Rough Heart | ethan dolan

بواسطة bymarsammie

some people say that the most important things in life cannot be seen or even touched; they are felt with the... المزيد

before reading
[one - eric & gregory?]
[two - secrets & fights]
[three - making a deal]
[four - another fight?]
[five - defending ethan & charlie's downfall]
[six - cleaning the mess]
[seven - helping ethan & finding a note]
[eight - can't take it anymore]
[nine - samantha hughes?]
[ten - jealousy, kayaking, & changing ethan]
[eleven - introducing robert]
[twelve - coming up for fresh air]
[thirteen - where's ethan?]
[fourteen - skipping class]
[fifteen - confessions & finding ethan]
[sixteen - love?]
[seventeen - revealing & talking]
[nineteen - football team & locke howard]
[twenty - birthday party plans & a heartbeat]
[twenty one - football tryouts & finding another note]
[twenty two - anne's painting & homecoming plans]
[twenty three - mother's know everything & ethan breaking the rules]
[twenty four - the damn car horn]
[twenty five - "hell"coming pt.1]
[twenty six - "hell"coming pt.2]
[twenty seven - "hell"coming pt.3]
[twenty eight - talking it out & making a promise]
[twenty nine - another note & disappointing anne]
[thirty - convincing the principal]
[thirty one - a present for ethan & an unexpected call]
[thirty two - helping anne & ethan's birthday gift]
[thirty three - E&G's birthday party pt.1]
[thirty four - E&G's birthday party pt.2]
[thirty five - E&G's birthday party pt.3]
[thirty six - the aftermath of disaster]
[thirty seven - time to explain]
[thirty eight - the story of ethan's past]
[thirty nine - "for you, jess"]
[forty - have you ever?]
[forty one - first time in a long time]
[forty two - charlie's return & anne's news]
[forty three - understanding, a bucket list, & a sleepover]
[forty four - a night spent with ethan]
[forty five - ethan vs. charlie... pt.2?]
[forty six - "he needs me."]
[forty seven - we can never go back]
[forty eight - samantha spills]
[forty nine - emotional anne & finding a final note]
🔴[news - NOT A CHAPTER (please read!)]
[fifty - leaving for new jersey]
[fifty one - new jersey wedding weekend pt.1]
[fifty two - new jersey wedding weekend pt.2]
[fifty three - new jersey wedding weekend pt.3]
[fifty four - new jersey wedding weekend pt.4]
[fifty five - graduation gowns & dreaded words]
[fifty six - the days after anne]
[epilogue]
artwork and news

[eighteen - shhh, i'm sleeping]

57.3K 1.8K 1.7K
بواسطة bymarsammie

I almost gasp when I look over to the clock on Ethan's bedside table and see that it's almost ten o'clock. My mom is going to kill me, especially since it's a school night.

Tonight has easily been one of the best nights I have ever had. Ethan finally opened up to me, and we've spent the last couple hours lying here on his bed, snuggling, kissing, and just talking about how everything has led up to this. Feeling the warmth of his body next to mine has now become my favorite feeling in the world. I could lie here next to him, my head resting on his chest, and listen to his deep, raspy voice for hours and hours. 

We also talked about Sarah and Charlie tonight. I told him that Charlie has always been a pretty good guy and has always been good to Sarah, despite his recent downfall. I talked to Ethan about how I wish things would not have ended the way they did with Sarah and Charlie, and how bad I feel for her.

"I feel bad for her too. She seems like a nice girl." Was Ethan's reply. His simple response was enough to warm my heart. 

I also went out on a limb and asked Ethan about Robert.

"So, what do you think of Robert?" I remained completely still as I waited for his answer.

He shrugged against me. 

"It's a good thing that he makes your mom really happy." I quickly added.

"Yeah, I guess."

I decided not to push it any further for the time being, and suggested we watch a movie. 

My last moments laying in Ethan's arms on his bed are spent with me thinking about what is next. Will he actually talk to me at school now, or will he try to act like none of this even happened? The thought makes me sick.

He said he wanted to be with me, so hopefully he shows it.

I try to shake the negative thoughts out of my mind and focus on the random Netflix movie Ethan popped on the screen. Then, I remember the time.

I don't want to leave. Especially when his arms are wrapped firmly around me, and my head is leant against his chest, and I can hear the soft, rhythmic beat of his troubled heart. I don't want to even move.

"Ethan, I should probably head home now, so my mom isn't too mad at me."

I look up to see his eyes shut closed, and his mouth slightly agape. He's had a long day, no wonder he fell asleep.

I try my best to slip out of his firm grip and stand up from the bed without waking him. I cringe when the hardwood floor creaks from under me once I finally slide out of the bed, but recover when I notice Ethan didn't react. I tip-toe towards his bedroom door, and look back once more when I reach it. His eyes slowly open.

"Are you leaving?" 

"Yeah, it's getting late." 

He looks around for a moment, trying to collect the scene around him. 

"Okay. I'll see you at school."

"Yeah, if you actually show up,"

"Shhh, I'm sleeping."

He jokingly turns over on his side and snores obnoxiously. I roll my eyes and laugh at him.

"Sweet dreams, idiot." I whisper before opening the door.

"Wait, Jess!" I hear him from behind me.

I turn on my heel and face him.

His incredibly good-looking, messy bed hair is making my knees go weak. Not to mention his deep, sleepy voice sounds like music from heaven.

"Thank you for tonight. Thank you for everything-"

"Shhh, go back to sleep."

I smile at him.

"You're always welcome." I add before finally exiting his bedroom and closing the door behind me. 

I debate whether or not to go say something to Grayson, but decide against it as I walk down the large stairs. I will never get over how beautifully decorated Anne's house is.

Or... mansion, I should say.

Suddenly, the front door opens, and I jump back a bit. Anne appears in the door frame and slowly enters the house.

"Hey, Anne, I was just leaving." I smile at her.

"Oh hello, dear! Did you guys have fun tonight?"

"Yes, we did. How was your dinner?" I ask her.

"Oh, dinner was lovely. Robert really knows how to spoil a woman, let me tell you." She laughs.

"I'm glad you had fun."

"Listen, while I've got you here, can I ask you something?" 

Anne's sudden serious tone causes my smile to fade. I nod and she grabs my hands, dragging me to the nearest couch. We sit down next to each other and she gently forces a smile at me.

"He was at his father's grave, wasn't he?" She almost whispers.

I look into her kind eyes and nod slowly.

"Yes."

She releases my hands and leans back into the couch, sighing.

"How was he?"

"Not so good." I decide to tell the truth.

She shakes her head and looks down into her lap.

"I can't thank you enough for helping with him and everything. Nobody else can get to him the way you do."

I smile at her.

"I admire him, Anne. He's a great person when he wants to be." 

"I couldn't agree more." 

She smiles back at me and for the first time, I see hope in Anne's eyes instead of fear. 

"Oh, and one more thing; I've told Grayson, but haven't gotten the chance to tell Ethan. Robert has a son that goes to Clearview. He's a junior, and he's having trouble making friends. His name is Locke, Locke Howard and if you see him in the hallways or anything, it would mean a lot to Robert and I if you and Grayson tried to talk to him or something. I know you two would be very nice to him."

"Of course! I would be more than happy to. Grayson and I could even take him out for lunch or something one day."

"Oh, that would be so lovely. It would mean the world. He got bullied a lot at his old school, so Robert thought transferring him to Clearview would make things better, but so far it hasn't."

"I'll make sure Grayson and I talk to him." I promise her.

-

When I finally get home around eleven, I manage to sneak in quietly, and I am lucky when my mom is asleep rather than standing in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest, ready to kill me. 

Once I finally get into my bed, I decide to check my phone, which I haven't checked all night.

I try my best to ignore the several messages from my mother. I scroll down to see a couple from Lilly, and my heart skips a beat when I see Ethan's name flash across my screen. I quickly tap on his name to reveal a message he just sent.

Ethan: Did you get home safely?

I smile like a freak down at my phone screen.

Jessica: Yes, I'm home now.

Ethan: You should come back over and get back in bed with me.

He's even crazier than I thought.

Jessica: Go back to sleep, idiot.

Ethan: Maybe another night then? :)

Jessica: Shhh, I'm sleeping.

___

sooo sorry for the lack of updates. i haven't had any time to write lately! 

updates will be every saturday night from now on, with an occasional second update in the middle the week.

as always, please vote and comment what you thought. it helps out a ton.

thanks! :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

625K 7.9K 145
Imagines of the twins
174K 1.5K 25
Imagines of Ethan and Grayson Dolan. All imagines are written by me :) sorry my writing sucks btw
60.5K 599 34
Kayleigh Rose is talented at everything. From basketball to singing, from dancing to her fluency on sarcasm. She has never had a boyfriend or her fir...
9K 286 23
some may think that once a heart is broken, it can never be restored. this was the case for Ethan Dolan. the once upbeat guy everyone used to know a...