Path To Redemption (Fighter's...

By TheFeveredBookaholic

COMPLETED: 24/02/17 *Warning: LABELLED MATURE. Due to sexual content and graphic language, this book is recom... More

Chapter 1 - Jaxon
Chapter 2 - Emily
Chapter 3 - Jaxon
Chapter 4 - Emily
Chapter 5 - Jaxon
Chapter 6 - Emily
Chapter 7 - Jaxon
Chapter 8 - Emily
Chapter 9 - Jaxon
Chapter 10 - Emily
Chapter 11 - Jaxon
Chapter 12 - Emily
Chapter 13 - Jaxon
Chapter 14 - Emily
Chapter 15 - Jaxon
Chapter 16 - Emily
Chapter 17 - Jaxon
Chapter 18 - Emily
Chapter 19 - Jaxon
Chapter 20 - Emily
Chapter 21 - Jaxon
Chapter 22 - Emily
Chapter 23 - Jaxon
Chapter 25 - Jaxon
Chapter 26 - Emily
Chapter 27 - Jaxon
Chapter 28 - Emily
Chapter 29 - Jaxon
Chapter 30 - Emily
Chapter 31 - Jaxon
Chapter 32 - Emily
Chapter 33 - Jaxon
Chapter 34 - Emily
Chapter 35 - Jaxon
Chapter 36 - Emily
Chapter 37 - Jaxon
Epilogue - Emily
Author's Note
Follow Me!
Book Two - Cover/Title
Book Two - Synopsis
FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Nominate Me?

Chapter 24 - Emily

370K 10.1K 27.1K
By TheFeveredBookaholic

"It's a party for a five year old!"

"So you can't look good?"

"I can't look look slutty." I hiss.

Avery frowns, fingering the tight material that ends way too high above my knee and dangerously low near my chest.

"But it's cute." She argues.

"And I'll wear it for a more special occasion but not for Lizzie's birthday."

"Fine." She relents then pouts at her own dress. It's a hot red number made of silk material that's designed as a wrap dress. It encases her Latina figure perfectly and holds up with a knot tied to the side. Similar to mine, it ends above her knee but at a more appropriate height than mine and the neckline is also much more appropriate, the sleeves reaching to her elbows. My best friend is beyond stunning. "Does that mean I have to change too?"

"No, babe." I chuckle. "You look fantastic and it's totally your style."

She squeals and claps her hands. Avery loved dressing up and being put together at all times, as the fashionista in her called for. She proves as much when she pulls out another dress from her closet; a beautiful deep purple maxi dress that flutteres around my knees everytime I take a step and is held up by thin spaghetti straps. Avery insisted that the colour bought out the hues of hazel around my blue eyes.

"Jaxon is going to trip over himself when he sees you." She declares with animated glee.

I look at my reflection when Avery moves out of the way and is done fussing over my hair and makeup. She's styled my hair so that it's pin-straight and the ends are literally brushing my ass, long as it is. My eyeshadow is as bold as my eyeliner and the layers of mascara frame my eyes so that they look huge. She's contoured my face so that it looks far more angular than it actually is and the deep shade of rustic pink on my lips completes the entire look. Avery did a spectacular job and I have to admit, I'm excited to see my man's reaction to me.

I didn't even have to tell Avery about the development in our relationship when I'd come over earlier to get ready for Lizzie's birthday party. She took one look at my glowing face and barely restrained smile and simply said his name in question. My smile peeked out at the mere mention of him against my own will and that's all the confirmation Avery needed. I know Jaxon and I were still new, a little over a week since he spent the night at my house, and I know we were still laying low but I couldn't keep this from Avery. I hoped like hell he didn't mind that she was in on our change. Though I'm sure he wouldn't be because he was kind enough to extend an invitation towards her, insisting that my best friend be there for this occasion. Jaxon has always had Avery's vote and that gesture sealed the deal.

"I still can't believe I haven't actually met him in person." She muses.

"You're right," I realize with a laugh.

"If he's as hot as the pictures I've seen, then you are one lucky woman." She smack my ass and my lips tip up in amusement. She's right.

"And we can see Delilah, too." I've missed her as well.

"Oh, yeah." Avery's face lights up. "Man, I love that chick. I don't like a lot of people but one lunch with her and I wanted to keep her."

"I know, right?" I say in all seriousness.

Avery grabs her car keys and struts out of the room, not once teetering in her sky high heels. I have to walk around the room to break her shoes in and figure out how to balance them before I leave to join her.

"Grab her present!" She hollers from the front door and I curse before turning back.

When I've got her present and join Avery in her car, I rattle off Cameron's address and we set off. That charmer had been kind enough to offer to do Lizzie's party there since he lives in a house equipped with a sizeable backyard. Cameron loves the hell out of that little girl and it's majorly endearing that he wants to do this for her and Jaxon.

I'm clutching my stomach from laughter as Avery horribly sings along to a random pop song on the radio when my phone chimes and alerts me of an incoming text. I check the screen, grinning from ear to ear when I see it's Jaxon.

Jaxon: Almost here?

Me: Another five minutes.

Jaxon: Hurry, babe.

Me: Yikes, what's the rush?

Jaxon: I miss my girl.

Me: You have a birthday girl to tend to, first. Don't get your panties in a twist.

Jaxon: Can I twist your panties later tonight?

Me: Haha, perv.

Jaxon: Only for you.

"I think that mushy look on your face is going to make me throw up." Avery fakes gagging but she's smiling so I know she's happy for me. I smack her on the arm, smiling the rest of the way there.

When we arrive, the driveway is already lined up with cars so Avery parks at the back. We step out and make our way around to the backyard, where Jaxon had informed me the party will be taking place.

"Who did he invite?" She questions as we near and a throng of overlapping voices and laughter becomes louder.

"The Fighter's Den crew. It's just the guys but they're a loud bunch."

"Are they hot?"

I smirk at Avery's one-track mine. She really should've been born a guy.

"You'll likely return home without your ovaries." I deadpan.

Her smile is all kinds of wicked. "Excellent."

We reach a classic white picket fence that separates the backyard from the house, and it's already opened for our entry. I look around and take in Cameron's place, docked with a porch and swimming pool and billions of party decorations. It makes me wonder how he could afford such a grand place. As far as I know he doesn't partake in professional fights so what else does he do?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the collective jeer of deep voices arises at mine and Avery's entrance. The guys are all waving us over with smiles on their faces and I grin from the cute image. I look over at Avery and my grin turns into a laugh. She's gaping at the group with an open mouth and wide eyes that are dancing with interest. I can understand why. This group of big, muscular, and tall men wearing party hats and are covered with streamers all for the sake of making one little girl happy is almost too much for a female to bear. Avery turns to me, expression never once faltering save for the almost accusing eyes.

"I feel like I just stepped into a GQ photoshoot. How could you not have introduced me to them before?" She hisses.

"I'm sorry." I laugh. "Feel free to mingle and make up for your lost time."

"Oh, I plan to." She continues scanning them and turns to me with an exaggerated moan. "My vagina is crying."

I throw my head back with laughter and merely hook my arm through hers, leading us to the guys.

"Took you long enough." Nate smirks, wiggling his eyebrows at us, and I know the guys are feeling very pleased from our obvious gaping. I roll my eyes because I can't even pretend to deny anything. Hell, we're gaping even more being up-close. I give each of the guys a kiss on the cheek in greeting and start making introductions.

"Boys, this is my best friend. Avery, these are the boys from Fighter's Den." I frown, only seeing three. "Well, some of them. This is Nate, Asher and Wolfe. Cameron was here a second ago but he should be back soon."

Nate and Asher shake Avery's hand, eyes roaming over her with clear interest, and Wolfe gives a polite nod of his head. Avery beams at them while giving them a reciprocal checking out and I bite my cheek to surpress my smile. She's enjoying herself.

"Where are Cameron and Jaxon?" I purposely put Cameron's name first just to avoid any suspicion.

"Jaxon is getting Lizzie ready and Cameron went to get snacks." Nate rolls his eyes. "Of course."

Speak of the devil, Cameron appears just then with a tray full of mini cupcakes and probably the happiest expression on his face.

"These are fucking awesome." He mumbles around a cupcake stuffed into his mouth. "You guys have to-"

His footsteps and words both come to a freezing halt when his eyes land on Avery, eyes widening to the size of saucers. His mouth drops opens and the cupcake falls out, haphazardly landing on the grass. The thump of its fall is the only noise in the atmosphere as we've all gone considerably quiet at his reaction. He just stands there, still as a statue, and stares at her as if he's never seen a girl in his life. I raise an eyebrow at his antics. Cameron is a natural charmer but at the moment he's nothing short of dumb-struck as he regards my best friend with evident lust and bewilderment.

"Hi." He finally stutters out and you'd think he just ran a marathon with how out of breath he sounds. "I'm Cameron. You're gorgeous. Please bear my children."

The guys and I choke on our laughter as Cameron noticeably winces the second his words are out.

"Smooth." Asher coughs out from behind his fist and Cameron tries to recover.

The biggest flirt I know is literally tumbling over his own words just by one look at Avery. I turn to her and expect her usual flirtatious smile in face but I'm almost knocked on my ass when I see her blushing. I can feel my jaw hit the ground. Not once, in all the years I've known her, has Avery Cruz ever blushed in the presence of a man. In fact, she's kind of like the female version of Cameron so the fact they're both acting out of character is beyond alarming.

"Hey." Avery says in a shy voice and I physically rear back. What the hell is up with her? With them?

They just continue to have this weird stand off and neither takes their eyes off each other. We may as well not even be in their presence with how concentrated their stares are, as if nobody else even exists right now. The guys are looking at Cameron as if he grew a second head and I'm almost tempted to fan myself from all this sexual tension in the air.

When I awkwardly clear my throat, both Cameron and Avery jolt as if being broken out of a trance. One look at our expressions has them both fumbling nervously.

"I'm going to, uh, get some more food." Cameron rushes out, chancing a few glances at Avery. She's somewhat back in the game when she gives him a slow smile that almost has Cameron's eyes crossing. He scurries off and the guys follow after him, probably to grill him the way I plan to do with Avery.

As soon as they're out of hearing distance, I open my mouth but Avery beats me to it.

"Dios mío, who is he?" She fans her neck the way I considered doing earlier.

"Cameron West. Jaxon's best friend." I supply with a grin.

"Fuck me, that man is too hot for his own good. I can't believe he asked me to bear his children. I can't believe I only said one word to him!" She gasps like she didn't even realize what she'd been doing during their interaction.

"I've never seen you act that way." I agree.

"I know! I should've had him trailing after me by now but I can't believe how stupid just the sight of his face made me."

"That was fun to watch, though." I chirped. "I'd probably be electrocuted by the tension in the air if I reached between you guys."

"You felt it too, right?" She's looking at me like she needs confirmation to know that just really happened.

"Totally felt it. I almost want to take a cold shower."

"That was insane. My stomach still has butterflies. I think I'm going to puke. Why am I nervous?" She whisper-hisses and grabs me by the straps of my dress.

"Down, girl." I giggle. "If you're attracted to him then explore it. Be the Avery I know you are and work your magic on that man. I doubt he'd need any convincing, anyways."

"You're right." She takes a deep breath and shakes her hands out. "I've got this. He's just a regular guy."

She sounds like she's convincing herself more than she is me but I nod in encouragement anyways.

"Girls." I hear from behind me and turn to find my dad. Laughter garbles out of Avery and I when we see the tiara and pink sash he's decked out in, considerably making his large frame less intimidating.

"Hey, birthday girl." I snark.

"You look beautiful." Avery pipes up.

Dad just rolls his eyes and engulfs the both of his in a huge hug. He kisses our foreheads in greeting and we squeeze him tight. He treats Avery like his own so we're practically both his daughters as far as he's concerned.

"I wasn't going to deny the request of the birthday girl." He defends but that doesn't stop our laughter.

"And she requested this from you because?" Avery trails off so he can fill in the blanks.

"Because she wanted us to match. She loves me." His chin raises in defiance.

"Bought to the knees by a six year old." I say wistfully.

"Five." He corrects.

"She's turning six today."

"No, she's turning five. Jaxon has just been calling her five because she was nearing that age anyways. He just turned 26 a few months ago so that explains the age gap, too."

"Idiot." I scowl. "I wrote six on her card."

"Go fix it." Avery ushers me into the house and I almost miss the mischevious glint in her eyes. The cause of it hits me when I remember that Jaxon is in the house and my smile mirrors her.

Did I mention how amazing she is?

"Let's get some refreshments." She links her arm with my dad and begins leading him away, throwing me a wink over her shoulder.

Pretty damn amazing.

With unrestrained giddiness, I enter the house through the back door and start searching for Jaxon. The expanse of the first floor is pretty big but it seems quiet enough. When I near the staircase, I hear giggles and low chuckles and my heart stutters at the same time a smile spreads on my face. The mere image of Jaxon and Lizzie together as the duo they are warms me all over and also frightens me because all I can think is family. Are they my family? Do I have that right yet?

Ignoring the odd pang in my chest, I start up the stairs and follow the sound of their laughs until the voices become particularly loud behind one of the doors. When I swing it open, both Jaxon and Lizzie turn their heads and break out into matching grins when they see me. I return the expression when I see how Jaxon is in the middle of tying the belt of Lizzie's dress into a bow at the back. The birthday girl looks like a true princess in her large tiara and pink sash and even smatters of glitter in her hair.

"Look at you." I bend down as Lizzie rushes to me, throwing her arms around my neck and engulfing me in a tight hug. I kiss her cheek repeatedly, my heart expanding at her giggles and warming all over for this little girl's special day. "Happy birthday, princess."

"Thank you!" She pulls away to give me a toothy smile and it grows when I hold up her present.

"Wow! Can I open it, Daddy?" She runs back to Jaxon with the bag in her hands, who'd been watching us with a soft expression on his face and a bit of heat in his eyes whenever they roamed over me.

"We'll open all the presents at the end of the day, baby girl." He promises and kisses her pouted lips with a laugh.

The image threatens to cause my heart to combust. I've always loved the relationship between Jaxon and Lizzie but something about the knowledge that these two could possibly be mine one day rises enough happiness in me to last a lifetime.

"Take your present to the backyard and the table with the rest of your gifts. I'll be right there." He kisses her hair and Lizzie bounds out of the room excitedly.

Leaving just us.

One look at his darkened eyes is all the communication I need before kicking the door shut and running to him. He catches me under my legs when they wrap around him and our mouths slam together in a frenzied kiss. It's rushed and messy and borderline desperate but it's beautiful because it's us. His fingers sink into my thighs and I grip his shoulders for dear life as I vaguely feel my back being pushed into a wall. In no time at all, we've established a grinding rythm as our mouths connect over and over again in equal lust and passion. Sparks of awareness fire off between my legs and my lips feel numb from the harshness of our kiss. Tingles alight every nerve in my body and heighten my senses so that I'm overwhelmed by all things Jaxon. My body feels electrocuted with awareness and he is all I know. He is all I ever want to know.

Our gasps sound together as we pull away, breathing hard and fast.

"I wanted to do that the second you walked through the door." He traces idle patterns on my neck with his tongue and my body breaks out into shivers. "You take my breath away, baby."

I love you.

It feels so natural to voice it so it takes everything in me to hold back. My heart compresses tightly because I'm overcome with so much love for this man that I want to shout it from the rooftops. I want him to know he is all I see and feel. I want him to know he owns me; mind, body, and soul. But I feel as much love as I do pain because I know my Jaxon; he won't believe in my love. Not yet. So I'll wait.

"I missed you." I whisper against his ear and he growls low in his throat.

"Fuck, so did I. And it's only been two days but it felt like a lifetime."

"Sexting definitely wasn't as fulfilling."

"Don't worry. I'll be filling you until you're full, soon enough." I feel his smirk take form against my jaw.

"Jaxon." I chastise with a laugh.

His own laugh vibrates against my throat and I moan lightly at the sensation. I feel him grow hard against me at the sound.

"Come on." He strangles out. "We have to go now or we won't get going at all."

Reluctantly, I unwrap my legs from him and Jaxon groans from the way my body slides down his.

"Tease." He smacks my ass when I walk ahead of him and I throw a glare over my shoulder.

We're both wearing matching smiles when I pull the door open, only to stop dead when we see Cameron. He has his arms crossed and a dry look on his face.

"If you're going to keep this low, at least try." His gaze rakes over me. "Might wanna fix yourself up, babe."

I self-conciously begin smoothing down my hair and clothes and ignore the heat in my cheeks. Shit. Busted.

"Don't call her babe." Jaxon barks.

I look over at him in surprise, not because of his comment since I've grown used to his neanderthal ways, but because he acted as if getting caught was no big deal. He must see the question in my expression because he elaborates.

"Cameron knows." Jaxon searches my face to gauge my reaction. "But I didn't tell him. He figured on his own."

"Oh, thank goodness." His brows go up at my relief. "Avery figured out too. I swear I didn't say anything."

"Why is that surprising?" Cameron cuts in, rolling his eyes. "Anyone with two functioning eyes, or hell maybe even one, could clearly see how taken you are with each other. I don't think you guys could be yourselves without each other now. It's disgustingly cute." He grins.

I can't help my smile. Did everyone else really see this absurd connection I've felt with Jaxon since the moment I met him?

"Just don't say anything." Jaxon warns and Cameron relents. We begin heading back to the group until Cameron stops us again.

"Nice lipstick." He smirks at Jaxon, who curses and begins wiping his mouth. He glares when Cameron and I laugh but still reaches out to swipe his thumb at the corners of my mouth when he sees I'm in the same predicament as him. I can feel myself light up. His simple gestures, ones where he takes care of me or something for me, are so damn endearing.

When we finally make it back to the backyard, the boys and Avery are all sitting on the floor in a circle while Lizzie runs around them and claims if they're a duck or a goose. Jaxon and I quickly part while everyone's attention is still fixed on Lizzie and not on our odd entrance. I settle in beside Avery once I've kicked off my heels and Jaxon takes a spot beside Nate which puts him across from me. We both tense when we notice dad's attention flick between the two of us but Cameron swoops in like the gem he is.

"You guys started without me?" He feings offense and puts a hand to his heart. "I bet it's Coach's fault."

That gets my dad's attention and he turns to glare at Cameron. Jaxon and I exhale and exchange knowing looks.

"How the hell is it my fault?" Dad demands.

"You probably gave in to Lizzie like always." He taunts and my dad continues to glower.

"Does he know?" Avery whispers in my ear. I nod back and she breaks out into huge smile.

"He's taking a hit for you guys. That's so sweet." She actually sighs while eyeing Cameron. He catches her gaze and winks the way his flirtatious self usually would. Looks like they've gotten over any shyness.

Dad grunts and turns his attention away so I jump in because I'm still paranoid.

"Where's Delilah?" I'd been wondering as it is.

"Her and Greta are on their way." Jaxon replies and unfortunately that brings dad's attention back to us. Like a prayer being answered, the sound of a car pulling up alerts the group and Avery and I jump up.

"We'll go get her." She says easily and we both slip on our heels and haul ass.

"How long do you plan on keeping this from your dad?" She asks me as we make our way to the front of the house.

"Jaxon and I talked about it and we decided to break it to him when the hype of Jaxon's career dies down. Dad needs to focus on training him, not breaking him." Avery and I look at each other knowingly.

"Do any of the boys know?"

"The only people who know other than us are you and Cameron. We plan on telling the guys before dad, though."

"I'm pretty sure they know. They kept grinning at each other stupidly when they realized you and Jaxon were the only ones back inside the house. They also said it was no surprise."

"Really?" I start.

"Em, you and Jaxon don't have to be next to one another for everyone to see you two are attached at the hip. What you two have is special and I guarantee everyone can see it."

A smile splits my face.

"You love him." Avery simply states and this time I don't deny shit.

"With everything in me."

She wraps an arm around my shoulder just as we see Delilah and Greta step out of the car. "I'm happy for you, babe."

I smile my response as Delilah and Greta make their way over to us. After greeting Delilah, I introduce Avery to Greta and I can tell she's instantly taken with the sweet woman. The four of us make our way to the backyard, chatting amongst ourselves, only to suddenly halt simultaneously and just about trip over one another in the process.

"Oh," I breathe.

"My," Avery moans.

"Gosh." Delilah squeaks.

As if the Fighter's Den men weren't hot enough, they'd apparently decided to strip off their t-shirts and form a small football game. Every body on display is built to perfection and their muscles practically gleam from the exertion of the game as they run around the yard and toss the ball. Lizzie is acting as the ref, if the whistle around her neck and sideline cheering is any indication, and the way the boys high-five her and press a kiss to her cheek every time they score is attractive enough that we all stand rooted the spot and gaping for who knows how long.

"What I wouldn't do to be twenty years younger right about now." Greta's awed mumble comes from beside us.

"Ma." Delilah groans and effectively draws the attention of the guys from their hunk huddle. She squeaks and makes quick work of hiding behind a curtain of her hair when the group turns toward us.

"Care to watch us, beauties?" Cameron calls to us with his trademark smirk but I don't miss how his eyes stay trained on Avery the entire time.

"Hell, yes." My best friend calls out and drags us all to the porch of the backyard. Greta excuses herself and mutters something about the Lord testing her patience. Delilah and I awkwardly take our seats on the steps while Avery gets comfortable and goes as far as pulling her phone out to record the game. I make a mental note to get the video from her later.

There's no denying that all the guys are ridiculously ripped and attractive but I only have eyes for one man. My gaze tracks Jaxon as he leaps in the air to catch a fly ball passed to him by Cameron and he makes a mad dash to the opposite end. His biceps flex from the way he's latched on to the ball and he breaks off at a killer speed, eyes glinting. I can't take my eyes off the way his abs tighten as he runs and I'm basically cross-eyed when he checks Nate out of the way with impressive force and makes a touchdown, pumping his fist in the air when Cameron and dad cheer for the point. He grabs Lizzie from her seat and lifts her up in victory. I don't realize I'm cheering until he turns to me with a wink and him and Lizzie both wave at me. Avery and Delilah start gushing but I pay no mind as I blow Lizzie and Jaxon a kiss. It's amazing how much has changed in three months and how quickly they've become my world.

Thankfully, dad is busy retrieving the ball so he misses the little back-and-forth between Jaxon and I. The boys don't, however, and I laugh when Nate and Asher give me a thumbs up, huge grins playing on their faces. Wolfe gives me a thumbs up as well and though he's not smiling, I can tell he's pleased. I regard the boys with a warm smile. They've become family to me too. All of Fighter's Den seems to have formed a close bond and though it's the last thing I expected myself to get tangled in, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

"Send that video to me." I nudge Avery with my leg where she's perched a step below me.

She gives me a sheepish grin. "Sure, but it's mostly me zooming in on Cameron's package."

"And she's back." I roll my eyes. Definitely no more shyness were they're concerned.

"Cake time." Jaxon's voice booms out and we all comply, heading to the table that's set up with countless desserts, the cake being at the forefront.

When we're all gathered around the table, Jaxon speaks up. "I think we should all thank Greta for the amazing food she made."

"Yeah, Greta." Asher says around cupped hands and the rest of the guys follow up with cheers and whistles. Greta blushes and waves them off.

"I'm going to marry your desserts." Cameron informs her and we all release a groan at his antics.

Jaxon stands Lizzie in front of her cake, holding her fist that's gripping the safety knife and we all begin singing happy birthday when they cut the cake. Lizzie beams at all of us, barely registering what she's doing as she regards all of us instead. We all take turns feeding her and covering her face with frosting but she takes it like a champ, giggling and never once complaining as we all assault her with food and kisses. I take a mild risk when I feed Jaxon right after I've fed Lizzie but I think dad's too caught up in the celebration to think twice of it. Even so, it takes a hell of a lot of willpower to not lean over and kiss him when his lips wrap around my fingers, tongue licking up to wipe the icing. His pleased smirk when I have to bite my lips to restrain myself from slamming them against his is borderline infuriating. But then he whispers 'soon' when I pass by to return to my spot and I'm no longer mad and all kinds of anticipating towards the end of the day.

After we've all eaten, we get to opening Lizzie's presents. The boys got her clothes in variations of pink and I think it's adorable they made such a concious effort. Delilah and Greta got her a colouring book and it corresponds with dad's gift of a box of crayons. The group looks knocked on their ass when I present Lizzie with a purple dress and we explain how it's become her other favourite colour, much to everyone's shock. She opens Jaxon's present last and we all laugh when we see it's a toy lizard. Lizzie shakes her head at her father as if to say 'what can you do?' And then we're all exclaiming over his second present, which is a child-sized boxing robe that has CAGE imprinted on the back. She's going to look adorable wearing that.

All too soon, the day winds down to an end and Dad and Greta end up calling it a night first. Delilah sticks around with the rest of us girls after we're able to force her and that leaves just us and the boys. Jaxon goes inside the house to put Lizzie to sleep when she nods off and the rest of us are seated in lawn chairs that are set into a somewhat circle.

"So." Nate starts when Jaxon disappears behind the back door. "You and Cage, huh?"

I feel a fierce blush take over under his scrutinization. "Yeah. Looks like it."

"We saw it coming from a mile away." Asher snorts. "I don't know why either of you fought it off for as long as you did but I'm glad it worked out the way we hoped."

"Thank you." I give the boys a warm smile at their support. I was grateful Jaxon had friends like them in his life now.

"Is it true you recorded my package when I was playing football?" Cameron asks Avery despite his audience.

"Yup." She returns shamelessly. "You can get a close-up of my boobs to even it out."

"You are an incredible woman." He tells her solemnly and she winks, throwing her legs over his lap from where she's seated beside him.

"Wow." Nate mutters.

"She's like the female version of him." Asher chimes in.

Laughter breaks out, swallowing up the silence around us.

"Cat got your tongue, gorgeous?" Nate asks Delilah, a hint of a smile tipping his lips.

She's only spoken when Avery and I pull her into the conversation so she visibly fumbles, blushing fiercely at Nate's question. She ducks her head instead of answering and Nate reaches out to grab a tendril of her hair. Her body locks up at his touch so he releases his hold slowly.

"It's okay." He murmurs in the most gentle voice I've heard him use. I'm even more surprised when Delilah's tense shoulders drop the slightest and she almost looks comfortable.

The sound of the back door sliding open pulls our attention to where Jaxon is making his way back to the group. As usual, the sight of him rages all kinds of emotions in me and my stomach dips when his eyes lock onto mine.

"Hey, Casanova." Asher wiggles his brows and Jaxon takes in the shit eating grins on everyone's faces.

"They know." He states and I shrug indifferently, hoping he's not mad.

"Good." He says, surprising all of us. "So all of you know to lay the fuck off my girl."

As if staking his claim, he pulls me up from my seat and takes my place when he sits down instead then tugs me onto his lap. His arms wrap possessively around my waist and the warning in his eyes while he stares down the guys is clear as day. The guys laugh at his antics while I warm all over. The man of my dreams openly claiming me? There's no coming back from that.

Conversation carries on as if Jaxon didn't just go all caveman on me after our announcement and I'm grateful for the open acceptance. I lean my back into his chest, getting comfortable. He bring his mouth beside my ear and I surpress a shiver.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?" He whispers.

"Yes." I return with a smile. He's been saying it every chance he gets.

"I'm barely holding back, Em. I need you." His teeth nip my ear and I'm not sure if my harsh inhale is from the action or his words.

"Okay." I agree breathlessly.

He stands up abruptly, taking me with him, and the group stops to look up at us.

"Em and I are gonna grab Lizzie and head out."

"Stay. Spend some time with us." Cameron makes a big show of gesturing around the area to agitate him, I'm sure, and Jaxon practically growls.

"No, thanks. I'd rather be at home with my girls."

My girls.

Lizzie and I.

His second claim pathetically turns me on.

"Leave him alone." Avery smacks Cameron's arm and turns to us. "Have fun you two."

The guys laughter follows us as Jaxon pulls me away with obvious hurry but I have no time to be embarrassed about how they all know what we're going to be doing. We take Lizzie to his place and he sets her up for bed while I help. After that, he leads me back into his room and we're shedding our clothes as soon as the door locks and we're on each other even faster. Because we have company, we have to be a lot more quiet but it's proving to be difficult so after the second round, Jaxon takes us to his shower and we make all the noises we want. I end up falling asleep in his bed and I stay the night in the arms of the man who's become my everything. Even in my subconscious state, I catch myself wishing that the fire between us never dies out and our connection remains for as long as we live.

________________

A/N

THE END!

Just kidding haha but the ending could work as the end of the book, no? Don't worry. We've still got a handful of chapters to go.

That Jaxon and Lizzie banner is so cute!

Ugh, this has to be the happiest chapter I've ever written. So much happiness and love. What do you guys think of the slowly blooming new love interests? Who did this chapter have you shipping most?

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to mahnoor0130! This cutie personally messages me to gush after each chapter is up and she's been my motivator to make this chapter as happy as possible! Love you, girl!

Please leave your thoughts and comments! Gush with me!!

And please share and vote (don't forget to vote!) if you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 5K 44
All Layla Foster wants is to launch her own branch off of her parent's fitness company. But how is she supposed to focus on making her one shot a suc...
935K 20.2K 34
"You don't want me I'm broken. Unfixable." "Broken or not your still my princess." Soon his lips are on mine and sparks flew all my worries for once...
591K 20.4K 42
They say the hit that hurts the most is the one you don't see coming. That hit was Paisley Dean - the one who got away - and I've spent every day sin...
4.8M 171K 44
*Warning: LABELLED MATURE. Due to sexual content and graphic language, this book is recommended for readers 17+ in age* *CANNOT be read without readi...