Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods

By YouNique09

"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire... More

Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods
Welcome to Society by e.h
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Society, Bitch
Chapter Two: Fireproof
Chapter Three: The girl with violet eyes
Chapter Four: Get close, but don't get burned
Chapter Five: Sweetest Downfall
Chapter Six: Bown down to the Queen
Chapter Seven: Stormborn
Chapter Eight: Curious little thing
Chapter Nine: Wandering girls
Chapter Ten: Riddles
Chapter Eleven: Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve: The game of push and pull
Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining
Chapter Fourteen: Add fuel to the fire
Chapter Fifteen: Likewise
Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Moment
Chapter Seventeen: Salted Wound
Chapter Eighteen: Look beyond
Chapter Nineteen: Ability Phase
Chapter Twenty: Traveler
Chapter Twenty-one: Change and unanswered questions
Chapter Twenty-two: Follow her lead
Chapter Twenty-three: Feel the wind
Chapter Twenty-four: Little Ezra's defeat
Chapter Twenty-five: Burn
Chapter Twenty-six: You tell me
Chapter Twenty-seven: Love
Chapter Twenty-eight: An arrow through the heart
Chapter Twenty-nine: Act of selfishness
Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame
Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely
Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around
Chapter Thirty-three: Pieces of a puzzle
Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition
Chapter Thirty-five: Too curious
Chapter Thirty-six: Four Parts
Chapter Thirty-seven: Safe zone
Chapter Thirty-eight: Crashing from the high
Chapter Thirty-nine: What am I?
Chapter Forty: True form
Chapter Forty-one: The Key
Chapter Forty-two: Broken again
Chapter Forty-three: Between how it is and how it should be
Chapter Forty-four: Between who you are and who you could be
Chapter Forty-five: Alpha
Chapter Forty-six: I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours
Chapter Forty-seven: Just like that
Chapter Forty-eight: Burning Bridges
Chapter Forty-nine: The Light
Chapter Fifty: Click
Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel
Chapter Fifty-three: No going back
Chapter Fifty-four: The lesser of two evils
Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures
Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate
Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point
Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen
Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall
Chapter Sixty: Point of no return
Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning
Chapter Sixty-two: The End
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do

59.3K 1.8K 427
By YouNique09

Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do

"If you love me don't let go" - Unsteady (X Ambassadors)

- Ezra Alexandra -

Ezra thought her feelings were just fooling her but as she saw Aiden Lockhart stood at the entrance of the surf shack, the gut wrenching feeling turned out to be right.

She's slowly getting used to his presence. That's an improvement right? Pero nagtaka kung bakit ito andito ngayon.

Hindi rin niya pinalagpas ang sinabi nito. It made her blood boil a little but she promised to control her temper when he's around. Nakapag sink in na naman sa kanya na magiging parte na si Aiden ngayon ng buhay niya so walang maitutulog ang pag taas ng temper niya tuwing makikita ito.

Ayaw niyang nag a-adjust para sa iba. Dahil sa sitwasyon nila ngayon, maybe he can be an exemption.

Aiden raised a brow, waiting for her fuming answer but Ezra took a deep breath to control herself.

She gave him a once over and realized that he wasn't dressed to go to the beach. Parang si Zeus lang kanina.

"Who invited you?" Her expression was slightly amused.

"Your Mom gave me a call while I was on the road," He answered casually, walking closer to where she's standing. "Malapit rin lang naman ako sa area kaya pumunta na ko"

He sounded so casual. Ezra did not know how to react.

Nang tignan niya ang kasamang mga lalaki, naroon na ito sa likod ng shack at nag wa-wax ng mga napiling board. Hindi man lang siya sinabihan na tapos na pala sila pumili.

"May napili ka na?" Biglang tanong nito.

Kumunot ang noo niya. She but her lip before answering, "Ayoko na. Nagbago na isip ko"

"Mabilis pala mag bago isip mo"

Kumunot ang noo niya. She doesn't know if he really meant to say that or just wondered aloud.

"So what? Got a problem with that?" Sinamaan niya ito ng tingin.

Aiden wasn't affected by her look at all, he even smirked. "There's nothing you can say that will make me like you less"

He then grabs her wrist. "Kailangan ko mag pakita sa parents mo. Tara!"

Hindi alam ni Ezra kung bakit hinayaan na lang niya ng sarili na magpahila kay Aiden. Pleasantries were exchanged nang makarating sila sa kubo kung nasaan ang lahat. Mukhang alam na ng mga ito na darating si Aiden. Siya lang ata ang hindi.

Ezra saw how her Dad couldn't hide his smile nang makipag shake hands ito sa kasama niya. Yep they planned it alright.

She's technically not mad at her parents anymore, back to normal na ulit sila. They were in 'talking' terms again. But naging go signal ata iyon to manipulate her supposedly 'love life'.

Baby steps, Ez.

Tapos na siya sa 'shocked' at 'denial' phase. Nasa acceptance na siya. Hindi pa man niya natatanggap ng buong buo ang sitwasyon at least na a-acknowledge na niya ang presence ni Aiden. Slowly but surely. Ayaw niyang biglain ang lahat ng ito.

They have to get to know each other first and settle their ground.

Inaya siya nitong mag lakad lakad sa shore.

Dahil kanina pa sila sa tubig, her clothes were already soaked. She's wearing a blue bikini under her think white tank top at shorts of course. Halos naka dikit na ang tank top sa balat niya dulot ng malakas na hangin.

Umupo ito sa buhangin hindi kalayuan sa linya ng mga kubo kung nasaan ang iba. Ezra sat beside him with a safe gap.

"So what made you do this?"

The 'this' he was referring to was them together at this very moment.

"Last week you won't even lay your eyes on me," Aiden added casually.

Ezra rolled her eyes and grumbled. "You really had to say that"

"Just telling the truth" He gave her an innocent look bago muling tignan ang dagat. Mukhang nakuha nito na ayaw niyang tinitignan siya.

"Acceptance," Ezra finally answered after a few seconds. "I came to a conclusion that I cannot escape my fate"

Aiden nodded faintly. Natahimik muli sila.

"Something tells me you want to take this slow" Aiden finally said.

"This is all new to me," Ezra sighed. "And I barely even know you and you don't know me---"

Aiden cut her off with a chuckle. "That's where you're wrong"

"I've known you for years," he casually leaned back with a smile. "You have quite a reputation along with the other half bloods" He nods at the water where the boys were surfing away.

Ezra smirked. She doesn't know what to answer. Anu-ano kaya ang mga nalaman nito tungkol sa kanya?

"Pero yung alam ko tungkol sa'yo galing lang sa iba"

She can feel his eyes on her.

"You want me to tell you some things about myself?" Ezra raises her eyebrow, getting what he's on to.

"Hindi naman lahat ng narinig o nalaman ko tungkol sa'yo ay totoo," he nods.

"Okay..." Ezra smiled a bit. So they were on to step one.

They spent almost half an around just talking. Siya lang naman talaga yung nagsasalita while Aiden was listening, smiling from time to time too. The thing he knows about her beforehand must've been the foul things that came from the gossips that involved the half bloods.

They were cut off by a loud yell. Sabay nilang tinignan kung saan ito nanggaling, Ezra dropped her head in embarrassment as soon she discovered who it came from.

"Si Daddy Cain talaga" Ezra shook her head and bit her lip.

Her Mom and Uncle are acting like kids kung kailan present pa talaga ang Alpha.

"Are they usually like that?" Aiden asked with a laugh habang sinusundan nila ng tingin ang dalawang Woodsen na naghahabulan.

"Yeah," Ezra sighed. "Trip talaga ni Daddy Cain na inisin si Mom"

Aiden laughed again when the two were finally in the water. Halos mag wrestling na ang dalawa sa tubig.

Sila Zeus na ang su-surfing ay tumigil at umupo pa sa kanya kanyang board to watch the show.

Aiden shook his head. "They're like my Aunts and Uncles"

"Aunts and Uncles?" It was Ezra's turn to ask this time.

"My Mother has an interesting family," ngiti nito. "You'll meet them soon"

Ezra sure wasn't looking forward to that yet.

"Katulad mo I also grew up around hunters," he said. "They made my childhood awesome"

Ezra only knows a handful of facts about the wolf life since she doesn't care enough to know more pero ngayon kailangan na ata niyang alamin.

Before Aiden could tell more, tinawag na sila for lunch.

Aiden offered Ezra a hand to help her stand up. Tinanggap naman niya ito.

Bumitaw rin siya agad once she's up.

"Kids line up!"

Ezra groaned when she heard the command. Aiden looks puzzled.

"Anong meron?"

"Hindi ko alam," the others were already running to line up like soldiers. "Come on hurry!"

Ezra grabs Aiden's wrist and they broke in a run.

She lets go of him to take her place in the line next to her twin. They were arranged by age now.

Their parents were fondly looking at all of them with big grins.

At the corner of Ezra's eye, she saw how a small smile took over Aiden's lips.

"Alright," Adrianna claps to get their attention. "Those who want to stay for the night raise your hands!"

No one did dahil lahat sila ay naguguluhan. Tomorrow is a school day kasi.

"But we have school tomorrow" Athena speaks up.

"And we're leaving for London, right Mum?" Casper turned to his Mother looking very confused.

"We'll stay for now. Wala namang naghihintay satin doon"

Casper looked relieved and satisfied for some reason after hearing his Mum's answer.

"What about our clothes?" Lizzy asked.

"You were told to pack extras diba?"

They all nodded.

"Where are we going stay?" Zeus asked.

"We found a resort that will accommodate all of us"

"So hindi kami papasok bukas?" Aiane clarified.

"Yep"

After that they all raised their hands. They all wanted to stay for the night. Sino ba naman ang tatanggi sa instant long weekend?

They had lunch first before going to the resort. Ezra didn't get a chance to talk to Aiden after because Cain Woodsen hogged all of his attention.

The resort wasn't that grand. Mukha nga itong luma pero nung pumasok sila maganda naman pala.

It had four pools inside at sa tabi lang mismo ng dagat ang resort.

Ezra personally liked the hammocks that hung by each pillar.

Sa isang two story villa sila tutuloy. The first floor will be occupied by their parents at sila naman sa itaas nito.

They all went up to the second floor to dump their things.

Nang makita nila ang itsura ng kwarto, it all took them a second to look at each other before running to pick their beds.

The word "Dibs!" echoed through the room.

Puro bunk beds and kama kaya automatic ng si Enzo ang nasa top bunk.

Flame picked the bed close to the veranda kung saan kitang kita ang dagat. Ash picked the one next to Flame instead of the top bunk. Si Zeus naman ay pinili iyon kama sa tabi ng outlet.

Aria, Gianna, and Athena were the only ones who calmly picked their beds, pinili ng dalawa kung saan nalang yung natira. The younger ones however were distracted by something.

"Is this a mini pool or a giant bathtub?" Blake asked Lizzy.

"I think it's a mini pool" Casper answered.

"Looks like a giant bathtub to me," Lizzy pursed her lips. "Look oh there's a shower head!"

Sa pagmamadali nilang pumili ng kama hindi nila napansin na may mini pool pala ang kwarto nila.

    Zeus got dibs on the bathroom first. Sa kanilang lahat ito na ang unang naligo at wala ng balak pang maligo sa dagat o pool. Naiwan lang ito sa kwarto nila, charging his precious phone while the others hung out by the pool area.

Naka upo lang si Ezra, ang dalawang paa niya ay nakalubog sa tubig while Lizzy was grabbing on to it, swinging herself in the process. Hinayaan lang ni Ezra ang kapatid.

"He's going to be grilled," Asher muttered amusedly next to her, glancing at where Aiden's at.

Nasa hot seat ito ngayon ng mga magulang nila. Honorifics were stripped off at that moment, they were all speaking each other as equals, like family.

Ezra shook head. Wala siyang magagawa sa sitwasyon nito ngayon.

All she did was give him encouraging smiles as the interview and interrogation went on.

What happened today is not much but it's a start.

----

- Asher Lars -

After the youngsters informed Asher there's a liquor bar at the snack area, gusto na agad niyang puntahan ito. Ang kaso lang eh ayaw niyang mag isa.

Baka ma-harass siya ng kung sino don.

"Hey Ez," Ash approached his cousin with all smiles. She's already lying in bed, hugging a pillow.

Silang dalawa ni Aria dito sa villa nila.

Aria's already asleep.

"What do you want?" Tamad na sagot nito.

"Can I borrow Aiden?"

Ezra's brow shot up at his casual question. "Para saan naman?"

"I need a drinking buddy" He shamelessly answered.

"Go ask him not me," sagot nalang nito at pumikit na, pretending to ignore him and end the conversation.

He gave her a kiss on the cheek before getting up. Nang nasa hagdan na siya narinig niyang sumigaw ito ng "Uuwi pa siya Ash! Don't get him drunk!"

Ash only smirked. Uuwi pa ba si Aiden ng ganitong oras? He doubt it.

Nasa labas lang ang long table kung nasaan ang mga magulang nila. The long tables were along the pathway to the pools. Rinig na rinig rin dito ang pag hampas ng mga alon dahil hahakbang ka lang buhagin na agad ang maapakan mo.

Nag sisiksikan si Casper, Lizzy, at Blake sa isang hammock malapit sa table kung nasaan ang mga magulang nila.

"Tulog na si Ezra, Ash?" Tanong agad ni Mason kay Ash.

"Hindi pa po, Uncle" Magalang na sagot ni Ash dito before turning to Aiden.

"You up for a few rounds?" Asher hooked his thumb to the direction where the bar was at. Tumango naman agad ito.

Since hindi pa nga sila in good terms ni Enzo at walang kwenta namang kainuman si Zeus, si Aiden nalang ang last choice niya.

Hindi naman matao ang resort na ito kaya hindi nagulat si Ash nang makitang walang tao sa bar.

It's bar for someone who wants to chill. Halos lahat ng muwebles sa kwarto ay gawa sa kahoy. Even the bar itself is made of wood. Umupo sila ni Aiden sa kahoy na bench and requested something light.

"Ezra thinks na uuwi ka pa," Ash told his drinking buddy.

Aiden shook his head and smiled.

Tahimik pa sila ng ilang minuto until Ash finally turned to Aiden to start a serious conversation.

But then he squinted, a thought just popped in his head. "It's okay if I don't call you Alpha right? Wala namang huhuli sakin pag hindi kita ginalang?"

"Here? Wala. If my pack is present then meron"

Asher snickered. "Remind me to call you Alpha when your pack is present"

Uminom muna siya bago magsalita muli. "Okay so here's the thing," he gave Aiden a pointed look. "I like how you deal with Ezra"

The corner of Aiden's lips rose as he listened and twirled the glass he's holding.

"She's a pain in the ass sometimes," Asher chuckled. "But she's our pain in the ass. So if you can't handle her we will gladly take her back"

"I can," Aiden assured. "She just needs more time to warm up to me that's all"

"Inisin mo palagi," Asher suggested. "Pag kumukulo dugo niya sa'yo hindi ka mawawala sa isip niya"

"Ayoko namang mainis siya sa'kin palagi"

"Suggestion ko lang naman 'yon," He held his hands up.

Patuloy lang ang pag uusap nila tungkol kay Ezra.

Si Ezra lang naman ang topic na gaganahan si Aiden sumagot kaya tinuloy-tuloy na ni Ash. Telling him random stuff about their childhood, how Ezra's like to others, at kung anu-ano pa for the sake of alcohol. They were even interrupted by Blake, Lizzy, and his very own brother, Casper.

Ni-raid na naman ng tatlo ang snack bar.

"Kuya kulang pera namin, may extra ka d'yan?" Tanong ni Lizzy sa kanya.

"Just get what you want and I'll pay for it later"

Mukhang mali ata yung sinabi niya dahil kung anu-ano na ang kinuha ni Blake at Lizzy. Casper was just watching.

"They're playing a board game and requested for some snacks," Casper kindly informed him what their parents were doing. Tinaguan lang niya ito.

Umalis na ang tatlo after saying Thank you.

Napailing nalang si Ash. At least na e-entertain siya.

Ayaw kasing niya matulad kay Zeus na halos buong atensyon ay nasa phone na. He left his phone on the bed pagkatapos ng ilang failed calls sa California. Malinaw naman na ayaw siyang kausapin ni Callie. He'll try again, tigil nga lang muna ngayon.

He's not really a fan of 'strangers with secrets' shit. He wants something more.

"Hindi kayo masyadong close ng kapatid mo 'no?"

"Paano mo naman nasabi?" Asher's voice lowered.

"Ngayon ko lang kayo nakita mag usap sa buong araw na 'to. And he looks uneasy when he talks to you"

Asher can't deny that.

At that moment Flame decided to join them, looking tired. Not the sleepy kind of tired though. Sumalampak rin ito sa bench at nag request ito ng black coffee sa barista.

"Can't sleep?"

She only sighed and took a sip of her coffee. Sinabayan na ito ni Ash ng pag inom ng alak.

---

- Zeus Achilles -

Nakatingin lang si Zeus sa kanyang phone.

He's been contacting Seige all day. Buti nalang may signal na sa resort na ito ang kaso lang hindi naman sumasagot si Seige. Sigurado naman siya na tinuruan ito ni Aiane na sumagot ng tawag at mag reply sa text. What could she possibly be doing right now para hindi maka reply man lang o sumagot sa tawag niya?

Maybe she's at the diner? Baka naman nasa SA na ito?

Hell, maybe Seige forgot she even owned a phone.

Zeus dropped his phone on his chest after a failed call (again) and sighed. Buti nalang tahimik dito at tahimik din si Ezra thanks to Aiden's presence.

Nakahiga lang siya sa isang hammock na naka kabit sa pillars na malapit sa 5ft. pool. Hindi siya gumagalaw masyado dahil nasa edge talaga yung hammock. Kung maputol yung tali siguradong laglag siya sa pool. Ayaw niyang mabasa ulit, kakatapos lang niyang maligo eh.

Minutes passed, nakapikit lang siya. The sound of waves were oddly comforting kahit na kanina halos isumpa na niya yung alon kasi palagi nalang siyang nalalaglag sa board. He realized that he hates surfing. Period.

Good thing no one reacted when he wore a hoodie again. This place is chilly dahil masyadong open.

Ilang metro lang ang layo ng tables na pwedeng gamitin ng guest, overlooking dito ang dagat. Hindi ganon ka garbo ang interior ng resort na ito. Everything is just made of wood, tiles and concrete which they found satisfying. Natatakot pa nga si Lizzy na tumalon sa pool dahil hindi tiles ang ilalim, kundi simpleng simento lang. It was dark so it made the pool look scary. But then Blake being an evil child pushed Lizzy into the water at tsaka lang nila na realize na mababaw lang yung tubig. The water was completely natural too, walang halong chlorine kaya medyo refreshing din. Despite of the praises the water got, hindi na siya nag swimming. Inunahan na niya ang lahat maligo sa bathroom.

Nang mag mulat siya ng mata, mga bituin agad ang bumungad sa kanya. He can hear his family from here. Humalo ang tawa ng mga ito sa pag hampas ng alon. He can even see them from here. Maliwanag ang pathway patungo sa villa nila. The three youngsters were on a hammock too.

Zeus smiled. If only he could bring Seige here. He's sure she'll love it because of the wind. Naaalala niya noong nag joyride sila. The face she made, the laugh and squeals she let out was still so vivid to him. Gaano na nga ba katagal iyon? He can't remember. Gaano na ba katagal niyang kilala si Seige?

He doesn't care about that. Minsan hindi naman importante kung gaano mo katagal kilala ang isa tao. There are times when you just met a person, spend a night with them and know all their secrets in the morning. Or maybe their personality--- the hidden one. Sa simpleng observation magagawa iyon. But with Seige...

Zeus closed his eyes again. He's making an effort here. He wants to involve himself in her life but she is shutting him out.

His thoughts wandered to what happened in his training room last week. Ang tinatago kaya nito ang rason kung bakit ganito parin sila ngayon? Their relationship remains platonic.

That moment umamin si Seige. She's hiding something. Bakit pa ito umamin kung wala rin naman itong balak sabihin sa kanya. What could it possibly be?

Is it about her? Her life? Her family?

Telling someone your hiding something and not telling what it is, is a form of cruelty.

Zeus sighed. Akala niya tapos na siyang mabaliw sa isang babae.

Pushing everything at the back of his mind, adding the cold breeze and the sound of waves mabilis na naka idlip si Zeus.

He woke at the sound of footsteps. When he opened his eyes he saw a girl with red hair wearing a pink hoodie.

Kakalagpas lang ni Flame sa kanya.

Zeus whistled to call her, agad naman itong lumingon.

Flame raised her brow and pointed to herself. A lazy smile took over Zeus' lips, sinenyasan niya itong lumapit and she complied.

Nilingon ni Zeus ang pathway patungong villa nila at nakitang wala na ang pamilya nila roon. They're all inside.

He momentarily wondered what time it was.

Flame pointed to where the bar was at with her forehead in a knot. "Asher and Aiden's still there if you wanna join them"

Galing rin siguro ito doon.

Zeus pats the space next to him. Flame's expression didn't change.

But then she gave in.

The hammock was big enough for two. She laid her head on his arm and entwined their cold feet.

Because of the sudden movement, the hammock moved.

"You smell like coffee," Zeus whispered, adjusting his arm under her para mas maging kumportable ito. "Can't sleep huh?"

She didn't answer. But that was an answer for him.

Flame drinks black coffee whenever she can't sleep. It's her weird trait.

They stayed like that for he doesn't know how long. Hanggang sa mag tanong na si Flame.

"Did she reply?"

He did not have to ask how she knew because his actions were pretty obvious since he got out of the car this morning.

After a beat she spoke again. "You only get frustrated when some things don't go your way, false accusation, and over a girl"

"It's always the last one" Zeus mumbled.

"But it's not me this time"

Zeus couldn't help but smile at that.

He took a deep breath before answering, "Hindi siya nag reply sa lahat ng text ko. I texted her last night too, inviting her to this trip. Sabi ko susunduin ko siya kung sasama siya eh wala namang reply. Nung tumawag ako nag ri-ring lang. So yeah it's very frustrating"

"Alam mo yung mas nakakainis?" He grumbled."Yung nagkakaganito na naman ako sa isang babae"

Flame propped herself on her elbows to stare at him but then she returned to her previous position and touched his ear instead.

She used to do this back then. It felt normal for Zeus. Sa totoo lamg ay na miss niya ito. But the feeling longing, loath, regret... all sort of emotion he felt when they were together weren't there anymore. His body was used to having her in his arms that's why it felt normal but there's nothing more to that.

She kept tracing imaginary lines on his cheek for a minute or so until she finally spoke again. "Maybe you like her kaya ka nagkakaganyan"

He snatched her hand and laid it on his chest.

"Yeah..." Zeus closed his eyes. "Maybe I do"

There were no exchange of words after that. The sound of waves lulled them both to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 72.7K 49
PUBLISHED BY VIVA PSICOM
21.2M 544K 37
"Do you want to be his favorite obsession?" DAHIL sa isang trahedya, ikinubli ni Virgo ang kagandahang taglay. Itinago niya iyon sa pamamagitan ng pa...
1.7K 102 15
(SPIRITUAL SERIES #5 REPENTANCE) "They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise. You punished them and brought them to ruin. You wi...
964K 48K 50
Hoy bitch! Anong karapatan mong basahin ang story ko? Sinong nagbigay sayo ng karapatan? Yung walang kwentang author ba? *Rolled eyes* Oh well, anon...