Carry Me Home // cake

By paperxvalentines

Luke had no idea that falling in love with him might mean losing him forever. (slowwww updates!) More

one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen

six

664 54 28
By paperxvalentines

Calum and Luke had had a great night. It had started with ice-cream and ended with a movie, which Luke fell asleep halfway through.

When Calum had nudged him awake at the end of it, he had been quite sleepy himself, and Luke couldn't help the flip his stomach did at the sight of Calum's tousled hair and small smile.

The next morning, when he woke up, he refused to look over at Calum's sleeping figure. He got dressed, made coffee, and left.

He wasn't gay. He liked girls. Well, there was nothing wrong with being gay. He knew that if he was, his friends and family would support him, he kne- "I'm not gay! I'm not interested in my room mate!" he told himself, shaking his head furiously. He wasn't! He had liked girls his whole life. He could be bisexual, but he would've noticed that by now, right? He wasn't attracted to Calum. He wasn't.

Finally, he made up his mind. Rolling his chair past the divider, he peered over at his colleague. "Mia! I need your help."

Mia looked over at the blond man with wide brown eyes. She put down the iced coffee she had been sipping at and asked, "Yeah? What's up?"

"Do you think you could set me up on another blind date?"

Mia's curious face turned amused. "Oh?"

Luke was slighly amused by the her lack of words today. "Look, I- I'll explain later, but-"

Mia's eyes went wide all of a sudden. Jeez, even her eyes were expressive! "If you're looking for a one-night stand, you're better off at a bar. I know one, my friend goes there, and-"

"No, no, no!" Luke exclaimed, cutting her off. "I just- I'd like to- I just- I'm lonely?"

Mia seemed to have ignored his unsure tone, and nodded, her face turning back to amusement. "Okay, well, I'll see what I can do, okay?"

--------

"Uh, Luke, I know you've got a date to go on, but I- AGH!"

Luke's eyes widened at his roommate's yell and he quickly burst out of their room, looking over at where Calum was standing up on a chair, eyes wide as he looked towards something on the ground. "What happened?"

"I'm pretty sure we have a mouse in the house!"

Luke chuckled at the rhyme, and at the sight. He wouldn't have thought Calum would be the type to be scared of a little mouse. "Where did it go?" he asked, not even caring that his dress shirt was completely unbuttoned as he approached Calum.

"Under the fridge!" Calum squealed a little bit.

Luke stopped himself from rolling his eyes, but the fond smile made its way on his face subconsciously. He knelt down to peer under the fridge... But didn't see anything. He turned his head up towards Calum, who had gone pale with fear. "Are you sure there's a mouse? There's nothing under here..."

Calum's brown eyes were wide with fear. "Positive! Maybe it ran! Luke, we have to find it."

Luke bit at his lip ring. He had made Mia organise the date at the last minute and kinda felt bad for cancelling only an hour before they had to meet, but he didn't have a choice. He couldn't leave Calum in the state he was in. It would be better to just get the mouse and shoo it away, and then see if there was still time for the date.

So without a lot more thought, he pulled out his phone from his jeans and dialled the girl's number. She picked up after a couple of rings, a cheery "Hello?" coming from the other end.

"Hi, Sasha, it's Luke?" he chuckles nervously. "Um, about tonight... I've got a mouse situation in my apartment, and my roommate is deathly afraid of them. I've gotta catch this thing before he has a nervous breakdown. Could we push it back, or reschedule?"

To his surprise, she didn't seem to mind much. "Oh yeah, definitely. Best to catch it before anything bad happens. We can totally reschedule! Text me whenever you've got a moment, yeah?"

"Thanks so much, and I'm really sorry. I will text you soon."

"No worries, Luke. Good luck!"

"Thanks! Goodnight!" He hung up, and slid his phone back into his back pocket before looking under the fridge again. Still nothing.

"I'm sorry," came Calum's voice from above him. "I didn't- I'm sorry about your date."

Luke smiled at his roommate. "It's okay. She understood. And besides, I think I'll have a better time knowing there's no little mouse chewing at my bread while I sleep!"

Calum rolled his eyes amusedly, but smiled to show his gratitude. "Thank you, Luke. Now let's please catch this thing because I'd like to sleep soundly tonight!"

Luke just laughed as he got back to work, looking under the kitchen cabinets and shelves. The kitchen was tiny, really, but he could not find that darned thing. Until...

"There!" Calum practically shrieked, now kneeling on the chair with his hands wrapped around the knobs of the backrest, knuckles turning white. "Get it, Luke, get it!"

Luke lunged forward for the little thing that had scampered under the dining table, but it slipped out of his grasp. He crawled behind it, lunging again before it could get under the fridge - and missing it again. "Dammit!"

"Come on, Luke, you can do it!" Calum encouraged him. "I'd help, but..."

"It's alright," Luke huffed, out of breath. He then stood up and brushed off his jeans, and made his way to the counter to pour himself a glass of water. But of course, that was the exact moment that the little mouse decided to scamper across the floor again.

"Luke!"

"Mmm!" Luke answered, a mouthful of water as he quickly cupped his hands and reached for the mouse. He was expecting to have missed it again, but...

"I got it!" Luke announced as he swallowed the water, hands that were cupped around the tiny creature raised in victory.

"Thank god!" Calum exclaimed, getting off the chair finally. He stretched his legs a bit, as he had been kneeling for a while, then said, "Alright, let's go release this thing."

"Sure, lemme just- Oh."

"What?" Calum looked up from his flip flops to see Luke looking down at his unbuttoned shirt. "Oh, hold on, I'll get those."

The brunet walked back over to where Luke was and began buttoning up his shirt. As Calum's eyes focused on the buttons, Luke's eyes focused on Calum. He smiled softly, mostly for himself, as he watched Calum do his buttons.

"All done," Calum announced not a moment later, standing back straight. "Let's go!"

Luke put on his own flip flops and followed Calum out. He didn't say much as they walked, but did look at Calum a little more than what was generally deemed as friendly.

"You don't mind being this close to a mouse?" Luke teased as they walked through a park, moving his cupped hands closer to Calum, who jumped away.

"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!" he exclaimed, but that only served to throw Luke into a fit of giggles.

"Wow, what a dork!" he laughed, causing Calum to pout, light-hearted. "Okay, I'm gonna let this little dude go now."

"No, wait!" Calum cried, running to the closest park bench and sitting down on it, bringing his feet up close to him. "Okay, now you can!"

Luke laughed, turning around and lowering his hands to the grass. He opened them, and off went the mouse, scurrying away from the hands he had been trapped in for the past few minutes. Luke then turned around to see Calum tentatively getting off the bench, and just shook his head.

a/n: sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy packing, as my parents are moving a few states away and I'm moving to college! By the end of this month, I'll be back to regular updates :)

Thank you for reading xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 141 12
"When I bought rose quartz from you this wasn't what I was expecting." "The universe works in mysterious ways. It's taking you down the path you were...
423K 18.9K 20
The one where Calum adds 3 random numbers into a groupchat in an attempt to cure his boredom. Things don't quite go the way he expected.
374K 18.6K 46
He's never said a word... Until he met him. // cake (Calum Hood & Luke Hemmings) 11/15/14-5/29/15 (6/17/15)
46.3K 4K 34
𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 | ❝ i love you from a distance now and maybe that's all i was ever meant to do. ❞ lukehoodings, 2016