180 Days (TeacherxStudent)

By AngieTheTurtle

180 Days: At first, it seems like a long time. But as days go on, you wish time would slow down. You start to... More

Chapter 1 - How the hell do you pronounce this word?!
Chapter 2 - Oh mai gush
Chapter 3 - What is sleep?
Chapter 4 - I can't think of a name so this will be it
Chapter 5 - Dat tension tho
Chapter 6 - He's Mintal (get it mental but his name is Min so he's mintal lmao)
Let me know!
Chapter 7 - Taekwondon't you do that bruh
Chapter 8 - Oh hell nah
Chapter 9 - What is a dilemma?
Chapter 10 - Cindeez nuts (wow that's so old lmao)
Chapter 11 - Damn bro like eyes on yourself smh
Chapter 12 - Netflix and chill lmao
Chapter 13 - Confirmation
Yejun
Chapter 14 - Flatbush Shenanigans
Chapter 14 - Flatbush Shenanigans (contd)
Chapter 15 - Yejun goofed (get it ya done goofed, Yejun goofed lmao)
Chapter 16 - Eggs
Yejun II
Chapter 17 - Change
Chapter 18 - Don't look back
Chapter 19 - Living in the Past
Appreciation
Chapter 20 - A giant fucking turkey
Chapter 21 - Finally
Yejun III
Chapter 22 - Clarifying
Chapter 23 - Kanye West is my father
Yeong Jin
Chapter 24 - Smell my finger lmao
Chapter 25 - Light my pubes on fire
Chapter 26 - J. Cole has cooties
Chapter 27 - How is there almond milk if almonds don't have titties?
Chapter 28 - Soju nights
Yejun IV
Chapter 29 - Muay Taekwondo (get it? Muay Thai? Taekwondo? Smd)
Ayy!
Chapter 31 - I'll think of a name later
Chapter 32 - Neomu saranghae, Yejun
Epilogue
With You

Chapter 30 - Gelato is the shit, fight me if you think otherwise

3.6K 141 64
By AngieTheTurtle

Kat and I waited for Yejun. In the meantime, we talked about her progress in Muay Thai.

"I kinda want to spar Matt, but I'm scared."

"Just ask, don't be afraid."

Kat shuttered. "Have you not seen him? Especially after a tiring day, he tries to go even harder to keep himself alert. Len, he's crazy."

"You have to get used to it. Find his patterns and counter them, don't be afraid. Let me know if you'll need help."

"Girl, I'm barely a fighter. Of course my ass will need help!" I laughed and lightly punched her arm.

"Okay bum."

Finally, Yejun walked back in and sat down. He sighed and gestured to the food. "Sorry for the wait guys, Haeun is so annoying."

"What did she say?" I asked.

He opened up his soup and shrugged. "The same thing. I got fed up and walked away. She doesn't take no for an answer."

Yejun dipped his bread in the soup and took a bite out. "You guys aren't going to eat? If that's the c—" Kat instantly took a bite out of her sandwich and I let out a loud laugh.

I picked up my sandwich and we began to eat. "So what's going to happen now?"

"I honestly don't know. Haeun told me she wants to talk more, but what is there to talk about? She told me the same thing she said over the phone." I sighed and took a sip of my, now, cold chocolate, "But it's okay. I told her if I catch anyone tailing us, I'm beating the shit out of them."

Kat scoffed while I rolled my eyes. "Aigoo, how can you both be so cruel? I'm serious."

"Aigoo?"

"It's like... Oh my?"

"Aigoo, this Haeun bitch won't stop playing."

Yejun cracked a grin and Kat held her laugh. "Alright guys, let's eat."

--

Yejun opened the door and held it for me. "Thanks." I said as I took my shoes off. It was kinda late. Kat usually leaves clothes at my house, so I didn't have to worry about her going back for them.

I sat on the couch and laid my head on the armrest. "Len, come with me." I looked over at him and furrowed my eyebrows at the paper bags he had. Getting up, I followed him upstairs to his room.

"There's something I want to show you. It isn't really... Erhm..." His face turned a light shade of pink. "Hold these, please."

Yejun looked up. My eyes followed his gaze. I never noticed a small door up there. He unbuckled the seal and pulled the string. Suddenly, we began to cough as a ladder dropped.

He took the bags and began to climb. How he was able to hold on to the ladder and the bags, I have no idea. I took a deep breath and climbed it after. He gave me a hand and I took it.

It was beautiful. The sky was a royal blue with two or three stars dimly lit. The moon hid behind the purple clouds, occasionally peeking though. A soft wind blew over us and I let out a sigh.

Tomorrow is the first of May, prom is less than two weeks away.

Yejun's strong hands entangled with mine. "Come." We walked over to the middle. Yejun spread out a blanket and grabbed the other bags.

He went through one and took out pistachio gelato. I sat down and stared at him. I admired every detail of his back, every muscle slightly protruding from his arms. The way he would bite the inside of his cheeks when he was nervous.

How come I'm now noticing he does that?

His soft hair blew in the wind as he looked back at me, a familiar grin stretched across his face. I grinned back. He handed me a pint of pistachio gelato and laid his head in my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair and caressed every strand. I love you so much. His eyes fluttered open and stared at me.

"I love you, too." I didn't even realize I said that out loud. I opened the gelato and took a spoonful of it. God bless who ever thought of gelato, and putting pistachio in it.

I scooped some for Yejun and he opened his mouth. As soon as I was about to put it inside, I quickly ate it. "Aish." I laughed and gave him some. After we finished half of it, he sat up and took out more food.

"This is called ddukbokgi." He said as he opened it. I stared at the dumpling-like thing in front of me. "Try it."

I opened my mouth and he put one inside. It was spicy! I smiled as I chewed. This is amazing! "I really like this, it's so good." He nodded, "Umma was good at making them. They'd sell fast."

I felt a shudder pass through me at the thought of his mother. He slowly came back to the present and gave me a sad smile. Oh Yejun. "I wish I could've tried hers."

"I can make it like her! I used to help her when I was younger."

"That's so lit, we're definitely doing this next time I come over." Yejun laughed and slurped some up. "Definitely."

After we finished eating, Yejun set the empty containers aside and stood up. He outstretched his hand out towards me and I took it. He helped me up and got into fighting stance.

I raised an eyebrow. He stared at me with a playful glint in his eyes. Rolling my eyes, I went into my Muay Thai stance.

"Taekwondo."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I changed it to Taekwondo. "Good, chariyot!"

"Yes sir!" I laughed as I put my arms at my side and my legs together.

"Junbi!"

"Aiya!" I yelled.

Yejun smirked. "Chariyot! We're doing poomsae, yes sir?"

"Yes sir!" I said as I put my arms at my side again.

"Junbi!"

Putting my fists in front of me, I yelled aiya.

"Taegeuk il jang!"

Oh shit, I forgot orange belt form. Yejun saw the panic on my face and instantly started laughing. "Okay, I'll do it with you."

He turned away from me and started counting. Although I tried to focus on my moves, I couldn't help how graceful Yejun's form was.

Poomsae, dream fighting.

I imagined the hitmen who came after us getting their ass handed to them one by one. Yejun moved with such power and grace. I imagined him in his uniform with his black belt tied onto his waist. I imagined the sound the uniform would make when you'd move in it— almost like a flap.

Suddenly, memories of us in his class swarmed my mind. I missed kicking targets, and helping everyone adjust their kicks.

Finally, we finished. He turned to me and we bowed to each other. Yejun stared at me in confusion. "What's wrong?"

I want to help him actually teach classes with little kids, teens and adults. I want to impact lives like he impacted mine.

I want to be a black belt with Yejun.

"I-I..." Nothing could come out of my mouth. I was speechless. He gave me a small smile, "I really missed you in Taekwondo, Len."

I bowed my head in shame. I know what happened between us was the reason why I transferred out, but I never realized how much I missed doing this with him until now. "I'm sorry."

"Aish, don't say sorry. Come." He opened his arms and I instantly hugged him.

"I'll continue Taekwondo."

"You can't transfer back in, tomorrow's the first or May."

"I meant Taekwondo class at the dojang."

"Really? What about Muay Thai?"

"I'll balance them!" We pulled away from each other, staring into each other's eyes. The playful glint in his eyes was long gone.

"I want to be a black belt with you..." His eyes suddenly welled with tears, surprising the hell out of me. He looked away. I grabbed his face and wiped his tears with my thumbs.

"Oohh, why ah you ah cryingu?" I said with a small smile. Yejun smiled and hugged me back to his chest.

"Then become a black belt with me, it's never too late."

--

After Yejun called me on Saturday complaining about being hungover, I ended up sleeping over. Not gonna lie, his alcohol tolerance isn't bad. When Haeun called, I saw at least a good four or five bottles of soju on the floor. It makes me wonder how much it takes for him to start feeling tipsy.

He squirmed in his sleep and pulled me closer. "Len..." He mumbled.

I stared at his sleeping figure. Small beads of sweat slowly appeared on his forehead and I wiped them off. Is he hot? Maybe I should turn the AC on. I moved to turn it on, but he pulled me closer. "Stay..."

"Damn. Even in your sleep, you're annoying as hell."

For the next hour, I poked his cheek and played with his hair. Even though it isn't that hot, he kept on sweating. Is it me? It's true that rooms get hotter when there're black people.

"Yejun." I mumbled as I poked his cheek for the thousandth time.

His eyes lightly fluttered and he yawned. I poked his nose and his eyes finally opened. "Len?"

"Are you ready for today?"

Yejun furrowed his eyebrows. "Today...?"

I guess he doesn't want to meet Dad, he's tired anyways. "Nothing, get more rest."

I waited another two hours before Yejun fully awoke. It was 11 AM, so we still had the whole day to ourselves. "Ah, abeonim! It's Sunday!"

"We can see Dad ano—"

"Aniya! I'll start getting ready!" Yejun got up and ran to the bathroom. I took off my satin bonnet (yes I remembered, fools 😂😂😂), and went in the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Len, can you get my phone?"

I went back into the room and got his phone. "I know damn well your phone isn't waterproof."

"Of course it is! This is why Samsung is better than Apple."

"Oohh..." I muttered under my breath, "Dissu why Sa—"

"Len!"

I laughed and handed him his phone. "You better not be taking nudes in there."

"Good idea." I rolled my eyes.

Music filled the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face with black soap. It's funny how so much of my stuff is here, I practically moved in. Suddenly, I paused and started listening to the lyrics.

'Can I run and hide
I'm stuck inside my memories
Step away from time
take me to a place
where I will never grow old'

His voice was beautiful and flowed so well. I turned the faucet off to listen more, but realized the singer started speaking in Korean.

"Bae!"

Yejun stuck his head from behind the curtain, his hair stuck to his forehead like glue. "Who sings this?"

"Sam Kim, why?"

"I like it." Yejun grinned, "Same. It reminds me of two things."

I washed my mouth and wiped my face on my face rag. "What two things?"

He stuck his head out again. "Home, and you."

This song reminds him of me and home? What does the Korean parts mean? I left the bathroom and waited for him to finish.

He walked out in his boxers and headed for his closet. "Yejun, can you explain the song to me?" He smiled. "I'll explain it one day."

Rolling my eyes, I looked down at my phone. What were the lyrics again? Okay, so it's by Sam Kim. I typed in his name and thought of the lyrics.

I tried to hum it, but the lyrics wouldn't come to mind. Damn it! I took off my sleeping clothes and went to change. Unlike Yejun, I mainly bathe at night, so it saves me a lot of time.

I put on a plain red shirt and light blue jeans. They were ripped at the knees, just the way I like them. I cuffed the bottoms and put on white socks. Going to the bathroom, I stared at my reflection.

I've been thinking about wearing make up. Where should I shop, Sephora? I do like cat liners and natural-toned colors. Hm. I sprayed my hair with leave in conditioner and started taking out my braids. After about ten minutes, my twist out was fire. I went back into his room and put Blistex on my lips.

"Are you ready?" Yejun stepped out of his closet with a sheepish grin. He was still wearing his boxers.

"Take your time."

"Um... What should I wear?" Dad doesn't really mind, as long as he doesn't look like he's straight out of prison.

"Mind dressing me again?" I shrugged and got up. I walked into his closet. Dad really loves suits, but he also likes casual. Business casual maybe? But then I look to casual next to Yejun.

I pulled out a plain white shirt and dark washed jeans. I grabbed his navy blue suit top and handed it to him. I found a nice pair of Nike's and turned back.

"Here you go." He put his pants on and took the shoes from me. No matter what Yejun wears, he looks amazing.

Yejun put the Rolex on his wrist and fixed his hair in the closet mirror. "I need a haircut."

"You look fine."

"Do I really? What if your father doesn't like me?"

I smiled. "Dad will love you." Yejun sighed and nodded.

We headed out and walked to the N train. Our hands intertwined as we waited for the train. We listened to music, and I ended up falling asleep on his shoulder.

He woke me up about an hour later. "Len, what stop do we get off at?"

I blinked and looked up. "Um... Where are we?" I looked around and the automatic announcer spoke. 'This is 14 Street Union Square. Transfer's available to the 4, 5, 6, L, Q and R trains.'

"We get off at 59th." I muttered.

"Ah, sorry."

I muttered something again and fell asleep on his shoulder. I jerked up, glaring at Yejun. He grinned, "Sorry nae sarang, we're here."

The train doors opened and we got up. We waited for the R and transferred to the E after. "Whoa, he lives far away."

"Yeah, he lives in Jamaica, Queens."

"Is it because he's Jamaican?"

I laughed and punched his arm. "Of course not! It's because we have family there. We like staying near family. It isn't good to be alone."

I realized I shouldn't have said that. The longing in Yejun's eyes made me frown. "We're family. My family is your family."

Almost an hour later, we waited for the bus. Finally, we were at Dad's house. I rang the bell and saw the curtains move. I smiled. The door opened and Dad engulfed me in a hug. We hugged each other tight. "Hey Dad."

He pulled away from me and grinned. Dad wore an orange marina shirt and medium jeans with brown sandals.

"How come you're visiting me now? You've lost so much weight, oh Lord Jesus." I poked his beer belly and laughed when he kissed his teeth. Finally, he looked behind me. The smile slowly vanished as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Len, is this..."

I looked back at Yejun and gestured him to come next to me. "Hello Mr. Hunter, my name is Yejun Min." Yejun held his hand out and Dad shook it. I noticed how tight Dad's grip was and inwardly groaned.

Yejun let out a nervous chuckle and we all went inside. "Would you guys like some tea?"

"Thanks Dad!"

"Yes sir."

I looked at Yejun and tried not to laugh. His eyes roamed around. Dad's house is nice. I would love to live here, but it's at least a good two hours from my school, whereas Mom's house is like 30-40 mins.

Yejun spotted a baby picture of me and grinned. I punched his arm. Dad came back with a platter and put it down. We took our tea and Dad let out a sigh.

"How old are you?"

"I am 23, sir."

"Where are you from? China?"

"Dad!" I groaned.

"No sir, I am from South Korea." I heard the pride in his voice and smiled.

"How did you meet my daughter?"

"I am her Taekwondo instructor." Dad looked over at me. "I thought you were taking karate?"

"No Dad, that's Muay Thai, but I also take Taekwondo."

He nodded and looked back at Yejun. Dad was judging him really hard. Suddenly, his eyes paused. I followed his gaze and realized he was looking at the Rolex.

Dad looked at me. "Are you sure?" Yejun was confused.

Even though something keeps on telling me Yejun and I won't last, I would still want him to keep it. I raised the bracelet, the Korean and Jamaican flag twinkled in the light.

"I am, Dad."

Dad looked at the bracelet, a look of realization flickering in his eyes. "Len, I understand he's your first, but are you sure?"

"Dad. You know how I am. I am more than sure."

He looked back at Yejun and smiled. "Okay. I never thought I'd live to see my little girl introduce me to her boyfriend."

I got up and hugged him. "Stop talking like that."

"Len, do you think I'll live to walk you down the aisle?" I closed my eyes as my heart dropped. Dad is in his 70's and always has this thought in the back of his mind.

"Of course you will. Stop talking like that..." I whispered. He laughed, "Okay."

Dad knows I hate it when he talks like that. I kissed his cheek and went back to Yejun.

"Does your mother know?"

I frowned. "She knows of him, but not him. Yejun would bring me home sometimes, and of course her friends would tell her."

Dad nodded. "He's the same person who hurt you." Yejun and I instantly tensed. I never told him I told Dad about him.

I cleared my throat. "I-It was..."

"Listen here Ye..."

"Yejun."

"Ye..ah, Yejun. My daughter called me crying over you. Don't give me that look Len. I'm letting you know this right now, if I ever find out she's crying over you again, I'm going to hurt you. She's my last daughter and is my baby. I'm not giving her to you yet, but just know that I am always watching. If you spill water on her, I'll know. There is no reason to be in a relationship if you're going to break up. So tell me Yejun, will you break up with my daughter?"

Yejun seemed to be confused, his furrowed eyebrows confirming it. Dad does have a thick Jamaican accent, so I wouldn't be surprised if Yejun didn't understand anything.

"Mr. Hunter, I love your daughter too much to even think of that." I smiled and poked his cheek. Yejun smiled back and began to fondle the Rolex.

"She has my heart."

I rolled my eyes at how corny he was being. I picked up the cup and took a gulp of the hot peppermint tea. The burning sensation on my tongue was amazing. Hot tea is the best.

Dad turned the TV on. The Mets were playing the Yankees, beating them 3-1. He always loved The Mets. "I'll never understand baseball."

Dad turned to Yejun. "I'll explain it to you." After about a good ten minutes, Yejun started understanding more. Before we knew it, it started getting late.

"Next time tell me you're coming over! I could've cooked something." I pursed my lips at Dad as he hugged me.

"We'll eat on our way back, thank you Mr. Hunter."

"You know how to cook, right?"

"Of course! I consider it embarrassing if you don't know how to." Dad grinned and slapped Yejun's back, "Good. I'll see you around, make sure you guys visit again soon. Call me when you get home."

I kissed Dad's cheek and Yejun bowed to him. We left and waited on the bus.

"Your father is kind. How old is he?"

"74."

Yejun gasped. "74?! How?! I thought he was in his 50's?!"

I smiled. "Black doesn't crack, Yejun."

"If he's 74, then..." His voice slowly became a whisper.
I practically saw the gears shifting in his irises. The bus came and we put our Metrocards in. The Q5 isn't always this packed. We held on to the pole.

"I want to see him again soon."

I smiled. "Sure! How's next week?"

Yejun nodded. "Has he ever tried Korean food?"

"I don't think so."

"I'm definitely bringing food!"

I smiled and poked his cheek. "Okay, Oppa." He smiled and pecked my lips.

--

YO BEFORE YOU CHUCK STONES, HEAR ME OUT. SHIT WENT DOWN THIS WEEK AND I COULDNT WRITE.

Chariyot - At ease (pretty much the same as tenshin)
Poomsae - Form; Dream fighting

You guys dead think I'm playing, I wrote mad versions of this chapter. One day, I'm going to post all go the chapters that never made it.

As for the sequel! There won't be one. I'm going to post an epilogue, but that's it. I want to work on another story soon, and yes, it will be AMBW. I think all of my stories from now on will be AMBW. I'm also tired of writing about high school, so this one will take place in college.

Will it be about Len and Yejun? Nah. Will the girl be Jamaican? Lmao yup. 🇯🇲🇯🇲🇯🇲 Will the guy be Korean? I don't think so, maybe Chinese.

So yeah! We got like.. I keep on saying five chapters, but I think it's 5 left.

Anyways, I go back to college next week. I have to be on campus a week earlier because of my graphic design job (it pays for half of my room and board, like God bless). I'll try to find time to write and shit, but I got y'all.

YO IS ANYONE WATCHING THE DRAMA DOCTORS (DOCTOR CRUSH)? SONNNNN THIS SHIT GOT ME ON THE EDGE LIKE BRUH.

I always say I'll revise the chapter, but I'm way too lazy lmao. If you guys ever see mistakes, please point them out! Alright I'm out, I love you guys. ❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 44.8K 39
He's new. He's a history teacher. He's young. He's very good looking. He is Harry Styles. When Kim Martins starts her new school year as a junior s...
78.8K 2.1K 69
This is the NEW version of Owning Her, the old one is still up on my page!! "So Professor Jones, does this mean that we are an actual thing now?" "Pr...
334K 17.2K 61
Synopsis Gulf You. Ruined. Me. Took me three years to finally move on. 3 years to stop scheming on how I can hurt you the way you hurt me. Then now y...