Salient Affections (Unedited...

By MerakiQuill

"Yes, I like you! . But I'm not here waiting for you forever" she shouts back. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When c... More

Copyrights And Characters
2: Gulab Jamun
3: Asim and Mom
4: The Push
5: Nida Di
6: The Surprise
Suggestions, Questions Or Reviews
7: The Dance
8: Pillow Fight
9: The One Condition
10: Spending My Day.
11: Ayaz's New Home
12: I Like Him!
COVER PAGES Of The Times!
13: Will He Like Me?
14: The Fire
15: In The Hospital
16: First Day In High School
17: A Day With Navya
18: The Lunch Break
19: Secrets And A Promise
20: What Does She Need?
21: Hash Brownies
22: Make Out Session
23: I Miss You Ayaz..
24: Detention Room
25: Back To Mumbai
26: Incidents
27: A Confession
28: What The Future Awaits?
29: Time Has To Solve Everthing..
30: The Great Ramsos
Renaming Of Book Title
31: Matching Costume?
New Book : Transpired
Pray For Sudan : 1
Pray For Sudan : 2
The Interview

1: The Farewell Party

551 79 343
By MerakiQuill

"Sometimes
the smallest things
take up the most room in your
hearts"
-anonymous

______________________________
Words used :1945

~HUMAIRA'S P.O.V ~
(Main female character)

I'm sitting in the main hall of my house, decorated with rich red velvet sofas placed in a rectangular pattern. The intricate designs in cream covering it like swirls of floral. In my younger days, I'd sit and trace for hours relishing at their softness yet now, it was just a lounging area where you could sprawl as long as your parents don't catch you. The rest of the house was dominated with whites and creamish brown marble floors, boring colours I know, my parents had to be really obsessed with these colours since it's all over the house. (map added below)

The kitchen though is a hallway down, while the dining room is just adjacent to the main hall connecting and leading to the hallway, you could easily view the long table and it's many chairs from the main hall. (Map below)

💙 Blue       :  Bedrooms
💛 Yellow   :  Bathrooms
🌺 Pink       :  Main Hall
🍽️ White    :  Kitchen
💜 Violet    :  Storage rooms
🧡 Orange  :  Hallways
💚 Green    :  Long Narrow Balcony
🖨️ Silver     :  Kitchen
🏺 Brown   :  Dining Hall / Disco room

Nevertheless, houses are all different you could come by all the rooms, like the back of your hand with my journey of life, in here with you.

I'm practically doing nothing as my mobile battery is dead on purpose because it basically takes away all your fun making you insociable in my opinion. Therefore, that goes for charging leaving me with staring at the aliens; as in my friends sitting all around me, I roll my eyes at them for the nth time, it was like waiting for a webpage to load and it rounding a thousand time already yet, stuck at the same page, motionless and unmoving.

Let me give you an advice...
When you plan for a party make sure
They have no mobile which provides unlimited WiFi to you because I've learnt my lesson well enough since the past one hour... Oh... Of course... Let me enlighten you about it!

Here their heads have been trained to look into their mobile screens, it's almost as if looking somewhere else, would make their gadgets disappear in that millisecond!

Hands have been modified as professional holder no matter what unknown angles you are sprawled on the sofa

and

some have halfway reached the carpet, are upside down yet are still glued to it...

Professional gymnasts... Aren't they?.... Sigh...

Note the sarcasm*

"Guys! come on, let's play some game! " I whine to my friends, Saira and Maira who are twins and Naila, the twins had dark brown shoulder-length hair, Maira has it curly and open, while Saira had it in a side plait, brown-eyed girls were they with oval faces and pretty wide smiles.
While Naila had pin-straight black hair, sharp features, a slightly pointed nose, sharp jawline and prominent cheekbones, making her the attention-attractive girl of our group as you top it with her grey orbs which had a hint of blue at the centre. To say she was beautiful would be an underestimation, she could surpass even famous actresses and models in my opinion. (Saira and Maira picture above)

"Yeah...let's - "

And probably after a few minutes...

"Let's play something! Something... Umm... What about Japanese whisper?" Saira says finally completing her sentence, yawning and stretching.

(Japanese whisper - a game where you say a sentence to a player and the player acts it while the other group tries to guess it, eg. You enact a scene from titanic and the other group has to guess what movie it is.)

"No no we will play Chinese whisper" I argued. (Another kind of game)

The boys also join us, finally interested to bother showing some normalcy outside their social world. Two of them were my brothers Ayan and Rayan (not twins), Saira's and Maira's younger brother Asim and lastly Ayaz aka the attractive hunk of the group, brown-eyed smart features and awesome unmade yet naturally aligned brows, he loves to grow grass hairs on his head, as in, well vertically styling your hair like spikes but his were just plain vertically aligned and man, he had muscles one you could admire an overall good handsome built, not that I'd ever admit him.

The kid, Asim is around 12 years old brown-eyed and dark brown hair just like his whole family, hit his puberty recently, causing many skin problems in him but that doesn't stop him from showing off, he's bubbly and a big teaser, loves to get into fight as he can always escape with his rat-like slim and lean body, lucky guy I know.

That concludes all the aliens aka professional gymnasts... Oh and my brothers you will know them all along.

"Come on boys .. what do you all say? what should we play Chinese or Japanese whisper? " Naila asks sitting in Indian style, her pin-straight black hair covering her cheeks as she leans forward.

"Chinese! " Ayan bhai (bhai means brother) votes jerking his fist upwards making his short black silky hair, ruffling by itself on his head.

"nooo... Japanese " Rayan and Asim whine like kids shaking their heads sideways.

"Oh come on guys let's decide with palm fortune" Ayaz declares proudly, trying to be the big boy amongst us fighting teenagers.

"Palm fortune? " Puzzled, we all look questioningly at him.

"Uhm... Okay... Its like we all will place one hand of ours in front of us, and at the count of three it should either face the dorsal side or the knuckle side, the majorities with the same side will remove their hand, it will continue until there are three hands left, the majority among the three wins, which can be either the dorsal or knuckle side .." Ayaz explains

"aaaandd firstly we have to decide which game defines either sides " he adds hurriedly and I giggle, something is really amusing about him. Darn...

Everyone decides and we choose the dorsal side opting for Chinese whisper while the boys, take the other and then we start the palm fortune.

"Me, Saira and Ayaz are out? " I look questioningly at Ayaz he nods and we watch as others continue.

"Omg! Asim, Motu I'll not let you win" Naila shouts challenging them. (Motu- meaning fat, She used it for Rayan )

"Yes yes, Naila all is in your hands! " Maria says acting while placing her hand on her chest and pleading. We all laugh.

". Rayan ... Rayan .. " the boys bellow.

"Nailaaa... C'mon ... Be wise... "I, Saira and Maira say clapping, rubbing our hands and biting our lips in anticipation, on the other side the boys hooted and whistled like maniacs. Even though it's all luck and a simple way of settling upon one choice, we were still bellowing like it was a match.

At last Naila wins and we go with Chinese whisper.
.
.
.

......... After half an hour.....
.

.
.

My mom comes in...

She's fit and fine, a bit stout but more lean, strict about chores and manners just like my dad, you could sum them into one area 'traditional parents' ... Ahh...

I got my black hair from my mom and well I'd like to think I have a good figure not that it matters to me, average height but people tend to put me in the short category sadly, one thing that's good about me is the greeeen eyes I inherited from my dad. *smirks* Why? These green orbs have the ability to make people walk into poles and pillars. Psshh...Especially boys.

While both my brothers have my mum's light brown eyes, often reminding me of warmness and honey whenever I look at them. The whole family dominates on black hair, while my Ayan bhai is lean and tall, Rayan is more towards the chubbier side yet has a good height making me the shortest among them. We all can be classed as a fit and healthy family. 

"Girls and boys come grab yourself something to eat... The food is on the dining table" Mum bellows cheerfully.

The poor hungry souls including me get up and rush towards the table. As expected there were so many varieties of dishes on it.

I could never figure out how did she ever manage to make all of it, all alone...

I remember asking my dad when I was around 5 yrs...

'daaddy... how doesh mom make thiissh maaach tashty tashty food eashily?'

He said 'your mom is like a fairy, one spell and Yay your food is ready!..' and I replied back with a yay, jumping and swaying my body childishly. He chuckled, bringing the spoon to my mouth 'now say aahh..'

I shook my head laughing lightly thinking of how innocent we were as kids.

"Yummmmmyyy " Saira squealed jumping beside me.

"Custarddd!!! And with jelly woww! " she says, her eyes sparkling in delight at the various jelly shapes designed on the custard top.

My mom laughs and leaves us to eat our food, more oft comparable as to let us dig in like pigs...

Glancing at all the food on the table samosas, salad, custard, a round red velvet cake with cream topping, vegetable sandwiches, pancakes, brownies, pastries, french fries until my eyes land on the Gulab Jamun and the whole world disappears...

"Gulab jamun!! " I exclaim apprehensively yet unintentionally, but once said it was done and all the boys automatically turn their heads towards me with an 'o' then smirk...

Oh... no...

Saira and Naila yell, ushering me away.

" HUMAIRA TAKE AND RUNNN!! "

and

that's exactly what I do...

I RUN !!! ...

No way am I gonna let them eat my favourite sweet!!

Not even in their nightmares!!!!

I head straight to the main hall of my house and risk-taking a tiny peek behind to find them all running back of me, I gulp, my heartbeat speeding up as if they were gang rapists.

"Nooo...... Mummiiii" I squeal feeling infinitely scared, my mind did it's best to horrify me even more, accompanied by my heart beating a mile in a minute...

"Paaass it here... Humaira .. Paaaass! " Maira shouts stretching her hands, standing on the sofa leaning to reach me, quickly glancing back I calculate my chances of not being caught and then take a sharp U-turn making all the boys to crush each other topping up one after another like a sandwich.

To my precious food... I will always be there for you... Muahh !!

As I am about to reach Maira, a stronghold pulls me back by my waist, his whole arm wrapped firmly around me.

"Eeek!!! " I felt tingles on my back as his chest touched me completely engulfing my upper back, his breath falling on my neck, I shivered half delighted half uncomfortable, turning my head slowly to see none other than him grinning at me.

It was Ayaz... My rival in every game I ever remembered playing since my diaper days.

"Come on...mister darling," he says teasingly, turning my stiff body around.

"Give me the gulab jamun". He orders, his signature smirk on, his hand outstretched in front of me...

I gulp... Mentally crying...

________________________________
I'll be updating one chapter everyday.. feel free to give opinions and suggestions ...points out mistakes no problem... I'm all about improvement of this crappy draft.

I'm not that good a writer... And this idea popped up out of nowhere😂😂... I hope you are enjoying it!! 😊😊😉

Today's question :

Your favourite food type?
(As Italian, Chinese, Indian etc)

Answer in the comment box

Have a nice day!!

Keep smiling!!

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

⭐⤵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 29.6K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
37.2K 2.2K 31
*Not just a Fan fiction* I saw Aaliya hug aunty and cry, and I felt like something burned my heart. It disturbed me to look at her that way. Why is i...
47.3K 1.9K 117
Islamic story. Vote. Zamzam Maleek,a shy,introverted,independent 17 year old girl who has a very loving and wealthy family and has only one dream tha...
14.1K 656 37
𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮 - 𝗔𝗱𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀! 𝘼 𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙖𝙣 , 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙖 𝙝𝙚𝙖�...