Posing As Mariah

By AmethystHazelEyes

What if the "Songbird Supreme" had a twin? Find out what life is like for Mariah's unknown twin sister/stand... More

Posing As Mariah - Teaser
Posing As Mariah - Characters
1: Watch It!
2: Mr T & Resentment
4: Work, Work, Work
5: 'Mariah's' Photoshoot
6: He Knows
7: Planning

3: Sorting Schedules

131 12 3
By AmethystHazelEyes

(Heyy everyone, thank you for 100 reads already! I hope that you are enjoying this so far - this may not be an exciting chapter, but it's a necessary one because it's a vital part of the story. Enjoy, Elise x)

You know that moment after you argue with your older sibling and you'd wished they died? But then eventually you didn't mean it anymore?

Mariah and I are like that. Sometimes we say we hate each other but, really, we love each other more than anything. The only sibling I have hate towards is our older sister, Allison. To be honest, that girl's just so messed up in the head. Even Mom says so. Morgan's also a bit of a pain. Especially when they both try coming for Mariah just to get a quick buck.

Remember when Morgan went on the news and told them Mariah was drinking and doing drugs and he was 'worried' she would end up like Whitney? That is completely false - well, she was drinking, but what the f*** else do you expect a woman to do when she's just separated from her husband? I'll admit it, Mariah did drink a lot (hence the 2014-15 weight gain), but she never ever touched drugs. She's not that type of person. That's why I only trust Mariah and our Mom out of all my family.

If our father was still here, I would trust him too. I was just as upset as my sister when I found out he had died. He had almost all of Mariah's records, and he had a lot of pictures of us two in his house. He was in hospital for quite some time, and eventually he couldn't fight anymore. Mariah wrote a song dedicated to him for her 'Charmbracelet' album.

That girl can write anything and it's good. Mom and I always encouraged her to keep singing, and I'm so glad we did - look where she is now! I don't really have any talents, except for beating you at any video game you throw at me, and the fact I can play a mean guitar on 'Guitar Hero'. My high-score is number 4 on the world leaderboard - beat that!

The reason I am doing so much thinking, right now, is because I cannot get a wink of sleep! Seriously, I've been looking up at the ceiling for two hours now, just waiting for my damn eyes to close! I need the sleep because I have to go out and attract the paps so Mariah can take the kids to school. I have volunteered to do it (many times!), but she insists that I shouldn't have to help her and that we should live both our lives.

As if I've got any life though...

...........

*Thursday 9th April, 2016, 9:28am*

I put on some smart clothes, restyled my wig and touched up my makeup. I had just came back from distracting the paps, and I was getting ready to go to a meeting with Mariah's manager, Stella. Once every two weeks, I meet her, so I can report back to Mariah and then the both of us can work out our schedules. None of her team have a single clue that I'm not their client. That's always the goal when you have to stand-in for a celebrity.

Once I was ready, I had a cup of tea, yelled 'goodbye' to my sister, and drove to Stella's house. She didn't like having meetings at an office, so she invited me - well, Mariah - to her home. Everytime I go there, I have to knock on the door, say 'hello' to Stella, say 'hello' to her teenage daughter, ('Misha', I think...or was it, 'Mishy'? I don't know, they're Russian), lend my coat to her and go into their living room.

When she opened the door, Stella smiled with a full face of makeup on. I smiled back to be polite, and followed her inside. Stella prompted 'Mishy' to greet me, and she did. I waved at her and mumble a quick 'Hi', just wanting to get the meeting out the way. It always felt awkward, for me, here - I don't know how Mariah can feel comfortable in this place.

We sat at the coffee table, as Stella laid some papers in front of me.

"So, Mariah. On Monday, you have a meeting with 'Epic' to discuss the final setlist of your album at eleven-thirty, on Wednesday, you have an interview at 'The Ellen Degeneres Show' at ten." I nodded, gesturing her to carry on, "On Thursday, you have a photoshoot and interview for 'Vogue' magazine at nine-forty-five and, on Friday, you have a performance on 'Saturday Night Live!' And you need to be there at five-forty-five for hair and makeup."

As Stella explained everything, I noted it all down in Mariah's diary, writing the event on one side and the date and time on the other. I made sure to make it all clear, so we find sorting our schedules easier for later. It was a good thing I was an A student in English and Maths and I was a whizz at problem solving, meaning the two of us make a pretty good team (If I say so myself!).

After the meeting, I said 'goodbye' and drove home. I came in, cold as hell, just as I smelt lunch in the kitchen. I went upstairs to get changed, and ran back down to have my lunch.

Sweet food, come to Mama!

Mariah came out the kitchen and wrapped her arms around me, "B! You're just in time!"

"I can tell, Mimi." I chuckled, "What's in there?"

"Your favourite! Grilled Cheese and Bacon toast!" Mariah announced.

"Holy s***, you're the best!"

"Bianca!"

"Oh, sorry, my bad." I apologised, playing with my hair.

Yeah, you can tell I wasn't the best church-girl, growing up.

Moving on!

"Alright, I'll let you off, this time."

"Thank goodness!" I cheered, "Hallelujah!"

I kissed my sister's cheek and dashed to the kitchen. My mouth was watering, and my taste-buds were tingling. I went to get it, and there it was - a plate holding delicious glory! Grilled Cheese and Bacon toast, drizzled with a beautiful zig-zag of ketchup. Okay, I am over-exaggerating right now!

Lemme calm down and find my weave!

Mariah and I sat the island, devouring our food. I pulled the work diary from my pocket and put it on the table.

Mariah covered her mouth, and swallowed a bit of bacon, before asking, "What's happening?"

"Well...on Monday, you have a meeting with 'Epic' to discuss your final album setlist." I started. I covered my mouth as well, swallowing my toast.

"What time is that?" Mariah asked.

"That's at eleven-thirty." I answered, "Then, on Wednesday, you have an interview with 'Ellen' at ten, Thursday, you have a photoshoot for 'Vogue' for nine-forty-five, and on Saturday you have a performance and interview for 'Saturday Night Live!'; Stella says you need to be there at quarter-to six for hair and makeup."

After that, I explained the week after that and we began sorting ourselves out - basically working out who does what.

"So...I need to be at the performance and interview for 'Saturday Night Live!', the photoshoot and the meeting." Mariah said.

"What? Are you saying I can't sing?"

"No, Of course no-"

"I'm just kidding!" I laughed, "I can do the interview and you can do the performance?"

"No, it'll take too long to get you ready without Kristofer and Jenna knowing." Mariah pointed out.

"Oh yeah...I can't do 'Ellen', because I'm working at ten, and I can't do anything on Saturday morning or Friday 'till about five. I'm free for the photoshoot, and I can attend the meeting, but I think you should go to that one."

"Yeah. I wanna make sure the setlist for this album is right." Mariah agreed, "For the photoshoot, you'd have to go there looking like me but, obviously, you can't have makeup on."

"What about the beauty mark situ though?"

"Just cover that up; they'll most likely cover it up anyway. They do that with me." She suggested.

"Good thinking. As long as it doesn't include me showing off my boobs."

"I don't think they will do that."

I picked up my last piece of toast and shrugged, "They might do. Everyone loves seeing your bangers...except our Mom-"

"Oi!"

"Just telling the truth!"

"Look, I'll get Stella to call them and see what they're thinking of doing."

"Okay...next Tuesday, you got 'Jay Leno' at seven, and the meeting to check the tapes for the docu-series at eleven." I emphasised on 'docu-series', because she hates when people call this thing a 'reality show'. I mean, it is on 'E!' - the ultimate channel of reality TV! But, whatever floats her boat.

After working it out, we had the next two weeks of our schedules planned to the dot. The both of us knew that we had a busy two weeks ahead of us. And, as well as all that, we need to start planning Roc and Roe's fifth birthday party soon!

My babies are growing up so fast! 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 545 43
What If Chloe lukasiak has a twin sister who is the favorite?
236K 5.1K 60
Bianca and Sofia were twins not identical but they were born an hour apart, Bianca being born first. Sofia was used to being quiet so she didn't have...
9.1K 508 17
Mamma Mia (1-2) & The Devil Wears Prada Crossover (Mamma Mia 3: The Sight Of You spin off) Miranda Priestly and Donna Sheridan were twin sisters. T...
156 8 8
What if Harry had a twin sister? And what if few, if anyone, knew that she existed? Enola knows. *Don't own Harry Potter or any of its characters*