WICKED { #Wattys2016 }

By Sensualwritings

Highest ranking: #16 in Paranormal The arrival of the gorgeous Sterling brothers triggers a series of gruesom... More

Chapter One: Cal
Chapter Two: Salem
Chapter Three: The Big Deal
Chapter Four: Concussion
Chapter Five: Sleepover
Chapter Six: The Body
Chapter Seven: Practical Magik
Chapter Eight: Biology
Chapter Nine: The Party
Chapter Ten: The Circle
Chapter Eleven: Aftermath
Chapter Twelve: Monday
Chapter Thirteen: Munchkins
Chapter Fourteen: Seeing Auras
Chapter Fifteen: Hermia
Chapter Sixteen: A lesbian and a penis candle
Chapter Seventeen: Gollum
Chapter Eighteen: Glad I didn't wear the Minnie Mouse Bra
Chapter Nineteen: I can see the headline
Chapter Twenty: Yer a witch Cordelia
Chapter Twenty-One: Making Amends
Chapter Twenty-Two: Paranoid bitches
Chapter Twenty-Three: Phyllis
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Late Bloomer
Chapter Twenty-Five: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Proper Kissing
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Two visitors and alot of synonyms for sex
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Soulmates and Jazz
Chapter Thirty: Tidal pools
Chapter Thirty-One: Don't tell Cal
Chapter Thirty-Two: Flowers
Chapter Thirty-Three: Evil soccer moms shop at evil lululemon
Chapter Thirty-Four: Cordelia has more head trauma
Chapter Thirty-Five: Gettin' Bi
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Talk
Acknowledgements
Calling all beta-readers!

Chapter Twenty-Six: Kol Sterling is a human being

3.8K 263 47
By Sensualwritings

"My good Lysander! I swear to thee by Cupid's strongest bow, by his best arrow with the golden head, by the simplicity of Venus' doves, by that which knitteth souls and prospers loves, and by that fire which burned the Carthage queen. When the false Troyan under sail was seen, by all the vows that ever men have broke. In that same place thou hast appointed me, tomorrow truly will I meet with thee." Cordelia declared to Christopher a.k.a. Lysander.

"Keep promise, love." Christopher replied, lifting their entertwined hands and pressing a kiss to the back of her hand. "Look, here comes Helena." He added, as "Helena" made her way onto the stage.

"Godspeed, fair Helena! Whither away?" Cordelia greeted, smiling brightly. Not because Hermia and Helena were friends and because Hermia should smile when she greeted her friend, but because she knew what Nina's next line was, and she was looking forward to hearing it.

There was a pause. A pause that was too long, where Nina debated whether or not all of this was worth what she had to say. "Call you me 'fair'? That 'fair' again unsay. Demetrius loves your fair. O happy fair! Your eyes are lodestars, and your tongue's sweet air, more tunable than lark to shepherd's ear. When wheat is green, when hawthorn buds appear. Sickness is catching. Oh, were favor so, yours would I catch, fair Hermia, ere I go. My ear sh-"

She was cut off by Elliot who yelled, "Cut!" From the front row.

Nina snorted indignantly and rolled her brown eyes, "What?"

Fear flashed in Elliot's eyes before he stood with a look of grim determination.

"Nina you're supposed to be whiny and self-deprecating. Cordelia is your beautiful best friend who has not one but two handsome, honourable suitors, one of which you are in love with. You love her, but you're also jealous of her."

"I'm sorry, I'm just having trouble with the character because I thought I would be playing a different character." Nina spat with enough venom to kill Elliot with her bite.

"Helena is the second female lead Nina." Mr. Pierce spoke up, to try to make the peace, as per usual. "We just need to know you can adequately portray Helena."

That was the perfect way to get Nina to shape up, and Pierce knew it. He had just challenged her, and questioned her acting ability.

"Of course I can." Nina snapped, "If you'd just let me finnish my monologue." She said icily, with her hands on her hips.

Elliot grinned, "Actually, I stopped you because i'm calling a wrap for the day."

Nina scoffed in disbelief, and Cordelia had to stifle a giggle.

"Great job everyone, lots of improvement today!" Mr. Pierce called out, as chatter and commotion ensued.

Cordelia and her co-stars exited the stage, and as she retrieved her bag from her dressing room, she looked up to see Nina's reflection in the mirror of the vanity.

Cordelia decided that ignoring Nina was not only the best course of action, but also the best way to piss her off, so she pulled a tube of lipgloss out of her bag and applied it in the mirror.

Nina was seething with anger. "Listen up Cordelia, just cause you got the part I wanted does not mean you are the star of this play. I am. Regardless of what character I play."

Cordelia didn't dignify that with an answer.

Nina grit her teeth and started to leave, but after second-thought, poked her head back in the room, "You got really lucky in that accident Cord. If you hadn't I as your understudy would be Hermia." She added before leaving Cordelia alone with chills.

She hadn't thought much about who was responsible for the hex that had made Kyle attack her. But Nina had practically threatened her which left her wondering: Could Nina be a witch?

That would answer another question: how did the circle know she was a witch? Maybe because she had pushed Nina into a pool with her mind. What once seemed like an innocent act of jealousy now seemed like a foolish mistake that might be her ticket to the stake.

Cordelia wrapped a sweater around her shivering body, but that didn't get rid of the goosebumps on her arms.

When she walked off the stage she saw not one, but two people lurking around the auditorium. The closest was Kyle, who looked even more nervous than Cordelia felt.

"Hey Cordelia." He greeted with an uneasy smile, as he adjusted the strap of his backpack.

"Hi." She replied, suddenly finding the pale lock of hair sticking out of her ponytail fascinating.

"I didn't see you today, or since the accident."

"Yeah sorry I had to memorize lines at lunch so I hid out in the library." She explained.

"I would've visited but I thought it might be best if I didn't bother you." He added quickly.

"It's fine! I wasn't up to company really, not that Kendra cared." She joked, laughing awkwardly.

He laughed with her before finally bringing up the elephant in the auditorium. "I said some...really shitty things to you last week and i'm really sorry. I didn't mean any of-okay well I sort of did in the moment but i'm an idiot."

Cordelia nodded in agreement, "You are." She agreed with a wry smile. "But I think jealous might be a better adjective." She suggested softly.

He sighed and nodded. "Yeah I-I don't like him. I don't trust him. And maybe i'm a little jealous of him. But I really was concerned Cord. For you. I couldn't give a shit about him, I was just-"

She smiled and interrupted the rest of his apology with a hug. "It's okay. But if you ever do that again i'll skin you alive with a cheese gratter." She threatened with a smile which made him laugh and hug her even harder.

When he finally let go of her he added, "I'm glad you're okay, I don't know what I would've done if the last time i'd seen you I'd been yelling at you. Anyways i'll see you tomorrow." He smiled, and waved before walking out of the auditorium leaving her alone with Kol Sterling.

But Cordelia wasn't thinking about Kol or why he was at school again.

She was thinking about what Kyle had just said. He didn't remember their last encounter. When he had almost killed her. And thank-God for that! He felt bad enough about yelling at her, imagine if he knew he had strangled her!

She was so distracted she almost walked right by Kol, who was seated in the back row of the auditorium, hidden by the shadows.

"Cordelia." He spoke up finally, standing up and following her out the door.

She groaned, "What now?" She asked over her shoulder, without bothering to look at him.

She felt him snatch her wrist before pulling her against the lockers. "I need to talk to you, and I need you to look me in the eye." He said through gritted teeth, his gaze smoldering.

"What. Now." Cordelia repeated.

He clenched his jaw, "I need you to tell me again -this time honestly- what is going on between you and Cal."

"And I'm going to tell you again the truth: we are friends."

His jaw twitched, "Maybe you're telling the truth. But i've seen how you act around each other...how you look at each other..." At that, he looked like he wanted to hurl.

All of her irritation washed away and was replaced by embarassement. Was it that obvious? Regardless, the blush on her cheeks was pretty conspicuous. "So what?"

"So what?" He repeated incredulously before erupting into laughter. Dark, humourless laughter before eventually calming down enough to give her a coherent answer.

"Because it's a bad idea. You should date someone normal. You both should."

She frowned, "And why's that?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest and taking a step closer.

"It's just-I can't tell you alright? Just trust me. The two of you together would mean bad things...dangerous fatal things."

Cordelia had a realization. Kol Sterling cared. All along she had made him out to be cold, indifferent, and judgemental. (Which he was) But she had forgotten he was a human being who cared about his brother and maybe even Cordelia. He wasn't just trying to be an ass. He genuinely believed there would be consequences if something were to -hypothetically- happen between Cal and Cordelia.

She felt a swell of sympathy for him. But that didn't change the fact that, "It's none of your business Kol." She said firmly before walking away. This time he didn't follow her.

A/N: Hi there friends! I know the Shakespeare at the begining can be confusing but basically what Nina had to say was she wasn't beautiful, that Cordelia was, that Cordelia's character had the heart of the man she loved, and that she'd kill to be Cordelia. If you have no idea what the context is, A Midsummer Night's Dream, is the tale of Hermia (Cordelia's character) whose father has promised her hand in marriage to Demetrius. Hermia loves Lysander and Helena loves Demetrius unrequitedly. Hermia and Lysander end up running away together, Demetrius goes after them, and Helena goes after him. It's an amazing play that I highly recommend! If you guys have any questions about the play, characters or language let me know!

I'm very excited about the next chapter, and you guys should be too!

If you liked this chapter please vote and comment, telling me your thoughts and reactions!

Have a lovely day,

~Liz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 195 17
Jade Hughes has been on the run her entire life, always the outcast and always alone. Running from an unknown enemy she is forced to harbour a secret...
19.4K 1.4K 22
WATTPAD FEATURED STORY | WATTYS 2018 SHORT LIST | OPEN NOVELLA CONTEST 2018 FINALIST | On her wedding day, Charlotte de Winter carried a crossbow as...
242 80 25
*Shortlisted for the 2022 Red Carpet Awards by @yours_truly_XC!* Kara goes to college, has a part-time job at a coffee place, and does magic to try t...
136K 4.9K 156
Witches don't fight, they BURN! At least, that's what you thought when you first stepped foot in Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladie...