Sweet as Honey (An OHSHC FanF...

By BubblesTheHippo

Honey meets a new girl. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Ch 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
BONUS!!!!!!

Part 28

1.5K 44 26
By BubblesTheHippo

"Hey, hey, don't you guys think that Honey has changed recently?" Girl one.

"Hm? Changed how?" Girl two.

"Well, lately, I feel like he's so handsome. You know, he's not just a cute little kid. Kind of like, he's actually dating material." Girl one.

"Oh yeah! I totally get what you mean!" Girl three.
"Honey as dating material?" Girl two. "I can't imagine that."
"Oh but he's such an amazing martial artist!" Girl three.
"Can you imagine him protecting you?" Girl one, with a giggle. "It'd be so romantic."
"You guys..." Girl two, sounding disappointed and possibly annoyed.
"He's so hot these days." Girl three.
"I wonder what's causing him to change." Girl one.
"Maybe puberty finally hit." Girl three with a laugh.
"Yes! That might be it! Ah, I really want to go to the same college as him." Girl one. "Imagine him in college.

Grown up and mature and so handsome."

Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Why are they talking about this in the bathroom? I stood in the bathroom stall, staring at the pretty pearly pink stall door. This was the conversation I'd overheard while in the bathroom during lunch. The girls left pretty quickly, still talking about Honey. Only Girl two seemed to be uninterested.

But Honey changing? Was that true? Maybe I just hadn't noticed it.

After 6th hour, I left my class to go visit the Host Club. Azumi was coming with the Haruhi cake I'd baked yesterday.

"Rika-san."
I stopped at that annoying voice. Turning slowly, I smiled. "Ah, Funaki-san. What is it?"

"The Chess Club is that way." He pointed down the hall, opposite of where I was going. "Where do you think you're going?"

"There's something I have to pick up from my maid." I replied calmly. It was true after all. Suddenly, Minoru grabbed my right wrist and pulled me down a smaller hallway. "Fu-Funaki-san, what is it? What do you want?"

He pushed me against the wall, placing his two hands on both sides of me. What is this stupidly cliche position we're in? "What do you think you're doing, Rika-san? I saw you selling pictures of Ootori Kyoya. You're still helping the Host Club, aren't you? You haven't actually quit the club, am I right?" His hazel eyes drilled into mine, searching for the answers.

I stared straight back, maintaining as calm of a demeanor as possible. "I have quit the club, Funaki-san, and I was not helping the Host Club. I was selling the pictures for my own benefit. Besides, even if I did help the Host Club, it would be because I'm helping my friends that are in the Club. I may have joined the Chess Club, but most of my friends still remain there." I replied. Then I tried to lightly push him away.

He grabbed my left hand harshly in response, shoving me back against the wall. "Don't lie!" He hissed, sticking his face inches from mine. Ugh, why does he have to get so close? And-

"Ow!" I yelped, when his hand twisted my wrist the wrong way. My left wrist wasn't even fully healed yet. "M- My wrist! Ow, Funaki, it's still injured right now!"

"Tell me the truth." He said, ignoring my pained cries. "Who's your boyfriend?"

"Le-Let go!" I yelled, pushing him away roughly. He stumbled back a few steps but only yanked my wrist along with him.

Oh shit! That hurts!

My wrist was on fire. I squeezed my eyes shut. Ugh, the throbbing pain filled my mind. It was all that registered. I'd never dealt with much pain before, except for that one incident with the knife.

"Funaki-" I gasped. "Rika!"

Minoru was wrenched away from me, and the tight grip around my wrist was gone. I took a deep breath, as the pain slowly ebbed away.

"What the-" Minoru said, regaining his balance. "What do you think you're doing, Haninozuka?"

Mitsukuni stood next to me with a very serious expression. His right hand curled gently around mine. They were so completely different. Minoru was rough and pushy, while Mitsukuni was sweet and gentle.

I leaned against him, taking another deep breath. "Mitsukuni," I whispered in silent relief and slight joy. He glanced at me then squeezed my hand. "You alright?"
I nodded.
"Don't interfere, Haninozuka." Minoru said, glaring and stepping forward. "I'm Rika's fiancee."

"And what, that gives you the right to hurt her?" Honey replied in a sharp voice. His eyes narrowed into a dark expression I'd never seen before. "Since you're her fiancee, doesn't that mean you should respect her and love her even more? Come on, Rika. Let's go to the nurse's office."

"Wha-"
Honey tugged on my arm gently and smoothly led me away from Minoru. When I turned, I saw him glaring at us in seething rage. His eyes said enough: I won't forgive you for this.

I looked away, swallowing. Things were just going from bad to worse with Minoru. What more could possiblyhappen?

Honey was silent. Our linked hands dangled in between us as I kept pace with him. "Um, Mitsukuni? Are you alright?" I tilted my head to try and catch his eyes.

"Hurting you," His hand tightened around mine. "Unforgivable." "Mitsukuni," I said, but he was silent after that.

The nurse wrapped up my wrist to the point that I couldn't move it. Then she sat me down at an empty desk and plopped a bag of ice on my wrist.

"Sit there and don't move. You sprained your wrist, and you didn't ice it at all?" She said with a sigh. There were so many nurses and doctors here! Ah, Ouran is for the rich after all.

"Now the injury is even worse than before," I mumbled quietly, lying my head down in my arms. The ice was really cold on my wrist.

The nurse came back and slid a towel between the ice bag and my wrist. "That should help. Stay here as long as you'd like to."

I nodded and murmured my thanks. Honey sat down opposite me. He still hadn't said anything. "Mitsukuni, are you alright?" I asked again.

He frowned suddenly. "Argh! How could he! What a jerk!" He yelled, waving his arms around in a way that was very similar to a child throwing a tantrum. I smiled. It was quite adorable really, and I was glad he was saying something.

He laid his head in his arms, staring at me with a pout. "I can't believe he'd be like that. How could your mom choose someone like him?"

"It's the first time he's done something like that." I replied.

"Is he in any of your classes?" Honey asked.

I nodded. "Last one."

"If he ever does anything like that again," He said. "Make sure you hit him!"

I laughed. "Sure. Oh, Mitsukuni, I baked Haruhi's cake. Azumi's bringing it, and I wanted to share it with all of you."

"Oh. The chocolate one right?" Honey grinned. "I'm sure it's delicious as usual!"

I blushed. Geez, when was he so good at...complimenting? Or could this be considered flirting? Probably not, since we're only talking about cake. "Thanks. Should we go get the cake now then?"

"But your wrist it still..." He glanced at my bandaged wrist.

"It's fine."

"How about you stay here, and I go get the cake?" Honey asked, standing up.

"But I want to be there when you guys eat it." I said, standing up too. "So let me go with you."

Honey frowned, in deep thought. "How about you just go to the Host Club room, and I'll get the cake. And then we'll all be there!"

"Are you sure?"

He nodded and smiled. "Yeah! Don't worry! It's just cake after all. Bring the ice with you, okay?"

"Okay." I picked up the bag of ice, keeping it balanced on my wrist.

We parted and I headed for the Host Club room.

"Honey!"

Hah? That was a girl's voice. I whirled around towards the sound. Honey had just turned down another hallway. I headed back towards the corner to see what was going on. I was just curious, that's all.

"Oh, Honey! It's so great to see you all by yourself!"

Wait a minute. That voice. It sounds a lot like the Girl 3 I heard of in the bathroom. But...she sounded like she'd be the type to be all over him within a few seconds.

I peeked around the corner. Oh my-

She had super curly, dark brown hair. I couldn't quite see her eyes from here, but she was tall, very tall, and had quite the curvy body. Even curvier than Chiyo! And that's really saying something.

Argh.
And she was hugging Honey.

GAH what the hell do you think you're doing to my Honey?! Ahh, wait, he's not mine! I meant, what are you doing to Honey?!

"Uh, uh," Honey said, gently pushing away from her.
Oh well, it's not like he knows who she is anyway. "Aya-chan!" Honey grinned in his Host Club way. "Hello!" Damn it, he does.

"I was wondering where you were when I saw Mori walking around all by himself." Aya or whatever said with a pout.

This girl...

Honey giggled. "I'm going to get some cake!"

"Oh!" Aya clapped her hands together in delight and grinned. "Can I have some too? Can I come with you?"

"Of course!"

Who is this girl... How dare she...

Furthermore, that is my cake! You can't have any of my cake without my permission! Who wants you to eat any of my cake, huh?!

Honey turned and continued down the hallway. Aya smiled and followed after. Then she stopped, tilting her head in a questioning way, before spinning slowly around towards my direction.

I ducked my head out of view as fast as possible. Uh-oh. Hopefully she didn't see me... Well I guess she'll just assume I'm some stalker or weirdo. No! It's never good for people to think that of me! Of anyone who isn't a stalker or weirdo really!

Wait, I kind of am acting like a stalker and a weirdo.

Ah~ This is so depressing.

After a few more minutes, I glanced back. They were gone.

I hate this stupid Aya-chan! I'm starting to hate her more than Minoru! And I haven't even actually met her! Frowning, I headed towards the Host Club.

I hope I never have to meet her...

"Alright, the Haruhi cake is approved." Kyoya said, writing something down in his black notebook.

The Haruhi cake had been a sweet vanilla cake with whipped cream topping and half-strawberries lining it. Inside the cake there was a slightly melted layer of rich, dark chocolate, at 60% cocoa. It was the perfect mix of sweet and bitter, and it was absolutely delicious. I'd had to struggle with temperatures to get the chocolate to stay soft and not to harden.

I nodded with a dazed look. "Okay. I'll be going then." I grabbed my school bag and headed out. "Thanks, everyone."

"Uh, Rika-senpai," Haruhi said with a worried look. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Sure. Just, you know, reconsidering my life's purpose." I responded vaguely, though really, Aya-chan's face and voice just kept echoing annoyingly in my head. "I have to go play another boring, damn game of chess with some stranger whose name I don't give a fuck about. Oh my. Did I just say that? Why yes, I did. Oh who cares. Whatever. Bye."

I left a silent room. "Rika, hang on!"

I slowed to a stop, spinning around in the same daze. Usa-chan suddenly sprang into my vision. I jumped. "Ah!"

Honey's face appeared next to Usa-chan. He smiled. "Why don't you take Usa-chan with you? You don't seem to be feeling very well."

I shook my head. "It's fine. I don't need Usa-chan."

"But Usa-chan can help you!" Honey said in protest. He shoved her into my arms. "You better keep her safe, Rika! Bye now!" Then he dashed back into the Club room before I could say anything else.

Damn it, why was he so fast?

The Chess Club was well underway when I arrived, and even Minoru was there. Well I was much later than usual.

He stared at me for a moment but didn't say a word. Then he looked at Usa-chan in my arms and turned away in distaste. Yeah, go suck it you jackass!

"Hey!" K waved at me. "Come sit." She gestured at the empty seat opposite her. I nodded, sitting down and readjusting the ice bag on my wrist. She raised an eyebrow at my bandaged up wrist, and possibly Usa-chan, but didn't say anything. Good, not the nosy type, I suppose.

"I'm playing against you then?" I said, seating Usa-chan safely in my lap.
She nodded. "Yup. I'd like to see how good you are. I'm Ariwara Hatsumi, by the way."

Oh. Now I know her name. Well, if she's a really good chess player, I'll remember her name. And her face too, I guess.

"You can be white," she said. "I'm always black. Go ahead." I picked up my pawn.

An hour later, I stared at the chessboard in front of me. Unbelievable! Dang! Daaaaaang! Hatsumi smiled, but not in an arrogant way. It was more of amusement.

"I thought you'd be a bit better, Hayashi-san." She said with a sigh. "At least you put up a good fight."

I only had my king, a knight, and three pawns left on the board, and it was checkmate. She still had her queen, a bishop, five pawns, a knight, and a rook.

I kept staring. How did I- How did she-

I shook my head. Ugh, this sucks. This afternoon has just gone downhill. Karma for being so greedy and trying to make so much money off of Kyoya? Maybe. Well, lesson learned: never mess with Kyoya.

I sighed. Damn it.

"Don't feel too bad, Hayashi-san." Hatsumi said. "I'm the VP, after all. I'm the second best player. And I was told about your condition. If you beat every person in the club, you can play against Minoru-san. If you beat him, you don't have to come to the club."

I nodded, staring at her heart-shaped face dazedly. I played with Usa-chan's arms for a while, still trying to figure out how I had lost. I'd always been able to beat everyone in chess, except for Akane. She was a genius at chess. Well, at least, to me she was, and hat had been in middle school. It was true that this was western chess, so it was probably more popular in America than it was in Japan.

She leaned forward. "You better be able to beat me. I hope you know that I've played against Minoru-san, let's see, I think it was 247 times before I finally beat him. And the next game I played against him after that, I lost again. Do you understand now, Hayashi-san? You'll have to be able to easily beat me to be able to even challenge him. I'll help you out, since I'd like to see another person beat Minoru-san. So, whenever you want to, come challenge me. I'll gladly play against you."

She stood, picking up her schoolbag with another smile. "See you then, Hayashi-san." She waved and then headed out the door.

What the fuck.

She's only beaten Minoru once? Out of...what 250 times or something? Oh. I am so screwed. Minoru sucks. Damn him. What is his chess skill level? 1000? No, it must be over 9000!

Okay, Dragonball aside... I'll have to be able to beat Hatsumi to be able to compete against Minoru.

I sighed, standing up. The ice had melted into plain cold water. I tossed it into the nearby trashcan. Squeezing Usa-chan to my chest for reassurance and comfort, I made my way out the Chess Club room.

Ariwara Hatsumi. Long, light-orange hair with a pretty face and an elegant manner. Guess I'll have to remember her. Ah, whatever. Let's just go home now. I'm so tired.

I dropped by the Haninozuka home to return Usa-chan to Honey. I didn't want to see Honey, so I just passed the bunny to Mori. He had a somewhat worried expression and even patted my head kindly. I went back home after that. There was so much homework and studying to do. I can't wait for summer.

When I went to turn in all my checks, though, I found that my bank account had increased. Someone had written a check for me, and it was precisely the amount of money I had paid for the hospital.

It could have only been Mom's doing...

"Guys, you won't believe what happened to me yesterday!"

Holy shit. Is the world screwing with me here? Why is Girl 3 here? And this time, I'm out here at the sinks so I can see them! No, more importantly, they can see me.

"What?" Girl one.

"I met Honey yesterday! And he was all by himself! No Mori! Nobody, nu-uh!" Girl 3 said with an excited grin and exaggerated hand motions. I sighed quietly to myself. So damn annoying. Why can't they pick a better place to gossip?

Girl 2 sighed along with me.

"No way! That's so unfair! Argh, I want to get Honey alone too!" Girl 1. She was seriously whining about this. "Can't we ever talk about something different?" Girl 2 asked.

"You don't understand cause you've never been to the Host Club." Girl 1 was starting to get defensive. "Anyway, tell me! What did you do? What did you say? What did he say? Did he act any different? Was he more... manly?"

Manly? That's the best term you can think of?

"Not really, but I got to hug him! He's so cute and huggable! And I went to get cake with him too! From some maid. It was really weird. The maid was like, 'Why are you here, Haninozuka?' And Honey said something about how 'Ri-chan' couldn't come cause she injured her wrist again. That's so lame! In the end, he wasn't getting cake, like, delivered for him to eat! He was getting cake for some pathetic 'Ri-chan' that injured her wrist. Like what the hell is wrong with this girl?! How do you injure your wrist?!"

Um, I don't know. When your crazy fiancee twists it the wrong way?

Oh, but then again, the first time it was because I was being stupid and pissed off... So I guess she's right... sort of.

No! She can't be right! Anyway, why didn't Azumi say anything about this when I got home? And what am I supposed to do? I want to keep hearing them talk, but I can't possibly wash my hands long enough to last through their entire stupid conversation! And it's not like I have makeup-

Oh wait.

I reached into my school bag and pulled out a small pouch. So it was here... A makeup kit. Was this Azumi's doing? I know Mom got me several sets of makeup that I've never even touched before, so I suppose I'm not surprised to find this here in my school bag. Is wearing makeup considered a ladylike thing? Wouldn't Mom have been worried that I start wearing a ton of heavy makeup? Well it hasn't happened so far in these two- ish, three-ish years, so I guess that's why. Plus Mom could always just take the makeup away.

I unzipped the bag as Girl 3, or "Aya-chan," continued. "Anyway, so we just talked a bit. Like, I asked him what his favorite kind of cake is, and he said he likes all kinds of cakes."

Strawberry. He likes strawberries.

"Hey, I think I'm going to bake him a cake!" Girl 3 said suddenly. "What do you guys think? What kind of cake should I try?"

"You've never baked a cake before though," Girl 2 replied.

"Exactly!" Girl 3 nearly yelled with enthusiasm. I was applying some mascara as they talked. Thanks to watching Kimiko and the twins, I knew, somewhat, how to do this. "And when it turns out amazing, it'll be even better! Like, 'hey this is my first time baking a cake.' And it'll be impressive like that, you know?"

Pfft. This girl just keeps pissing me off. She obviously doesn't understand the amount of detail and effort that must be put into baking a good cake.

"Anyway, what kind?" Girl 3 asked.
"Why don't you just do a normal chocolate cake?" Girl 2 said.

"You might as well just hire someone to bake one for you." Girl 1 said. "Then it'll be guaranteed that the cake is good."

"But I really do want to bake a cake for him!" Girl 3 insisted. At least, she's genuine, unlike that Girl 1. "Anyway, what was really annoying was that, he went into the Host Club room with the cake! Because it was before hosting hours and stuff. But I'd ask to have some of the cake! It really did look good. And there was even this red rose on it that was really pretty and lots of strawberries. But I ended up not having any of it!"

Haha, Honey asked me if you could have some, and I said no. Hahaha, I'm so evil. Well actually, I used the excuse of "We want these Host Cakes to be a surprise!" Kyoya hasn't started advertising them yet, so no one knows about these Host Cakes. So, it wouldn't be good if the info was leaked right?

Plus in the end, Honey ate most of it...
"And I asked him about the cake during hosting hours, and he said that he ate it all!" Girl 3 said. Girl 2 laughed. "It's Honey, right? What did you expect?"
"You're still so lucky!" Girl 1. "I wish I got a chance like that."

"I wonder why he was by himself in the first place." Girl 3. "And, what's even more annoying is, I hung around after he went in, and I heard him calling for that Ri-chan! Saying things like, 'I got the cake! It looks delicious!' And I heard the other Hosts in there too! Who is this annoying girl? Why was she even in there with them? We don't get to go in, so what gives her the right to?"

"I think that's Hayashi Rika." Girl 2.

Oh crap. Maybe I should leave before they find out that I've been here this entire time. Maintaining my speed at a constant rate so as to not attract sudden attention, I packed away the makeup.

"Who the hell is that?" Girl 3. "I'd like to see her fall flat on her face right in front of me." Guess these feelings of hate are mutual. That's reassuring. It's hard to hate someone that likes you.

"You don't know her?" Girl 1.

I entered a stall near them. Luckily, the bathrooms were a pretty busy place. There were always girls there, redoing their makeup and dealing with their bladders. But how can they have such a long conversation here? Like is this their favorite gossip spot? I seriously don't get it. They're monopolizing those sinks over there!

Ah, but then again this bathroom is huge. It's like ten times larger than our gang's clubroom.

"Her parents are the owners of Hayashi Sweets and Oshiro Press and the Oshiro Bookstores." Girl 2. "They're rich and powerful. She's apparently very smart and cute too."

Girl 3 scoffed. "Ha, what is she, a first year?"

"No, a third year." Girl 2.

"So then that cake must have been from Hayashi Sweets." Girl 1. "She might have bribed Honey with cake."

"Whatever!" Girl 3. "Once Honey tries my cake, he won't want to hang out with that pathetic girl. I still don't get how she could be in there!"

"I heard she's friends with them." Girl 1. "She hosted for a while actually, but then quit because..."

Their voices finally faded away. I waited a while longer until I was positive that they were gone, before leaving the stall to wash the makeup off my face. I doubt I'd done a good job.

What the hell. It's her. Again.

That Aya girl. Why?! Is the world messing with me here? Is this still part of the punishment for making money off of Kyoya? I swear, oh great big world, I won't do it again! Just get that Aya girl out of my - and Honey's - life and I will be content.

I sighed. I was standing by the Host Club doors watching the Host Club proceedings. I was done with Chess Club, and it was, thank God, Thursday.

I can't wait for this week to be over. But, ugh, there's a history test I have to study for. And then exams are coming up next, next week. And I still can't sleep very well. I'm so damn tired but I just can't fall asleep. Why? This is so so so...sad.

I sighed again, slouching over.

I hate that girl. I hate being able to hear Honey's "Aya-chan!" from over here. I hate this feeling I keep getting whenever I see her with Honey. I hate seeing her hug him. I hate seeing him offer cake to her.

Hate! Agh I'm so full of hate!

I pushed the doors opened to leave. Time to go home, I guess. Maybe I'll stop by the park to just sit there. The weather is nice today.

I wandered down the hall slowly before leaning against the wall. I heard, maybe, the doors open. Probably just some Host Club guest going to the bathroom.

I sighed. Ah, why am I feeling so depressing and gloomy and mopey? If this were an anime, I'd have a gloomy aura surrounding me. Those purple and blue ones with swirls and lines...

I slid down to sit on the ground, pulling my knees toward my chest. Then I buried my head in my arms. Then I heard a familiar giggle. "Ri-chan, what are you doing?"

Even though he was close to me during the first four hours of the day, I still missed him. Especially when compared to that stupid Minoru!

I raised my head up slowly.

Honey was there, sitting next to me with his usual, cheery grin. Just seeing his bright face made traces of a smile appear.

"Mitsukuni," I said slowly. Then I remembered what I'd been thinking earlier, and I ducked my face back into my arms. Gah, so stupid! Feeling jealous just because of that girl...Argh! Damn you Aya-chan! My face flushed from embarrassment and mild anger.

"What's wrong? Why didn't you come in?" Honey asked, in concern. He's such a nice guy. He's so sweet and caring, and he really notices lots of things.

I sighed quietly. At this rate, I was going to lose all of my soul. "Nothing," I mumbled.
"But you look really...sad," Honey said.

I sneaked a peek at him. He was leaning towards me. When he caught my gaze, he grinned. "Come on. You

I sneaked a peek at him. He was leaning towards me. When he caught my gaze, he grinned. "Come on. You can tell me!"

"No." I tightened my grip on my sleeves. "It's stupid. And selfish."

"That's okay!"

I stood up abruptly, snatching up my school bag. "I have to go, Mitsukuni. See you tomorrow."

"Wait!"

Honey's hand wrapped around my wrist gently. He pulled me in the opposite direction. While debating whether or not to jerk my hand away, he had led me down the hallway and to another one.

"Remember when you told me to tell you if you were ever doing something I didn't like?" Honey asked. His expression was strange. It looked... He looked so sad and painful. I lost all will to fight him then.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I already knew what he had to say.

"I don't like what you're doing right now, Rika." He said fiercely, staring straight into my eyes. His grip on my right wrist tightened. His hand was warm. "Please tell me what's wrong."

But how could I? How could I say that I was jealous of all those girls in there? I had no right to. We were just friends. A fake couple. And how stupid was that? Being jealous of them, when I got to spend so much time with him?

I shook my head, refusing to meet his gaze. "But it's so stupid!" It sounded like I was whining. Why was I whining about something stupid like this? I might as well tell him. No, I should twist it around a bit.

"It's not stupid if it's bothering you this much." Honey said gently. Why is he so good at coaxing me?

"I'm jealous, okay?" I replied, glancing up briefly. His eyes were warm, as usual, but they didn't have the typical spark of innocence and liveliness. I turned away, breaking eye contact. "O-Of... y-you and everyone in the Host Club. Ca-Cause you guys get to have fun everyday, while I'm at Chess Club. And Chess Club is so boring, and I don't like it. The President there isn't the nicest. There's only a few people there that I know and like. Actually, like two or three people... and... Do you see what I mean by it's stupid?"

I bit my lip, admiring my brown shoes. They were just so interesting right now, you know? Like, so much more pleasing to my eyeballs than who-knows-what expression Honey's making right now.

I felt Honey's hand loosen, and, for some strange reason, I felt sad and disappointed. Then his hand brushed my arm lightly. What?

He pulled me into a hug abruptly, wrapping his arms around my neck. I gasped quietly. Wh-What?! "Mitsu-Mitsukuni?" I said.
"Sorry, I just feel like doing this." He replied. His breath tickled my ear, and I smiled at the odd sensation. Gah, I am definitely, definitely blushing! If anyone finds us here though!

Oh well. Heehee. He's hugging me. He's hugging me!

I wrapped my own arms around him. This was nice. If we could just stay here like this... maybe he could take away all the depressing thoughts inside of me. Maybe I'll be able to sleep well tonight.

"There's nothing wrong with feeling jealous, Rika." Honey said.

I chuckled in embarrassment. "It-It's nothing. When I think about it, it was kinda stupid. It's fine. I don't really care right now." Probably because I'm melting in your arms...

"Next time, please tell me." "Okay."
"Whatever it is, please tell me." "Okay."

"And I'll try and help in whatever way I can." He pulled back with a kind smile.

"Then you tell me any of your troubles too." I replied, smiling back. "Deal?"

He nodded. "Mm!"

And... time for the awkward silence. Yup, awkward. I forced another smile. "Thanks for your worries, Mitsukuni. I'll be going then." Then I walked briskly away from Honey. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 2.2K 14
Mizura lives her life be her family's only rule. While it may seem harsh, she has no trouble following it. Then she meets the loveable Mitsukuni Hani...
108K 2.7K 28
A girl who dances to the emotions she feels, instead of the music that plays. She is alone and is afraid to be happy. This lovely maiden is famous fo...
2.9K 83 12
She went to make friends, but found something more.
1.1K 90 19
Haruhi was a full time host club member one day she meets a new transfer, his name is kyoya ootori. Tamiki is madley in love with haruhi but she neve...