Wings of a Wanted Princess

By CynthiaCabrera

It’s been a year since Alice has been away from her true home. The fairy princess has come to earth to live l... More

Wings of a Wanted Princess
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Two

324 7 11
By CynthiaCabrera

Chapter Two

After their short conversation, Alice headed upstairs, and sat in front of her vanity mirror. She places the palm of her hand on her own reflection. Then her hazel eyes shows more sparks then it did this morning. Her light brown hair glistens against her slightly tan skin. She smiles of the excitement as she envisions her home. “Queen Celestial of Eden.” she whispers to herself.

            A woman replaces her reflection. Alice recognizes that fire red hair, and those moss green eyes. The elfish face smiles back at her. Those eyes show no hint of a battle that had happened, and simply shows happiness of a mother seeing her daughter after a long time.

            “Hello, mother.” she said. Her body stops shimmering after calling up her mother, and returns to the normal human body she dons. She bites her lip, hoping her mother will not mind how she looks. But again, her mother just seemed happy about seeing her safe.

            A tear start to form at the edge of Queen Celestial’s eyes. “Oh my dear, how happy I am to see you,” she mutters.

            Alice’s eyebrows crinkle. She just caught a glimpse of the Queen of Eden’s soft side. It was hard to see someone who was admired for being a strong leader to suddenly show some vulnerability. Alice wished she was there, only so she could hug her mother. Queen Celestial may have been in many battles in her life, but when it came to loved ones, as Alice could see, she was as soft as a lamb.

            Her mother wipes her eyes. “Sorry dear, it is just I have not seen you in so long,” her mother explains. “The castle has become quite lonely these last couple of days.” She looks down sadly.

            “Where is father?” Alice asked.

            “He went out into battle.”  Her mother looks at her. “We agreed that I will defend the castle while he defends the gate.” Queen Celestial gave Alice a smile that no one probably thought to find on a queen. A smile that would make any king even the most battle strong, bow down and ask for her hand in marriage, or eternal union as her people like to call it. “Not to worry. For your father is stronger then I, he is a fairy himself after all.”

            Alice slumped back in her chair. Imagining her father, King Allegros of the fairies. Out in battle. She knew how strong her father was. He carried the elements of the fire and earth, where on the other hand, her mother carried air and water. But only a fairy’s magic was more powerful than an elf’s. No, her mother was right, their king will win. There was no need to worry.

            “So, how is William doing?” Queen asks. Breaking Alice from being deep thought.

            Alice looked confused, Will spoke to them this morning. “Did you not ask him that when you spoke to him?”

            Her mother rolled her eyes, “I did, but you know he is not that open with me.” She gave her a sly smile, as if she knew something, Alice did not. “I mean you two are so close, I’m sure he tells you how he feels about this whole arrangement and everything.” Queen Celestial waved a hand at her daughter. “And I’m sure you do the same. You know being each other’s shoulder to cry on.”

            Looking up at the ceiling for half a second, Alice felt like her mother wanted her to tell her something. She looks back at Queen Celestial with her eyebrow arched up. “Mother, what are you getting at here?” she asked.

            The Queen only sighed, “Nothing honey just wanted to know how he is.”

            There are some things that Alice, would never understand. Some of those could possibly be her mother sometimes. These are one of those moments.

            Alice only shrugged. “Will is fine.” She stated as she played with the tips of her light, plain brown hair. “But he still blames himself for everything that happened.” She looks down as her fingers continues to play twist on her hair. “I just wish he understood that nobody is at fault for what happened. I’ve tried to make him understand but-”

            “It’s okay, cherry blossom.” Her mother sighed, “I am just glad he was there when it happened.”

            Alice nodded in agreement. “So am I.”

“Remind me again why I have to go to school, and you do not?” Alice asks while her and Will walk to Clearfield High, for the first day of school.

            Will lets out a soft chuckle. Alice smiles, she always thought Will had a contagious laugh. No matter how big or small, or even mischievous, hearing him laugh made her feel lighter in any situation.

             “Well, because according to human law I’m too old to be attending high school,” he winks at her and gives her a look that says ‘I'm-so-happy-that-I-do-not-have-to-go-into-that-human-death-trap'.

              Alice shrugs. “What is four years from the typical age of when a human graduates anyways?”

              “Apparently too much,” he answers biting his lip, trying to stifle a smile. “Well I’ll be going,” he says as the view of the school appears. “I need to get some training done.” Will states as he flexes his very toned muscles.

              Trying hard not to smile, Alice pushes Will. “Has anyone ever told you that you can be annoying?”

              Will raises an eyebrow. “Well, I can think of someone.” he brushes his black, curly, long hair back grinning. “Only that someone tends to say it a lot.” He pats her on the head. “Now go be a good fairy and enjoy school… well try to.” Before she could object, he already walked pass her.

              Great, now she's by herself again. She makes her way into the patio, and sees boys jumping off of tables as they laugh about it. She rolls her eyes not understanding how jumping off a table is cool and fun. As she enters the school building, she sees a couple in a very passionate embrace. She shakes her head. If you want to suck the breath out of each other the decent way to do so is in private, she thought.

              “Ewe, get a room.” She heard a familiar’s girl’s voice whisper. “Seriously no one wants to see that.” Brittney says laughing.

              Alice giggles. “People are just so inappropriate.” she agreed. “Did you just arrive?”

              Her friend nodded. “Yeah, I was just running up to you.” She pointed behind her. “I just saw your brother.”

               Alice bites her lip; it was still strange to hear Will being addressed as her brother. For some reason it just did not fit the role for their relationship.

               Walking down the hallway Brittney turns serious. “Can I say something and promise me you won’t look at me funny even though you will?”

                “Okay what?”                                                                                                                                           “Your brother has gotten hotter over the summer, just saying.” She admits putting her hands above her head. As if she was caught doing something she shouldn’t have and was surrendering to an officer.

                Alice composes her face, trying to stifle a smile. “You’re not going to start hitting on him are you?” she teased.

               Brittney shook her head. “No that’s so uncool. He's your brother after all.” She shrugs her shoulder. “Anyways I don’t do older guys, and I like the guys at my age.” She winks.

              Just then three boys ran between them. One of them bumping into Alice quickly muttered an apology. Alice only caught a glimpse of bright blue eyes before she was able to say. “Okay”.

              Once the boys were out of the hall they heard a shouting behind them. Brittney and Alice turn around to see a non-popular Algebra teacher soaked from head to toe. “Get back here you delinquents!”

              Brittney sighed when the teacher left the hallway. “They’ll mature in three or ten years.”

               A loud explosion sounded from down the hallway. Five seconds later the smell of landfills and the sewer mixed together filled the hall.

              Brittney covers her nose so she wouldn't be poisoned. “I put my money fifteen.”

Please leave comment and vote =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 165 25
A story of a princess who is too proud of her status and commander who is in love with her. She broke his heart 6 years ago and he promised himself t...
862 324 20
This story is about a girl living in a kingdom. A very secretive girl and lovely looking. She is indeed captivating with her natural folds of beauty...
150 7 27
Set on an alternate Earth not all that different to ours, fairytales have been outlawed, governments believing that the best way to prepare young peo...