak for myself.

My dad laughed " man I was just asking so I know if I'll have to drive her somewhere since you never do". I put my headphones on and put a movie in the dvd player for josh because nobody wanna hear them arguing.

Rayshawn😊 yeah I'll be leaving around 10 tonight...

Me: wow we never got the chance to hang out...will you visit sometime?

Rayshawn😊 right, but yeah holidays or off season times I'll make sure I'll let ya fine ass know bae 😘😌💪

Me: lml oka 😌👑

I really didn't think of Ray as a boyfriend I thought of him more as just a friend because I didn't really know a lot about him...he was cute and cool though and his plan for life was good. He wanted to be in the nba but he wanted to be a sports doctor I thought that was smart.

DYCARAI POV

" alright y'all I'm out" I said clocking out. I was tired as hell it was 4:04 and these damn kids was turnt as hell today. I never ever ever felt this tired after work but today I did. It was the last week the pool was open. I called my grandma and my aunt answered and said its gon be a minute before they come so I went back in and ate some chicken tenders and fries. .

I didn't really fuck with anybody I worked with so I was sitting by myself just thinking about how I can have this money by tomorrow night. I get payed tomorrow but with taxes taken out I only get $550 so I need $450 I got $350 at the house saved but I need that for myself. I hate being in the streets sometimes. Its like every dime I make I never keep to myself and it ain right. I might just have to lose this day 😕

Bookie🙊🍫🍭: wyd later?

Me: nothing probably hit the streets...you good?

Bookie🙊🍫🍭: of course i was just seeing if you changed a bit...guess not 😔

Me: grandma looking for ya...come by?

Bookie🙊🍫🍭: not even home yet...but I guess tomorrow

I missed rica but I'm not bout to keep lying to her so if she wanna be with me than she gon have to accept the fact I'm in the streets.

Auntie: come out

NIA POV

Minck😊👭💪 we got a good six hours before we back girl...maybe

Me: well is it okay if I leave than because I'm bored by myself and my cousin in town...

Minck😊👭💪 I mean yeah duh we never asked you to be there lmfaaoooo dumb ass

I started to just call her a bitch because she didn't have to be so mean to me all I did was ask a question. Even though it was my own decision to sit here for two weeks but she ain have to be so mean.

Ken😴: outside ... This shit dope

Me: lol I'm coming

I grabbed all my bags, and shoes and went to the car I didn't know the code so I just locked the door.

" heeyy y'all" I said to my uncle and cousin and they just told me calm down and put my seat belt on.

I was texting Shawn and he told me some bad news. He was like something about his mom wanna move back to Ohio and that he wasn't accepted to Syracuse they didn't realize he was only a junior and mistaked him for the other deshawn. I didn't really know what to say because I know how bad he wanted that and how happy he was. Shit he had a expensive ass party at the Hilton inn downtown that costed his mom $1200 dollars and he didn't even stay two nights. I would move back home too the hell. Imma miss him but all them times he ignored me and was on snap with other girls nope I'm good besides last week he said he wasn't looking forward to anything special with me so.

Shawn😣😴🚫 yeah man that shit crazy

Me: yeah, just keep your head up

He left me on seen and I already regretted not laughing at him. I put my phone down and just ate the food my cousin had .

" hello?" I answered my phone for Rica and she wanna whisper and shit.

" I'm almoooost home" she was still damn whispering so I know she just wanna play games and shit.

" stop whispering and damn lying man thirty minutes ago you said 6 hours quit playing."

" ight ight I am done playing but was my room window locked?" She asked and I really ain know so I just said yeah because shit I ain use it so it should be.

" yeah why?"

" making sure thanks boo" she hung up.

My best friend was crazy as hell man I swear but I love her. I missed her a lot too.

Saturday Morning

I woke up feeling tired as hell but I smelled food so I got my big ass up. I walked to the kitchen and my grandpa was throwing down he made pancakes, livermush,grits,bacon,eggs, biscuit, all that man i was happy as hell.

"Good morning grandpa" I said hugging him as he made plates. He looked at me funny than grinned.

" good morning could you help me Set the table and cut that coffee off" i cut the coffee off and helped him put plates on the table. We put the extra food in the middle so we wouldn't have to keep getting up.

"Imma get ya grandma, sister, and mama" he said walking out and I got the sweet tea, syrup and jelly out.

I was happy it was Saturday my best friend was home I wondered if she wanted to do anything probably not though so I asked Shawn was he free maybe he could come to the movies with me.

DYCARAI POV

I got ready to leave out and my grandma was still sleep. I went to kiss her head and tell her I love her before leaving for work. I forgot to tell her Rica might be coming by later to see her and I was already in the car with Beyonce.

" good morning nigga" she said touching my thigh and I moved her hand. We was always only just friends but its been times she offered to do some shit I ain with plus she fucked with my niggas. Yeah niggas not nigga.

" wassup Bruh thank you for coming tho always looking out" I said turning the radio up and 21 song dip dip was on. This was Rica song but I had other stuff on my mind.

" already you always was here for me" Beyonce said pulling off.

I had a couple hours I asked to do today to get more money. My job payed on the spot so if you work extra you get it at the same time you get ya check so this $50 should help I guess but the manager fwm so I might get $150. I really gotta get out this shit man.

"You okay carai?" Beyonce asked.

" man nah but I will be " I said zoning out not hearing shit she was saying.

RICA POV

Pooh😴🍭 I really need help man...if you got time today lemme know but I'm working from 9-1 to help myself with this situation and you can see my grandma at any time today.

I woke up from a weird ass dream about dycarai being in some shit and then I seen his message and I got really scared. I told this nigga the damn streets aren't for everyone they follow you everywhere. I was debating on helping him out or not because eventually this nigga gotta learn on his own.

Pebbs👭💪😂 you doing anything today ?

Me: no just a small dance meeting from 10-10:45 than short hours 1-5 so no but I'll be leaving out soon.

I looked at the time and seen it was 9:04 I had to hurry up. I got in the shower and threw on some flower shorts, a purple tank top, and my white huaraches my ass extra I be dressed up all the time. My belly button still was a little sore from the piercing but I had to clean it. This shit hurts and stinks.

" Rica come on I got moves to make" Zayy yelled at me and I rolled my eyes. I hated when he had to drop me off because he did too much.

" so ma you picking me up then and taking me to work later?" I walked in my mom room and she was watching some news report.

" yes yes yes" she said to make me leave. I made sure I had my headphones and phone because I knew how the wait on my mom always is and I need something. I texted carai back.

Me: smh man I gotta work from 1-5 so I guess I'll see you round 6 meet me at your house or we can go eat somewhere I know you get payed and we haven't been out to eat in a while.

We got to west Charlotte and I walked in the dance room no one was here yet but coach and I guess 4 girls that made the team.

" hey boo I missed you and them shorts cute" coach said hugging me.

" I knoooow you did and thanks I got em in Miami they had the cutest stuff on the streets. " I said biting a piece of her biscuit. I hope she ain been doing nothing with her husband.
" I think I'll be going down there soon but today we just letting em pick their sizes for these new uniforms and I wanna see them dance together in old practice uniforms one time and y'all can go" she said as more girls came in. She looked at them and smiled but I knew she had something to say. I just walked in her office and put my phone down.

"Okay so new uniforms could be here in two weeks if we all pay dues on time and y'all picked the uniform so I hope y'all can pick that $550." Coach said ending the meeting. I walked outside and whaaat my mama was already here. I thought about go see grandma while I was on this side and ma took me to get breakfast than we went back to grandma.

"Good morning did dycarai tell you I was coming by?" I asked grandma handing her the box of food. Butta wasn't here so I know she didn't eat thank god we stopped and got food. My mom stayed in the car to make the trip quick.

"Hey baby no he didn't tell me and you brought breakfast thank you" she took a bite of the grits and smiled I'm assuming they were good by the look on her face.

We talked for 20 minutes about her health and dycarai before my mom called. It was 11:30 and that gave me a good hour to get ready for work. I needed a small nap but I doubt I'll get that.

" you might as well move in with the lady" my mama dramatically said and I rolled my eyes and we pulled off.

Pooh😴🍭: lml right but ight let's go to waffle house your favorite place.

Me: 😜😍 yay see you at 6:30.

DYCARAI POV

Bookie🙊🍫🍭: yay see you at 6:30.

I was on break which means I only have a good two hours left to work and I was happy. I get off at 1 and that give me time to sleep, make some moves, and meet Rica. I thought about what she liked to eat and decided that when I get my check I'll put $85 to the side for our food.

" you on schedule today?" This nigga name Aron asked. He was cool people we just ain usually work the same days.

" something like it" I said because I ain need nobody knowing I got extra time and they checks be low. I'm just a young nigga tryna make it.

My grandma had called me and asked why didn't I tell her Rica was coming by this morning and I told her I had forgot and I didn't know it would be morning. She was like she brought her a good breakfast and I'm like oh really but I gotta pay for our dinner. I mean for Rica I'll do anything because she's the type of person that deserves the world but can't get it. I gotta get right so we can be together fuck these other hoes.

" hey dycarai " Nikisa said I was surprised her mama let her out. She was with some niggas and a girl I guess a double date that shit lame but I mean fun is fun me and Rica never did that because we too nasty. Ahaaa

"Wassup I ain seen ya in a minute" I said and I was hoping they would just buy these damn bands and go on. Nooooo she wanna conversate like it ain a line behind her so I called Aron up to open another line because she she was talking too much.

" yeah kisa okay bruh let us get 4 of them all day bands, and 4 laser bands, and is the pool still open?" One nigga said. I was glad he shut her skinny ass up her glasses started fogging up any damn way I just didn't say anything.

" $80.04 and yeah its open for all ages until 5 and 15+ until 9 tomorrow the last day though." I said and he handed me a hundun. I checked and made sure it was real because he look like he'll try to pull some shit. I marked the money and gave him $19.96 back and they went on.

NIA POV

"that was good thanks again" I told my grandpa washing my plate off getting ready to shower. Rica had shit to do and Shawn said he would like to go to the movies so I gotta find a way to go with him without my mom knowing. I texted kisa.

Suuuus👭💪👑: I'm out with lashawn, daisy and javiere...if he still got money I guess me you him and Shawn can go....

Me: oh never mind than

That was a big X. I called kanisha and she was in oaklawn so I just told ma I wanted to go over there. Real plan was to meet Shawn and go to the movies since she didn't approve of me being by myself with a boy yet. I'm 16 I don't understand that shit plus in a month I'll be 17.

I was debating on wearing ripped jeans or regular jeans. White shirt or blue shirt. I was wearing my flu game 12s. I guess white would look better. I let my sister flat iron my hair before I got in the shower and it looked good shit I looked good. I got out the shower lotioned up and brushed my teeth then I realized I wasn't getting dropped off until probably 6 after we took LA to work.

Me: we can go at like 7

Shawn😣😴🚫 that's cool...

Me: you sure?

Shawn😣😴🚫 I'll let you know

I rolled my eyes because he always do this shit when I wanna do something it's always something that gets in the the way. Than when I don't come see him he wines and cries and swears I never spend the time of day with him and that ain true. I am so over this all.
Me: man Shawn ain shit.

Minck😊👭💪 and we been knew this... What happened

Me: he flexxing

Minck😊👭💪 how? Where y'all posed to be going?

Me: movies later 😴 but he wanna act like he don't know if he coming

Minck😊👭💪 I'm finna ibh and blank 💯 that's lame asf you always at his basketball games and all uu ask is for a small ass hour or three and he bitching...

I smiled because she always made that nigga think twice but i felt it shouldn't even take a second person to do that if "we talk" .

"So you're going to kanisha house for what?" My mama asked me and I got nervous...I hate lying to her but I hate being home all day every day I hope i get this job at wildin out.

" to just hang with her and I guess go to the movies." I said softly. She looked at me and had her phone in her hand I just knew kanisha did something.

" don't lie, kanisha isnt even over there and she just called and asked me could I pick her up tomorrow from her friend house so why are you going over there?" She yelled and tears started falling fast from the anger I had inside of me.

" ma I promise I didn't know that she told me she was home and she wanted to go to the movies later you can see for yourself" I yelled back and she just walked away.

I just could never catch a break I called Rica mama and asked if she could come get me and if I could spend the night. She said yes like always so I packed some clothes, grabbed some shoes, and just sat and waited. I wanted to blank on kanisha so bad but it wouldn't do anything she always doing some fucked up shit.

Rica POV

" noooo boy I'm on my way in now" I told nishad annoying ass. I guess his cousin was having a party at sports connection today and his aunt wanted to know prices.

" wait no you work at sport connection not wildin out my fault" he said and I got a bad feeling. Maybe they wouldn't get there at the time dycarai was still working.... I hoped not since they were "beefing".

"What time is the party anyway?" I asked

" start at 1 that's why we rushing" I just shook my head a party starting in 30 minutes but no one knows any prices bet.

" no it start at 3 my bad" he said and I was a little happy. He asked would I come and I just hung up. If I just said I was on my way to work why would I come? Nope not me I don't even like his bad ass lil cousin.

Pooh😴🍭 I get off at 4 they changed my shit man but money is money.

Me: smh that's fine I get off at 5 have a good day tho

Now we gon have problems. Nishad is HB and if they beef with somebody they fight on scene so if he see carai working he gon try him and carai ain a bitch so he gon scrap. I just pray today dycarai be a bitch and let nishad do that because I don't want him losing his job and I don't want nishad being arrested. I got out the car and went inside. It wasnt so busy it was barely people here maybe because it's only 12:50.

"Hey hoe " jasmine said hugging me tight as hell.

" biitch chill damn before you kill my baby" and she just let go and mouth dropped. I busted out laughing and walked into the office. Her ass still stood there believing me.

I seen jaylen on his phone arguing I'm assuming with his girlfriend so I waved and he waved back. You would think only us 3 plus Anna worked but it was more I just don't fuck with everyone I'm not a people person.

" soooo why didn't you tell me...when did you find out?" Jasmine asked me and I just looked at her.

" man I was playing bool out Im not even thinking about that right now" I said clocking in.

" bruh you play too much my water almost broke and I ain preggo either" she said and we died laughing because she stupid as fuck.

I put my phone on silence and slid it in my work jacket pocket and walked to my register and got started on my day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 988 30
Maria is a typical teen. What happens when she falls in love with an older man? Even worse it's her teacher!
7.5K 641 27
She fell for a woman for the first time. And never looked back. 🥇-#yejisu 🥈-#yejisu 🥇-#lia
153K 3.3K 13
Marinette had lost everyone except her parents, clients, and her 14 real friends due to Lila. When Marinette gets 2 classes to go on a trip to Gotham...
141 1 20
He's her whole world. No one understands him like she does. They're a perfect match. Too bad he doesn't know she exists.