Love Is Not Just A Verb (A Ke...

By chocolate_thundaah

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth is a 15 year old student at Centennial High School trying to get his rap career goin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 10

1.4K 50 17
By chocolate_thundaah

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Kendrick's POV

I sat there, freaking out. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!! WHAT THE F*CK!! WHAT'S HAPPENING! JESUS CHRIST!!"

Jay and Ab tried to pin me down. "Calm down, nigga!" Jay yelled.

"CALM DOWN?!" I yelled back at him. I stared him right in the eyes. "NIGGA, THERE IS FOAM COMIN' OUT OF MY MOUTH!! THE F*CK YOU MEAN, 'CALM DOWN'?!" I was jumping out of my seat trying to free myself from Ab and Jay's grip. By then, everyone was crowding around us trying to find out what was happening. Q, high as f*ck, just sat and laughed at me. I was pissed the f*ck off.

Yn and Kaelynn came rushing through the crowd to get to me. Yn looked panicked and concerned. "Kendrick!! Kendrick, are you ok?!" she asked, on the verge of crying.

"NO, I'M NOT OK!!" I yelled as foamy white discharge came running down my chin. I was scared as f*ck. I didn't know what was happening. I couldn't tell what was gonna happen. Looking back, the feelings I was having at that moment seem really stupid. But the struggle was real. The stress was real. The veins popping out of my neck and arms were real.

Roscoe came through the crowd with a glass bottle in one hand and some paper towel in the other. There was no label on the bottle, but it had a clear liquid inside of it. When he got to me, Q took the bottle out of Roscoe's hand and drank some.

"Nigga, pass Dot the bottle. Dayum," Roscoe said sternly. "You ain't the one that got f*cked up." Q just stared at him, still drinking slowly from the bottle. Roscoe continued, "Niggas always tryna act unsensitive and sh*t."

"Nigga that ain't no word," Q said.

"Nigga, shut up!" Roscoe snapped at him with a dirty look. He grabbed the half empty bottle out of Q's hand. Then he turned and knelt down beside me. "Dot, you good, my nigga?" He wiped the foam away from my mouth with the paper towel the best he could and then said, "Don't even trip, just lay back and drink that." He handed me the bottle and I did as he said. The drink was strong, like really strong. I was gonna ask him what it was, but I was too tired to say anything.

Roscoe stood up, faced the crowd and said, "It's all good, y'all! Go back to partying!" The music went back on and everyone turned up again. All except Yn and Kaelynn. I looked at Yn. Her head was resting on her arms which were resting on the couch's arm. She smiled a little, then touched my face.

"You good?" she asked. I nodded my head softly. "Good," she said, still smiling. We stared at each other for a little while longer. Then I looked away, took another sip of the drink and enjoyed the music.

Yn's POV

I couldn't even believe what had happened. I kept mentally beating myself up about it. This would've never happened if I never brought him in the first place.

I stroked his cheek with my fingertips. "I'm sorry, Kendrick," I whispered in his ear. "I'm sorry." He didn't say anything. He just layed there, chill than a muhf*cka.

"Yn. . . Yn. . . Hello?" It took me a while, but I finally realized that Kaelynn was calling me. I guess I got lost in my thoughts. I do that a lot.

With out turning around to face her, I said, "Yeah, Kae?"

"Can we dance now? He's okay, he's not dying."

I turned around, irritated as f*ck. "You can go. I'm staying here."

She crossed her arms and gave me a dirty look. "I don't wanna dance by myself." I just shrugged and turned my attention back to Kendrick. "Fine!" she said, and stormed off. "Hey, Sharnice!" I heard her say in the background.

"You don't have to stay here, you know," Kendrick said, softly. His eyes were still closed.

"I know," I replied.

He smiled a little. I smiled back. A slow song suddenly hit the speakers.

"Hey everybody," Martin Campbell, the DJ, said into the mic. "We gon' take it a little slow. All my niggas, go find a lady to grooooove wit it."

"Hey, Yn," I heard a deep, sexy voice say behind me. Kendrick opened his eyes and looked at the nigga. He looked confused. I turned around and stood up.

"Um, hi," I said awkwardly. I didn't really know him.

"You wanna dance?" he asked, holding his hand out.

I put my hands into my back pockets and said, "I don't know."

"Please?"

I turned around and looked at Kendrick. He turned away and closed his eyes. I looked back up at the guy. He was pretty tall. Probably like 6 feet or so.

"Sure," I said. I grabbed his hand gentilly and he walked me to the dance floor. He put his strong hands around my waist and I put my arms around his shoulders. "Hey," I said into his chest. "How do you know my name?"

"I've seen you around at school," he said.

That did not answer my question, I thought. "Well, what's your name?" I asked.

"Malik (Muh-leek)," he said. I smiled. I always loved that name. "So... You seein' K Dot or something?"

"K Dot? Who's that?"

"Kendrick," Malik said, laughing.

"Oh," I said. K Dot? What the f*ck? I laughed a little bit. "No, we're not together."

"Cool," Malik said. Then he slowly started lowering his hands. I started to feel uncomfortable. I grabbed his arms and lifted them so that he wouldn't be grabbing my ass. Also, so that he'd realize that I don't play that mess. But he lowered his arms again. This time, I lifted his arms a little more aggressively. By the third time, I was done.

I backed out of his embrace and said, "Ok, we're done here."

"What's wrong?" he asked confused.

"I don't appreciate you touching on me like that," I said, folding my arms.

"Damn, b*tch. It's not like I raped you."

Honestly, I don't like arguing. Mostly because I'm terrible at it. So at that moment, I just tried to walk away. I tried.

"Hey! Get back here!" he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him aggressively. I have to admit, I kinda liked it. Aggressive guys are a major turn on... to me, anyway. I was still mad, though. "Look, I'm sorry," he said softly. He let go and held my waist. He tried to sway me from side to side, but I got his hands off of me and walked back to where Kendrick was. Everyone watched as he stood there looking dumb as hell, not knowing what to do.

When I got to Kendrick, he smiled and said, "What happened to Malik?"

"That nigga disrespectful." I said as I kneeled down beside the sofa he was laying on and put my hand on the armrest.

He laughed and said, "I know."

I punched him in the arm. "Why the hell did you let me dance with him, then?"

He laughed some more and said, "He woulda popped one in my ass if I said anything."

"So you was scared, huh?" I asked, raising my chin like a straight up G.

"Hell, yeah, I was scared!" he said, laughing. I pushed him playfully. After we finished our laugh fest, he asked, "You wanna dance?"

"You sure you wanna dance right now?"

"Yeah."

"Ok," I said, smiling. I helped him off the couch and led him to the dance floor. We danced for a really long time. I found out that Kendrick was a party animal. He was the life of the party. All them other hoes were mad that I was the only girl he let grind on him.

Unfortunately, the party ended, so me and Kendrick walked home.

"Did you have fun?" I asked as we were walking.

"Well, other than that foam incident," we both laughed, "I had a good time."

I punched him playfully. "You see, you see? I told you, you'd like it!"

He rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever."

I grabbed my arms and started rubbing them, trying to look as casual as possible. I was a little cold, considering the fact that it was almost 3 in the morning and I didn't bring a sweater with me. But I didn't want Kendrick to give me his sweater. That way, he would then be cold, and who's fault would that be? Mine.

Kendrick looked at me and asked, "You cold or something."

Wow, I thought. "Naw, I'm good," I replied.

"You sure?"

"Yuup."

"Ok, good." Kendrick looked away. "I didn't want to have to give you my sweater." I looked at him with a confused expression glued to my face. He looked back at me, then chuckled. "I'm kidding," he said.

"Right," I said, sarcastically. I looked away and shivered some more. Suddenly, Kendrick grabbed me and placed me inside his sweater, but he was still wearing it.

"Who said we can't both be warm?" he asked. I laughed and he laughed along with me. It was actually really cozy sharing a sweater with him. I felt warm and nice, but that might of been because of the hormones that were freaking out inside me just because we were so close together.

We finally got to my house. Kendrick and I stood at the front door, still sharing the sweater. We wiggled around in it until we faced each other. "Thanks for bringing me home," I said, smiling.

"No problem," he said, also smiling. "Thanks for taking me to that party."

"No problem," I said. Our faces were literally about 2 and a half inches apart. I could feel his heartbeat banging on my chest. We stared deep into each other's eyes. I could feel his pupils piercing into my heart. Then I zoned out for a second.

When I finally came to my senses, I realized that Kendrick's lips were touching mine. Oh, my God! Kiss back, nigga! Kiss back, already!! I thought. And so I did. It was amazing! After about 10 seconds, we pulled away at the same time and laughed a little bit. I wiggled in the sweater so that I could turn around and unlock the door. Once I opened the door, he let me out of his sweater so that I could get inside.

"Goodnight, Kendrick," I said, smiling.

"Goodnight, Yn," he said, also smiling. With that, he turned around and walked home. I closed the door and silently freaked out. Aaaaaaaaahhhh!!! Yaaaaasssss!! Oh, my God!!! Ahehdhdvechabsbdcibdyxvdhrksvdudvehddbdudbducycudjiddndidbsydhsy! I jumped up and down and danced around as silently as possible, but I could barely control myself. I was sooooo happy.

"I see, you're back from the party." I turned around to see Dylan sitting in a chair facing me. Ugh, I thought.

"Yeah, so?" I crossed my arms and gave him a stank look.

"Do you know what time it is, young lady?" he asked with his arms also crossed along with an even more stank face.

"Look, I gotta get some sleep, we have church tomorrow." I walked right by him and made my way to the stairs. "Goodnight," I called out to him as I walked up the stairs. He didn't reply.

Flashbacks of me and Kendrick dancing and that kiss we shared and all the other amazing things that happened that night kept flashing through my mind. I felt all warm and tingly inside.

I prayed and thanked God for the night. I told Him everything that happened and how I was feeling. I told Him how I couldn't stop smiling and how my cheeks were starting to hurt. I think I thanked Him like over a million times. But you can't blame me. That was an amazing night.

...

...

...

Vote? Comment? Share? I'd really love to hear what y'all think so far. I'm sorry for updating so late. My bad. :P Y'all can comment some predictions/what you want to happen, if you like. :) Love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

843K 35.1K 75
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
179K 11.4K 74
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
116K 4.8K 40
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
94.4K 2.9K 25
a paige bueckers story.