Sealed with A Curse ✔️

By ImperfectGal7102

Typical good girl, Delilah, and typical bad boy, Diego, meet at unexpected events where they have to help eac... More

Prologue
1 : The Big Oak Tree
2 : Criminal Neighbour
3 : Summer Funk Party
4 : Embarrasment
5 : New Home
6 : Drunk with drugs ?
7 : Hangover And A Wallet
9 : Proposal
10: Disappeared
11: Meningioma
12: Wedding Spies
13: Secret messages
14: Henna
15: Drunk
16: "Then Come Reside On My Left Side"
17: Headache
18: Forgiveness
Author's note
Covers

8 : Name Of The Deceased?

855 35 7
By ImperfectGal7102

~~Delilah's POV ~~

Diego and I were divided by frosted glass doors adorned with gold. As I stepped inside with one of the stylist's assistant I saw the most busiest salon, I have ever seen.

"Wow." I whispered under my breath.

It wasn't just a salon, it was a fashion house, store, dealer and all at once but one thing was for certain, it was all to do with fashion and style. In one corner, a smiling dressed assistant was measuring the neckline of a mannequin and next to her was another girl who was sketching some beautifully styled clothing. Near the window, was a girl collecting some beautiful jewellery from a mint blue bag. I squinted my eyes and noticed the words, Tiffany & Co. I wonder where the hell they get these things. But I didn't care because all I wanted was to look beautiful.

"It is beautiful, no?" The girl who was leading me had said in a strong Spanish accent. She had light blonde hair and fair skin with deep blue eyes like mine. I sat on the comfy salon chair and waited for the transformation that awaited me.

The stylist, I think his name was Charlie, skidded across the hall to me making me smile. "Oh, what a beautiful specimen here. I have the right things to transform you into the most beautiful woman in the universe!" He loosened my braid and brushed through it. After it was brushed, along came the curlers and the hair colours.

After I had finished, I was a completely different person. But a little too European. I had my same brown hair but with slight highlights done to the roots. They have shampooed it so much that it felt softer than a rabbit's ears. "Champagne, Chestnut and A whole lot of care!" Charlie whispered, i wondered what he meant till he touched my hair again.

A wonderful way to describe it, I thought.

When I got up from my seat, Charlie wore a disgusting look on his face. "Ohh, darling, we must do something with that hideous attire of yours." He sped away again bringing skirts and shorts and jeans galore. I decided to try on a black skirt with black pumps and a white silk blouse. I have never worn heels in my life and I just stumbled my way to the door to show Diego whether it was right, or wrong for me. 

When I opened the door, Diego jumped from his peaceful sleep and looked at me. Then he blinked twice and stared at me with his mouth slightly ajar. "You... You look...awesome?" I don't think he has ever complimented a girl properly because he only needed body energy to amuse her, I thought so I just forced a half smile.

Just then, Charlie sped over to Diego's angle and looked at me thoughtfully. "Um, it doesn't suit her that well, I have a couple irresistible designs for an irresistible girl like her, though."

I gave a small frown and little did I know, in the next 3 seconds, I'll be on the floor with a hurting bottom. That was when Charlie clapped his hands thrice to announce two girls to help me up, but before they could arrive, Inder was already by my side, slipped my shoes off before I got up. "Don't wear these again. If you want to look tall, get some shorter and easier ones, ok?" He held my hand with his warm hands and held me up till we were so close, our bodies were touching.

My heart was beating so hard and so fast, the whole world could hear it. Inder slowly leaned in, with his arms still clutching mine, The craving to kiss him was unbearable but I just couldn't kiss him so I leaned back and let go of his hands. What was wrong with me?

"Let's see the other clothes, then." I said but Diego looked upset, disappointed even. He nodded and went back to the steps. I wonder why he acted so weirdly because it can't be possible that he could even like a person like me.

I went back and changed into something a little more like my style, with a dash of sophistication.

My long brushed hair was loose but one end was pinned back with a golden clip that was encrusted with rubies and diamonds.It was a definite dupe, however. I wore simple sapphire earrings.  My nails were clean and manicured so I clutched my long white silk dress that flowed at an angle towards my knees with a simple halter neckline. My shoes were white court shoes that weren't difficult to balance on, to my relief.

"Wow." Inder whispered when he saw me. His eyes were wide in amusement. I was surprised at his reaction so I'm pretty sure I became tomato red. "No one shall call you an ugly frump again." I looked at his with a questioning expression.

"I-I mean, you still looked good-without-I mean." I giggled at his nervousness but then frowned because it was a full-on girly girl giggle! But I just couldn't help it because I think it's very rare to see Diego nervous, especially with a girl.

Inder chuckled as I fiddled with my new clothes. Yep, I'm a watermelon, nice to meet you too! Why did I giggle like that?!

Charlie came out and looked at me. When he saw his own finished work he jumped in excitement. "Ooh, yes! Bellissimo! You look like a darling angel! Ooh, yes! I've made you into a masterpiece!"

I smiled at his little Italian imitation. It's so romantic when someone, more close to my age, uses these words. It's true that most girl swoon over accents and mixed languages.

"Come, come!" Charlie held my arm and led me back into the room for some finishing touches, leaving Inder behind the closed doors once again.

~~Diego's POV~~

She was really pretty, there is no lie in that statement. Charlie really did make a masterpiece. The clothes fitted her so perfectly. But the only thing that will make the other boys knock on her door, is her amazing personality, which I hope is what they look for beside all her looks.

Charlie cam back and handed me all kinds of bags stuffed with clothing and tissue paper. Little did I know that all those clothing were from top brands, GUESS, Tiffany & Co. , Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Burberry, Valentino, M.A.C ! Do girls really need this much stuff?

Shortly after, Saru came from the large-warehouse-room-like-thing with a big smile on her face. "What's all this?" I looked back at the bags and looked back at her. "Yeah, Charlie gave these to you for other days like for work and stuff." She nodded and grabbed some of the bags.

We went outside and saw a sleek black S-Class Mercedes. My mouth was agape. "Wha--?"

"Oh yeah, Charlie gave me this as a gift and it came with a driver as well!" I looked at her in shock, it seemed as if she had memorized it.

I noticed daylight had already taken over the night. I looked at the watch Charlie had given to Saru and read that it was already 6 am. How long were we here? The driver came and opened the door for us. "Mr. Paladino and Miss Parthasaarthy ?" We both nodded at the same time and got into the vehicle.

Saru told the driver to go over to the apartment block. I kept my hand on her cold fingers. "Are you sure about this?" She nodded and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I hope they will like the new me. Haven't I changed?"

No glasses and slightly different hair colour, hell yeah! "Yep."

We drove in silence till we arrived at the block. I left the bags in the car and helped her out. She looked at the building longingly for the reassuring she needed from her parents. I took in a long breath and released it slowly before we both headed over to the lift and press the button to the floor above mine.

She gave her best smile and smoothed the creases on her dress before the doors opened to reveal the door, the door that she came out every morning and back in every afternoon till that day. I stood behind her when she looked at the little window on the door. She didn't open it. She just stood there and stared. She slowly took a couple steps back and ran back to the lift crying.

 I wondered why, what made her so upset?

I looked through the window and looked at something that every parent should be ashamed of doing. There was a picture of Saru with a marigold garland over it. Everyone was in black and gathered around some I felt like smashing the door when I heard the words.

"Name of the deceased?"

The father replied. "Delilah."

I punched the wall and ran away down the stairs before I created some more damage in the apartm t block. I had so much anger boiled up inside me but it was replaced with sorrow when I saw Saru sobbing while leaning against the car. She told me her head was hurting badly, and I can understand. She couldn't stop crying.

"I completely forgot how disappointing, parents can be." I looked back at the apartment. I grab her arms. "What will you do now Delilah? Huh?"

She chocked on her tears and wiped her face. "I-I'm not some loser that will give up! I will go to the office as this new Delilah. When someone compliments me, I'll say thank you."

She points to her face. "I won't waste this pretty face you gave me." I couldn't help but give a small smile.

"When a suitable boy falls for this pretty face and says 'Marry me, Delilah' , I'll say 'Yes, please'". 

Somehow, I felt a weird feeling inside of me, that I let go of her arms. Then she turns around to face the house. "I will come and meet dad." She choked again. "And he'll take down that photo. He'll hug me... And say... 'Bless you. May you have a long life."

 And she broke down again.

~~Delilah's POV ~~

I'm not a loser, I'm a strong person. So that very day, the same day, I went home and changed for work. I wore a high ponytail and some light coral pink lip balm. I matched it with a cute grey top and a printed jacket along with some heels and a pair of high waisted flared jeans. I got out from the taxi and walked in.

I went inside the library and took a seat. I had to force a smile when I heard the whispers from the girls and the whistles from the boys so I kept my head held up high for a new life that awaits me. I went for lunch at the cafeteria with a terrible headache and a fever.

When I swallowed the first pill, I heard a familiar voice.

"Delilah? Are you not feeling well?"

I got a shock so I got up and turned around. I hope Theo couldn't see my red eyes so I looked down without replying.

"So what's the motivation behind this mind-blowing makeover?"Theo  walked closer to me making me blush madly. I just laughed and gathered my things. "Nothing."

"Come on, you can tell me."

I looked up at him. "So I could trap some IIT IIM person to marry me, so my father will forgive me for going into a criminal's room at 3 in the morning."

He seemed very surprised and I felt even more embarrassed. Why did I tell him? "Bye." So I ran away back home to avoid all the drama, because the flu's getting to me.

A couple of days later, Diego came over, to my relief. He seemed a little upset, and I had wondered why. He always acts weird around me all of a sudden. I noticed fiddle around with my medications. I needed to buy some because the headache wouldn't go away.

"Why didn't you tell me you had the flu?" I looked up at him as I gathered the books from my bed.

"It's just a viral flu, nothing to worry about."

"That party boy came to library looking for you."

I walked over to him and our eyes met. "What do you mean?"

"That...Theo ...what's his name?" I notice him hesitate on purpose. He seemed very uncomfortable.

"Bridges." I said quietly.

"Yes. He didn't have your number."

I looked at him and nodded. "No," and under my breath I whispered. "Thank God!"

"Why? Is he bothering you?"

"No!"

He looked at me, his head slightly tilted.

"He isn't."

Before answering any more of his questions, I rushed out to the balcony.

He walked up casually eating a packet of M&M's. "Then why are you avoiding him?" He was so getting on my nerves so I just ignored me. Just leave me alone! "Why are you avoiding him?"

I sighed. "Because whenever I open my mouth in front of him... I blabber something idiotic! Don't ask why!"

"Why? He nodded at me as he clutched a file.

"You got a job didn't you?" I said, changing the subject.

"What?"

"That file, you got a job, right?" I held my hand out to him. "Congrats!" He didn't seem very excited about it and that confused me.

"This is not a résumé for my work! This is a list of IIT IIM boys!" Even though his voice was quiet, he seemed very upset. "I'm sure you'll like one of them." 

He had calmed himself down.

What now?

_____________________________________________________

Hi my dearest readers!

How's that for a cliffhanger?

Audience: Boo!

Me: yeah, I know, but I didn't know how to end it.

This was such an emotional chapter for me to write. I might edit the chapter to make it even more emotional and I hope that it was for you too.

QOTD: what is your impression of Charlie (in one word)?

Vote and comment because {I love you, you love me, we're a happy family}!

Lots of love from me!

~ Imperfect Perfectionist ~

_____________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 266 28
"Who said I'm not enjoying? Pero, these one-night flings are not my thing. If I want someone, I want her for myself, and she will be mine." ADRIAN "I...
250 2 57
Two boys, Ben and Zach.....are best friends since childhood. One is kindness, other is mischief. Yet, their naive, innocent, childish yet pure friend...
138K 12.5K 13
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...