Dance With The Devil - A Seba...

By AoiAoiii

A dance with the devil, what is it like? Ciel Phantomhive, the young Earl who has been dancing in the hands o... More

《 Author's Note 》
♤ Chapter One ♤
♧ Chapter Two ♧
☆ Chapter Three ☆
♢ Chapter Four ♢
《 Author's Note 》
♡ Chapter Five ♡
♤ Chapter Six ♤
《 Author's Note 》
♧ Chapter Seven ♧
☆ Chapter Eight ☆
♡ Chapter Ten ♡
《 Author's Note 》
♤ Chapter Eleven ♤
♧ Chapter Twelve ♧
《 Author's Note 》

♢ Chapter Nine ♢

6.1K 204 343
By AoiAoiii

A/N: Oh. My. God. Thank you guys so much for the support! This is unbelievable..

Cheers to 4.53K reads and 204 votes! You are all extremely amazing people. Never forget that!

I am also very thankful to everyone who has saved my story into their reading list. I'm glad everyone likes this story!

I've finally finished all my major exams!! I will be waiting for results AND writing more for all of you!! I'm so hyped!

This chapter is a tad bit longer than usual! So, do take it as I'm making up to you guys for the extra long wait!! ><;;

Let's move on to Chapter Nine!!

* I do not own Kuroshitsuji / Black Butler / 黒執事 or any of the characters in it. *

[ Chapter Nine ]

[ Ciel's POV ]

" Isn't Mister Sebastian always by Young Master's side..? " Finny seemed surprised as he replied, trailing off with his words.

I fell silent and bit on my lower lip lightly. I know what's he's trying to say.. Indeed, that demon has been always by my side and Finny's just surprised why wouldn't I know Sebastian well.

If only I could tell the servants what Sebastian is..

" Aah, Young Master, I'm sorry for speaking like that! I was just- "

" It's okay, Finny. I was just thinking about something. Come, sit down and have a chat with me. " I walked over to the table in the garden and sat down comfortably on the chair.

Finny followed suit hurriedly, seeming all nervous and fidgety.

" Finny, I'm not going to eat you. " I chuckled, trying to lighten the tension within him. I had a glance over at Finny as he relaxed upon seeing me laugh.

" I'm not very curious as a person.. Therefore I do not really ask Sebastian much about himself. Won't you tell me what you think of him? "

Humorous. Saying that I'm not curious yet my words don't match up at all. What a liar I am..

" Mister Sebastian is a very kind person.. He's very compassionate too! But from what I see, you're always his priority.. " Finny started and I looked down at my hands. Am I his priority because I'm his dinner?

" Mister Sebastian always talks about you! Many times, he told me to keep the garden in good shape so you can enjoy it when you take walks in the garden! He also told me to take good care of the sterling silver roses here for you. He really cares for you, Young Master! " Finny broke out into a grin as I looked up, he seems happy for me.

Even he knows that my favourite flower is the sterling silver rose..

" You've done a great job, Finny. The flowers here are in good hands. " I complimented the blonde, watching his face light up like a child in a candy store.

[ Sebastian's POV ]

I watched quietly from the window, at the two males having a chat with one another.

It's not as though I can't hear what they're saying.. Finny's a good servant, it's very relieving that he puts the Young Master at priority as well.. Why, it's only natural for a Phantomhive servant to be worried about their master at all times, is it not?

Eavesdropping on my master, what a shallow demon I am, aren't I? Though this does help me in some ways in figuring what's on his mind.

This morning as well, he has been observing my features while I was ' asleep '. How adorable.

It puts a smile on my face to know he's intrigued and wants to know more about me. Though he's the kind to act like a tough brat he is and deny. Thinking about it amuses me already..

***

" Young Master, haven't you got anything to ask me? " I questioned softly, audible enough for the Young Master to hear while gazing at the little boy's head.

" What do you mean by that? " He questioned, still focusing on his book he's reading.

" Well, I believe you have alot of questions to ask me while observing my face this morning. " I brought up the matter, noticing that he stopped flipping the pages. His ears are also getting relatively red too.

" It does not seem as though I am wrong, though. " I teased, reaching out quietly and brushing his ear with one gloved finger.

" Aah! " He let out a sound, almost similar to a moan. He shivered at the sudden touch and slapped my hand away, covering his ear. That sounded extremely tempting..

" Don't do that! " He exclaimed, finally turning around to face me with that bashful look lingering on his face.

" Is there anything you'd like to ask then, My Lord? I am genuinely happy to know that you are so interested in me to the point you'd want to know more. " I smiled, stroking the boy's head gently.

" How do you even expect me to ask such embarassing things! " He retorted as he placed his book away. I tilted my head and looked at him in confusion.

" Why does the Young Master say it's embarassing? " I questioned once again. I am truly confused. Do humans think it's embarassing to want to know more about-.. Ah, I see. I get it.

" U-Uhm.. " I stifled a laugh as realisation finally hit me.

" W-What's so funny! Stop laughing! " I contained myself quickly. Though it is difficult to not tease this child. Oh, he certainly is a adorable child.. Isn't he?

" Young Master, " I started, moving to kneel in front of him. I held his hands in mine and kissed it lightly.

" Does the Young Master feel embarassed to ask because you believe we are lovers? " As I mentioned the word, his face became even redder. He fell silent and looked down at his hands rather than at me. I take that silence as a yes.

" Young Master, is it not natural to be curious about the one that you adore? " I brought a hand up to his face and caressed his cheek with my thumb, bringing his face up so he'd look at me.

I smiled at the child. He's ever so sweet, so adorable and so lovable. I do not regret falling in love with this child. Though it gets extremely worrying at times. As much as I adore him, I would hate to hurt him..

The child's lips formed a thin line as he shook his head lightly.

" Young Master, I adore you very much. I was so delighted to know you shared the same feelings as I did the other day. As for now, I'm more than happy to let you know more about me if you ever asked. I'm genuinely happy, Young Master. " I broke out in a huge smile just reminiscing about it.

" I-Isn't.. " I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the child start speaking.

" Young Master, do feel free to speak your mind. " I brushed the stray locks of hair away from his face while I spoke.

" ..I-Isn't it weird for two males to be together? " I blinked and kept silent for a few seconds. I chuckled afterwards at the child who just seemed even more embarassed having to ask that question, as though it was common sense and plain stupid.

" Young Master, in my realm, there is nothing weird about two males being together. Though, yes, it is considered weird in the human world. " I answered and the child looked at me, seeming in doubt.

" In my realm, we do not define love in terms of gender or age. We are allowed to be with anybody we want to. " I continued, not convincing the boy much. He's smart enough to figure that logic why..

" Is it because demons have eternal life and it would be alright even if they don't reproduce? Is that why it's more carefree over there? " I nodded my head in agreement. He's smart and quick, with just a sentence or two, he already understands part of the logic why. He'll understand the rest eventually.

" That's right. Humans are not immortals like us, Without reproduction, everyone would die of old age if not illnesses, wouldn't they? That's one reason why liking someone of the same gender is not deemed normal in this world. "

" ..And the other would be because it's downright disgusting. " The child lowered his gaze once again and bit on his lip. Matured would be the word to define this boy but in the end, all he is, really is just a child. Right?

" Do you want to know more about my family? " I switched the topic, in hopes to get him distracted from his own thoughts.

He still refused to bring his gaze back up but he nodded silently, fiddling with my gloved hands. He enjoys all these little physical contact just as much as I do..

" I have 8 other siblings. I'm the oldest. " I started, hoping to intrigue him into the new topic.

" You're really old, then. " He teased, trying not to break out in a smile.

" Indeed, I am old. Can I conclude that you prefer older men than younger ones? " I teased back and in return, I was given a punch to my chest.

" What about your parents? " Although he was clearly annoyed by my words, he was still curious to know more about me.

" My father is the Satan himself. My mother was stabbed by the Lævateinn and had died many many years ago. " I zoned out for a bit as I spoke of my late mother. She had been a wonderful mother and I loved her to bits..

I was only brought back to my senses when I felt the gentle caressing and the light squeezes on my hands. I looked at the boy and he had a melancholic look on his face. I suffer almost the same fate as this child did, just not quite.

" Do not make such a face, My Lord. I am not worthy of you making such a face like that at me. " How could I allow him to pity me like this? He should be worrying more about himself rather than me..

Although I may be a noble prince in my own realm, similar to a noble like him.. In this world, the human rules me until the contract ends.

[ Ciel's POV ] [ Meanwhile ]

Staring at his face, I was positive he was just as upset as I was.

I couldn't understand one thing, why would he not be worthy if we are lovers? Aren't, lovers equal? Or does he believe us being the roles of a master and a butler win over the idea of lovers?

Or is it a starving demon and his long-awaited meal?

Perhaps it's just me and my own wishful thinking. What am I doing? Falling in love with a demon and having that stupid, mere belief that he shares the same feelings too. Ciel Phantomhive, are you out of your mind? This demon is capable of anything! He may just ea-

" Young Master! " I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Sebastian calling me. I only then realised how hard I was breathing, in a mixture of anger and disappointment.

" What were you thinking? You're gripping on my hands quite tightly.. " I hurriedly loosened my grip, pushing his hands away. Why do I feel hurt for him when I clearly feel disappointed?

[ Third Person ]

Sebastian observed the child, Ciel seemed to have realised something.

" Young Mast- "

" Quiet! " The child definitely didn't seem a least bit pleased at all. Sebastian fell silent as he knitted his eyebrows in worry. Sebastian lowered his head. He truly believed that he has done nothing but upset the boy once again.

" Leave. Don't bother me. " The butler closed his eyes for a mere moment and let out a sigh. He stood up and fixed his attire.

" As you wish. " As formal as he used to be before, Sebastian excused himself and proceeded to leave the room.

***

Sebastian returned to his daily duties with a heavy heart. But even so, he managed to be on task and completed his duties.

Although the duo barely spoke to each other after the incident, both of them were worried sick about each other.

As a stubborn child like Ciel, he refused to strike a conversation or pay any extra attention to Sebastian when Sebastian was looking at him.

He knew Sebastian would be worried, but besides being stubborn, somewhere deep down in the child's heart, he wanted Sebastian to show him a little more concern.

Just like that, another day passed, without anything out of the ordinary going on.

***

[ Ciel's POV ]

Stupid butler, how long is he planning to keep quiet about his thoughts? Besides answering me as usual, all this while I swear I could feel his gaze searing a hole through me whenever he stayed quiet. He could've just said something instead of keeping quiet..

I sat on my bed and crossed my arms. Is he really going to keep this up and just stay quiet until I let him speak his mind again?

" Come in. " I answered, as soon as I heard a knock on the door. I looked away from Sebastian as he walked by my bed.

" Young Master, are you still sulking? " Finally, he spoke without needing me to ask him any questions. It's about time he started talking anyways, I know he wouldn't be able to stand for long, even though he's a capable demon.

" Who's sulking? " I retorted, yet I still refused to look at him. How childish can I get? But I wouldn't give in to him just like that, then that would be letting him off too easily!

" Young Master, are you still upset with me? " I felt Sebastian inch closer as his gloved hands made their way up to uncross my arms.

" Says who? " I still refused to look at Sebastian. Sebastian knelt on one knee by my bed and brought my hands up to his lips. As usual, I could feel my face heat up and flush. I hate that it's inevitable...

" I apologise sincerely, won't you forgive me for upsetting you, my love? " My eyes widened as the words escaped his lips. Just how embarassing can he get!

Still being as stubborn as I can be, I said and did nothing.

" Tell me, what must I do so that you'll forgive me? " He sat himself on the bed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me gently to his chest. He hummed against my hair and swayed lightly.

" My love, won't you please tell me what's wrong? " I flushed at his words. Is this his way to coax me into forgiving him? He's like a dejected dog now, isn't he?

" Shall I show you a magic trick? " Puzzled, I pulled away from his embrace and looked at him weirdly.

" I'm not a 3 year old! There's no such thing as magic.. " I retorted, rolling my eyes at Sebastian. Does he really think that a mere magic trick will work on me? Since when did he become so naive?

" Watch, " Sebastian proceeded to look as though he was taking something by his arm. There was nothing he was grabbing at, as what I was witnessing.

Sebastian then snapped his fingers and in an instant, a beautiful black feather appeared in his hands. Surely, he's not expecting me to be amazed or fascinated by such an illusion..?

" It's for you. " Sebastian passed me the feather, a warm smile spread across his lips. I retrieved the feather and observed it. I'm pretty sure that Sebastian wouldn't gift me a normal feather..

" ..Is this a feather from your wings? " I questioned, after a few moments. The feather was pitch black, the hairs smooth to the touch, just like his hair.. Seems like ravens do like to tidy themselves..

" It symbolises my promise to you that I will never hurt you. " I blinked lightly at the demon. I never knew he had such a side. So calm, so gentle..

" It's.. beautiful.. " I complimented. I held the feather gently and gazed at it. I broke out in a small smile, running my fingers lightly against the hairs of the feather.

" I'm glad you like it. " I looked at Sebastian and relief was written all over his face. He really has been brooding about the matter all this while, hasn't he?

I let out a small sigh as I proceeded to give a light kiss on his cheek. I looked away from Sebastian immediately. To do such a thing by my own will, it's really embarassing..

" My love.. I can never get enough of your affection. It would be wonderful to keep you up with me for the night, but you need to get some rest.. " Sebastian got up from the bed and tucked me into bed properly, his gloved hand brushing away the stray strands of hair over my face. He then placed a kiss on my forehead, seeming satisfied.

" Good Night, my love. Have a good rest. " Sebastian gently stroked my head, before making his way out of the room. I looked at the feather still in my hand, I would love to keep it close to me while I sleep.

But I wouldn't want to damage it either.. I placed the feather on the nightstand by my bed, right by all my usual accessories.

A promise that he'll never hurt me, huh?

[ Sebastian's POV ]

As I closed the door, I headed back to my own room. It is certainly delightful that my Young Master is feeling much better after a little coaxing..

He's so irresistible, I wouldn't be able to hold myself back if I were to stay in his room and look at him for another moment.

With that feather he now holds on to, not only will I keep to my promise, but it is also a symbol that he is mine, that he belongs to me.

Now no other demons will be able to snatch him from me..

***

A/N: Alright!! That will be it for Chapter Nine! What a pity, this story will end in a few more chapters.. Maybe not. I'm pretty unsure how to gauge it. But it will end soon!

Even though this story may end soon, I really had a ton of fun writing this for all of you readers!! I'm so very very thankful for the support and I do look forward to my next work!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

- Aoi ♡

Toodles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736 18 17
A new letter arrives from the Queen to the Earl Phantomhive. As ordered by the Queen, Ciel Phantomhive along with his demonic butler Sebastian starts...
78.9K 2.9K 15
Sebastian Michealis is a demon, and demons aren't supposed to fall in love. That is, until he falls for his master, Ciel Phantomhive. Sebastian fears...
107K 2.9K 18
(IN EDITING) ~A job in the Phantomhive Mansion? Sure. Romance with the Young Master? Definitely.~ Completed. Book Cover created by me but pictures th...
2.6K 81 10
What happens when a young demon happens to meet Ciel Phantomhive? She meets his demonic butler of course. What happens when she meets him? Find out!