My Brothers Best Friend is My...

By abbsg77

Kayla Palacio, is your average teenager/she-wolf who is waiting patiently for her mate. Her brother, Harley... More

My Brother's Best Friend is My Mate?
Chapter 1 | new beginnings
Chapter 2 | goodnight princess
Chapter 3 | mate or no mate?
Chapter 4 | say you're sorry
Chapter 5 | love your enemies
↠Intro↞
Chapter 6 | my hero?
Chapter 7 | do you wanna know a secret?
Chapter 8 | gotcha
Chapter 10 | in-body sauna?
↠intro 2↞
Chapter 12 | i love you
sorry...not an update
Chapter 13 | tell me now
Chapter 15 | uninvited guests
a/n
im back

Chapter 14 | Surprise?

7.6K 232 46
By abbsg77

not edited // sorry i've been inactive. i was camping and there was no wifi, also i start school in a week :( thank you guys for 8K+! xx // song: closer by the chainsmokers ft. halsey. fricken goals. 

{ B R A D E N }

All I see is red. 

Everyone backs out of my way and I bound toward the bedroom, where Kayla should still be. I bound into our room, and she is sitting on the bed reading a magazine. She gets up as I come bounding in, looking alarmed. 

"Wha-what did I do?" She stammers, looking anywhere but me. I pull her closer and breathe in her scent which is already calming my wolf down. 

We must protect mate. My wolf chants in my head. I roll my eyes at him. Kayla looks up at me. I stare back down at her. She wants to play this game? Harley and I swore to not tell Kayla about Jackson, or else she will freak, hit both of us or  will run away from us. 

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry for eating your cookies. There were just sitting on the counter and they looked so good-" She wailed, freeing from my grasp rambling to herself. I chuckled. That wasn't what I was mad about, but I wasn't about to tell her that either. 

"Oh so it was you who ate my cookies!" I playfully scold her, "I yelled at Harley because I thought it was him." She narrowed her eyes at me, huffed a breath and stalked out of the room. 

I was standing in our room, confused by her sudden mood swings, but brushed it off and went to find Harley about more pack business. 

Harley turned around when I entered the room, and breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Thank God, we thought you disappeared." 

I composed myself and sat down in my desk chair, and folded my arms over my chest. 

"Let's get down to business." 

•_•

{ K A Y L A }

This can't be happening. 

Lisa and I are currently sitting on the floor of the bathroom of Braden and I's bedroom. 

With pregnancy tests surrounding us. 

How we got here? I don't even remember anymore.

Flashback to about an hour ago.

"You okay there, Kayla?" I turn around from stuffing my face in ice cream to see Lisa looking at me a little cautiously. I smile at her with ice cream in my mouth. I set the ice cream on the table and clean up after myself. "Honestly Lisa, I really don't whats up with me lately." I respond, turning around to look at her. "I might have an idea." 

"Lisa, I promise you I'm not pregnant." I try persuading her. She shrugs her shoulders as if saying I'm not going to get out of this. 

After we are waiting for the results, Lisa comes and sits beside me with our backs to the jacuzzi we have. "Kayla," Lisa says softly, "It's ok if you're pregnant. It's great. Ah screw it, its a magical thing that not a lot of people cannot have." I sigh. "You're right. But how am I going to break the news to Braden? I'm not even sure he wants a pup right now." I say sadly. 

"Well now it's time to know." 

I close my eyes, and had Lisa read it out loud to me. When I was met with silence I open my eyes and look over at Lisa. 

She looks up at me and the next words I couldn't believe. 

Positive. 

•_•

I sat on our bed, waiting for Braden to come up so we could sleep since we barely saw each other this whole day. When I could smell him and that he was coming upstairs, suddenly I was craving some of those spicy Cheetos with peanut butter. I was playing with them hem of my sweater, when Braden walked in with a smile on his face which was soon replaced with worry when he saw I looked worried. 

"Princess, whats the matter?" He says, crouching down in front of me on the floor. I silently pat the spot next to me, and he got up and sat next to me. I took a deep breath, and turned to face him. 

Lisa and I have been thinking of plans to tell Braden, and Lisa wanted to go extravagant but I didn't want big and she chose the 'bigger is better' to use in the argument. I eventually came up with an idea but didn't tell Lisa. She pouted and stomped her foot because I wouldn't tell her how I was doing it. 

To get her to talk to me again, I promised her that she could plan the baby reveal for Braden and his family, Harley and Eric. 

Braden tried to figure out with why I was so quiet. I took his hand, and looked up at him. His eyes were filled with concern, worry and confusion. I then placed his hand on my stomach and watched his reactions. 

He looked at me weird then everything clicked. 

He smiled and lifted me up in the air, earning a squeal from me. His eyes widened in horror and quickly put me down. "Oh my god, did I just hurt you or the baby? Does anything hurt?" He keeps rambling questions, mostly to himself, and then looks over at me who is trying not to laugh at his behavior. 

He picked me up one more time, but a little more gently, and then placed me on the bed and went to change his clothes. He came back and laid by me, rubbing his hand over my stomach. 

"You didn't hurt me or the baby." I softly whisper, turning my head so I can see him better since he is laying on his side and I'm laying on my back. He looks at me questionably. "I'm only a few weeks in, so nothing would have happened I think." 

He then surprises me by talking to our little person. "Hey there buddy. Mommy and I here are having an argument on what gender you are. You have to tell her you are girl and you are going to be a daddy's girl, okay? Can you do that for me?" He asks me, or mostly stomach by rubbing soothing circles. 

Braden and I even bet money on the gender. Oh what parents we are going to be. 

I stiffened at the thought. 

Parents. 

I haven't had parents for years. Only Harley. Although I feel like there was someone else in the picture, I don't really remember who. 

"Princess, what are you thinking about now?" He murmured in my ear. "I'm just thinking." I whispered softly. Braden looked at me for a moment, like he was studying me which he loves to do. "You're worrying about being a parent, are you?" He questions. I frown at him, which just earns me a smug grin in response as if saying HA I GUESSED YOU RIGHT. 

I roll my eyes at his behavior, before he sobers up and turns serious again. "There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Honestly, I know nothing about kids but I promise you we will figure this out together." I kiss his lips softly as his response helped me a bit. He tries to go further before I pull away. 

"I'm tired. Get some sleep." I turn on my side and put my hand on my stomach and smiling to myself. I hear groaning behind me, before Braden gets up and turns the lights off, and then comes back into bed and wraps his arms around me and just like me, places his hand on my stomach. 

He kisses my neck. "Good night Princess." 

•_•

---------------------------------------

IM BACK BITCHES!!! sorry it took a while. Im on a sports team, and this week is my last week of summer so cut me some slack. This chapter is a cute one in a #Braylen kind of way. :) sorry its kinda short, my computer is being blah and im gonna bring it away to get fixed soon. 

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

twitter: abbsgoo77

---------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.1K 15
Aubrey Edwards is a seventeen year old werewolf. Her father is the Beta of her pack. Drake Evans is a eighteen year old werewolf. His father is the A...
129K 4.6K 39
skylar is a kind and loving girl. she is outgoing and loves to have a laugh. Her best friends are precious (the twins mate) and aria (beta Jacob's si...
102K 2.7K 45
River Santiago daughter of the alpha of the Grayston pack. just turned 18. and is able to find her mate. Lowell Morgan. the current alpha the most f...
382 17 27
Aurora is a young werewolf just waiting for her mate like most other shewolfs. What happens as highschool starts and hormones rage in her group of fr...