Everything Changes

By esoteric918

The sequel to It's Complicated. Life throws curveballs. Casey Anderson knows this, but can’t seem to get a b... More

Everything Changes
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 11

78K 1.4K 60
By esoteric918

There was a pounding on my door the next morning…afternoon once I looked at my clock.

“Get up Casey.” Connor’s voice was my wakeup call. The door groaned as it opened. “What happened to the door?”

“Mason broke it.” I let out a groan as I turned onto my back. My neck was sore. Not painful like it was yesterday, just sore.

“Should I get Brian?”

I sighed, “No. I just need a nice hot shower and some aspirin.” I willed myself into a sitting position and slowly hung my head. It hurt but I needed to move it. I hated when my muscles seized up and were rendered useless the whole day.

Connor took the hint and left me alone.

Almost an hour later I was throwing on clothes. Connor had left me aspirin and a glass of water waiting on my dresser when I exited the bathroom. At least now I didn’t have to go look for it.

I threw my wet hair into a bun and started towards my door. Then I glanced in the mirror. I had love bites (my term for hickeys) all along my neck.

“Great.” I sighed and went to my bathroom. I had to cover the marks. It had been a few days since I’ve been officially broken up with Kevin; his pack may assume they were from him. But the guys would tease me if they laid their eyes on them. Then Kevin’s alpha might assume that Grayson killed Kevin out of jealousy.

There was a soft knock on my door as I was concealing the evidence.

She smiled slyly at me. “Are those from G?”

I sighed, “Maybe.” Her smile widened. “Don’t tell anyone.”

She nodded, “Secret’s safe with me… Need help?”

I nodded, “Yea, I can’t tell if it looks natural.”

I leaned my neck away from her. It was stiff.

With a few dabs she smiled, “No one will know.”

“Good.” I kept my hair down. It would dry eventually and I didn’t want anyone’s eyes to inspect my neck if my hair was up. “Do you think anyone noticed last night?”

She shook her head, “I’m sure if they did, we would’ve heard the teasing. You know how they are.”

Last night when Connor said Kevin’s pack would be here in the morning, I actually thought they’d be here in the morning. It was past dinner before anyone got here. I was washing dishes with Amanda. We had a good system. I would wash and rinse, she would dry.

I looked out the window to see 3 SUV driving down the long driveway.

Connor told us to go to our rooms and freshen up. He probably just wanted us upstairs in case something happened. We listened.

Amanda and I walked down the stairs together just as Brian was ushering the few from other pack into the huge gathering room. These people were the top ranking member of Kevin’s pack. There were only 5 or so, but it felt like so much more. Connor was having a quiet conversation with Kevin’s Alpha. His name was Mark. It took seeing him to remember his name. I should have remembered. I felt like a bad person when I saw them.

My stomach turned to knots when I saw Kevin’s best friend Charles walk into the gathering room. I could see sorrow and anger in his eyes. We had been good friends…before. Now that I was responsible for Kevin’s death, I knew he’d be mad at me. I didn’t need to be able to read his mind to get that.

I made sure to reinforce my mind so I definitely wouldn’t hear their thoughts.

Then I saw her on Charles’ arm. Monica was the chick that I caught Kevin in bed with only a few days ago. My eyes narrowed at the thought of that whore now in my home. I didn’t even know why she was here. She wasn’t a high ranking member of the pack. She probably weaseled her way into coming here because she slept with Kevin.

Her eyes flickered to mine, then away not remembering me, then back quickly as her brain started to work. She curled her lips back and growled at me. Charles heard her, along with everyone else. He followed her eyes to me. He smiled weakly. At least he didn’t want to tear off my head like Monica did.

Charles pulled her into the room before she could get to me. I saw her try to go against him, but it was unsuccessful. He was too strong.

Even if she did get past Charles, Grayson was standing 3 feet from me. I knew he wouldn’t let her near me. He wouldn’t let any of this pack near me.

Once they were all in the room, I sighed. Amanda rubbed my back. I smiled at her. She was trying to comfort me. I was so glad that Amanda was here. The guys just didn’t understand.

Alpha Mark was standing, while the rest of his pack was sitting on the couches. I decided to lean against the wall with Amanda. I really didn’t want to be brought into this discussion. I had to be here because I witnessed what happened.

“So,” Alpha Mark began, “who would like to explain why I am collecting a dead pack member? Kevin was a good man.”

“He pulled a gun on one of my top fighters; he should have known what happens when you pull a gun on another wolf.” Connor seemed to be questioning Alpha Mark’s ability to teach his wolves how to behave.

“Kevin was aware of the protocols Finn has forced upon all his packs. Kevin wasn’t stupid. If he had a gun, he felt threatened.”

Grayson nodded, looking Alpha Mark right in his eyes. “He should have been afraid.” Grayson’s voice was deep, much deeper than I had ever heard before.

Alpha Mark glared at Grayson. “And for what reason would Kevin have to be afraid?”

Grayson smirked at the Alpha, “Because I was going after him.”

Connor sighed, he knew Grayson better than anyone else. I noticed all the pissed faces now looking at Grayson.

“Why were you going after a member of my pack unprovoked?” Alpha Mark’s words were more like a grumble than actual words.

“It wasn’t unprovoked.” Grayson was as calm as ever. “He was trying to kidnap a member of my pack against her will. I wouldn’t sit there and watch it all happen.”

“And this member Kevin was trying to kidnap wouldn’t happen to be Casey?” Alpha Mark looked at me before looking back at Grayson. “Oh I get it, you were just pissed off that Casey was in a relationship with Kevin. You were pissed off that Casey would have rather been with Kevin, than with you.”

Grayson laughed at the Alpha. After earning a look from Connor, Grayson stopped laughing.

“No one knew that Kevin was coming to my territory. He should have sought out permission. He didn’t. He was trespassing. He tried to take Casey against her will. Grayson was within rights to protect a pack member.” Connor’s voice had an edge of power to it. That was probably made the other wolves listen to him.

“Kevin told me he was coming to collect Casey.” Alpha Mark looked at me. “He said you were his. He was planning on making Casey his mate.”

I shook my head. “We broke up before I left the city.” I diverted my eyes to the ground. I couldn’t look at him. I did feel guilty. I couldn’t look at any of them.

“That wasn’t the vibe I was getting from him.”

I nodded, “He didn’t want to break up, but I found him naked in bed with Monica.” I looked over at her. “Didn’t I?”

Monica’s eyes narrowed as her pack looked at her. Apparently they didn’t know Monica was hooking up with Kevin.

“Did I spill your secret?” I taunted.

She charged me like a raging bull. I didn’t have time to react. She was just suddenly coming towards me.

My heart rate shot up. That bitch actually tried to attack me. I was shocked that she’d actually try to attack me with a room full of witnesses.

She didn’t reach me. Not with Grayson in the room.

Grayson pushed her back. She landed ungracefully on her ass.

 “It’s your fault he’s dead!” She yelled. She tried to charge me again, but Grayson threw her to her Alpha this time.

“Don’t think I won’t hit you because you’re a woman.” Grayson warned her in a growl.

Grayson’s face when he’s mad at someone (other than me) made me very hot and bothered. When he’s defending me, that look is downright sexy.

I needed a bucket thrown on me. My hormones were driving me crazy.

Once Monica sat back down, Grayson stood beside me, arms folded over his chest.

I couldn’t help but stare at his bicep. He shouldn’t have crossed his arms over his chest.

Alpha Mark handed Monica over to Charles. “Take her to the car. Make sure you watch her.”

Charles nodded and led Monica out of the room. He never took his hand off of her.

“Please accept an apology for Monica’s behavior. If I had known that she wouldn’t be able to contain herself I would have left her at home.” Alpha mark tried to ease the fact that she just tried to attack me.

I rolled my eyes, but kept quiet.

 “Keep her away from my land. If I see her, there will be consequences. She obviously has hatred towards my sister. I’m not going to risk her because you can’t keep a leash on your pack.” Connor seethed.

Alpha Mark glared at Connor. The others from the other pack were now standing, ready to defend their alpha if they needed to. “Don’t take that tone with me pup. I’ve been Alpha longer than you’ve been alive.”

“Then you should know how to control them.” Connor spat back. None of the guys looked bothered by the pack standing up. They were being too laid back. I knew that the other wolves would get even more pissed that the guys didn’t see them as much of a threat.

Alpha Mark looked back at one of his men, “Go collect Kevin. If we stay here much longer there will be bloodshed.”

Brian opened the door, unaffected by the hostile environment. “I’ll take you to the body.”

The two of them left the tension filled room.

“You should leave.” Connor was growling the warning at Alpha Mark.

Alpha Mark looked back at his pack and nodded his head towards the door. They filed out of the room. Alpha Mark was the last one to leave the room. None of us missed the look the Alpha gave Connor.

Connor looked at Grayson with amber eyes before following Alpha Mark out of the room. “Keep an eye on her until they’re all gone.”

Grayson nodded with a smirk, “Yes boss.”

Amanda sighed, “That was explosive.”

I nodded and looked over at Grayson, “You guys are so moody.”

Grayson rolled his eyes, “Shut up you two.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 1.4K 12
Season 4 is readayyy 🎉
I'm Yours By stevie

Teen Fiction

7.1K 255 22
so unless someone want to co write which means you write a couple chapters or every other chapter this will be on hold tell some of my others are don...
33.3K 236 3
BOOK ONE: ARRANGED "Melinda 'Mellie' Mulcahy thought she was entirely ordinary until her mum was murdered in a home invasion and she is sent to live...
8.5M 206K 34
Watty Awards Werewolf Finalist 2012 & one of Wattpad's Most Read Werewolf Stories of 2013! The world of werewolves is changing. All packs are being f...