It Just Wasn't The Right Time...

By VickyAruwa03

He'd just walked away from the breakup of their long time band, and she just barely survive her horrible enga... More

It Just Wasn't The Right Time For Niley (Nick And Miley)
Napkin?
The Night After Halloween
Deception
Round 1, 2...and 3!!??
Joe and Nick, fight! Who'll win?
Old Friends rehooked anew
Joe! What did you do?
Revenge
You, Sweety, Have Got It Baaaad
Kevin And Dani Jonas
I Am Not Calling Nick
Breakfast With Olivia
Emotions
Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood
Odd One Out (triple Oh)
Deception Part 2
Hitting An All Time Low
Welcome To The World, Baby Rose
The Surprise!
The Kiss
It's Just You...Only You
A Night with Blanda
The Morning After
We Need To Talk...
Are You Cheating On Me?
Conversation And Accusations
The Call
You Must Choose...
"She Grew Up To Be Me"
Never Change
No Peanut Butter After Midnight
Tiny Love
Blanda's Plan
Amber Alert
Leaving...
Miley's Coming Back!!
Surprise Guest

Calls And Messages

1.4K 32 6
By VickyAruwa03

It's been two months since the broken engagement and if not for music video's and what not I HAVE NOT been able to leave the house, it was just too humiliating! Not only was the breakup eating me away inside, it had to be the international story everywhere right now. Why can't people just understand that I want to be left the Goddamn hell alone!

I was sitting on my couch practically inhaling bars upon bars of chocolate and heaping down scoops of ice cream down my throat. I wasn't depressed...this was how I spent most of my Sundays. I looked at the TV, half heartily watching John Tucker Must Die, it just wasn't as satisfying as it used to be.

I picked one of my phones up from the couch cushion next to me and looked at the screen. My Dad had been calling me non stop since the breakup, fearful that i myt try something foolish, Being engaged that long and not ending up married was the foolish thing. He kept telling me that the breakup wasn't my fault, ya right, and that Liam was a fool for even letting me go, he practically slammed the door behind me, and that no matter what he still loved me and supported any decision I make. Except of course my VMA performance, now that he didn't support in any way, shape, or form! He actually grounded me till he realized that we didn't live under the same roof anymore. But that my Dad, Billy Ray Cyrus...a friend, critic, preacher, and all around good man. I wouldn't know what to do, nay, i would be NOTHING with out the love, strength, and support he's provided me through out the years, even if the recent ones have been a pain in his behind.

And their it was, under the text message icon their was a cute little number '1', typical predictable Dad, always feeling the urger to-

....the message wasn't from dad...

IT WAS FROM NICK!!!

My thumb couldn't reach the icon quick enough, cause just as the message bubble pooped out their was and incoming call that blocked it. Don't you just hate that!?

*Incoming call....Dad*

I took a deep breath, Nick's message can wait, my father just needed to check to make sure his little girl was fine. Clicking on the green accept button I lifted the phone to my right ear and settled down into the couch for the long conversation to begin.

beeeeeeep, click ..."Hey Smiley"

"Hey daddy...."

* * * * *

I shouldn't have done that, should have just quietly forgotten what happened and slip out of her memory. But I just couldn't HELP it, have you ever felt this irresistible urge to just do something that just no good for you???

I'd wanted to drive by her place and use one of those "Hey I was just in the neighborhood" lines, but i quickly killed that thought. Next I though of Video chat but that would make me seem like a creep, calling was out because didn't it seem alil needy...didn't it?

So I settled for the simplest form of 21st century communication, a text message. But right after I hit the send button my mind just realized a thousand and one reasons why I shouldn't have sent the message. She could think I was too chicken not to talk to her in person, or she might think I was trying to hard, or worst of all she my see my name, laugh, and delete the thing without seeing it.

I instantly wished someone would make an app that could reach into other peoples phones and delete any all embarrassing things you might have sent.... okay now I'm starting to sound like a little girl. Leaving my phone in the kitchen I wondered into my room, grabbed the towel I left on the bed and walked into the bathroom. As i turned on I shower a sickening thought occurred to me, with it in mind i ran back through the house and grabbed my phone off the counter and looked at the screen...

...nothing, with a sigh i realized that I wouldn't have peace of mind if she called and I wasn't their to answer. The a more pressing realization occurred.... i was butt naked....

Rushing back from once I came I throw the phone onto the bed and jumped into the shower, till I realized that it was ice cold water running out and jumped back out. Laughing I switched the tab back to hot and waited then put my hand back in to make sure the temperature was suitable.

I left the door a crack open and went about my business, little did I know that my phone was on vibrate and the full spray of the shower drowned out its veep, veeeep, veeeeeeeeeep sound.

* * * * * * *

Typical Dad, always worrying about every little thing that happened to me. The engagement is off! Get over it! It's not like people hadn't seen it coming or that it wasn't practically my fault. STUPID stupid Miley, never learns! Then the rage came, as it always did when I start to remember.

Everything was going GREAT, we had our whole life planned out. I already saw myself at the age of 30 with 2 kids and the best career ever with the best husband ever. But unknown to me was that I would've been a 30 year old 'where-are-they-now' star with screaming kids while my 'hubby' was off hitting off any blonde that came by him. Why did you think I changed my hair color in the first place? I DON'T EVEN LIKE BLOND!

But I still did it, everything I've done was to get him out of my life, but it only worked half way. He'll always have a place in my heart, He'll always be mine in ways I can never describe. But how can I be with someone I could never be able to fully trust? That's what the media didn't get, they expected us to stay the perfect couple despite our problems, they expected me to just get over it and move on. He said I should get over it and move on.

And now he was out shooting Catching Fire while I was here try not to have a severe celebrity mental breakdown! You need to move on! I yelled at my self, forget about everything! forget about the past, it'll will only haunt you further...

But how could I move on when I'm seen as the train wreck waiting to happen. And the worst part- the part I never thought about while I was being all 'Crazy Miley'- was that I wont be able to stop....

I can't go back to former Miley, not yet. I like this new me even thought I hurt those closest to me. My fans are horrified when ever they type my name on Google on their computer, my parents are constantly fighting my battles, while I sit at home and mop. I stood up fiercely and tighten my fists, NO! I will not be a victim, if people wanna talk, well, like Victoria Duffiel's song says "let them talk" !

So sitting back on the couch I did exactly what Liam had advised me to do when he stood outside my door when he walked away.... I'm moving on.

I looked at my phone and found Nicks message had popped up;

                      Hey Miley!

Haven't heard from you in a while! Hope you ain't dead! I kinda hoped you'd be free to talk or to hang out? Or not, if you still got stuff to do. Anyway, whatever you decide you know where to reach me.

                                                                                                                        XOXO

I had the most ridiculously goofy smile on my face EVER! The next thing I did just came second nature...

                          *********Calling Nick*********

*************************************************************************************************************************

''Gosh! I really needed that shower!" I said to no one in particular. Coming out of the bathroom a rubbed the towel over my head as I had a confident smile on my lips, she's gonna call back. I chanted quiet confidently, walking over to the bed I picked up the phone and felt my heart at my feet,

One Missed Call

How could I have missed that??? Then I saw the vibrate icon at the top of my phone was visible and I mentally face-palmed myself. I felt chills to the bones, she called me and I didn't answer, SHE FREAKING CALLED ME AND I DIDN'T ANSWER!

She'd think I was being a snob, or she'd think that I regret texting her. NO, NO ,NO I did not want her to think that! Ready to call her back I saw, to my greatest satisfaction, that the missed call was from Joe.

"Always being the cause of my heart problems" I muttered. I didn't want to call him back but he'd just keep bugging me till I did. I'll just make it quick, I decided. I wouldn't want Miley to actually call back and miss it while I was talking to the worlds biggest Dick, note the capital 'D'.

While the phone rang and connected I said, "What do ya want?"

"Is that anyway to great your big bro?" Joe's gruff voice said over the speaker. I walked to the kitchen and had the phone on speaker while I made myself a PB&J.

"Get on with it" I said loudly, to make sure he heard me while my head was in the fridge.

"A little birdie told me that you and Miley bumped into each other" he said ever so calmly.

I dropped the jar of peanut butter.

"WHAT THE HELL KINDA BIRDIE TOLD YOU THAT!" I stated more then asked.

"You know I'll never tell you so quit staling and start talking."

"Argh!" That's Joe for you, he maybe the cool rocker outside, but he was the jerk older brother at home. "I met her at the coffee shop! Thats all!"

"You really expect me to believe that you just so "happened'' to meet each other at a public place? Ya right!  Nicholas Jerry Jonas you were stalking her!" Joe yelled. I ran to the phone and picked it up and switched off the speaker for fear of someone actually hearing him.

"What! NO!" That's creepy and I'd never do that!" Told you Joe was a jerk...to me anyway.

"Uh-hun" he sounded unconvinced. "What will you give me to keep my mouth shut?"

Damn! Have I mentioned I wish I was an only child? "What do you want" he'd only calls me and makes these treat if he wanted something really badly.

"You'll find out soon enough, just remember that you owe me one" he emphasized.

I sighed, this wasn't going to be a walk in the park. "Fine, just don't tell Kevin and Dani" I practically begged.

"Cmon lil bro, give me some credit" then the line was disconnected. Man! He really knew how to control a person. I was gonna have to be careful from now on cause Joe could pop up at any moment and demand outrageous things.

As I dropped the phone I just barely missed the call that had just entered.

**************Incoming Call*****************

                    Miley Cyrus

"Hey Miles!" I practically yelled at the phone, I had to calm down and battled the clown sized smile on my face.

"Hey Nick! How's it going?"

"Good, good and you?"

"Great! em..."

Refusing to allow an awkward silence to descend I quickly said "So you got my message?" Stupid thing to say, but still a conversation starter.

"Yeap, got it right before my dad called"

"So...." I said hoping to coax her into saying something.

"I thought we could go....do something?" Gosh, Nick would never know the mental anguish it took me to do this, Miley thought.

"Sure, what do ya wanna do?"

"I dunno, anything you wanna do"

"Okay, I'll get back to you by the end of the week" It was Wednesday, so by Friday I could plan the perfect thing.

"End of the week Friday? Or end of the week Sunday?" Miley asked.

"You know the week ends by Friday/Saturday"

"It ends by Sunday! And you know it!" Miley argued gleefully.

"No the WEEK begins by Sunday"

"Nu-uh! By which calendar?"

"Babe by mine!"

There was a bit of silence then I heard laughter, "See you whenever you figure out a date Nick"

"Sure,...cool, okay. I'll give you the details soon"

"Cool, but question?"

"What is it?"

"Is this a date" she asked ever so sweetly.

"ER...." My brain went into momentary shock. "Lets wait till the end of the date and find out"

"Nick?"

"Ya?"

".......you just called it a date" she laughed.

"Sorry..."

"Don't apologize"

"Okay"

"so....bye"

"Bye, see you then"

             ******************click****************************

_________________________________________________________________________________

I KNOW YOU GUYS WANNA KILL ME BUT EXAMS HAVE JUST ENDED AND NOW I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

So now down to business. 200+ REEEEEAAAAADS!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

I know this story ain't that good and some of you guys might not like how I made Joe look...do you or don't you???

Feel free to give me comments, or advise on how to get my books out there.

And just remember, I appreciate every one of your reads, and comments and I LOVE all your votes!!!.....even though they 8 ;c

But still love, love, LOVE!!!

~It's Ya Gal Vicky!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.1K 131
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
196K 10.3K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
372K 22.3K 80
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
780K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.