She's My Mate

By bluekat12

After her father's death, Jade has to move back to her hometown that's filled with terrible memories from her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 5

566 37 14
By bluekat12

"I loved that part!" Kate exclaims.

"Ya, it was so hilarious!" Tristan agrees.

We are just walking out of the movie, and now heading towards the ice cream shop.

"What about you, Jade? What'd you think of the movie?" Asher asks me as he bumped my shoulder.

"I thought it was pretty good." I respond, but I'm distracted from the tingles that were now going through my shoulder.

"So, Jade, where are you from?" Brody asks me.

"I'm actually originally from here, but last year my dad and I moved to Salt Lake City."

"Why'd you move back?" Piper questions.

"My dad passed away."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." Piper apologizes and so do the rest of them.

"It's fine," I tell them, "I still have my brother."

"Who's your brother?" Asher asks.

"Charlie."

Asher looks confused, "What's his last name?"

I give a little laugh, "Same as mine - Morgan."

His eyes widen, and I give him a weird look. "Why? Do you know him?" I ask.

He gives a forced laugh and says, "A little bit."

"Where do you know him from?"

Asher doesn't know what to say so Tristan elaborates for him, "We've run into him a few times around town, he's pretty well-known."

"Huh, that's cool. I didn't know that he's well-known." I tell them. I can tell that they were keeping something from me, but I'm willing to respect their privacy and not pry. If they want to tell me, then they can do it when they want to.

We finally arrive at the ice cream shop, and I can tell that things are still tense, but they try their best to still be friendly.

Good job, Jade. You tell them your brother's name, and all of a sudden they don't like you anymore. I'm guessing that they will probably ignore me tomorrow and pretend that they didn't even talk to me. Way to lose the only friends that you made.

I order cookie dough ice cream along with Brody. Piper and Tristan order strawberry, and Asher and Kate order cookies and cream.

We sit down at a table and start eating ice cream. They're talking, but I'm too zoned out to notice. I decide that I should probably head home so things won't get anymore awkward.

"I should probably go." I tell them.

"Let me give you a ride home." Asher offers.

"It's ok, I can walk." He raises his eyebrows.

I then remember how far my apartment is and accept the offer.

He's a gentleman and opens the door for me before he gets in on his side. He starts the car and then drives off in the direction of my house.

"I'm sorry for how we acted, we shouldn't have done that." He apologizes.

"It's fine, I'm sure you have your reasons to act like you did." I tell him.

"Wait, you don't know about...?" He leaves it at that, expecting me to know what he means.

"Know about what?"

Once he realizes I don't know understand him, he just shakes his head and says, "Never mind."

I look at him weirdly, but don't say anything.

After a few more minutes, we arrive at my house, and he pulls to a stop.

"Would you like to sit with us at lunch tomorrow again?" He asks.

"I didn't think you would want me to for how you guys were acting back at the ice cream shop."

"Jade, you're always welcome to sit with us." He says sincerely.

"Thanks." I smile, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you." He says before I shut the car door.

I walk inside to see Charlie chilling on the couch watching TV.

"Hey, Jade." He says.

"Hey." I start to walk up the stairs to my room, but stop, "Charlie, are you well known around town?"

He gives me a confused look, "Uh, I guess, why?"

"Some of my friends said that you were."

"Who are your friends?" He asks.

"Just Asher and a few of his friends." I tell him.

Charlie's eyes widen, "Is that who came to the door earlier?" I nod in response. "I thought he smelled familiar."

"Smelled?" I ask him. Why would my brother be smelling him?

He notices that he must've said the wrong thing, "Ya, smelled, like his cologne. It was really strong." He says it confidently, but he looks nervous.

I look down. I didn't notice that he had cologne on, probably because I was too busy staring at him.

All of a sudden, Charlie gets up and comes towards me, "Jade, I don't want you hanging out with them."

"What? Why?" I exclaim. Why wouldn't he want me hanging out with them?

"I just don't." He tells me.

"Charlie, these are my first friends that I made, and I honestly don't think I will make anymore." I explain.

"Can't you just do this for me?" He asks.

I look at his pleading eyes and just say, "Fine." It's not like he will know whether or not I'll be hanging out with them at school.

He smiles and thanks me. I hug him quickly and then go upstairs to my bedroom and fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 1.5K 23
She's the daughter of an alpha. Her mother is the alpha. Her brother also wants the title. After four years of her brother being away he comes back c...
20.8K 943 53
When a girl falls in love with the new kid, she finds out they have an odd thing in common...
1.9K 41 17
She doesn't know the alpha's son is her mate! She is pretty scared of Alphas cause what they might do. But middle school starts and that might change...
13.9K 1K 22
Its a love story about a girl who fall in love with her school mate,at her first day seeing him,but he didn't love her back,so because of that she ad...