Because Of You

By snisismtoney

Grace Anderson was left packless and without a family when the most ruthless Alpha to walk on earth decided t... More

Note: Please Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Note

Chapter 22

15K 357 21
By snisismtoney

Arsen POV:

Waking up next to my mate was one of the best feelings ever. Last night Grace fell asleep in the car and when I put her down in her room she asked me to stay. I fell asleep next to her and woke up with her sprawled out on top of me. I groaned when I realized that I would be gone all day to another pack who needed to talk about an alliance.

Looking at her peaceful face, I decided not to wake her up and leave a note. As soon as I gently moved Grace off of me, I wrote the note and left it next to her. After leaving back to my room, I took a quick shower and got dressed. I met Nick and Matthew in the kitchen where the two barely looked awake.

"Morning guys, we should head there now." I said after grabbing a granola bar for the drive there.

"Which pack are we going to again?" Nick asked.

"The Full Moon Pack." I answered while Matthew snickered at the name.

As soon as the guys got their food for the drive we all piled into my black hummer and began our journey to the pack.

Almost 2 hours later we finally made it and were greeted by the Alpha who was around his 40's. He had a ragged scar going from the middle of his cheek to his eye. And his grey hair was barely there on his head. All in all, he looked like a creep but who was I to judge. "Arsen. Long time no see." The Alpha said.

"Alpha Sean." I said greeting him respectfully. The first time I had talked to him was when he called me to his pack after my father had died. He had told me that he thought it was Grace's pack that killed my father and I had believed him. I was angry at the time and didn't think rationally.

"Come guys, let's go to my office." He said. I noticed Nick frantically looking around the pack grounds.

"Nick, what are you doing." I asked. He simply shook his head and continued walking.

As we walked into the house, I noticed Nick doing the same thing. "Do you guys smell that?" Nick asked us.

We shook our heads in confusion as we came to Alpha Sean's door.

"Take a seat boys, can I get you anything to drink?" He asked as he took a seat at his desk while we took the seats in front of his desk.

"Water would be good." I answered while the boys nodded in agreement.

His eyes glazed over and I assumed he was mind linking someone to bring us the water.

"So Arsen. This deal is mainly towards you. I had an idea that by making an alliance we could gain greater power. We can become more powerful than the other packs which gives us advantages. We can simply help each other out when needed. What do you say?" He asked folding his hands on his desk.

"It sounds good." I answered.

What do you guys think? I asked in the mind link.

Sketchy. I think there's more to deal. Matthew answered.

Looking towards Alpha Sean I scrutinized him. "Is that all there is to the alliance?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well there's one other thing. I was hoping the alliance would be through marriage. As you know I have a daughter who will soon take over the pack and I think that joining packs through a marriage could bring a great advantage to the pack." Alpha Sean explained.

Realizing that he was asking me to make another girl my mate, I fiercely shook my head. "No. Absolutely not. I have a mate, whom I care for very much. I won't ever do that to her. Hell I wouldn't ever marry someone I didn't know, and someone who wasn't my mate." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

Before Alpha Sean could reply, a knock sounded on the door before a petite girl, around 19 came into the room. Her gaze was on the floor and she was pale and skinny. Her blonde hair was covering her eyes and she held a tray with glasses of water on it. "Alpha, the w-water." She said in a small voice stuttering. I could feel that she was a low rank. Probably an omega. Looking towards Nick I saw that his eyes were black. He was smelling the air and staring at the girl. What he whispered next caught the attention of everyone in the room.

"Mate." He whispered before getting up and walking towards the girl.

He lifted her chin and looked into her eyes. I could she shock flash through her eyes and recognition. Nick had found his mate. I smiled knowing that my best friend had found his mate. Nick moved the tray out of her hand to the table before engulfing her in a hug. He pulled back after a few seconds to examine her face when he saw that it was marred in bruises. He let out a loud growl and turned towards Sean.

"Why is my mate covered in bruises." Nick gritted through his teeth. I could sense fear coming from his mate who was cowering behind Nick.

"This pathetic thing is your mate? Oh how I feel sorry for you. She's the pack servant. She's practically useless." Sean said sneering.

I could see tears well up in Nicks's mates eyes as she moved back. Nick grabbed her wrist and sat her down before growling and throwing a punch towards Sean. Getting up, I ran towards Nick and held him back while Sean held his nose.

"Nick, don't do this. It could cause problems. Go calm down your mate." I said nodding towards his mate who was quietly crying.

Nick walked towards her and sat her down in his lap as he tried to soothe her. I could faintly hear him ask for her name. I heard her quietly say Sarah before I turned my attention back to Sean.

"Alright Alpha." Sean sneered. "I have a proposition for you. I'll let you take home the girl, if you marry my daughter." He said smirking.

"In your dreams. We will take the girl home no matter what. You cannot keep her here against her will, while treating her like shit. I can have you reported and abolished." I said angrily. My wolf was livid knowing that Sean was close to threatening me.

Nick. Matthew. Get up. We're leaving. And bring the girl. I said in the link.

Sean glared at me after hearing my threats. I got out of my seat and began walking out the office, Nick and Matthew in tow. Before I could take another step. A girl dressed in a short skirt and a bikini top came towards me. She pulled me into her arms and placed her lips on mine. I pushed her off as quick as I could and wiped my lips. She came towards me again, but this time she aimed for my neck. Pushing her back I growled at her.

"What the hell are you doing." I growled at her.

"Cmon babe. You know you want it." She said smirking at me. Looking towards her she reminded me of someone. It then clicked in my mind. There was only one other person who's smirk was like that. She was Alpha Sean's daughter.

Like father like daughter. Don't know how to take no for an answer.

"I'd rather die than ever marry you." I said before pushing past her and walking out the door.

The four of us piled in the hummer and began the journey home. It had taken longer than we anticipated and my mind was clouding with thoughts.

We arrived home soon and I could see Nick trying to wake his mate up. He looked happy to have her in his arms and I was happy for him.

Congrats man. I linked him.

He looked towards me and smiled gratefully before getting out of the car.

I was looking forward to seeing Grace. After today's events I just wanted to hold her in my arms and sleep.

As soon as the door opened I was tackled in a hug by my very own mate. She mumbled how worried she was, but all I could do was hold her in my arms.

She pulled back and looked at me before her gaze moved down to my neck. He face contorted into pain and shock as tears welled up in her eyes. She pushed me away from her and stepped back. Confused, I followed my gaze down to where she was looking. I saw that she as staring at the lipstick mark that Alpha Sean's daughter gave me on my neck.

Shit. I forgot to wipe that.

Shaking my head I tried to grab her arm. It wasn't what she was thinking.
Grace pushed my arm away and put her hands up. "I sat here worried sick about you and you were with some other girl. I hope she was worth it. Go to hell Arsen." She said her voice cracking at the end. Before I could grab her and explain to her she pushed past me and ran to her room.

I made a move to go after her. My heart hurt knowing Grace was hurting. Before I could go after her Macy pulled my arm back. "What the hell is wrong with you! Are you stupid? How could you do that to her! I could kill you right now Arsen." Macy screamed while Matthew tried to hold her back.

"Get out of my way Macy." I said trying my best to keep my cool. I pushed past her and ran towards Graces room. I began frantically knocking on her door while shaking the door knob. She needed to know that I would never ever do that to her. I couldn't even look at another girl. Let alone kiss one.

"Grace you have to listen to me. It really isn't what tou thinks. Please Grace open the door." I said pleading her. She made no move to open the door but I could hear her ragged breathing. She was crying. And I was the reason for it.

I saw Macy walking towards me looking livid. "Move Arsen, she doesn't want to talk to you, get lost." She said pushing me back.

Great even my sister didn't believe me.

"Macy. She is my mate. Don't tell me what to do." I growled at her. She was making me mad and I was losing my control.

Matthew noticed this and tried to calm us both down. "Okay guys calm down. Grace obviously isn't going to open the door anytime soon and you two fighting out here won't make a difference."

"Fine. I'll be back later." I growled. I needed to cool off and take my wolf out for a run before I lost control.

I walked outside the pack house and shifted before running into the woods.

I ran and ran for hours before I felt exhausted and stopped. I slipped on a pair of shorts that we kept in a basket outside the house and walked back in. I rubbed a hand down my face as I sat on my bed.

Grace was mad at me and wouldn't listen to me. I didn't want to sleep knowing she was angry and hurt but exhaustion rolled over me in waves. It wasn't long before I fell asleep, the day's events looming over me.

-*-*-*-*-*

There you have it! He didn't cheat!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Leave feedback, and please vote!

What are your thoughts on Nicks mate?

Thoughts on Alpha Sean?

Hope you all liked this glimpse into Arsen's POV!

Look out for the next chapter!

Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 155K 80
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Although in Layla's case this wasn't it. Ever...
1.3M 26.2K 49
He was the alpha of one of the strongest packs across the world. Everybody was afraid of him and curious to know who was his mate, but there was a se...
5.9K 179 20
"Mate." they both whispered at the same time. Both. Two. I couldn't fight it either, "Mate." Came out of my mouth and my eyes glanced between the bro...
14.2K 256 39
Tsk-tsk. Alex Hayes lets her anger get the best of her one horrible day. An abusive father takes role in beating his child senseless everyday for two...