Silvere

Por JuneValentine

"Every wolf has a weakness, Silvere is mine." Silvere is a forbidden apple to all werewolves, because of her... Más

Chapter One: Sixteen years a werewolf
Chapter Three: Lycan Alpha
Chapter Four: Midnight with a Lycan

Chapter Two: '67 Chevy Impala

13.6K 766 145
Por JuneValentine

 "Oh, dig my shallow grave.

'cause It's not me you'll save;

'cause I'm a lost a cause."

Imagine Dragons, Lost Cause.

The Jeep stopped as it pulled back into my driveway, the long day weighing down on my shoulders as I exited the shotgun, and slammed the door shut. My eyelids threatened to shut as I waved to Winter, her hand quickly flicking me good night before donuting out of the drive way back to her own home outside of Lawrence, Oklahoma.

I dragged my feet as I walked up to the porch, my hands knocking on the door; I leaned up against the screen door and hoped that my brother was still awake.

"Coming!" A high pitched girly voice said from inside; I groaned angrily and looked to see Clarisse on the other side of the door; her hair messed up from a night with Simon.

"Really?" I asked to myself, as she opened it and smiled.

She was a nice girl, beautiful and sweet; completely unknown to the fact that Simon had already found his mate. It wasn't her fault that Simon hasn't told the pack that Winter is his mate, but the disgust of him being with anyone but Winter made bile run up my throat. "Where is Simon, Clare?" I wondered, trying my best not to sound frustrated.

"In his room, he's asleep; he was pretty tired after..." She blushed a vibrant red, it almost made me laugh at her embarrassment, but I held it in and kept my straight face.

I pushed her aside, smiling politely, before running up the stairs.

"I wouldn't go up there, he's mighty tired." Clarisse warned, but I shrugged it off.

Turning to her on the staircase, I cocked my eyebrows, "Simon is my brother- and if not the least, he deserves to be woken in the middle of the night if he is going to..." I trailed off before I could cause damage to Clarisse's reputation. She really wasn't a skank, werewolves usually weren't. But she was sleeping with my best friend's mate, but then again my stupid brother decided not to tell anyone about his mate, so the fault is all his.

I opened his door, seeing his shirtless figure cascaded over his ruffled bed, but I knew they hadn't had sex in his bedroom, they never do. He doesn't let anyone, minus himself and sometimes an exception for me, in his shrine of a room that was dedicated to dark color schemes and old posters of bands like Queen and Metallica hung from ceiling to floor. He hadn't changed it once in the last five years.

"Hey," He whispered, looking up from his pillow and digging his face into the sheets.

"You son of a b-"

"Don't start, I feel guilty enough." Simon whispered, his arms tightening around the pillow.

I rolled my eyes, kicking off my boots, and sitting on his bed. "Then why do you do it?" I wondered, "If I had a mate, I'd never look at any other man." I told him truthfully, laying down beside him.

When we were younger, our family would go on camping trips; when our parents would go run off into the woods to shift into their wolves, we'd lay in our sleeping bags and point at the stars. One day, our mother and father didn't come back until the next day, rendering us helpless in the wilderness; the entire night, Simon had held me, and I had cried on his chest until I was too dehydrated to cry any longer. We were only kids back then, Simon eight or so, and I growing out of my toddling years.

Right now it reminded me of that moment, because by the look in his eyes, I could tell he was going to cry. He didn't usually show a lot of emotion other than anger, but he felt helpless with his situation. He didn't want to hurt Winter, but he was going mad, so he did what all men do. Try to get their mind off of the problem for just a few hours, and then return to it, only for it to hurt twice as hard. 

"Please don't tell her." He whispered finally, his voice cracking as his head had suddenly collided into my shoulder; I could feel his sobs muffled in my shoulder. For the first time since our parents died, Simon cried.

*

I woke up in my brother's bed, his body sprawled over the bed, and my head smudged into his bare armpits. I let out a cough of disgust, and sat up; slowly, I poked his cheek to check if he was still asleep. He groaned, before he sat up slowly to see me patting down my hair.

He wiped his cheeks, then his eyes, and finally he grumbled. "God, Silv, don't tell anyone about that." He said, before folding his hands on his face.

"What? That you cried like a baby in your sister's arms, or that you slept with, and leading on, possibly the most innocent girl in the pack?" I joked, quite harshly.

"Both, and she isn't the most innocent girl in the pack. That's you." He bit back at me, before pushing me lightly.

"I know." I told him, before rubbing my temples, and standing up. I was still fully dressed, besides the cardigan that I had shrugged off in the middle of the night, leaving me with a black tank top and my tights.

Simon looked at me, "Make me breakfast, will ya?" He asked.

"What if Clarisse is still downstairs?" I asked him.

He lifted his head up into the air, using his smelling abilities to find her scent in the house. He shook his head finally, "She left last night, probably around midnight." He told me.

I exited his room, leaving the door slightly ajar.

I ran down to the kitchen, and opened the fridge with a groan. We were completely out of food, minus the old, and surely molded, bacon from three months ago. I bit my lip, glancing at the clock, and then to the stairs to see if Simon was going to come down. It was clear he was going to stay upstairs until he smelled eggs and sausage; things were probably going to be tense considering he was probably humiliated by last nights episodes of tears.

"Hey, Sim!" I added an 'e' noise at the end.

"Yup?" I could hear him say from his room.

"I'm going to ride my bike to the store, we don't have anything to eat!" I shouted back up to him.

It was early in the morning, and he probably wanted space- so he'd more than likely let me go for the sake of his breakfast. His voice was groggy as he replied, "I'll let ya' go, but just this once, only because we don't have any visiting pack members from another territory this week. Clear?" He told me from his room.

"Yeah, where's your wallet?" I shouted back up to him, still scanning over the empty fridge.

"On the dining room table, ya' sure you can make it with your little bike down to the store, it sure is snowing." He added.

I laughed, "It's not a little bike, it's a mountain bike, and I'll be alright, so will my bike."

"Wear a coat!" Simon said at the last minute.

"Yes, mom!" I shouted back up to him; I could hear him chuckle through the house's floors and walked to the dining room table. I snatched up his wallet from the glass table, and walked back to the front door; grabbing Simon's old leather jacket, and a pair of my old converse that were caked with mud from my last bike ride.

*

Pedaling my bike, I watched as the trees that fenced the road passed me, the dirt road I was riding on dipped. My bike squeaked as we went down the hill, faster than usual as I felt the wind slap my face; it was nice to be away from home, away from my brother, away from everything but the bike's handles and my brother's leather jacket. It smelled like Simon, and my father.

Even after three years of Simon and I wearing it all around the place, my father's scent was still dominant, the musky scent of the forest and shaving crème, even a hint of peaches from my father putting his coat over my mother every time she'd shiver from the cold.

"Oh, God- I miss you guys." I whispered, inhaling the jacket before pulling up into the grocery store.

It was almost empty, save the fact that two cars were pulled up in the lot. One being the usual old brown Camry that belonged to Cal, the only cashier that worked here from seven in the morning to seven at night, six days a week. In the back of the lot, a... I gasped at the beautiful car, a black '67 Chevy Impala parked.

I had to get a picture taken with it, call me a Supernatural freak, but this was the first time I had seen one in real life.

I parked my bike at the front of the store, not bothering to chain it- considering no one else was bound to come anyways to steal it.  I ran inside, pulling the leather jacket closer to my body, and ran to find Cal standing lazily at the register.

Cal had graduated from Lawrence's high school a few years ago, but stayed here after the love of his life walked out of him with their child. Now he just stayed here like a broken doll.

"Cal!" I said, running to him; he was nice, and he liked anything remotely funny, meaning he laughed at some of my lame jokes. Human, too.

"Hey, Silvere." He replied, smiling.

I put my elbows on the counter of the check-out space and grinned, "Have any idea who owns that Chevy?" I asked him, nodding to the parked car.

He nodded, brushing hair out of his brown eyes before pointing to the back of the store, "Yeah, he's out back, but the fella seems to be in a mood."

"Not from around here?" I inquired.

Cal nodded, "Don't think so, if he is, never came here before. But I think I'd remember a man like him. Reminds me of your brother, tall and intimidating." He laughed shakily.

"Think I can get him to take a picture of me with his car so I can brag to Winter about posing in front of a car that looks like the Winchesters'?" I asked, smiling at him hopefully.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, Silvere." I frowned, but he grinned once again, "Ask him real nice and I bet he can't say no to that chubby face of yours!" He said, laughing.

I mocked hurt, "Chubby my butt!" I told him, before turning around and walking to the back of the store to find the owner of the car. I looked through the aisles while I tried to spot him, grabbing what we needed back home. A bag of barbecue chips for later, a jar of Nutella and a loaf of bread.

I skipped over the aisles quickly, as I neared the frozen aisles. Taking a carton of eggs that were bought from a local supplier, and a box of frozen sausages, I turned around with a frown in my face. Walking around the store to check if I could find the man, I groaned as I realized he had probably slinked out my sights and probably left with his pretty little car.

Setting the groceries on the counter, I looked up to Cal. "The man didn't happen to check out, did he?" I asked with a hopeful voice.

Cal frowned, "He did- maybe if you run, you can catch him?" He said as a suggestion. I shot a glance out to the glass doors, and smiled when I saw the tall man walking slowly to his Impala.

"Wait here!" I said to Cal.

He laughed, "Where else would I go?" He pondered, but I saw the gleam in his eyes; he'd rather be anywhere else but the town that reminded him of his ex-wife.

I ran out to the cold lot, jogging to the man that was loading his groceries into his car. My mouth watered at the sight of his leather seats, and the sleek black coating of paint.

"Uh- 'cuse me sir." I said timidly, watching the man's bending body positioned to his backseat, his back to me. He froze at my voice, at first surprised and tensed, before his shoulders slumped and he turned to look at me.

My breath was caught in my throat as I stared at the man- he was taller than my brother, I could tell by the way he stood with the sun blocked by his head. Long tendrils of black hair scooped around his face, and ended at his shoulders. At first, I thought they were just curls, but dread locks had wrapped his black hair in long knots. His strong jaw-line was etched with a 5 O'clock shadow, and his eyes, they were what blew me off of my feet, and flew me sky high. They were golden, a color of tawny and hazel flickered in them, and they were shaded with his long eyelashes- all of it finished off with his thick eyebrows, and his tanned skin.

"Uh..." I was tongue-tied, tripping over my own words as I tried to say my request. "W-would you...Picture....Winchesters." I said, utterly dumbfounded.

The man smiled, a row of pearly whites sent me to the heavens, and the calm, husky voice that left his mouth made my toes curl in my dirty converse.

"Mine." He whispered, before closing the distance between us, all thoughts of the '67 Chevy Impala lost.

A/N

Not as long as the last one, but look forward to another quick update. So far I am loving the flow of this book. What about you guys? Ya' like it, or are ya' not feeling it so far? :D

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

696K 22.4K 37
There once were two wolves who each lost a mate. Against all odds, they were brought together through an arrangement. Emerson, Alpha of the Ni...
2.3K 114 30
Tyler Price only loves two things his little sister Skylar and pack. As Alpha of Silver Moon Pack, at the age of 19. Him and his wolf Alex couldn't c...
1.2K 127 27
"I'll only ever love Hunter," Riley said to him, her tone firm as she boldly stared into his sinister gaze. He scoffed, beaming with confidence as he...
57.4K 1K 16
DISCONTINUED Rose has been living in a human town and has been home schooled her whole life. Her parents decide that she should enroll in a public h...