Wrong Place ✔

Av MatshidisoBella

What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48/ The Epilogue

Chapter 30

9.9K 479 61
Av MatshidisoBella

Kimberly Jacobs P.O.V

Sunday lunch went by pleasingly. Aunty kept all of us entertained. I was very happy, the happiest I could be. Miguel and I weren't at each other's throats. Nicholas and I finally are talking. It was refreshing. It got a little chilli outside so we moved to the lounge on the second floor. I haven't been in here, but it wasnt as bigger as the one downstairs. It was warm, and cosy.

We were talking, I was sitting next to my aunt, in her embrace, covered ourselves with a single throw blanket.

Just as we were talking Nicholas's phone rang, he went outside to answer it. Not a minute later Miguel's phone also rang. It was around eight in the evening.

"Molly." My aunt spoke up, setting her empty glass of wine on the table. "What's going on with these two boys you've adopted in your life?" She asked, and I was startled. My aunt wasn't stupid, hell she was far from it, she was suspecting something. Ever since last night when Miguel came back home bruised up like that, with crazy amount of blood on his shirt.

"Auntie, what are you talking about?" I asked, hell I wasn't supportive of Miguel's way of living but he didn't ask for it.

"These boys, are up to something, and I am not going to leave you here alone with them. You are coming back home with me." Her voice was strict. She was actually serious.

"Auntie I can't just leave..." What about Miguel? I had meant to ask. But that question surprised me even. Like what about Miguel Kimberly? The man is a murderer, a drug dealer, has an ice box for a heart, humanity is buried deep down at the roots of his being, he had called me names, humiliated me, slowly but surely tortured my soul, he has shut me out of his life, has this big secret he doesn't want me to know of, always in fights, my life is in danger because of him. So what about Miguel?

She squeezed me a little. "Yes you can. I smell trouble brewing here baby. A problem bigger than you and I. How do you explain the bruises they're sporting?" She whispered harshly.

What about Miguel? He was tortured by his father, he lured him into this dark life, he forced him to be this cold hearted bastard he is, he caused Miguel to lose a life, everything Miguel is, is on Stefano's hands and I won't crucify him.

"You don't know them aunty. They are good guys!" I defended them. "They are good people." I pouted.

"Honey? Don't be naïve now." Her tone was very much harsh, but I knew what she meant. She was looking out for me. But the problem here now is, I leave with her, I put her life also in danger. Carter is still out for my blood. And he is getting angrier because Miguel had rescued me from his damn prison.

"I'm not being naïve!" I almost yelled at her, but if I do that, she'll kick my ass into next week. "Miguel and I..." I had to say something. But before I could say anything the gentlemen came back, looking pissed off as hell.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking directly at Lobos.

"Do you mind going to the Empire tomorrow? Nick and I have some things to do." He sat down rubbing his temple.

Nicholas just headed to the bar, and poured himself another shot of whiskey. "I'll get my driver to bring you some files that are very much important tomorrow. You already know what to do." He said, and I nodded.

It wouldn't be the first time they both left me in charge, even with my lack of experience, I had an idea on what to. Plus they had the best team, money can buy.

"Boys, I need my beauty sleep. I will see you all tomorrow, when God allows us." She kissed my forehead and left. Nicholas also left, leaving Miguel and I alone.

"Miguel, are you sure about sending me to The Empire alone?" I asked, I haven't been going anywhere if he wasn't with me.

"I'll send more bodies to watch over you. I will break their necks one by one if anything happens to you. Even if you break a nail, I will make them pay for that." I blushed at that. If this was his way of showing he is able to care, then I I like it.

"You're cute when you blush." He walked to the couch I was sitting on and pulled me towards him. I let him. Since Friday, Miguel Lobos has been touchy, touchy. And I mind not, let me inform you.

He wrapped the throw blanket over us. My heart started beating faster. It beat faster than the normal rate everytime he touched me, or intrude in my circumference.

"Miguel, don't get mad but..." I knew I was starting trouble, but since we are so getting to know each other, I might as well do it now.

"Before you say anything can I offer you wine?" He was about to stand up but I pushed him back down. "I don't want the bloody wine, I want to know about Linda." I looked into his eyes and I felt him stiffen, then his eyes turned cold. Yes, that cold glare still scares me shitless.

"Kim, we spoke about this..." He unwrapped his arm around me. Shifting a little, putting a small distance between us.

"We did? It's okay for you to ask about my life, my deep buried secrets, but I can't ask about Linda? The one person who haunts you so bloody fucking much!?" I was done being shoved back.

He sighed and stood up. "And where do you think you are going?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"To get a damn drink! Geez woman. If I'm going to tell you about another woman that I loved more than life itself then I might as well get drunk not to feel anything, or even notice the expressions on your face." I didn't see that one coming. Now that he mentioned how he "loved the woman more than life itself" I am scared to hear anything at all.

My heart was threatening to leap out of my chest, he hasn't said much, but the little he had said, caused uneasiness in me.
"On second thoughts, that wine sounds perfect." I faked a smile.

He nodded, he downed two shots of whiskey on rocks, then took double shots to go, bringing my glass of wine with.

"Years ago, Nicholas found out that Thomas had a step sister. Linda. When Thomas was adopted, Linda was sent to another foster care. Thomas told us this in a drunken state, but according to him, he was glad. The little sister was a spoilt brat who deserved the hell she was being put through." He started the tale. I paid attention.

"Nick and I knew how hard it was to be abandoned, and she was a girl, we didn't care about what Thomas wished, we had to save the girl. So we searched and found her."

"Petite, like yourself. Red hair, almost pale skin... She had the most beautiful green eyes. First thing I noticed about her was her eyes. But Nicholas noticed the bruises on her body, her malnourished body. She was even trembling. We got there, and kidnapped her. She instantly just trusted us, no difficulties but we told her who we were and what we wanted."

"We convinced Enoch to take care her in, and he didn't mind. Thomas wasn't happy. But Nicholas instantly felt protective of her. They built a sibling relationship, and I felt something for her. Her eyes were enchanting, the innocence written over her face was refreshing. She was like a breath of fresh air. My salvation." Okay I think I've heard enough. I was jealous. His eyes were lighting up. He was a different Miguel, a Miguel I wished to associate myself with.

"I was young. Twenty two, she was eighteen. But the things she spoke were way ahead of her age. She was smart, book smart, street smart, a total package." I felt pain, in my chest. I was smart, only book smart. Street smart? Please I was total whimp.

"So we took her in, told her everything about who and what we were. She never judged. She was happy to have a brother that loved her dearly and another guy who always stared deep in her eyes, and wouldn't let anything harm her. Not to forget a roof over her head, a chance to go to school and food in her stomach every single day." He took a gulp of her drink and stood up for a refill. I haven't touched my wine, and just then I took a first sip, not a sip, a gulp. I needed to fill my head with something.

"So a year later she was used to us, we were inseparable. She hated the mafia life, but she understood how it worked. So I started flirting with her. One thing led to another and next thing she was my girlfriend. A woman I wanted to marry, so she can bear my kids. I wanted to give her everything!" He sat down again, swirling the drink.

"She was beautiful. My God!" He smiled, a beautiful smile. This man and his perfect teeth! "One day, she came looking for me at my house, and didn't find me. She heard my father and Enoch and someone else talking. They were talking about a big secret they had buried deep. In this business we are cruel, but we have to be rational. Just like Carter now, he killed Ruiz's mother to cause him to lose out on an game they were playing, leaving Carter with power, winning and acquiring some shit. That was a fucking stupid bad move, but it happened and if Ruiz finds out, Carter will be out! Ruiz has most people's respect, has money and power, while Carter acts like he has money and power but in reality he has nothing!"

This was news to me. I don't know how I felt. Like I hated where this is going. Why do I feel like Linda and I are the same? Hearing things we aren't supposed to hear?

"So she tried telling me, but couldn't. Every day she'd give me hints but was scared to say anything." He clenched his jaw. "She was stupid for that!" He hissed.

"I'm your fucking boyfriend, dangerous as hell, but still can't tell me shit? That pissed me off!" He chucked down the whiskey. He was about to go for another one but I stopped him. His words were beginning to sound slurry.

"That's enough liquor for the day." I said.

"Can I have the last glass? Please Kimmy." He pleaded and I nodded. I couldn't say no to that stupid cute face he pulled. He poured the last one.

"Stefano knew, she knew something. He found her as she was just about to leave the house. And this I heard from Stefano just the other day. The night I had accidentally called you by her name." I cringed at that memory.

"Did I tell you, she was the one who found that my birth name was Miguel Lobos? I changed my name instantly. I was so happy that I could fucking touch the sky. My mom was a single lady, died two years after giving birth to me. I don't even remember her. All I remember is the orphanage and being adopted by Stefano at the right age. All I was glad for, was that my mom didn't abonded me. She loved me, but some sickness had her and killed her, taking her away from me."

I felt sorry for him. This man went through the most, my God!!

"I'm sorry" I found myself saying.

"I am too. But anyway, my Linda was such an angel. Too sweet, too innocent and she loved me for who and what I was. And she got killed for being at the wrong place, at the wrong time, looking for me. She died because she loved me." He sighed.

"She was living with Nicholas and we found her dead. Strangled, her eyes wide open, fear soaking them. That day I felt my heart leave my body." He finished his drink and slumped back into the couch.

I was stunned. I was lost for words. My wine was still fresh in my glass, had only taken that gulp.

"You haven't touched your wine." He said after a minute of silence.

"The night we slept together, you said you let me sleep on your chest and you didn't even feel guilty." I said, I was supposed to ask a question but that's all that came out.

"I love having you in my arms. I loved having you in my arms. Everytime I was with another girl, I'd feel guilty as hell. Thinking I betrayed her, but with you?" He shook his head.

I looked at him and I didn't know what to do. Do I hug him, while I'm being jealous as hell? Screw my jealousy the man is hurting.

Just as I was about to hug him, something inside of me stopped me. I suddenly felt like I was his sort of rebound. Linda died being in the same situation as I am now, Miguel sees her in me and that sucks!

"I am going to bed." I threw the blanket off of me and placed the wine on the table.

"Just like that?" He asked, and I replied not.

□□□□

Boom Boom!!

Boom Boom!! We now know all about Linda...

:)

Two ipdates in one night. Hope you loovveee...❤

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

405K 9.6K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
2.2M 89.4K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...
211K 4.4K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
2.1M 51.3K 38
''Sweetheart you'd do well to listen to me when I say you're mine. Do you understand?'' He said, his eyes flashing with anger. Well I was just as enr...