Cindy Potter: Book Two (Harry...

By xuelian

House elves, enchanted barriers, unfriendly heirs, and the occasional attack on muggleborns. Cindy Potter ret... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
A/N

Chapter 5

633 21 6
By xuelian

"My father will hear about this!" -Draco Malfoy

-------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was in a rather grumpy mood when we got back to the Burrow. I was in an even worse mood when I saw Father sitting on the living room couch, waiting for me. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley quietly left us alone and shooed the kids upstairs. Harry shot me an apologetic look before following them. I turned to face Father. He stared at me for some time before speaking. "You realize you've attracted some bad attention."

"I didn't want that! He came on to us and you had no idea what he said-"

"I could care less about what you said to the Malfoy boy. I am referring to what you said to Lucius Malfoy."

"Those two! You're not honestly on their side? I thought that was an act-" Father leapt up for his place on the couch and slapped a hand over my mouth, silencing me.

"Watch what you say around people! You have no idea, what the likes of the Malfoy family are capable of! If you don't watch your mouth, then I cannot help you! You are endangering us all if you continue to speak without thinking. Remember what I told you. No one, I repeat, no one, must know of my loyalties." I nodded.

"I'm sorry." He scowled and sat back down.

"You will apologize to Draco Malfoy."

"What? That's totally unfair! I-"

"If you don't do so then Lucius will question your upbringing and suggest that it be done by another!"

"I'd rather go back to the Dursleys than apologize." Father scoffed.

"Do you really think you will have that choice? Many death eaters remain loyal to the Dark Lord even after all this time and will question my loyalties if you are taken from my care! You must not do anything that will cause the wrong people to suspect me. For your parents' sake. For your brother's sake. For yourself." He finished with a solemn expression.

"Do you not care what will happen to you?" I raised an eyebrow. Father hesitated before responding.

"I am long past the point of caring. Especially as I have not been truly happy for 18 years." At this, he stood up and headed for the fireplace.

"Haven't I ever made you happy?" Father chose not to answer and disappeared into the fireplace. I sighed.

Moments later, Harry and the twins ran downstairs. "How'd it go, Cindy? How angry was he?" Fred questioned. I sighed and sat down.

"I have to apologize to Malfoy." I heard Harry's roar of outrage.

"No! I won't let you! That's completely unfair! You don't have to do what Snape says! You can come back and live with me!"

"D'you really think the Dursleys would-you know what? Never mind. You don't understand. Father has his reasons. You won't understand now." With that, I turned on my heel and walked up the stairs.

"Then help me to." I heard his helpless plea as I ascended the stairs.

~~~~

The incident at Diagon Alley was soon forgotten at dinner with Mrs. Weasley's sadness that all her children were finally leaving her. I listened to Ginny talk as we ate dinner. She and I went upstairs to her room afterwards. She began going over her books for school. "Hey Cindy, is this your diary?" I looked up to see her holding a black book.

"No, I don't keep a diary. Ooh, what if Draco left it today?" I giggled. "Let's see if anything is written inside!" We flipped open the small book. Blank. I let out a disappointed sigh and climbed back into bed. Ginny climbed in after me.

"Y'know Cindy, I've always been a bit out of place, or at least I felt that way. Growing up with only my brothers. I'm glad you're here." I smiled softly at her.

~~~~

"Hurry up, you lot!" I scrambled down the stairs, tripping over Harry's trunk in the process. September 1st. Time to go back to Hogwarts. As usual, Mrs. Weasley was busy rounding up all her children to set off for King's Cross. Mr. Weasley had enchanted the car to make it more spacious. I sat in between Fred and Ginny in the back. It was a long ride to the station and we all quickly grabbed a trolley. I giggled at the muggles' expression when seeing Hedwig and Winter in cages. We ran to Platform 9 and made sure no muggles were watching before running at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Percy went first, followed by the twins, then Ginny with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. I ran through the barrier and was rushed onto the train by Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. I strained my head to try and get a glimpse of Ron and Harry, but came up with nothing. I walked with Ginny down the corridor until I saw Luna in a compartment.

"Luna! How've you been?"

"Cindy! I've been good, but you never responded to any of my letters."

"I'm so sorry, but I never received them." I explained.

"Probably the nargles. They're always taking my stuff. " I nodded.

"Maybe. Oh, and this is Ginny, Ginny Weasley." I gestured beside me.

"It's nice to meet you Ginny." Luna replied melodically. "I've met your brother Ron. He says very funny things, but can be a bit unkind at times, can't he?" I grimaced but Ginny just laughed at that.

"Ron's a bit dense sometimes." I heard them both laugh and continue talking as I eventually spaced out staring out the window.

"Cindy! Cindy!" I felt a pair of hands shaking me and Ginny staring into my face. I felt a sickening feeling come over me.

"Ginny, Luna, I don't know how to explain this, but I just got a gut feeling, and I think Harry's in trouble." Luna wasted no time in standing up.

"Well let's take a look." Ginny held my arm as we made our way up and down the corridors, peering into the compartments.

"They aren't on the train." I said in exasperation. "Where did they go?" We re-entered our compartment and sat down.

"Try to stay calm, we'll find out when we get there." Luna reasoned.

"But what if they're in trouble? I-"

"I doubt there would be much trouble on Kings Cross, maybe they missed the train? It'll be fine." Ginny said.

"But we don't know that! Remember what happened last year? Harry and I just attract danger." Ginny sighed.

"I hope Ron's alright as well." The 3 of us sat in silence and Luna stared at a copy of the Quibbler until we reached the school. I helped Ginny of the train and led her to Hagrid. Giving him a wave, I walked with Luna to the carriages. In front of the carriages were creatures that looked like winged horses, but they were all scaly and black. I reached my hand out to pet one.

"Beautiful, aren't they." I glanced at Luna.

"What are you talking about?" Hermione spoke from behind us, obviously confused.

"Don't you see them?" Luna said dreamily.

"What? I don't understand what- there's nothing there!"

"They're there alright. She's just as sane as I am. I see them too." Hermione looked at me incredulously. I climbed into the carriage and Hermione did as well, eying Luna and I with weariness.

"Hermione, have you seen Harry and Ron?" I changed the subject.

"Well now that you mention it, no. Wonder where they went."

"I-I'm worried. I didn't see them board the train." Hermione gasped.

"What if they missed it?"

"I'm actually hoping they did. It's better than certain other possibilities."

The castle soon came into view and the carriages stopped. We jumped off and followed the crowd into the castle. I heard the students chattering with excitement as we entered the great hall. I felt father's gaze on me as I unwillingly approached Draco Malfoy. "I'm sorry." I muttered. He smirked and walked away. I made my way back to Hermione and Luna. Hermione stared at me in shock. I waved bye to Luna and sat down with Hermione at the Gryffindor table. Fred poked my ribs and pointed to Ginny. I giggled. Ginny was instantly sorted into Gryffindor and I gave Fred a shove to make room. Halfway through the feast I saw Professor Mcgonagall, Professor Dumbledore, and Father leaving the Great Hall. I excused myself, saying I needed to use the loo and followed them.

Father walked through the castle and headed towards his office in the dungeons. He entered his office and slammed it shut. I tiptoed to the door, slowly pulled it open a crack, and peeked inside. Standing in front of Father were....Harry and Ron??

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys!
Day off today! Hope you like

Lots of love,
Lily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 147 22
Rose, Harry, Hermione, Ron and all their friends (and enemies) are back for their second year at Hogwarts, but something else is lurking in the halls...
12 0 9
Lavinia has another year at Hogwarts with all her mates. The Smiths and Carl have now fully moved to Hogwarts.New friendships will be made. Lavina fi...
900 37 13
Ashlyn has gotten through her first year at her new school, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Now, she's back for her second year. There'...
246K 11.1K 24
After finding out she was living under the roof of a Death Eater, Carlie never returned home. Fourth year is difficult as Carlie tries to stick to th...