I Thought We Were Friends

By professional--idiot

After chopping off Sarita's arm in the walker horde, Kenny leaves Clementine to die after destroying his last... More

1: Betrayed
2: Escaping
3: I'm Not Sorry
4: I'm Not a Robber
8: Shoot Out
6: Goodbye, Sarah
7: I'm Sorry
9: First Time
10: Alvin Jr.
11: Unwanted
12: Fading

5: Racoon Shit

1.5K 29 20
By professional--idiot

This book is 473 in Adventure! I know it's not like having it 1st in Adventure, but hey, I never had a book have a number in anything! I just want to say thank you to all of you because you're the best. Okay, onto the story!

Clem's POV

When I get back to Parker's Run, I see Kenny and Rebecca by the entrance.

"I'm not supposed to be in labor yet, Kenny." Rebecca says, hunched over on the stone arch. "What if something's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. Babies know how to be born." Kenny says.

"Clementine!" Rebecca says.

"What'd you find?" Kenny asks.

"The building around back has an observation deck." I say.

"Somewhere the baby can be safer? It's coming faster then I thought." Rebecca says.

"It's high up, so it should be safe from the walkers." I say.

"Sounds good. As soon as Mike and Bonnie are back we'll go." Kenny says.

"Hey, Clem." Rebecca says. "Glad you made back safe from the observation deck. I was worried about you."

It warms my heart to see Rebecca caring about me. When I first met her, she hated me and I hated her. I didn't know we would get this close.

"I was worried about you, too. How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Scared. And it hurts." Rebecca says. "I just wish Alvin was here."

"Alvin was a good man. He was nice to me, and always looked out for everyone." I say.

"That man had one of the biggest hearts of anybody I've ever met. I should've told him that more often. I know it's a waste of time, but I can't stop thinking about the things I should've said to him. Things I should've talked to him about. How am I gonna do this myself?" 

"We'll all help you keep the baby safe." I say.

"Oh, yeah? You're a good kid, Clementine. I'm glad you're gonna be there to watch out for this baby."

Rebecca smile turns into a pained expression as she grabs her stomach. "Ugh, oh shit."

Kenny gets up and gets next to Rebecca. "I got this. We ain't seen Mike or Bonnie in a while. And I'm not saying I don't trust 'em. But I'd appreciate it if you went and checked on them." 

"Yeah, go ahead. I'll be fine." 

I turn to Kenny. "Are you okay, Kenny?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

I turn to go find Mike and Bonnie. I see Sarah hugging her knees against a wall as I leave. Poor girl.

***

I see dead walkers and graves as I walk. When I get inside the memorial, I see Mike and Bonnie searching. 

"Clementine!" Mike says.

"Clem! We thought you were dead!" Bonnie says, wrapping me in a hug.

"No, I'm okay." I say, letting go of the hug. "Jane's trying to get the place we found ready for Rebecca."

"Well, that's good." Bonnie says.

"Just gimme like ten more minutes to search around." Mike says.

"He doesn't want to go back empty handed." Bonnie says.

"What? I just want to help." Mike says.

Mike and Bonnie go back to searching and I start to look around.

"Keep one eye on the woods while we're in here. I don't want nothin' sneakin' up on us." Bonnie says.

"I'll watch this side, you watch the other." Mike says to Bonnie.

I go to the water cooler to see if there's any water in there. Empty.

"You think maybe they say that stuff about water and blankets just to get people out of the way?" Mike asks.

"Oh, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And you didn't have to come with me." Bonnie says.

"No, I wanted to...never mind." Mike says.

I walk over to the civil war canon. It looks like it might still work.

"Do you think these work?" I ask.

"No, they're just for show. Be handy, though." Mike says.

"Also really loud." Bonnie says.

"Good point." Mike says.

I walk around the canon to see a old gray coat.

"Hey, look at this! An old coat!" I say.

"Nice. Good find, Clem." Bonnie says. "You should hang onto that. It's gonna get a lot colder before it gets warmer."

"Maybe I could give it to Rebecca." I suggest.

"That's a good idea. I'm sure she'll really appreciate it." Bonnie says. "I guess you've already got that old coat I gave you. I feel so bad about everything that happened. Hopefully you won't always think of me like that."

"It seems like you're with us now. That's what matters most." I say.

Mike starts coming towards us.

"Clem found a jacket." Bonnie says.

"That's great, but, uh, isn't grey the, y'know, uh...?" Mike says. "We can't put Rebecca in a Confederate coat."

"Oh, I didn't even think about that." Bonnie says.

"I guess it's better than nothing, though." Mike says, walking off.

I go to look at a display table of the civil war. Lee would've loved this place. Him being a history teacher.

"Any luck?" Mike asks. 

"No, not yet." Bonnie says.

I walk over to the table with keychains with names on them.

"Looking for a keychain with your name on it?" Bonnie asks.

"No, why would I? I don't have any keys too put it on." I say.

"Yeah, good point." Bonnie says.

I go over to a shutter that says closed on it. I move a box blocking it. I try to open it, only getting it opened a little. I look inside to see water.

"Over here!" I call.

Bonnie looks behind the shutter. "Water! Bottled and clean, just what we need!" She try's to open the door, she looks at Mike. "It's locked. You wanna kick it down?"

"That'd make a awful lot of noise." Mike says.

"Yeah, maybe. You know, if someone was some enough, they could maybe squeeze through that gap there." Bonnie says, obviously talking about me.

"All right, all right. I'll go." I say.

"Just open the door from the other side. Mike'll carry those things out. Might be a bit heavy for ya." Bonnie says.

I try squeezing myself through the shutter, but get stuck.

"Agh...I'm stuck." I say.

"Okay. Maybe I push from..." Bonnie starts, but gets cut off by a walker grabbing my arm.

I scream and try to get my arm free, while Bonnie pulls my leg, trying to get me free. Mike kicks the door down and grabs the walker and pins him to the floor. Bonnie finally gets me free from the shutter.

"Kill it!" Mike says.

I swing my axe at his head, killing him.

"Well..that happened." Mike pants.

"Thanks, Mike." I say.

"Yeah, no problem." Mike says.

"I'm so sorry about that, Clementine. We should have been more careful." Bonnie says.

"At least now we got something to bring back." Mike says, looking at the water.

"I'll keep checking the other room." Bonnie says, walking away.

"Let's get this water." Mike says.

Mime grabs the one water jug, while I attempt to pick up the other, but I fail miserably.

"Here, I got this." Mike says, picking up the other water jug.

We walk out of the office and go outside.

"That looks heavy." I say.

"Eh, it's all right." Mike says. "I know it looks like a lot, but we could go through this pretty quick."

"We'll make a plan. Everyone will have enough." I say.

"I hope so. That baby's gonna be hard on everyone. Especially Rebecca. And between you and me, she's not looking too good." 

"Hey! Guys!" Bonnie whisper shouts, waving us over.

"Come on, stick close." Mike says.

We go behind the counter next to Bonnie, seeing a raccoon in front of us.

"It just walked in like it owned the place. Figured it'd make a nice meal." Bonnie says.

"We can eat raccoon?" I ask.

"I'd eat the shit out of that raccoon." Mike says, peering over counter.

Me and Bonnie smile at him. I didn't know he ate shit.

"Not like...I mean. Just that I'd be really happy to eat that raccoon. I'm starving." Mike says.

"Fresh meat would go a long way with Rebecca." Bonnie says.

"Yeah." Mike says.

The raccoon makes a sound and runs.

"Shoot! Don't let it get away!" Bonnie yells.

"Over there!" I say, pointing at the display table.

Bonnie attempts to grab her, but she's too fast. "Oh shit!"

I try to grab her, but like Bonnie, she's too fast. "Shoot!"

The raccoon runs behind a grave. Mike pulls his gun at her.

"Not with the walkers out there." Bonnie says, putting her hand on Mike's arm.

Two baby raccoons come out behind the mother raccoon. They all run off in fear.

"I'm even hungrier than I was before." Mike says. "How'd I get to a place where I'm sad I'm not eating raccoon?"

"Well, I'm sorta glad it got away. It had a family." I say.

"Yeah, me too." Mike says.

"Come on, let's just get back to Rebecca and the others." Bonnie says. "We don't have much time to waste."

Mike grabs the water jugs and we all head out.

I just hope Rebecca's okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.3K 3.2K 35
The first Series of The Walking Dead. #1 ClementinexMaleReader (28/10/22) Clementine Marsh is left alone when the dead start walking. She finds hers...
280K 8K 81
[Completed!] Whenever you saw Clementine pull the trigger, you've both felt... lost, unsure of what to do or where to go. You both made it out of Sav...
3.1K 52 20
Previously on The Walking Dead, Kenny killed Jane and you and Clementine stayed with Kenny. The three with AJ went to Wellington, where they wouldn't...
29K 709 35
It's been four years since the New Frontier and Clem has been on the road with AJ for quite a while. Richmond was gone so she just took AJ and it's j...