Alpha Kaden | ✔️ (Published)

By Midika

*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM TH... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Published!!!
Acknowledgements

Chapter Twenty Six

539K 17.9K 7.6K
By Midika

Top Commenters:
Masked_Quill (Thanks for the super sweet message omg)
lemonqveen
mesmorlast
vampireknight100

Word Count: 2013

~Mara

The next morning, I woke in my own bed. A delicious tenderness between my legs reminding me of what I committed to last night.

Twisting over in my bed sheets, I stretch out. Kaden must have carried me back here last night, so Coen wouldn't get suspicious when he came to collect me for breakfast.

The thought of Coen, and what my plan is, instantly kills my elated mood.

Sliding from the bed, I quickly gather some clothes and shower. Although Coen is no Alpha, I am still worried he might catch onto Kaden's scent on me. So once I dress, I spray on some perfume, and pray it masks the scent the best it can.

I was brushing out my hair, when a knock came from my door. Coen waltzes in without even waiting for me to summon him. Good. This is a sign that he is getting comfortable with me.

Not long ago, he wouldn't even walk past the threshold to my room. Now, he strolls in like he owns the place. Things have definitely changed.

I have to admit, he doesn't look too bad. Warrior clothes, by the looks of it. Dark and dangerous looking, like he's about to walk straight into a war.

"Good morning beautiful," he commented, a half smile forming on his face. I try my best not to vomit in my mouth.

"Here to escort me to breakfast?" I question, trying to keep the air light and friendly, rather than dark and sultry. I'm not sure how I could deal with it if he came onto me now. Not with Kaden still prominent in my mind.

At breakfast, I sat in front of Kace, and stared straight at him while he ate his cereal. He didn't catch my eye, and I have a feeling Kaden told him that I know we are mates.

I know I'm to continue our marriage until Kaden finds his parents, but I would like to know who's side Kace is on. Kaden's, or Coen's?

"I need a favour," I say pointedly. Coen lifts his head from the corner of the room to look, unlike Kace. Kace just stares at the milk swirling around his spoon.

"What kind of favour?" He inquired.

"I want you to take me to the Vengeance Pack city," I propose.

Kace looks up, his dark eyes meeting mine. They flicker with some sort of emotion; fear, Maybe?

"I don't think so," he immediately admonished. He picks up the newspaper in front of him, like he's sealing the conversation shut right there. I pull the edge of the paper back down to the table.

"Why not?"

He sighs deeply, running a hand down his face.

"It's not safe down there. Very bad people reside in that city," he tells me pointedly. Not being able to help it, I roll my eyes. Does everyone here think I am unable to look after myself?

"That's why I'm asking you to take me. As your fiancée, I feel as though you should start looking after me more," I say, a smile creeping onto my face.

Kace narrows his eyes at me, seeing the challenge I have laid upon the table in front of us.

"Fine. I'll take you to the city, and show you exactly how bad Kaden is," he states.

This makes me blanch. Why Kaden is bad? How bad could this city be, that would make me think differently about Kaden? By the look on Kace's face, he doesn't seem pleased with himself that he said that.

I went to say something, but Kace stood, pushing his chair back noisily.

"Tomorrow Mara, we shall see the city." And with that, he left the room.

💙••💙

The rest of my day was spent in my room. Not once did I hear from Kaden. Instead, I read a book, and wished I was a character within it, where the protagonist has no issues to deal with.

When my door did open, I was disgusted to see Coen on the other side.

Sitting up from where I lay on my bed, I set my book down. The grin on his face is sickening, as he stares at me blatantly. I've never been more glad for the modest clothing I have been left, as it feels as though his gaze is stripping me bare.

"Am I disturbing you?" He asks gently. Shaking my head, I swing my legs from the bed, so I'm in a less vulnerable position.

"What brings you to my room?" I question. I try my best not to cringe, hoping I didn't press that too hard.

He steps fully into the room, before closing the door firmly behind him. Thank the Moon Goddess he doesn't lock it, or I think I might have begun hyperventilating.

"I wanted to talk," he tells me.

He wanders over, sitting beside me on the bed. It sinks under his weight, and I try my best not to fall into him. Hopefully he doesn't catch on to how tense I am right now.

"It's hard not having a mate...I'm sure you are aware-"

Not really.

"And I want you to know that I'm always here," he murmurs. I jump, as he lays his palm on my upper thigh. I stare at it for a movement, wondering if I should slap it off, or keep to the plan that I've formulated in my head.

"If you ever need...a release," he continues.

My teeth clench, but the pleasant smile on my face remains.

But for a moment, I glance into his eyes, and see a flicker of pain there. He's lonely; it dawns on me. He lost his mate, and it has turned him into a bitter, destructive person.

I shake that from my head. He stole his own parents away before he was rejected. He has been a sadistic freak much before Althea came into his life.

"I've always seen you as the only person I trust here," I say. Not always, but at the start I did.

He smiles at this. "You can come to me for anything."

I refrain from asking him the question. Where are you parents? He would never in a million years tell me. I just need to keep to the plan on my mind.

Before I could initiate the plan, Coen leans over the bed, and kisses me straight on the mouth.

At first, I'm surprised. Then disgusted. Then nauseated.

As Coen moves his lips against mine, I notice how roughly he is going about it. And instantly, my heart falls as I realise he's the one who wants the release.

I nearly gag right there, but I stop myself, as the hand not on my thigh moves up, caressing the side of my face. My eyes aren't closed naturally, but squeezed shut, as I try to endure the torment that has currently ceased my stomach.

Suddenly, his hand pushes my shoulder, so I can't help but fall back onto the bed-especially with his weight atop me.

Fear kicks into first gear, as he runs the tips of his fingers down my side. Is he crazy? I silently beg for Kaden, but he doesn't come.

Removing his lips from mine-much to my relief-he brings them to my jaw. Drawing in a deep breath, I place my palms against his shoulders, to try stop him from getting any closer than he already has.

"I don't think we should be doing this right now," I proclaim through sharp breathes. He ignores me, kissing down my neck. Already, I feel the marks on my neck form from his brutal kisses.

"Coen," I persist. "What if Kaden walks in?"

He growls lowly in his throat, still choosing to ignore my very reasonable worries. Obviously he couldn't care less about Kaden finding us; since Kaden isn't supposed to have any feelings toward me. And anyway, Coen basically commands the man.

The moment his cold hands slip under my shirt, feeling my stomach, I begin to seriously freak out. Pushing at his shoulder, I insist in his ear that he needs to get off me. To no avail.

The clammy fingers of dread wrap around me. I'm pinned under a man much bigger than me; my hands held by his, my legs under his. Does he plan to bed me without my initial consent? That's rape...

I go to scream, by Coen covers my mouth with his, before the sound even makes it to my lips.

Suddenly, my bedroom door is thrust open, and a familiar scent envelops the room. The feeling of relief is eminent, as I feel Coen get pulled off me.

When I turn my head, I see his body on the ground, with Kaden standing over him.

Angrily, I see my mate pick Coen up by the collar of his shirt, and lift him to his height. I see them stare at each other, face to face. Slowly, a smile spreads on Coen's face, as he looks straight at Kaden.

My heart stops for a moment. Kaden may have him dangling inches off the ground, but he has so much more leverage over Kaden. I could basically see Coen hanging his parents lives right in front of Kaden's face.

Instead of hurting Coen, like I hoped he would, Kaden pushes him away. Coen stumbles, his back hitting the wall.

Kaden glances over his shoulder at me, before leaving.

The look in his eyes killed me. Regret. Anger. Pain.

Coen on the other hand, looks beyond triumphant.

💛••💛

Coen didn't bother me after that. I think he got the message.

I showered, brushed my teeth four times, then showered again, brushing my teeth in there. Still, the taste of Coen wouldn't leave my mouth.

The book I read lay sprawled on the ground. I couldn't bare pick it up; it has a kissing scene in it.

Instead I shoved my face down in a pillow, and prayed. I prayed the Moon Goddess would help the red marks on my neck fade quickly, that's for sure.

That night, I almost cried in happiness, when Kaden pushed through my door.

Until I saw his face.

Tears stained his cheeks, as he stared straight at me. In a second, I was out of bed, searching for the problem. He answered, by turning around on the spot.

His shirt, was torn to pieces. Just the back had strips ripped from it, so I could see bleeding deep wounds beneath. The sight was so horrifying, that I had to fight to keep consciousness.

He had been violently lashed with a whip. Blood darkens his grey shirt, which he fights to take off.

I help him, pulling it over his head. It's obvious, I realise, as he falls so his knees, why he received this punishment.

For interrupting Coen.

The shirt, now tossed away reveals what truly lies beneath. His back is completely wrecked. The wounds are angry and red, letting me imagine how truly painful this must be.

I guide Kaden to the bed. He falls face first on it, completely ignoring the other wound on his chest. He groans loudly into the pillow, using it to smother his pain.

It's clear. Coen has a lot more power over us than I thought.

❤️••❤️

Coen, the little bìtch. Hurting my poor Kaden.

I say this remembering who's mind created him...I mean I could kill him off with a few clicks of my keyboard. :D

Also, I was casually scrolling through the What's Hot list (which I do daily) when I came across this book on #9. It's been stuck at rank #20 for forever it seems.

I scrolled past it, expecting it to be far down the list. Saw it. Paused. Scrolled back. And I think I died.

I mean, it's not that big, but I'm still grateful that you guys managed to get it that high up there (:

Vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter (:

Snapchat: midikacrane

Radish: Midika

YouTube: Midika Crane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 19.8K 35
Alice Alyssa Wildmer is a werewolf. Her mate has rejected her and caused her pack to rank her lower than an omega. She is abused and when her mate ma...
66.5K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
6.6M 90.9K 9
*BOOK ONE* (Can he read as standalone) (Completed) Sequel: Alpha Kaden "You can't love him, you need someone who you're more compatible with," he ins...
431K 9.9K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...