The Alpha's Promise (1st Book...

By BraveAngelGirl

Marielle Heartifillia was banished from her pack by none other than her one, true mate. Love was a rarity in... More

The Alpha's Promise
Prologue - Edited
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 ~part 1~
Chapter 12 ~part 2~
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 ~ Edited
Chapter 22 ~ Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 Part 1 - Edited
Chapter 36 part 2 - Edited
EPILOGUE

Chapter 33

107K 3.3K 793
By BraveAngelGirl

Hey Guys! I just want ya'll to know that, for those who think authors who want their readers or fans to have a limit of votes/comments for them to update makes them horrible, well let me explain this: I have told all my readers and fans in the beginning of this book that I will not be like that. I update because I am simply writing a book. I only put that limit up because for everyone who hated that HUGE cliffhanger and wants a new chapter very soon, then when that goal is reached I will have it up. Normally, it would have took me a whole week or more with school to write and put a new chapter up. But with that limit for chapter 32, I would literally stop what I'm doing and make the chapter just because my fans have reached the goal. I'm not greedy for more votes or comments. So there ya go, I have let my frustration out and now I will begin with the new chapter! :)

Dedicated to Wild_word for her crazy antics with the commenting. I had a good laugh!

Chapter 33 (Finally right?)

I could feel the tears forming at the corners of my eyes as I reread the letter. Over and over again, I had to look it over so that I made sure my eyes weren't imagining things. I felt as if I couldn't breathe, and just thinking about it made the tears finally fall.

The piece of paper slipped from my fingers as I stood there frozen. I heard Adam laughing at something, before walking into the foyer where I was. He dropped whatever he had in his hands, making a large crash, running over to me.

“Mari? Mari, what's wrong?” He asked concerned, shaking my shoulders hesitantly. I merely pointed at the paper that had fallen on the floor and he picked it up and read it.

I watched as his face lit up, with a grin that made his eyes sparkle. “This is great news!” He yelled and I nodded now getting over my shock, grinning back at him.

“Zach, Sam come over here, we have good news!” Adam shouted cheerfully and the cousins had bounded over to where we stood, snatching the paper from Adam's hand.

“HE'S DEAD!” Zach screamed and Sam hollered, “Ray is finally dead!”

I knew he could do it, I knew he could.

** **

“Come on guys that's enough. No more drinking!” I chastised them, taking away the beer kegs they held in their hands.

After our cheering fit in the foyer after finding out that Ray had been killed in battle, we all decided to have a celebration. It was a small party, with the whole pack and now it had gotten a bit late. Many pack members had resigned to bed by now, but not my boys. They were all still having the 'time of their lives' as they had called it and was drinking the night away.

I, though had not taken a single drop of alcohol. For us weres, we were not light weights and a lot of beer didn't really affect us, but I knew that 20 bottles sure would. I also knew that the boys had more than that. I was being the responsible one, taking away their drinks telling them it was past midnight and we had to wake up tomorrow morning for more training.

“Mari, you're no fun!” Sam slurred a little, as he pouted. Yes, I said pouted. Over the months I have lived here with the Lunar eclipse pack, Sam had started to become more serious. Not once pouting that often, if anything it was rare nowadays.

“Yeah Princess! You're such a party pooper!” Zach laughed as he wrapped one of his arms around my neck.

I rolled my eyes, throwing his arm off my shoulder and started to clean up. I had put and hid all of the beer so that they would not find them and drink more. They were a little out of it now and as the sober one, I had to put a stop to their stupidity.

“I'm not the one wasted away, with disgusting alcohol breath.” I dead panned, grabbing the broom to sweep up the streamers we had used earlier. It had been a small party, but the boys decided to go all out. But I had to admit it, Ray now being claimed dead was a relief. Yet, in the pit of my stomach, I knew it wasn't all a great thing.

One thing I got from the letter was that Max was not dead. If he was, we would have been informed so. The tears that had sprung from my eyes were of joy and I could say today had made me even more determined to be stronger and hopeful for Max to come home safely. The death of Ray had proved that.

“I can help you, if you want.” A deep voice said behind me and I turned to see River. I smiled and pointed at the empty red solo cups lying around. He nodded, smiling back.

River during the training so far had improved outstandingly. Not only have I grown, but he did too. We were no longer about the same height. River was now 5'10, with a much deeper tone in his voice and tone of his body. He wasn't a wall of steel or the tall six feet, but he still was kind of intimidating. Heck, everyone in this pack was intimidating, but River still had that shy scared side of him that I only knew. It was between us and our friendship with each other.

River was now also in the stronger group. More people from the 'weak' group have grown stronger and there were very few left of that group. I understood why now that we had those separate groups. Reason number one was to raise your self-esteem so you can not be labeled as 'weak' anymore. Reason two was so that Adam and Sam could see what the 'weak' group still had to do, in order to be stronger. As soon as everyone was stronger, we could all train together as a pack.

“So how are you feeling Mari?” River questioned me, and I looked around him to see that most of the cups were picked up. There was still much more to do, but I was going to do that by myself or leave it for the morning.

I grinned gratefully and replied, “I'm fine, why do you ask?”

“I was just wondering... you know, because it was your mate died.” He said with concern underlying in his voice.

I turned to face him and narrowed my eyes, “He's not my mate.” I growled, tying the garbage bag in my hand and throwing it roughly to the ground. “He rejected me, meaning that he never wanted me or cared about me. After that, I didn't give a crap what could have happened to him and I still don't. He's dead now, and that's positive thing. Now, I can live a life without worrying he would come for me. Now I can learn to love somebody else, and I already have.”

“You don't get it Mari. That wasn't what I was implying.” River explained coming closer to me, to make eye contact and show the emotion that filled them. His tone was serious, and his eyes still held concern. “That letter said that Ray was dead, correct?”

My eyebrows furrowed as I nodded slowly. River continued, “Well did it say anything about his pack? I know from the experience of being his pack, that there are some vengeful people who lurk in it. Sure the alpha's may have killed most of the rogues that was of Ray's pack, but maybe not all of them. That pack already hated this pack, don't you think that if there were survivors, that they would come for revenge?”

I stood there staring into Ray's eyes, trying to process everything. This was true. Ray would have vengeful people that were amongst his pack, and of course they would come for us because our alpha killed theirs. I bit my lip and shook my head for even having a thought about worrying about this.

This was what we trained for. We were ready, but we were still training the weak wolves to become stronger. Once Adam and the rest were sober, I would tell them then. I would have to tell them tomorrow morning before training, so we could set up a plan for any surprise attacks. If we were to plan everything out, already having enough training, the Lunar Eclipse pack would surely win against the rogues. Just because our alpha was not here, it didn't mean would would lose to a pack of survivor rogues.

“I would have to announce this to the rest of the pack or at least Adam and Sam, so we could pick up the training and create a plan. There won't be any lives lost while Max is gone. We have to prove that we are strong and don't need an alpha present to show that.” I told this to River as I heard the revolting sound of someone emptying their stomach in the kitchen. Scrunching up my nose, I said a quick good night to River and hugged him, thankful for his help.

I marched toward the kitchen, ready to kick some wolf ass and smell the vulgar scent of vomit. This was what I had been hoping all night, not to happen. I knew that I would be the one having to clean up the mess, while the boys were too drunk to walk.

“What the hell guys?” I yelled, glaring at each and every one of them coldly. Zach laughed while Adam pointed at Sam, who was the one leaning over the kitchen sink. Sam smiled, moving out of the way for me to see what he had for breakfast, lunch and dinner today.

I laughed, but there was no humor in it. I stopped immediately to show that I was going to whoop some butt and they all seemed to get the idea as they looked at each other in fear. “Boo.” I said with a raised eyebrow, waiting for them to run out of the kitchen. All of them tripped over themselves, quickly gaining soberness and scrambled out of the room. Thank goodness they were gone. I rolled my head back, almost crying at the mess in the kitchen. I promptly learned that I was not getting any sleep tonight. I hated myself for acting like the stupid babysitter. Cursing, I started to clean up the entire kitchen, starting with the vomit.

I was going to kill them for this.

** **

I walked into Adam's room fully dressed, and found that all the boys had camped here last night. Yet, not one of them were awake for the training this morning. I didn't know whether or not they would have a hangover or not, but I gave it a shot by shouting for them to get their werewolf butts up.

gt

One by one, each of them jumped up from where they slept on the ground. I found it amusing that none had found their way to the giant bed Adam owned. They're backs were going to be aching.

“Rise and shine boys! It's time to get back to training, the party is over!” I shouted, and watched how Sam winced in pain. Adam rubbed his ears as Zach groaned and moaned about getting up so early.

“I decided to wake you guys up, so that I can discuss something important that I have found out last night. I thought about even having a pack meeting to tell everyone about it.” I stated, now serious. Though, I kept glaring at one guy in particular because of what I had to clean up last night. I will be sure to get him when he is not looking.

“Now, you know Mari that you have to tell me first before making any pack meetings.” Adam murmured as he struggled to stand up straight, sparing me one glance before heading towards the bathroom. I hear a loud curse from the bathroom, guessing he looked in the mirror, noticing his red eyes. “What the hell happened last night?” He wondered out loud, probably hoping for one us to answer. The other shrugged while, I glared at them. Did they really forget what went down last night and the torture I had to bare with?

“Oh nothing,” I exclaimed in a sarcastically happy tone, “All of you guys got drunk, made a mess and Sam left a little surprise for me in the sink! It was so much fun! I really hope we can do it again!” Both Sam and Zach scooted away from where I stood, making as much distance between them and I as they could.

“Oh..” I heard Adam say, and he didn't say anything more as I heard the shower turn on. I sighed and glared at the boys one more time before making my way towards the door.

“Oh and one more thing. If you ever, and I mean ever, vomit in the kitchen sink again... I'm not going to hesitate to cut your balls off and make you eat them for a midnight snack!” I threatened Sam, and then smiled saying, “Be downstairs by 6... or else.” I winked and swayed away with them gaping at each other. I laughed silently, loving how scared they looked. I guess its cereal and black coffee for breakfast today.

** **

“So what you're telling me is that there could more rogues out there and they are planning to come and kill us?” Adam asked, rubbing his chin. I inhaled a deep breath, glad I had finally explained that to him because the other two were being very obnoxious this morning. It was way too early for that.

“Yes, and we have to tell the rest of the pack. It has to be today because we never know when or if they are going to attack us.” I said, and flicked Zach's ear because he was fooling around. I had no idea how he was doing that considering he was currently having a hangover.

“Ow!” Zach yelled, while Sam laughed at him. I didn't know what Sam was laughing about since he was going to get it later on.

“Ok then, right before we train. I will make a plan and positions. We have to be ready for this and as you said Mari and I agree that we are ready physical wise.” Adam told Sam and I, as we both nodded.

About an hour later, when the whole pack assembled in the gym, Adam yelled for everyone's attention. Immediately, everyone had quieted down and all was giving him full attention. As the beta, Adam knew what he was doing and I knew that at breakfast, there was already a plan starting to churn in his brain. That was Adam for you.

“Our third in command and another fellow member had thought over things with the death of Alpha Ray. There has been some predictions of rogue wolves from his other pack, probably coming for us for vengeance for their alpha. They know that Alpha Maxwell has gone off to fight the rogues in war and see us as vulnerable, but we won't tolerate that. For months we have trained to get ready for a surprise attack like this, and day has come for us to set up a plan. We will show them that we are any thing but vulnerable, am I right?” Adam shouted and the pack cheered in response showing that they agreed.

“What we are going to do is have some warriors from the strong group stay behind with the few people still in the weak group. There is a safety room in a hidden place, in the basement. You will all hide there if the attack had come to that conclusion. But we will not let that happen. I will put you all into groups, so that if we ever get separated as a pack, remember to stay together with that group.” Adam ordered, and everyone was soon assigned to a special group which had to deal with what level of strength everyone was on. There were five groups in total, with six to a group. My group had both River and Zach in it, with three other guys.

“Remember everyone in your assigned group and-” Adam's sentence was suddenly cut off when he suddenly sniffed the air, his eyes widening.

“I can smell the slight smell of rogues in the area! Everyone, outside and shift! Prepare to attack!” He shouted and it was then that I heard the crashing and breaking of windows upstairs. Everyone in the room had quickly shifted, running up the stairs, ready to kill any rogue in sight.

======= =======

Tada! Not much of a cliffhanger like last time ;). I won't ever do that comment vote thing again because honestly it caused too much issues in the last chapter. Even though some of the people who had thought it was a bad idea to do that, and you didn't mean to do this, It had hurt my feelings a little with what you said. I didn't mean to come off like that.

Comment and Vote however you like.

Have a wonderful evening... I don't know where all of you live so, good morning and goodnight too! <3 Love ya!

_ BraveAngelGirl _

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 7.7K 52
When duties, promises, and the past ignore the will of one's heart, how far can you go before wavering on your knees? ~~~ When a woman is taken as th...
524K 6.3K 33
There's no escaping love when you've found your mate. Amelia Whitlock knows that for sure. But what happens if, that so called mate of hers, was her...
61.9K 2.6K 19
Mari Greenfield. A name everybody knows, from whispers on the street, to every pack in North America and still farther. Why, because she's the most d...
1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...