Blood Bound- Book 1 of the Bo...

By MercyRose

For eleven years, Leo Risso, a slave to the night, patiently watched over his charge without once letting him... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33, Part 1
Chapter 33, Part 2

Chapter 17

229K 2.3K 116
By MercyRose

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 17

Ric sat down on a woolen couch in the parlor and waited for his Master. Sitting alone in the dark, he was plagued with the whole dining room scene re-playing over and over in his head. All he kept seeing was his precious Tatiana flying across the room and the despondent look on her face when Leo told her to leave his home.

The very fact that he had told her to leave, one of his own kind, over that feeble pet of his was humiliating to say the least. How could he choose her over a true born? Ric couldn't even begin to fathom the logic there.

As he sat there alone with nothing but the darkness of the room for company, Ric's thoughts turned to the frail looking human that Leo was so taken with. She was nothing more than a pint size pig squeak. That being the case, Ric had to wonder how in the hell did she survive a shifter attack?

It had to be luck- that or a Guardian Angel. There was simply no other explanation. It wouldn't happen a second time though. Ric was going to be sure of that, even if he had to do the damn job himself.

But it should have been so simple. They were to go in, get rid of her and then that would be it. Leo would have had no choice but to turn to Tatiana for comfort. Then, when things eventually settled down and the time was right; they could have disposed of him as well, inheriting the Risso titles and fortune in the process.

The plan had been so easy that a four year old should have been able to follow through with it. But when you leave it in the hands of mangy coyotes; nothing is easy. It surprised him how the dumb animals managed to get dressed in the morning. They were useless.

Never-less, the past is the past. None of it really mattered anymore. That little human scum would get her just rewards; he would make sure of that and afterwards the chips should fall into their rightful place just as he and Tatiana had previously planned.  

Revenge was better saved for desert anyway. It was much sweeter like that.

Heavy foot steps clomped down the hall and Ric knew instantly that it was his Master. Standing up, he moved into the shadow by the wall, waiting for his arrival.

"Ric," Leo bellowed upon entering the room. "Where are you?"

Ric stepped out of the shadow and stared obediently up at his Master. "I'm here sir."

Leo whirled around to face his servant. Not wasting any time with frivolous matters; he got straight to the point. "First of all, I want to know why shifters were in my Brides apartment back in Paris." His eyes flashed a dangerous black glint and for the briefest of seconds Ric felt a wave of fear wash over him.

Turning meek and making sure to keep his head bowed in submission, Ric slowly took a step back and feigned surprise. "I have no idea Master but you can be sure that I'll do my best to find out."

Leo narrowed his gaze on his servant; searching his face for any signs of fabrication. After a long minute of stiff silence, he grunted a purely barbaric sound. "See that you do that. I want to know who sent them and why because when I find out who dared to threaten my bride; they will pay. They will pay with their own blood as I drain them dry."

Ric visibly swallowed and took another step back. "Yes sir, I'll do my best to get the answers that you seek."

"I don't want your best dammit," Leo growled and brought down a hammer fist on the side table to further punctuate his point. "I want the answers and if you know what's good for you then you will get me the information. Do I make myself clear?!"

Ric quickly nodded his head. "Yes Master. Crystal clear. I will find out what is going on." His legs began to tremble and he inwardly cursed his weak servant blood. Struggling to hide the tremor in his voice he went on to ask, "Is that all Master?"

Leo turned his back on him and glided over to the window. Pulling the curtain aside; he peered out into the depths of the night and tried to think about who would even have the gall to attack his bride. Were they out there right now? Were they watching him? Would they make the same mistake twice and try to come at her again?

It was all so irritating; especially all of the not knowing. He needed to talk to Shelby's friend Anissa. Maybe she could shed some light on what was going on.

Letting out a loud sigh, Leo waved his hand in dismissal. "You can go but I want a report in twenty-four hours."

"Yes Master," Ric replied and was already back-stepping to the exit. Reaching the door, he turned around and right as he placed his hand on the handle Leo stopped him.

"Wait a minute," he drawled, staring at him over his shoulder.

This time it was Ric's turn to close his eyes and sigh. He should have known that it wouldn't be that easy. Turing around, he linked his fingers in front of him and put on his best smile. "Yes Master, is there something else that you need?"

Leo turned himself so that he was facing his servant. "As a matter of fact there is," he said poignantly. "What exactly did I walk in on with you and Tatiana back in the dining room?"

Ric had been thinking about the best way to answer this. The best that he could come up with was to play the 'dumb' card. "She asked me to teach her how to please you Master." He held out his hands in front of him, "So I did."

There was a hard pill for Leo to swallow. But then again, this was Ric they were talking about. His education was mediocre. It's not all that much of a stretch to believe that Tatiana was screwing with his servants head. Actually, that sounded just like something that she would do.

In the past she had always proven to be rather resourceful; so- if she wanted to get to him then why not use his Servant. Squeezing his temples with his forefingers, he inclined his head. "Alright then, you may go."

Not waiting another second, Ric slipped out the door and closed it behind him; relaxing his back up against the wall. "Asshole," he muttered under his breath and scowled. The day that he would finally be able to plunge a silver dagger through his Master's black heart and watch the light in his eyes go out just couldn't get here soon enough.

Not nearly soon enough, he thought ruefully. Resigned to having to hold on to his patience a little while longer, he pushed himself off of the wall and started for the office. He had work to do.

*****************************************************

"Hello."

"Anissa," Shelby whispered uncertainly into the mouth piece while glancing back at the door.

"Shelby? Is that you?"

"Yes," she said curtly into the phone. "It's me."

"Where are you?" Anissa asked, surprise filling her voice.

Shelby sank onto the edge of the bed; dropping her forehead into her hand. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

Anissa let out a melodic laugh that rang clear to the heavens. "Girl, I've seen a lot of things in my time. Try me," she urged on the other line.

She blew out a slow breath. "What would you say if I told you I was with vampires," she said cautiously.

Anissa chuckled. "Vampires huh? So he finally revealed himself to you, did he?"

Shelby stiffened; her grip tightening on the phone in her hand. A sense of foreboding came over her. "What exactly do you mean by revealing himself Anissa?"  

Her friend audibly lamented. "There's a whole that you don't know about me Shelby. I can see things... things that will make a difference in the way that our world is shaped. I knew that Leo was coming for you but I wasn't sure about when."

She shook her head back and forth; trying to understand what Anissa was telling her. "What the hell are you talking about Anissa?"

"Look, I'm just going to tell you straight out- I'm a Witch. A powerful witch that comes from a very strong blood line. I have known about you and Leo getting together for over forty years now. It was written in the stars per se."

"Witch? Starrs? Forty years? Exactly How old are you Anissa?"

"Old enough." She snipped. "But, more importantly, we need to talk and not over the phone. I need to see you in person."

"Yeah, and I have this insane need to get out of here but I have a particular overbearing Vampire that thinks I should be kept like a porcelain doll until he's ready to play with me."

Anissa snorted. "No doubt. Leo is one of the oldest of his kind and he is set in his ways. Do this for me, wrap your hand around the consecration pendant and repeat after me."

"Come again," Shelby said, snapping her head up at the sound of heavy foot steps coming down the hall. "What is that and this better be fast because Mr. Set-In-His-Ways is going to be here in oh..... About sixty seconds?"

"The necklace that I gave you," Anissa replied, clearly exasperated. "The one with the rose pendant, it's charmed. Wrap your hand around it and repeat after me."

"Okay! Okay!," She exclaimed, doing just s Anissa had directed her to do. "Now what?"

"To see the truth, to know the way..."

"To see the truth, to know the way.."

"I cast a spell in every day,"

"I cast a spell in every day..." The door knob started to turn and Shelby began to panic, "Can we hurry this up a little bit Anissa."

"By the power of three, I conjure thee to take me to a place of paramount safety."

Shelby repeated the last words and suddenly felt her body tighten. For the briefest of seconds the lights went out in front of her eyes and her breath audibly hitched. When the lights came back on it took her a minute to gain her bearings. One minute she was staring wide eyed at the opening door in Leo's bed chamber and in the next, she was staring up at a stunningly beautiful Anissa.

"Well hello there," her friend said brightly.

Shelby covered her eyes with her hands; feeling like her heart was about to beat right out of her chest. "This is just way too much," she grumbled and sank unceremoniously to the floor. "Way. Too. Much."

Dropping her hands to her lap; she lifted her head and stared up at the ceiling, "Calgon... please, take me away."

A/N.... Okay, I know it's been a while but I have officially taken this story off of hold. It's taking me some time to get back in the groove of this story so please bare with me. I can only hope that in the end that I won't disappoint ya! :)

Tara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 72 43
*If you haven't read my weakest point pleasing my master then this story will not make sense. I suggest reading that one first* Olivia agreed to marr...
1.9K 362 12
| RATED 18+ | Luna's life takes a dark twist when she witnesses a murder at a club,INK CITY, plunging her into a world of blood and fangs she never...
997 203 45
♠️ C O M P L E T E D ♠️ Enjoy x ••• My sleep was disturbed by a low mumbling. I opened my eyes and looked around. It was still dark out. I looked up...
1.1K 66 21
Growing up in a broken household, Shelby had Chase the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. Or so she thought, she wasn't expecting life to throw her...