Fangs in Space

By drDevil

The queen of the damned is bored, rich and insane. After civilisation makes first contact with a new species... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1: First Contact
Chapter 2: Reminiscing
Chapter 3: Tripping
Chapter 4: Meet the smurfs!
Chapter 5: Worries
Chapter 6: She-vamps are from Venus, he-vamps are from Mars
Chapter 7: Mosquito
Chapter 8: Zea's First Kiss
Chapter 9: Realisation
Chapter 10: Anastasia
Chapter 11: Preparations
Chapter 12: Blood Christening
Chapter 13: Peter's mayhem
Chapter 14: You're Poison
Chapter 15: Chloe
Chapter 16: Fear is a great substitute for love
Chapter 17: An overdose of violence
Chapter 18: Dirty
Chapter 19: Change of Plans
Chapter 20: Score settled
Chapter 21: Hot Stuff
Chapter 23: Annihilation
Chapter 24: Wild Horses
Chapter 25: Killjoy
Chapter 26: Big Badda Boom
Chapter 27: Pink Cloud
Chapter 28: Union and Reunion
Chapter 28: Puke and Toast
Chapter 29: The power of shame
Chapter 30: Zeander
Chapter 31: Cataclysm

Chapter 22: A touch of blue

935 14 0
By drDevil

Zea’s POV

We finished the last jump and hovered in orbit above the Blueberry Planet.

The planet seemed to be mostly water, with numerous small continents randomly scattered among it.

I checked the sensors for enemy ships. None.

I studied the different continents of the planet and picked a suitable place to land and hide the ship.

While we descended into the atmosphere, Kieran shifted uneasily behind me.

“What is wrong?”

“I am hungry. We need to hunt ASAP.”

“Okay. I’ll try to land somewhere nearby a settlement.”

Halfway during our descend I made the ship flutter instead of using jet power and we elegantly hovered to the location that I had picked.

The clearing came nearer and the mosquito stretched out it legs. It gently touched down, bent through its knees to end up in a squatting position. The liquid drowned away from the cockpit and the glass dome opened up. The tubes unhooked themselves from my flesh and I lifted myself out of the craft.

My feet hit green grass with little purple flowers scattered amongst it.

Pines lined the clearing and the air smelled clean. A sun was setting, revealing two moons, one was much bigger than the other.

I was startled by its resemblance to Earth. From space Roke had looked so different.

I heard a thud behind me and saw that Kieran had climbed out as well.

The glass dome closed and I pulled the lever on the side of it. The mosquito cloaked.

“Ah, that was that lever for.” Kieran commented.

I frowned, “What are you talking about?”

“Remember shooting me in the butt?”

I grinned. That was a good memory.

“And me taking you down afterwards?”

My grin disappeared.

“Well, I hung onto that thing when you were trying to shake me off.”

Oh. I looked at the handle in hatred and made a mental note that ask whether they could make a push button of it.

“Well, let’s go hunt. I am hungry.” I said to him.

I lifted my nose in the air and tried to pick up the smell of blood. On the hive the blueberries’ blood had had this particular aroma to it. Like a sweet perfume used by innocent young girls.

I caught a scent and turned my head in its direction.

Female, barely out of adolescence, accompanied by four slightly older males.

My mouth watered.

Kieran picked up their scent too and smiled evilly. God he looked so handsome when he was hungry.

We followed the scent along a yellow brick road. After about 5 kilometres we intercepted a carriage that was accompanied by 4 guards on horses.

Kieran whispered, “I take the female…”, before he grabbed a crossbeam on the back of carriage and jerked it backwards, causing the horses to smash into each other and whinny in fright. He stomped up to the door, ripped it out of his hinges and entered the carriage.

I launched myself on top of one of the guards, throwing us off his horse. He tried to get up but I ripped off his leg. Whilst I was sucking on his leg, another guard attacked and defended myself by digging my fingers deep in the flesh of his face, ripping it half off.

The one-leg guy was screaming in agony, so I grabbed his heart out of his chest and sucked it dry. God, these blueberries were delicious.

The wounded guard was cupping his face with his hand and yelled for the other two to attack me.

I jumped on top of him and bit his neck in two. Blood was squirting in my face, the vampire equivalent of a chocolate fountain.

I heard the disappearing clatter of hooves and smiled. So the other two guards decided flee.

I glanced at the carriage. It was shaking wildly and I heard growls and screams coming from inside.

I shrugged. He would understand.

I launched myself into a chase. I loved chasing prey.

The air soared alongside my body and I could smell their fear.

They came in vision and my fangs exploded from my gums. God I was hungry. I was going to suck out every lost drop of blood. No mess this time.

I let out a growl before my feet left the ground. I landed in a sitting position behind the guard. He screamed and tried to get off the horse. I held him into position, put one hand on the side of his head, the other on his shoulder and pulled his head leftward. I pierced my fangs through the skin of his neck.

His adrenaline entered my system and I saw his miserable little life playing in front of my eyes.

Sooooo…the cute little rich girl in the carriage liked to play sadistic sex games with her guards. She would have made an excellent vampire. Too bad we can’t turn anybody anymore.

When I was almost finished, the guard started to flop his arms and legs wildly, causing the horse to buckle, but I held on tightly.

This was fun.

His heart rate slowed down and when it stopped, I threw him out of the saddle. His body hit the ground with a thud.

I drove the horse forwards and I closed in on the next meal.

I lifted myself up to stand and jumped over to the other horse as soon as I was within reach.

Performing the same routine, I sucked him dry and tossed him away.

Feeling much better, I stopped the horse.

I looked down at my hands and started to laugh. This would make blending in much easier.

I caught the other horse and led the two back to the carriage. They would make excellent money.

The two other horses were still there and grazing quietly. Good.

I jumped off and walked over to the carriage.

Kieran was sitting on its small stairwell studying his arms and hands.

He looked up at me and started laughing.

“You are even more purple than me!” he sniggered.

I wacked his head and glanced inside the carriage.

The young female blueberry was lying on the couch, her corset ripped open, skirts pulled up and half of her neck missing. The walls were stained with blood splatters.

I pulled up an eyebrow.

“It seems that you took more her blood.”

“Well, I sure as hell wasn’t the first.” He responded.

“Yea, I know. Naughty girl.” I laughed.

“Her guard, huh?”

“Every single one of them, she would have made an excellent vampire.”

He rolled his eyes. “Well that practice definitely paid off. She even taught me something new.”

I felt a twinge of jealousy but then I remembered a specific mental image that he had of me, and the green eyed monster melted away instantaneously.

What was that…that THING even?

I shuddered.

He interrupted my train of thoughts by pulling out a handkerchief and wiping away the blood on his face and hands.

He stood up and walked over.

“Uhm…You have some blood on your nose.”

Gently, he placed a hand on my jaw and wiped my nose with his other hand.

Awkward…

He caressed my cheek before letting go.

My gaze flickered to his lips, which were slightly open. God, he had nice lips.

Stopping myself right there, I focused at the situation at hand.

“We need to find shelter. And you are probably still hungry?”

He nodded.

“You ate them all?” he grinned.

“Yeah. Sorry.”

He moved his head and stared at the horses.

“You want to take the horses?”

“We can sell them if we reach a town, giving us money for a room at an inn.”

“Why don’t we simply use glamour?”

I glared at him. Spoil sport.

“You like horses don’t you?” he sniggered.

I nodded and got onto the big white horse.

“They are awfully cute, aren’t they? And I always wondered how it was to ride one. Now I know. It is awesome.”

“Zea, I have been a vampire for 1800 years. When I was still alive, horses were the main way of transportation. They are not cute, they more efficient than walking.”

I rolled my eyes. 

“Did you ever hear of the concept fun?”

He grinned pointed backwards to the carriage. “I had fun in there. Three breasts is fun.”

I shook my head “You really shouldn’t f*ck your food. It is distasteful.”

He winked. “You are just jealous.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, I really would like to be permanently blue and have three breasts.”

“That was not what I meant.”

“I know. I am avoiding the subject.”

I pushed the horse forward and drove down the road.

“Are you coming?” I yelled back.

He put his hands in the air in frustration and stalked over to the horse. He lifted himself on it and caught up with me.

“Zea…” he tried.

“No. Not now.”

 After 30 minutes of uncomfortable silence we got to a fork in the road. A sign indicated two towns and their distance.

“Neerix or Twirk?” I asked Kieran.

Both towns were at approximately the same distance.

I sniffed to pick up blueberry scent.

“Twirk smells bigger.” I said.

“Twirk it is. Let’s hope they have some decent accommodation. I am not sleeping out in the open.” Kieran said.

We took the road on the left and drove on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 0 11
In the aftermath of another attack on her colony, Royal Commander Grex needs options. Without taking the war to her enemy, she risks her own nest bei...
34.6K 1.6K 43
Book 1 of the Sinniriel Saga After being framed for the death of her family, Lilium finds herself dumped on a desert planet full of weird creatures a...
12.1K 414 81
Cecily Turner has grown up fighting against the pack that killed her mother, the ones that seek to over power every pack before taking out the King o...
Lilith By RudeReels

Mystery / Thriller

8.3K 490 22
Lilly has an alter ego who only comes out in the most dire of circumstances. Everytime Lilly summons it, she loses a part of her humanity. In her ne...