The Liar's Wife (Adam Levine...

By adam_and_jane

{Book #3 of The Obsessed Series} Something is rotten in the state of Idaho. When Adam and his new wife Jane... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Asylum
Chapter 2: The Way I Was
Chapter 3: Goodnight Goodnight
Chapter 4: Never Gonna Leave This Bed
Chapter 5: Rumour Has It
A Brief Interlude
Author's Note!
Chapter 6: Out of Goodbyes
Chapter 7: The Man Who Never Lied
Chapter 8: Do Re Mi
Chapter 9: Applause
Chapter 10: Make You Feel My Love
Chapter 11: Love Somebody
Chapter 12: I Can't Lie
Chapter 13: 22 and I'm With You
Chapter 14: Fortune Teller
Chapter 15: Hard Knock Life
Chapter 16: Tangled
Chapter 17: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Chapter 18: I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Chapter 19: Once Upon a Dream
Chapter 20: Not In Death But Just In Sleep
Chapter 21: Daylight
Chapter 22: Rehab
Chapter 23: Someone Like You (Part 1)
Chapter 23: Someone Like You (Part 2)
Chapter 24: Let Go
Chapter 25: Story
Chapter 26: Back To Black, The Sun
Chapter 27: Wake Me Up
Don't Miss! It's Only Temporary (An Original Romance Novel)
Song Credits
Author's Note (on "originality")

Another Brief Interlude

5.3K 212 72
By adam_and_jane

Flash Forward: July 2063

Jane stood silently in one corner of the room, watching as Adele and Avril attempted to wrangle the increasingly restless herd of grandchildren. Adam's two daughters couldn’t have turned out more differently, Jane thought to herself. Adele’s dark brown hair, so curly as a child, had relaxed into loose waves as she’d grown older. Avril had the hair that turned heads though. It looked garish here in this sea of black. She’d tried to pull it back into a conservative French twist, but there was no concealing that shock of bright flaming red.

Jane heard a voice beside her, interrupting her thoughts. “You have a beautiful family.” She turned and was surprised to see Stephanie Germanotta still lingering here among the last of the mourners. “Remind me,” the woman continued. “Which of the girls was yours?”

Jane was taken aback by the question. One of the shocks of growing old, she had found, was the way her contemporaries had slowly lost their filter. She didn’t know if it was dementia. In some cases, perhaps. Mostly, she thought, the knowledge of one’s imminent demise had a way of lowering inhibitions. And this was Lady Gaga, after all. Inhibitions had never really been her strong suit, even in her youth.

In any case, it was an open secret that Adam Levine’s daughters had two different mothers. You just had to look at them to figure out that much. It was funny, she thought, how neither of the girls particularly resembled their father. Perhaps in personality and talent, but not in appearance. They’d both taken after their respective mothers, and the result was a pair of half-sisters who looked like they might not have been related at all.

Jane touched her hand to her own hair self-consciously. She’d given up on dye jobs years ago and let her hair revert to grey. Which of the girls was hers? Back when her hair was still its natural color, the answer would have been obvious enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.4K 88
"W-we can't d-do this." I said shakily as he locks the door behind him and it immediately shut off the noises of the drunk adults laughter. "We've be...
895K 27.7K 35
When plain Jane, Aubrey finds a guy burried in the sand, she naturally helps him. He thanks her by kissing her which throughs her right off, not havi...
386K 13.4K 59
Fire is all Agnes has known during this last two years. With 18 years she enters "The Elite Academy of arts" ready to fulfill her dreams and become s...
3.7M 97.3K 38
Highest Ranking: #4 in Romance #1 in forcedlove Please read 'Yours Forcefully' before reading this book. ...