Sweet Surrender (Complete)

By HIndia150

(Mature Content) In eight years since their heart-wrenching breakup, a lot has changed for Radhika Verma. She... More

Sweet Surrender
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Epilogue *Smexy*
Wicked Surrender (Soon)

Chapter 25

89.4K 1.8K 103
By HIndia150

Radhika was shocked and confused, she couldn't understand, Ethan - His business partner.

What the hell was happening? Why wasn’t she kept in a loop? Was she hallucinating? She pinched herself to be completely sure,… she was in her senses.

"What..?" She frowned at Arjun, her eyes fixed at Ethan.

Arjun smiled as he looked at Ethan, he took his arm off Radhika's shoulders and walked towards Ethan, “Well, it's a long story."

Radhika tilted her head and glared from Ethan to Arjun," I am sure, I have the time."

Arjun gave her a conciliatory smile hoping to melt her, “Don’t fire at me, I have an explanation."

Radhika let out an angry breath and pierced Ethan with a glare, “explain."

"Let me start, you can take over when I tire out," Ethan winked at Arjun while Radhika took a furious step forward.

"Carry on, will you, before she eats us up," Arjun chimed gallantly.

Radhika rolled her eyes, “can we be serious here for a change."

Ethan put on a somberly facial expression, he wasn't averse to being serious but they had to joke about the precarious situation especially since it had tumbled unexpectedly and totally out of control.

"Arjun and I, we started off being classical business rivals, we booted at each other, bared our fangs, cut each other’s deals. You name it we did it, it wasn't just a competitive thirst," he looked at Arjun and smiled, “what can I say I hated his handsome face."

Arjun laughed loudly, “Why thank you, Ethan. Knowing that has cleared my conscience, now I can die a happy man."

Radhika simply looked at the two men, at their companionable relationship, this was the first time she realized they weren't just partners but friends, who respected and adored each other. It was confusing to her, what was happening? These two men who she had thought to be enemies were now joking and standing in front of her as if they were best of friends.

She blinked. She had to retain her focus if she wanted to learn the story.

"Then one fine morning, I saw him sitting in a hotel lobby, my decision to join him that day could be heralded to be a colossal choice," Ethan continued, smugness seeping in his voice.

"Hey, unfair, that's undeserved credit," Arjun blurted out and had every intention to add his own opinion but Radhika's scowl shut him up for good. He mumbled a half -hearted sorry.

Arjun joked to lighten the tense atmosphere, he knew it must be puzzling for Radhika, but he had not hidden things from her because he didn’t trust her but because he was scared of her safety. After all, he couldn’t just put his love in danger, in the line of fire. He hoped and prayed she would understand that when the shock that had temporarily shut off her system faded, he was sure accusations would be made, and he did have the explanations, but knowing her, her ego, it would be a humongous task to make her understand his point of view.  

"So," Radhika crossed her arms around her chest and focused her gaze on Ethan.

"So, once we started talking we completely surprisingly hit it off, he shared with me his views for the blending of blend 90% of gasoline with ethanol and to my utter amazement, I had been thinking on the same lines."

Arjun shook his head," We butted heads, disagreeing continuously on some fact or the other, in the end we were able to achieve what he had set out to. Right now, in the meeting I am offering blend 90% of gasoline with ethanol but Ethan and I, we have been able to invent 100% gasoline with ethanol in the normal, regular vehicles," Arjun trailed off, his voice resounding his reflections, as he went quiet to let Radhika process what he had just told her.

"This is a monumental achievement, do you realize what that means, how it will completely change the world power," Radhika looked at them in astonishment. Though, she had imagined to be a purpose of Arjun but to know that such a discovery had already been done was too monumental, not to be fretted on.

Radhika knew what it meant to have such a big accomplishment. What it would mean for the world dynamics, for the Oil power play, the players would change, the game would change its entire dynamics. It was something that everyone had been waiting for. Yes, advancements in this direction had been made, no doubt about it, there were cars running on rechargeable battery, talks about hydrogen fuel with water as its exhaust component but nothing this grand till now had been heard. Rest were all on experimental basis, either they required special vehicles which was beyond the purchasing capacity of general public, bringing in a fuel that could work well in normal vehicles would transform the world economy. These two men would go down in history as revolutionaries, who had guts enough to usher in something beneficial and new.

"Yes, it will change the way the world views oil," Arjun said acknowledging the appreciation that he could hear in Radhika's tone.

Radhika felt excited as a young child going on his first trip to Disneyland, she was a part of something that big, wow, she raised her hand," Question?!"

Arjun nodded," I know your question, why didn't we straightaway announce it, why did I decide to go all alone with a mere offering of 90% blend?"

Radhika looked at him, meeting his eyes, said," yes."

Her heart jolted in her ribs as he heard his impassioned voice. Of course, she couldn’t understand it, it would have been wiser to go all out. To declare from a high pedestal what they had been able to invent. That would have been glorious and would have certainly charmed the world.

"Heard of the man, Bill Maxwell?" Ethan asked.

Radhika frowned as she took two steps back to lean on to the wall,"Wasn't he the Oil baron, filthy rich, disappeared five years back, the police never found his body, but everyone thinks him to be dead."

Arjun turned away from her, his eyes fixed on a stain on the wall, “Yes, that's him. He founded 80% gasoline blended ethanol, the day he had to announce his triumph; he disappeared, in a similar conference without evidence."

Ethan spoke, “We worked relentlessly on this project, we searched, hired an investigator, pegged on hints to find a trace, anything that would tell us about his disappearance."

"And..." Radhika asked her heart beating furiously in her heart.

Arjun stepped closer to her and ran his knuckles down her cheek while gazing in her eyes, “We hit on a name, the man who was last seen with him, of course, we can prove nothing but we know he was somehow involved, we had to check."

Radhika felt familiar tingles run up her spine, she had long accepted she would never be immune to his touch, “Who?" She whispered.

Arjun looked at her and linked their fingers, “Think who is set to lose the most if our plan sets off, it will no doubt create an uproar in the market, it will burst all illusions related to non- renewable resources, the pro-environment community will have a field day."

She did not even want to imagine the magnitude of success this invention guaranteed but there was also a down side to it, there would be many losers, people whose not only prestige but also power would diminish. Oil was power, it gained people friendships with the best, and they ruled the economy. It was much more than a status symbol.

"This man will be a finished man, no longer powerful, nothing," Ethan added.

Arjun looked at Radhika and in a clear voice said, “Charles Marthy."

"The president of the Oil Consortium," Ethan's voice echoed, as he started pacing the small space, “I saw him sitting comfortably, having breakfast while you were under attack and..." He looked and Arjun and gave him a wicked smile.

"And?" Arjun angled himself to face him.

"I have him on video barking orders to take you down, we have nailed him," Ethan said smugly as he hauled out his mobile to show them the said video.

Arjun slapped his back as his eyes twinkled with retribution, “Let’s take him down."

They stood their discussing the pros and cons of their plan which was stimulated heavily by Radhika's idea.

It wasn’t easy, they had to decide how to take him down, and there ensued a heated debate between the three over direct and indirect confrontation. While, Arjun and Radhika were of the view that direct clash was the best approach as that would enable them to lay their points on the table without censoring their thoughts. Afterall, they had no evidence that Charles Marthy was behind the disappearance of Bill Maxwell, except for the video they had no proof. And, a face to face talk would also ensure his strong support for the passage of the bill.

While, Ethan projected for the taking him during the meeting, he wanted an explosion, he didn’t want them to be lenient. He mused they could put in more of weight if they flew on him together in front of all and sundry, that would enable them to completely finish him off.

In the end, it was decided to go in for a face off.  As Radhika laid down the fine points with respect to the ‘defamation’ case that could be labeled against them in lieu of presenting facts, without any solid evidence for back up. Her analytical mind, also resounded a man of his stature could do anything and it would be smartness and not cowardice as labeled by Ethan to get the answers, they had to get him involved via dialogue and if that failed, the next option would be handling him in a full-fledged conference.

Radhika sat down on the floor and made a detailed plan, supported by backups and contingencies. They were going all out. This was not for them, not for profit, not for charity; this was a revolution, and they were the fighters.

She assembled the characters and discussed the strategy, impressing Arjun and Ethan. And when Ethan glanced at Arjun, showing his awe at her professionalism, Arjun had merely indicated, she was his. Rdahika realized they had to be ready for all kind of repercussions, this would be live, it would have to be a command performance, without any bottlenecks, any situation that could take place, they had to have an alternative to it. They would get one shot at it, either they would make it or break it.

Arjun in a baffling moment, lost control and hugged Radhika," That is a fantastic idea, no wonder I adore you so." While Radhika cleared her throat and wriggled free out of his embrace, commanding her fluttering nerves to settle down and not embarrass her further.

Ethan merely laughed, “No wonder you are crazy about her, she is adorable."

Arjun laughed and put his arms around her shoulders, “Isn’t she," before she could rebuke him, he leaned down and quickly kissed her lips.

She ignored the pleasant tingling sensation on her lips where his soft lips had touched her.

Radhika was still reeling from all the information; she couldn't take Arjun's flirting, not now when her head was completely spinning. She had learned so much in such a short span of time. Till now, she had been worried over the assassination attempt on Arjun’s life and was still settling her heart from his magnificent love making. Ethan’s entrance and ensuing discussion had hit her with a wham!

"Arjun, don't," Radhika warned him raising her hand and pushing him away from her. When in reality she wanted him near her, she felt safe in his warmth, wanted when he touched her. But she knew she had to be strong else she would never be able to stand up once he left her; she wouldn’t sway away with these feelings. She would fight back and right now, they had more pressing issues, personal feelings, emotions, had all but taken a back seat.

"Feisty, you have met your match," Ethan chimed making Radhika snort.

"Unlikely," Radhika retorted without missing a beat as she walked in front of them out of the tower, to put their plan in place, “You know I don’t get one thing, why choose me? Why take UN's help?"

Arjun ruffled her hair, sportingly bracing her seared look," UN provides the authenticity and value to the project."

She accepted that. She had seen that countless times, sponsors were willing to plough in their money if they realized it had the stamp of the UN. UN wasn’t just an organization; it was more of an tradition that had made its name, a name that symbolized; perfection, maturity, security and legitimacy.

"And," Ethan smiled knowing well he would be kicked in the ass for his next comment but it would be worth it, “because Arjun wanted to pursue you."

Arjun hit him on his head, “You idiot."

Radhika stopped on the stairs and said in a cool, crisp voice, “You’re going to have it from me."

To think that he had hunted her...her..Oh! Just wait, Arjun. Once this gets over, I will kill you, Radhika vowed heartily and scolded her heart for flapping madly, so what if he had come down especially to pursue her, so what....it definitely wasn't flattering..not at all. But, she felt too giddy. How could she not, it was one thing to simply be on the same team on account of coincidence and entirely different to be chased into one. It made her feel special.

Radhika suppressed a smile that threatened to pass to her lips, pasting a false scowl instead, she turned giving Arjun a cold shoulder and focused entirely on Ethan.

Arjun wasn’t the one to let her go away that easily; he bumped his shoulders with her," So, all that ‘keep away from Ethan’," she mimicked his voice to near perfection," all those jealous emotions was just acting?"

Ethan took her hand in his, gave a mischievous smile and ignored Arjun's frantic shaking head," He had no reason to be jealous."

"Excuse me," Radhika could feel herself riling up, did he mean he wasn't attracted to her at all. Could he insult her more? Who the hell did he think he was? She would kill him, strangle him or better hang him from the clock tower.

Ethan smiled as he saw Arjun taking two steps away from her, shook his head, “You’re gorgeous, but alas, I don't bat for the same team."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 787 14
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
53.8K 2.4K 36
#1 in wattpad hits........... Arjun Singh a richest business man whose first priority is his family...... His life always starts only with his brothe...
260K 11.9K 38
Highest ranking: #4 in Indian; #7 in General Fiction; #7 in politics. •2nd place category winner of The Stellar Awards, 2018. •1st place winner of Wo...
1.1M 24.2K 29
{Previous title: Unexpected CRASH Of My Life} 'A Dark Tale As Old as Romance' BEAUTY and The BEAST [Dark Romance 18+] "You are an ANIMAL", These wor...