Him and Me.

By yoyopay

Kayla Johnson has lived a good high school life. She is relatively liked by everyone, and she tries to be nic... More

Him and Me.
Him and Me- One.
Him and Me- Two.
Him and Me- Three.
Him and Me- Four.
Him and Me- Five.
Him and Me- Six.
Him and Me- Seven.
Him and Me- Eight.
Him and Me- Nine.
Him and Me- Ten.
Him and Me- Eleven.
Him and Me- Twelve.
Him and Me- Thirteen.
Him and Me- Fourteen.
Him and Me- Fifteen.
Him and Me- Sixteen.
Him and Me- Seventeen.
Him and Me- Eighteen.
Him and Me- Nineteen.
Him and Me- Twenty.
Him and Me- Twenty One.
Him and Me- Twenty Two.
Him and Me- Twenty Three.
Him and Me- Twenty Four.
Him and Me- Twenty Five.
Him and Me- Twenty Seven.
Him and Me- Twenty Eight.
Him and Me- Twenty Nine.
Him and Me- Thirty.
Him and Me- Thirty One.
Him and Me- Thirty Two.
Him and Me- Thirty Three.
Him and Me- Thirty Four.
Him and Me- Thirty Five.
Him and Me- Thirty Six.
Him and Me- Thirty Seven.
Him and Me- Thirty Eight.
Him and Me- Thirty Nine.
Him and Me- Forty Part 1.
Him and Me- Forty Part 2.
Him and Me- Forty One.
Him and Me- Forty Two.
Him and Me- Forty Three.
Him and Me- Forty Four.
Him and Me- Forty Five.
Side Story- Colby and Kyle.
Him and Me- Forty Six.
Him and Me- Forty Seven.
Him and Me- Forty Eight.
Forty Nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-One.
Fifty-Two.
Fifty Three.
Fifty four.
Fifty Five.
Epilogue.
Extra

Him and Me- Twenty Six.

345K 2.9K 644
By yoyopay

Just like that, a week had passed. Classes had been going smooth. Colby and I were placed together as volunteers in class. According to Mrs. E, she placed Colby with me because I was the one volunteering for the longest and would be the best to teach Colby how to get around. Frankly I thought Colby talked to Mrs. E for him to be placed with me, just so he could avoid Fiona.

So far, it seemed to me that Colby didn’t need my help at all. He had been doing a fantastic job with the kids. Jill was responding to him very well, as all the other kids in our class. It was such a pleasure to watch, and I felt my heart be filled with joy at every smile, laugh, and response he generated from the children.

It was almost like watching my dad with the kids.

Colby had been known now as Mr. Clown, and sometimes me and even Mrs. E call him that. He didn’t seem to mind. In fact, he already accepted the name.

He didn’t wear the clown suit anymore, though. I had to take a mental note to remind the kids to ask Colby to wear it again. He wouldn’t be able to say no.

I smiled as I recalled the events this past week. It was such a good thing that the first week of classes went by without much hassle. All the kids had been behaving quite remarkably. The classes lasted for a month, and I hoped that the good string would continue for three more weeks.

Me and Colby had been returning to the diner every day. And every day we saw the same group of people—the elderly couple, the old pals, and Aaron. The kid was still a bit shy towards me, but he was slowly loosening up. He said he hadn’t done what Colby had told him yet, but he was planning to do it anyway. Aaron said he might even get help from his mom, and at that his normally pale face turned red. He certainly was one of the cutest boys I’ve ever seen.

I never wanted to be a cheerleader, but I was one for Aaron. That adorable kid. I really wished he would be able to gather the courage to talk to the girl he liked, and prayed that the girl would not reject him.

Colby and I encouraged Aaron, and we were set to next week to track his progress. I had to admit I was nervous for him, but I was excited as well. I couldn’t wait to see and talk to the kid again.

It was a Saturday afternoon, and I was sitting on the couch in the living room, watching Matty play Guitar Hero. He looked to be such in a deep concentration, it was ridiculous. I found myself laughing discreetly at his courageous attempts at the expert level of Psychobilly Freakout. He could barely complete that song on the easy level. When his fifth attempt led to failure, he growled.

“What a stupid game,” Matty complained, removing the guitar strap from his shoulder before slumping into the couch next to me.

I bit back a laugh. “How could you even try that song at the expert level? You know it’s really hard even on the easy one.”

He huffed. “I’m always up for a challenge.”

“Right, and after the fifth failed try you give up,” I replied with an eye roll.

Matty just frowned at me, before reaching over the coffee table for a bag of chips. He opened it and took a handful, shoving it into his mouth. I wrinkled my nose.

“You should really learn how to eat properly,” I commented.

His response was to grab more chips, shove them in his mouth, and chew loudly.

How mature.

I was about to tell him just that when I heard my phone buzz on the coffee table, making vibrating noises as it shook against the wooden surface. Leaning over I reached for it quickly, knowing that the idiotic mind of my brother might think of reaching for my phone as well. True enough, judging by the slightly annoyed look on his face and his semi-outstretched arm, I was right.

Fighting the urge to stick my tongue out at Matty, I leaned back against the couch, twisting my body as far from my brother as possible to avoid him peeking at my phone. I barely managed to bring the phone up to my face when Matty’s hand suddenly shot towards the gadget. Luckily I was able to move it out of the way and I jumped out of the couch in the process.

“Learn to behave like an adult, too!” I exclaimed before turning to run.

“I am an adult!” Matty called out, and I rolled my eyes as I reached the bottom of the staircase. Yeah right.

Taking two steps at a time, I climbed up and proceeded to my room. As I plopped down on the bed, I held my phone up and opened the message.

Hey Kayla. How are you? Basketball camp’s fun, but I miss hanging out with you. Hope everything’s fine. See you soon.

I felt a blush creep across my cheeks, and my lips formed a small smile. I curled my feet beneath my legs and then typed a reply.

Hey Kyle. Glad to know you’re having fun. Play fair, and don’t break any ankles!

Leaning back against the wall, I grabbed a pillow and placed it on my legs, setting my phone on top of it. After a few seconds my phone buzzed, and I read Kyle’s response.

Haha, don’t worry, I won’t. We’re going to do exercises now. Talk to you soon. I miss you.

A huge smile spread across my face. Kyle was being his usual self—nice and sweet. I was about to reply, but then I heard Matty’s voice shouting from downstairs. I frowned at the sound. My room was located at the end of the hall, and still I could hear my brother roar. Sighing, I lifted myself up off the bed and went over to my door, opening it just in time to hear Matty yell my name. Loud.

“What?” I screeched back as I jogged over to the top of the staircase, annoyed. I didn’t want to shout louder than I had to inside my own house, unlike some stupid person, who happened to be my brother.

“You have a visitor,” Matty said in that booming voice.

A visitor? My eyebrows scrunched as I made my way down the stairs, curious, Matty’s loud voice forgotten. Who would visit me at 3 in the afternoon?

Walking the length of the hall, I stopped a couple of feet behind Matty. His body was blocking the view of the opened front door, on which he was leaning against. My visitor was still standing outside. Matty didn’t even invite my visitor inside the house. How very hospitable.

I cleared my throat, making my brother turn his head slightly to face me. I shot him a hard glare, and tried to squeeze in the small space between him and the opening. It was common practice for people who had visitors to actually be able to see them. Matty, being his usual self, angled his body in such a way that it would be impossible for me to get through. Crossing my arms over my chest, I gave him a kick on the back of his knee.

“Ouch!” He cried out as he turned around with a glare and rubbed the back of his knee. I rolled my eyes. It was a total exaggeration. I didn’t kick him that hard.

“You were blocking the front door,” I said in a bored tone. That earned me another death glare, a one which I met with a sweet smile. Matty was such a distraction that I didn’t even notice who my visitor was, until a voice spoke.

“Didn’t I tell you to keep your violence in check?”

Peering around Matty, who was still rubbing the back of his knee and was mumbling under his breath, a pair of amused green eyes met mine.

Matty suddenly gave my ponytail a tug, making me turn around to sock his arm, but he was already hobbling down the hall. I shook my head as I smoothed down my ponytail, which had become slightly lopsided, thanks to my very mature older brother. Turning back around, I saw Colby standing there, swaying on the balls of his feet.

Cue in the smirk.

“I swear, you’re going to hurt someone seriously with those kicks of yours.”

I gave him a mocking smile in return. “Ha ha very funny.”

Stuffing his hands on the pocket of his jeans, Colby’s smirk grew wider. “I’m glad you agree.”

Deciding to ignore his comment, I crossed my arms over my chest as I leaned against the door. “What’s up? What are you doing here?”

He shrugged. “I was bored.”

I raised an eyebrow. He was bored. Was I someone whom bored people go to?

Before I could reply, Colby bent down slightly to retrieve several plastic bags that were laying against his feet. I didn’t even notice those bags, but I could tell they were takeaways. He lifted the bags and swayed them slightly. He smiled. The real smile.

“So, what do you say to movies and Chinese takeaway?”

*****

Beside me, I could hear Colby’s steady breathing. Our Chinese takeaway boxes lay forgotten on the floor. The coffee table was moved aside in order for us to see the TV while sitting on the floor with our backs leaning against the couch. One throw pillow was perched on top of my lap, my legs stretched out in front of me. Colby had one leg folded at the knee, the other stretched out in front of him too. He still held his chopsticks, somewhat limply, in his hand. Both of our eyes were fixed on the screen, totally engrossed with Toy Story 3. Best movie of the series, in my opinion.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched Woody, Buzz, Jesse, and the others hold hands as they were plunging down slowly towards the incinerator. This was one of the most touching moments in the movie, and it showed the audience something—to never leave your friends behind, and to be there for each other no matter what.

I took a deep breath, trying to control the welling in my eyes. I heard Colby chuckle gently, and heard shuffling sounds. He must’ve moved. It was confirmed when I felt the fabric of his shirt brush against my shoulder, and his warm breath close to my ear.

“It’s ok, Kayla, we know they will live,” he said in a low tone, laced with amusement.

My eyes still on the screen, I turned my head away slightly. Colby’s breath tickled my ear. I brought my index finger against my lips, making a shushing motion. Out the corner of my eye, I saw him shook his head and with one last chuckle, resumed his former position, though he was now seated much closer to me, our thighs almost touching.

We remained relatively quiet through the rest of the movie. There were moments of laughter in between, and when Andy finally said goodbye to his toys, I couldn’t help the tears the rolled down my cheeks. What could I say? Animated movies made me cry.

As the credits roll, I felt Colby’s arm brushed my shoulder as he stretched, chopsticks still in hand. He grabbed his half-eaten Chinese takeaway box, and started to eat again. Oh, and he had two hotdog sandwiches before we had watched half of the movie. This boy’s appetite was humongous. Chuckling to myself, I grabbed my takeaway box too. I still had about a quarter of the box left to eat. I picked up my chopsticks, which were laying on a napkin on the floor, and began to attack my Chinese friend rice with chorizo.

“Best movie in the Toy Story series,” Colby mumbled in between bites.

I smiled. It wasn’t that surprising now. Colby and mine’s weird mind connection. I mumbled an agreeable hum, and picked a chorizo from the box, guiding it to my mouth. Yummy.

Colby finished his box in less than two minutes, while I still carried on eating. He had laid his head on the couch, making his eyes see the ceiling of the den. His head turned to the left, facing me.

“Another movie?” He asked.

Shrugging, I ate the last few morsels of rice from the box. I didn’t like wasting food, so I tried not to leave leftovers.

“What you got?” I asked back as I set my empty box beside me.

Lifting his head and back from the couch, Colby grabbed the plastic bag laying beside him, and fished out a three cases. He held the cases on his hands like they were a deck of cards. He reviewed the titles first, before turning the cases to face me.

“We have here Kung Fu Panda, Happy Feet, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

My eyebrows rose as I tucked my feet underneath my legs. “Where did Eternal Sunshine come from?”

He propped up his chin against the cases and grinned. “That’s from my movie collection. The rest are from Cam’s. That copy of Toy Story 3 is mine, though.”

A surprised expression came over my face, and I blinked. “You like the movie?”

“Like? Kayla, Eternal Sunshine is one of my most favorite movies,” Colby replied.

My mouth dropped open. “Mine too!”

Colby laughed. He set the two movies down on the floor, leaving the copy of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on his hand.

“Surprised huh? You didn’t think a badass like me would actually like an intelligently made and awe striking movie,” he said, a teasing tone in his voice as he waved the case in the air.

The surprise was replaced by sheepishness. Actually, what Colby said was true. I wouldn’t have thought of him liking those kinds of movies, but hey. I had already learned how Colby wasn’t a typical guy teen. Somewhat though, the surprises kept on coming. Judging from the small smile on Colby’s face, everything was good. I returned the smile back.

After adjusting the throw pillow on my lap, I rested my elbow against it, propping my chin in my hand. “Favorite scene?” I asked.

Colby’s bottom lip stuck out as he thought of an answer. He tapped the case against his knee as he thought. Looked like he was having a hard time thinking of a scene. Honestly, I would have a hard time, too.

Finally, he spoke. “Tough question.”

Then he flashed me a cheeky grin. “Kirsten Dunst dancing in her undies.”

My nose wrinkled in disgust, and Colby chuckled. “I’m just kidding. I don’t even like her!”

When he saw my still sour face, hurriedly he added, “I’d have to say it would be the scene at the bookstore, and the ‘Meet me at Montauk’ scene.”

Kirsten Dunst forgotten, I placed my hands on my cheeks, suddenly feeling overwhelmed as I thought about my favorite scene.

“Mine is the scene where Joel and Clementine were in bed together and she was saying that she was ugly and how she had a doll and she kept telling the doll that it can't be ugly and it needs to be pretty, but then Joel told her she’s beautiful and started kissing her. It was so sweet!”

I sighed, and I didn’t care whether Colby would laugh at me or not. That scene was so sweet and beautiful, I tear up just thinking about it!

“I love the ‘Meet me at Montauk’ scene, too!” I exclaimed. “Well, I love the whole movie!”

True enough, Colby laughed. “You’re way too cute when you’re excited.”

Pouting, I pointed a finger at him. “You should know! It’s Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind!”

“I know, I know!” Colby said. “I love the whole movie.”

“Me too!” I sang out. Colby laughed harder. I knew he was laughing at the way I was acting now, but frankly, I didn’t care. I was too excited and was anticipating of watching the movie. It would be the nth time that I would see it yet it was like seeing it for the first time.

“I love that movie too,” came a loud voice from the den’s opening.

My head whipped around to see Matty with his arms crossed over his chest, leaning against the wall frame. He smirked.

“In fact, I love it so much I think I’m gonna watch it with you guys,” he added.

He then proceeded to walk towards me and Colby, and stopped when he was in front of us, blocking the TV. He then poked a foot out and nudged Colby’s leg, signaling Colby to scoot to the right. My brother sat between us, and all I could do was stare, the excitement worn off, replaced by shock and annoyance. Colby’s face bore a mixture of amusement and traces of disbelief.

What the heck was Matty doing? One, he had not watched the movie. Ever. It could not be one of his favorites. Two, he was supposed to be upstairs, in his room, sweet talking Lily. He should not be in the den, sitting between Colby and I, and ruining this moment.

Matty then looked at us back and forth, an expectant look on his face. “Are we going to watch the movie, or what?”

I bit my lip. It was all I could do to keep from yanking Matty’s hair off.

Colby shot me a glance from behind Matty’s head. I frowned slightly, and watched as Colby got up and replaced the disc on the DVD player. As the movie started to load, Colby walked back to his place on the floor and sat there. I couldn’t tell if he was annoyed, or just amused. All I knew was that I was annoyed by the nosiness of my brother.

I poked Matty’s side, making him slightly jump. He looked over at me, a big mocking smile on his face. It was one of those smiles wherein the teeth didn’t show, the eyes were down to slits, and the face just bunched up at the cheeks. Yes, that kind of smile. The one which made me want to punch my brother on the face.

The temptation to sock his pretty little nose rose when Matty mouthed a word, that smug smile never leaving his face.

Payback.

*****

“That was… interesting,” Colby commented somewhat cautiously. I rolled my eyes in response.

We were walking back to Susan’s house. It was already dark out, and a warm breeze blew gently, making the leaves of the trees surrounding us sway.

“That was very, very annoying,” I said firmly.

Matty made comments all throughout the movie, and I kept telling him to shut it. Colby remained quiet, his eyes focused on the screen, but I could swear he was probably annoyed too. I still loved the movie, but watching it with Matty was close to torture. He was doing it as payback for me poking his side while he was eating his cereal, which happened a week ago. Plus he did it with Colby there!

I stole a sideways glance at Colby. His dark hair was ruffled as usual, and the lampposts along the street lighted up his profile. Even at this angle, you can see a hint of the green in his eyes. Suddenly I felt compelled to apologize for the way my brother behaved.

“Hey,” I said quietly. Colby shot me a sideways glance and raised his eyebrows.

I stuck a stray hair behind my ear, taking a deep breath before saying, “Sorry.”

His raised eyebrows scrunched. “For?”

“Matty,” I grumbled, kicking a little pebble that was in my way.

“First, he accused you of molesting me, and then tonight,” I added, slapping my forehead gently.

I heard him chuckle. “It’s okay.”

Colby then walked pass me and turned so that we were facing each other. He stood there, blocking my path. He tilted his head to one side, and asked with genuine curiosity, “What happened, anyway?”

Rolling my eyes, I told him the story of why Matty wanted payback. It was really childish, but it wasn’t a surprise since my brother had a mind of a three-year old. Colby’s eyes lighted up with amusement as I talked, and when I finished he shook his head with a smile.

“You two are crazy,” he commented.

I raised an eyebrow and gave him a “are-you-kidding-me?” look. “He’s crazy. I’m not. I won’t do something like embarrassing him in front of his friends.”

Colby raised an eyebrow back, and one look at his expression made me giggle. Clearing my throat, I rolled my eyes again.

“Okay, maybe I will do that given the chance. Yeah Matty’s great, he’s a good brother, but sometimes he could be such a prick.”

By then Colby already resumed his place beside me, and we continued to walk the short distance to his home. He gently nudged my shoulder with his, making me look at him, a look of question on my face. He smiled.

“But you two love each other anyway,” he said, as he stretched his arms above his head.

I paused for a second to look at Colby. He was staring straight ahead, his interlaced hands now behind his head. He was right. My brother and I do love each other.

With a small smile on my face, I chuckled lightly. “True. We do.”

My eyes darted upwards. There weren’t too many stars out. Bummer. The moon looked great though. It was a crescent moon, shining bright. Very pretty.

We were nearing Susan’s house when Colby suddenly said, “Sometimes I wish I have siblings.”

Still staring up at the moon, I replied, “Yeah?”

“Yeah. It’s like having an instant friend.”

I snuck a glance at Colby and saw that he was staring up at the sky as well, his hands now stuffed in his front pockets. I nudged him back gently with my shoulder.

“Hmm?” He glanced at me briefly before turning back to the sky.

“What was it like?” I asked. “Growing up as an only child?”

We turned to the path along Susan’s front yard, walking slowly.

“It was okay. It did get a bit lonely sometimes, especially that we move around a lot because of my dad’s job. Never really had close friends,” Colby replied. As if sensing I was going to ask what his dad’s job was, he spoke.

“My dad’s a geologist. Travels around a lot.”

“Oh,” I replied. “That’s cool.”

He shrugged. “Yeah, it’s alright.”

We were already at the front door, and I was expecting Colby to say goodbye, but instead he sat down on one of the steps. Looking up at me, he patted the seat beside him.

“Sit with me,” he said.

I put a hand over my heart, adopting a touched expression.

“I would love to,” I said dramatically. Colby just rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. I chuckled, and took the seat beside him. Hugging my knees up to my chest, I stared at the flowers lining the pathway of Susan’s front yard as thoughts ran through my head. So Colby’s father was a geologist, and because of that, they travel around a lot. I wondered why Colby was here in Chicago, though. I also wondered if his parents were still living in California.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why are you here in Chicago?” I blurted out. I bit the inside of my cheeks after I asked the question, feeling totally nosy.

“A bet,” Colby answered. He stretched out his legs before folding them at the knees, setting his arms on top of them.

“A bet?” I echoed, genuinely confused and intrigued.

He looked at me, a small smile on his face. “Yup. With my dad.”

“With your dad?” I exclaimed, my back straightening up with surprise as I turned my head to look back at him.

Colby nodded. “He said I was becoming too attached to my mom, especially after what happened with Sondra.” He paused and raised his eyebrows at me.

“You remember Sondra yea?” He asked. I nodded, and he continued in a quiet voice, averting his eyes and picking at an invisible lint on his shirt.

“And I was depending on my mom too much. I had no one to talk to really, since I have no siblings. I don’t really have a lot of friends that I feel comfortable talking to, either. So there was only my mom. It was like, I’ve developed this special bond with her over the years and…” His voice trailed off as he huffed, his jaw slightly set hard.

“My dad said I was getting soft. He said bet that I couldn’t live far away from them. My parents, I mean. So yeah, the next week I flew out of California and went here.”

I remained quiet. I didn’t really know what to say. It seemed like Colby’s relationship with his father wasn’t all fine and dandy. As much as I would like to know what happened between them, I didn’t feel like it was my place to ask. If Colby felt like he wanted to tell me, he would.

“My mom wasn’t too fond of it, but I told her I needed to do this. She understood and agreed on the condition that I will live with Aunt Susan. My mom arranged this. My dad didn’t know. Initially I agreed just to make my mom make me go, and I thought I could always just leave and get a place on my own.”

Colby adjusted his bent legs and I set my chin on top of my bent knees, hugging them closer to my chest.

“But then at the airport, I saw Rob, Susan and Cam.”

Turning my head briefly towards the boy sitting beside me, I saw Colby’s face softened.

“Cam was holding up this sign that said ‘Welcome to Chicago, Uncle Colby!’ and right then I had the feeling that I was going to like living with this family.”

I felt a smile grace my own face as I turned my head back, my eyes once again finding the flowers.

“And do you?” I asked gently.

Colby leaned back, supporting himself up with his arms. “I do. And I don’t think I’d like to move anymore.” He chuckled.

“It’s kinda like cheating on my dad, but whatever. We’ve never been close anyway. I don’t know why, it’s just the way it is. He’s never been…” Colby trailed off, as if looking for the right word. He then clucked his tongue.

“Affectionate. Yeah, that’s the word. He’d never been affectionate.”

“I see,” I replied in that same gentle voice. Our dads were completely different, then.

I felt a soft nudge against my shoulder, making me look at Colby. He was still staring straight ahead, but it was noticeable that his face had relaxed, and he was now wearing a small smile.

“Don’t feel bad,” he said. He turned his smile at me before looking forward again. I stared at my feet, poking my little toe with my finger. Then he sighed.

“It’s such a shame I wouldn’t be able to meet your dad. I bet he’d be one of my most favorite people,” Colby said.

That made me look up in surprise, and I snapped my head to look at Colby. Then as quickly as it came, the surprise was gone, and was replaced by a sort of warm, tingling sensation that spread all over my body and made my heart melt just a tad. The warmth went over to my eyes, and I felt a mist in them, making me blink rapidly. A small smile appeared on my lips as I again placed my chin against my knees.

“I bet you’d be one of his favorite people, too,” I said.

“You think so?” There was a smile on Colby’s voice.

I nodded, my chin grazing my knees as I did. “Yup.”

“That would be so cool,” Colby commented.

Crickets were chirping. A car was driving by, and the faint sound of rubber kissing gravel echoed in the air. Beside me, I could hear Colby’s steady breathing. I closed my eyes, enjoying the silence.

“Beautiful night, isn’t it?”

I opened my eyes, turned them to Colby and saw that he was staring up at the sky, his arms behind his back holding him up, while his legs stretched out in front of him. Lifting my head up, I smiled as I saw the sky. The absence of stars was compensated by the pretty awesome moon. It was beautiful.

“Yeah,” I answered in a soft tone. “Beautiful night.”

A moment of silence once again passed, with Colby and I staring up at the sky. It seemed like this was one of our usual activities when we’re together—look at the sky and stars. A small chuckle escaped me at the thought. Feeling a slight crick in my neck from looking up too long, I lowered my head and rested my forehead against my knees. Once again I closed my eyes and lowered my shoulders, causing my back to be stretched. It was very relaxing.

Out of the blue, Colby said, “I miss my mom.”

I paused, and slowly turned my head to look at Colby, my temple now resting against my knees. He was no longer looking at the sky, but had resumed his former position—eyes straight ahead, knees bent, arms resting forward. From what I could see, his mouth was set in a straight line, and I was pretty sure his face now bore of nostalgia. There was a rush of sympathy that flooded me, and I straightened up. My arms unwrapped themselves around my legs as I scooted closer to Colby. Then slowly, I laid my head against his shoulder, as my left arm linked with his right.

After a few moments, I felt a gentle weight against the top of my head, and then I knew that Colby laid his head against mine.

I felt the corner of Colby’s mouth move against my hair as he whispered, “Thanks.”

I nodded against his shoulder in response.

I closed my eyes.

Silence followed.

It was a beautiful night.

______________________________________________________________________________

Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry for the long wait, been terribly busy! Anyway this is not proof read, but it's one of the nicer chapters I've written I think haha. Please do point out mistakes if you see any.

Sorry too, that I haven't had the time to reply to your messages and comments. Rest assured though that I read them and I take into account every criticism because I know it'll do my story and my writing some good :)

Next upload will probably be after the holidays (meaning next year) but I'll try my best to upload the next chapter before the year ends.

Again, Merry Christmas! Peace and much love! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...
6.3K 167 35
When Aaron Doh meets the love of his life (you) life is like a dream... and then you meet Brennen... let's just say, hell breaks out...
2.8K 73 15
Nesryn Michlen was a normal little girl, but her life was already fucked up. It just got worse as she got older, she somehow passed highschool. Now...
111 1 20
Meet Kayla's daughter Amber Ann Coleman she just like her mom in some ways. Boys arent her thing and her and drama is whats she hates the most. One d...