MANAN FF:STRANGERS TO SOULMAT...

By RITS3016

A MaNan fic......Journey from engagement to wedding!!! The story contains a LOT of hindi dialogues also so i... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
IMPORTANT NOTE
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
Precap
Precap
PRECAP
IMPORTANT NOTE
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
PRECAP
Important Note
Precap
EPILOGUE PART 1
PRECAP E-2
PRECAP
IMPORTANT NOTE
NOTE
Precap
Precap
EPILOGUE 5
STOP BASHING ! START LOVING !
PRECAP
Social Media Misuse
HAPPY AND EXCITED
Surprise!!!!
Strangers to Soulmates in your hands!!!
Spare me a moment please...
Another Milestone achieved
" Soulmates Forever"Title of the published book

EPILOGUE 7

12.1K 629 121
By RITS3016

THE STORY OF SOULMATES.......ONE LAST TIME

NANDINI'S POV

"Nandini..."

I opened my eyes slowly on hearing his soft voice.My name sounded so perfect from his mouth.The way he looked at me , made me feel so complete.

"Happy wedding anniversary Love " He kissed my forehead and spoke .

"Happy wedding anniversary Manik" I turned towards my side and he helped me sit , resting my back at the back rest of the bed.

I looked at him and he looked back at me , a gaze that was full of love , care and admiration.

"I love you so much" He finally spoke after a few seconds.

"We love you more"I replied in the same tone as his.

He smiled and looked at my protruded belly which looked as big as that of an elephant now.Ninth month of pregnancy was proving the most difficult one.My increased size had restricted my movement .Body aches and acidity had taken a permanent shelter inside me with no rescue at all.

But Manik being Manik was irrevocably in love with me and my distorted body shape.His talks with his princess seemed to be never ending.Sometimes I feared that how would Manik react if I was carrying a boy.

I always prayed to Aiyappa to fulfil Manik's wish and bless us with a healthy baby girl.However , Manik was damn sure that it was a girl .He had even decided a name for her.

"Good morning princess vanya"he kissed my belly , pulling me out of my chain of thoughts "How is my sweetheart this morning.Did you wish mom on our first wedding anniversary?" He asked caressing my tummy lovingly.

"As if she will reply?"I grinned sheepishly without flashing my teeth.

Manik looked at me with a huge smile "Yes she will"He replied confidently.

"C'mon vanya baby , wish your mum"He spoke to my tummy once again and there I felt a strong kick by her.A victory smile appeared on his face.

I was not surprised.This father daughter duo were invincible.

"Thanks a lot papa's spoon"I replied looking at my belly and we both burst out in laughter.

"Happy wedding anniversary" There was a loud noise and I turned towards the door , I found all the family members standing with a big bouquet of roses.A smile appeared on my face as everyone came forward one by one and wished us.

Manik touched the feet of all the elder members of the family though I was strictly prohibited by Nani not to do so since the beginning of my pregnancy.

Everyone was very happy.They had planned a surprise party for us that night but all thanks to Arnav that it was no more a surprise now.

"Actually Manik you should touch my feet also"Cabir's notorious demand captured our attention to which Manik raised his brows inquisitively.

"Aankhein kya dikha raha hai...bada hu tujhse main?" He spoke again "Bolo chachi...shouldn't he touch my feet also?"

"karle Manu beta"Nani prompted "Aashirwad hi to dega"

Manik looked at me and I nodded in return.He let out a deep breath and mumbling curses under his breath, reluctantly moved forward to touch Cabir's feet.

"God bless you with a 100 children"There was mischief in Cabir's voice as he spoke and everyone burst out into laughter .

"Thankyou very much ...but I will put a full stop after 2" Manik replied with a fake smile "Havent you heard about hum 2 hamare 2"

"What a reply my son" Dad patted Manik's shoulder "I am proud of you"

Dhruv who had been standing in a corner of the room came forward and hugged Manik "Bhai, you're such an inspiration.I promise you that even Alya and I will have only 2 children" He spoke spontaneously , not realising that everyone's eyes were fixated on him.While Alya got conscious and ran out of the room shyly.

There was complete silence for a few seconds and then the whole room echoed with the sound of laughter.

"Dhruv beta" Raman bhaiya spoke in a teasing tone " Let us get you married first and then you can think about making babies"

Dhruv lowered his head out of embarrassment and excused himself before leaving the room.

Nani had arranged for a special pooja for our anniversary.After instructing me and Manik to get ready , everyone went away.

---------------------------

I wore the red kanjivaram saree which Appa - amma had gifted me and wore the jewllary also.But when I looked at myself in the mirror , I got upset.I was looking so plumpy , I just didn't want to go outside.I felt so miserable at that time .

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms circle my waist from behind.

"What happened ...you look upset" Manik rested his chin on my shoulder and asked.Probably he had sensed my state of mind.

"You look beautiful"He spoke again when I didn't respond to his question.

"Why are you lying Manik" I replied in a grim tone " I look like a baby elephant...dont I" I pursed my lips in disgust.

Manik looked into my eyes through the mirror.Now he was absolutely sure of what I was feeling.He knew I was struggling with emotions , my concern was my increased weight.Indirectly he had often tried to calm me down , but we had never talked about this directly.But today I had blurted the truth and now it was his turn to react.

He held my arms and turned me around slowly so that I could face him.

"My beautiful baby elephant" he whispered and kissed my forehead .

I pouted my lips and lowered my head.

"would I ever get back to being normal Manik"I asked in a little voice " What if I stay this much plumpy always...Will you stop loving me?"

Tears had brimmed up in my eyes now.I blinked my eyes and woop they spilled off them , making the scene more dramatic. I was sobbing with my head lowered and he was completely calm.When he didn't respond for a while, I raised my head to look up at him.I knew he must be upset with my stupid question.

"Ho gya" To my utter astonishment he was smiling .My eyes bulged out of sockets seeing his expressions.I was expecting him to console me but instead Mr. Malhotra stood there with a huge grin pasted on his face , as if nothing had happened.Now I was furious at him.

"I asked are you done with your melodrama?" His statement aggravated my fury further.Did he just use the word 'melodrama'.

I pushed him away with full force ,he lost his balance and fell on the bed behind .I advanced to walk out but he held my hand right in time to stop me.

"Lemme go Manik"I struggled to free myself and spoke "Just lemme go , tumhe ye sab melodrama lag raha hai naa.Just leave my hand"

I was sobbing hard now.Manik had always been the best life partner but today his words had pierced my heart.Instead of understanding my feelings , he had named them 'melodrama'

I continued to struggle to free myself from his grip.For once he did leave my hand but the very next moment I felt myself lifted off the floor.He scooped me in his arms and walked towards the bed while I persistently swayed my legs in the air , asking him to let go off me.

He placed me on the bed and bent vertically over me , trapping me between his arms.

"Let me go Manik, I don't want to talk to you"I spoke in an infuriated tone , making sure not to look into his eyes.

"No, you listen to me first"He ordered firmly.

"I said...lemme go"I spoke again.

"Not until you listen to what I have to say"his voice was firmer.

This time I gave up.Somewhere I knew that he was stubborn and I also know that I myself had initiated all this , so I had to bear the consequences now.

"Ok then speak up "I spoke half heartedly , not looking into his eyes.

"Look at me nandini" He asked.

I still didn't look at him but didn't retort either.

"I said look at me"His voice firm and clear.

"Kya kehna hai?" I asked in an irritated tone looking into his eyes.

"You think I'll stop loving you because of your physique.. "He asked directly without giving me any time to react "Do you really think so Nandini..."

His eyes had trapped me virtually.My breathing got heavier as I continued to look into them.

"C'mon answer me...kuchh to bolo"He prompted when I didn't respond to him.

"You really think I love you for your body?"He asked again.

There was complete silence for another few seconds before I finally shook my head in a no .Once again tears rolled down my cheeks. I really don't know why I was crying and why I was asking such stupid questions that had no head or tail.I knew he loved me from the core and asking such a baseless question was no less than hurting him but still i couldn't stop myself from asking.

"I am sorry" I spoke between my sobs .

"I love you Nandini , I love your soul and you know that"He bent further and kissed my forehead again " 1 year down the lane , since we became one. I don't think words can ever describe my love for you Nandini , all that you asked just now was completely baseless for me.Sach me ye tumhare pregnancy hormones ka melodrama hi ha".

He was right.These pregnancy hormones were taking a toll on me.Now i was cursing myself for actually being 'melodramatic'

"Motherhood is the best feeling a woman can experience baby , you should be glad that God has given you the opportunity to feel all this.....many women die craving for it"

Once again he had left me spellbound.My heart was filled with gratitude ...gratitude for having the best life partner anyone could have , gratitude for carrying our baby.

"I love you...I love you so much" This was all that I could say in the moment , all that I meant.

He smiled victoriously and pecked my lips.

"Never ever think like that baby , you know I breathe for you" He spoke while sitting up and helped me sit beside him.I nodded and he squeezed my hand in assurance.

"Vaise you don't need to worry" His tone changed suddenly "I had a talk with your Aiyappa and he assured me that you and I will be life partners in all the next lives but with an exception"

"Ohh really" I replied in the same tone as his "But what exception?"

"Exception ye hoga that next time I will be the girl and you be the boy"He caressed my belly lovingly as he spoke "So that you don't have to bear all this"

I pursed my lips and looked at him.He was my angel , and a few minutes back I was blaming him .

"Aisa chalega naa?"He asked in a soft voice .I nodded and hugged him instantly.

The very moment there was a knock on the door and I immediately pulled apart and heard Ishita Bhabhi's voice from outside.Manik got up and opened the door.

"The pooja has been cancelled ..We are taking Navya to the hospital"She spoke hurriedly " She is in labor"

"What ?"I asked in a shocking tone but Ishita bhabhi left without even hearing my response.

I felt goosebumps all of a sudden.Navya was alright few hours back when she came to wish me and now she was into labor.

"Relax Nandini...she'll be fine" Manik squared my shoulders and tried to pacify me " Sab theek ho jayega"

I let out a deep breath but then I suddenly felt something flow down my legs.My whole saree got wet in the next few seconds.

Manik gauged at my face as to what had I done.

"Ye...ye kya..."He stammered.

"My water bag broke" Was all I could say !!!

----------------------------

Navya and I were admitted in adjoining rooms .I was given injections to induce my contractions and finally I drifted into labor.

I was having severe pains when Cabir came in with the news that Navya had delivered a baby boy.

"Dekha main tujhse pehle papa ban gaya" Cabir teased Manik " Afterall I am the batman" He boasted .

"Dekha Cabir Chachu , I told you naa. Baby boy aayega and I will name him Shin Chan"Arnav set forth hs views one more time

"Shin chan nahin....Vansh" Nani who had just entered my room spoke " Vansh naam rakhenge uss chhote nawab ka...kaisa laga tum sabko?"

Everyone was happy and agreed to it instantaneously.I asked Nani about Navya and baby's well being.She assured that both of them were fine.

MANIK'S POV

"Patient ke husband ko andar bhejiye" The nurse announced as we all waited outside the labor room.

My breathing was faster than usual as I advanced towards the Operation Theatre. The happiest moment of our life , the most awaited one when our princess was about to enter this world , was finally here.But as a matter of fact , instead of being delighted , I was tensed , I was nervous and concerned for Nandini.

I let out a deep breath before opening the door.Inside it was dark , except a huge light that focused on the bed where Nandini was lying,while two of the nurses were standing beside her.My heart skipped a beat as I saw her face.She was in so much pain.One of the nurse was holding her hand while the other was checking the heartbeat of the baby inside her.

"Take a deep breath" One of the nurses said " Baby ko oxygen milna bahut jaruri hai Mrs Malhotra"

Nandini swayed her head from left to right , her eyes were closed.

"I cant bear it anymore...Please Please call the doctor" she winced in pain as she spoke.

Fresh sweat beeds appeared on my forehead as I heard her cries.She was in pain , so much pain , all because of me and I was so helpless , incapable of helping her out.

"We are almost there Mrs. Malhotra" The nurse caressed her hand "The doctors will be here any moment now"

My poor Nandini had to undergo so much pain to give birth to our baby.Had I got the choice to bear her pain , I woudnt think twice before doing that but that was not possible. I knew I had to be strong. I closed my sweaty hands into fists and inhaled a deep breath to gather myself before I stepped forward towards her.

"Nandini " I called out softly as I walked in and she opened her eyes to look at me.Tears rolled out of her eyes instantly as our gazes met.I asked the nurses to excuse us for a few minutes and they left after instructing Nandini to continue inhaling deep breaths.

Nandini looked completely drained out.Her body was warm and yet she was shivering.

"Manik please mujhse aur bear nahi ho raha, I am in too much pain"She flinched " Please tell them to make it faster"

My heart was thumping loudly inside my chest.I held her hand and bent forward to kiss her forehead.

"I am here with you my love , don't worry

"Manik , I will die" She retorted in pain " I swear this pain will make me breathe my last.Please please do something..."

"Shhh...relax baby.Everything will be fine.The nurse told me that its just a matter of few minutes..Have patience jaan" I tried to calm her down a little but she was unconvincable .She nagged like a toddler as she swayed her head in both directions, persistently asking me to call the doctor.

" Main hoon naa , tumhare paas tumhare saath , hamesha"

My last words seemed to affect her a little.She opened her eyes and looked at me one more time.

"Hamesha" She gulped down the lump in her throat as fresh tears meandered down her cheeks.

"Always" I caressed her head lovingly and wiped the tears from her face " And I wont let anything happen to you"

"Please get aside Mr. Malhotra" I heard the doctor speak and stepped aside to give way .I tried to back out but Nandini tightened her grip around my hand.

"Dont go" She murmured and I blinked my eyes to assure her of my presence.

" Mr Malhotra , this is Dr. Parul , our senior paediatrician "

I nodded my head as a curteous wish but my whole concentration was on Nandini .

The doctor continued to speak , telling me about Nandini's present condition but I didn't hear a word.All the while my eyes were fixed at Nandini who looked equally scared as me.

"You will have to sign these papers Mr. Malhotra?"The doctor stretched his hand with a paper and pen towards me but I still didn't pay any heed to his words or actions.

"Mr. Malhotra?" He prompted and my mind zapped out of the thoughts.

"yes...yes.. I am listening" I looked at the doctor and spoke .

"Please sign the papers before we continue with the procedures"He handed over the papers to me.

I gulped as I held the papers with shaky hands and started reading it.

' I , Manik Malhotra , Husband of Nandini Malhotra , hereby assure that if something happens to my wife or baby during the process , I shall not hold the staff or the hospital responsible for the same.

Signature

My eyes bulged out of the sockets after I read the Declaration.I looked at the doctor and he immediately understood my state.

"Dont worry Mr. Malhotra "He assured while patting my back "Its just a formality of the hospital.Your wife and baby will be absolutely fine"

I looked at those papers and then at Nandini.

"Mr. Malhotra , You need to be quick with this.I am afraid I cannot continue with the procedures until you sign these" The doctor spoke one more time.

My heart was sinking as I took the pen from him.With trembling hands I managed to sign the papers.It was the first time I looked up at Nandini's Aiyappa and silently prayed to him for her well being.

-----------------------------------

"Push push ...cmon Nandini....one last time" The doctor and the nurses all were standing near Nandini's feet while I held her hand all the while.Though I was trying to make her feel better but she was completely drained out to even listen to what I was saying.

One last deep breath and she pushed with all her might .

There was complete silence in the room.

The baby was here.Our baby was here.A smile on lips and tears in my eyes appeared simultaneously as I looked at the baby from a distance.

"Its a girl"The doctor announced .

"Nandini, she is here" I looked at her spoke excitedly "Finally she is here...my princess , our daughter" I spoke excitedly but Nandini was too flushed out to respond.She smiled faintly and fell unconscious.

"She is fine , just unconscious"The nurse assured seeing my sudden anxious face when Nandini's eyes closed.

"Bring the oxygen mask , fast"The doctor's loud voice captured my attention.

"Wh..what happened doctor" I asked the doctor as I stepped towards him and looked at my princess " Is...is she alright?"

The doctor didn't reply and it added to my worries more. I gauged at their faces for a positive reply but there was none.Meanwhile the nurse brought the oxygen mask and fitted it on baby's head.

"I am afraid Mr. Malhotra , the baby didn't cry at birth and she is not breathing either" The doctor finally spoke.

I went numb for a moment.I was unable to decide what to do next.Tears welled up in my eyes one more time.I hadn't expected this at all.

I gulped down the lump in my throat and wiped off my eyes.I couldn't let this happen.Our baby had to survive , Nandini's aiyappa could not betray us like this.

The doctor was continuously patting her back but she was not responding.I took the baby from doctor's hand. She had turned completely blue by now.Oxygen mask covered her head and face but she wasn't breathing.

I kissed her forehead and caressed her head and caressed her cheek.Fresh tears rolled down my cheeks.No matter how strong , I was trying to be but deep down I was completely shattered.

"I am sorry Mr. Malhotra"The doctor sounded very low as she made final attempt to bring life into my angel but she was unresponsive.

"Vanya...a gift of God" I murmured looking at her and as soon as I spoke , my tear fell on her cheek.

And then a miracle happened.....

She started crying , as loud as she could.Everyone was hell shocked.The doctor took her from me and placed her in the incubator quickly.

My tears were unstoppable now.I looked at her from a distance.She was breathing ...she was fine.The nurse patted her head and she drifted to sleep after a few minutes.

"Many many congratulations Mr. Malhotra...baby is absolutely fine now" Dr. Parul confirmed after checking the baby and I nodded my head in agreement.

--------------------------------------------------

WRITER'S POV

"Hello evelyone...My name iss Vaniya Manik Malhotla .I am foul eals old { four years old.}My hobbies ale shimming {swimming} and colouling {colouring}.I love all the colouls but My flavate {favourite} coloul iss Pink.I want to become a doctol {doctor} when I glow up.I love my maa and paa the most.They say that I am theil {their} plincess{princess}.Thankyou"

The whole auditorium echoed with loud sound of claps as Vanya stepped down from the stage.

"Congratulations Mr. Malhotra" One of the parent sitting beside Manik spoke as they shook hands "Your daughter indeed deserves the award for being the ' Brightest Student of the year.She spoke so confidently on stage.May God bless her!"

"Thankyou Mr. Sharma" Manik straightened himself with pride as he looked at Nandini who was sitting beside him.She smiled and thanked Mr. Sharma for his best wishes for their child.

Vanya came running towards her parents and hopped into Manik's lap.Manik and Nandini kissed her one by one and congratulated her for her success.

---------------------------

"Surpriseeeee"Cabir and Dhruv yelled as they threw a cluster of balloons up in the air.Vanya was delighted to see the arrangements both her chachu had made to celebrate her success.

Everyone was very happy with her achievement and hence they had thrown a small party to celebrate their happiness.

"You are my most precious gem my love.God bless you with lots of happiness always"Neyonika picked Vanya and kissed her .

"And this is a small gift from dadu and dadi" Mr. Malhotra pointed towards a big box lying in the corner of the room.

"Vow"Vanya was very happy to see the gift.She jumped on the floor and walked towards her gift "Thankyou dadu dadi for this big gift" She came back and kissed her dadu and dadi one by one.

"Thankyou for making us so proud baby"Ishita bhabhi said as she came forward and hugged little Vanya "You truly are a gem of our family"

"Arrey gem to hai hi...after all niece kiski hai?" Raman raised the collors of his shirt to grab everyone's attention and then picked up Vanya in his arms.

"Batman ki" Cabir almost snatched Vanya from Raman " Hai naa beta ..." He spoke taking the entire credit to himself.

"Aur aapko Batman naam kisne diya" It was Navya's turn to take vanya in her arms now , crashing all hopes of Cabir of taking the credit " Hum naa bulate to aap Batman thode naa bhi hote aaj" She winked at him .

"Ohho to saara credit tum lena chahti ho meri gulabo" Cabir mocked at her and took Vanya in his arms again.

"Arrey...kyu na le" Navya again took Vanya in her arms.

"Ye koi baat thode nab hi hui" Cabir retorted

"Baat to yehi sahi hai" Navya was not any less.

"Lo ji ho gya shuru fir se...Batman vs Gulabo" Manik spoke in a gloomy tone as he rubbed his temple with his finger "Now only your aiyappa can save this party"

"Stop fighting both of you" Vansh who had been listening to all this since while finally spoke up at a louder pitch than theirs " Vanya pooli family ke suppot se jiti hai...kyu Vaanu?"

Vanya got down from Navya's arms and held Vansh's hand "You ale light Vansh...My falily{family} is evelithing fol me.Chachu chichi please don't fight.Lets have a falily hug"

"Ye kahi naa pate ki baat..." Nani caressed Vanya's head "Chalo bhai sab family hug ke liye aage aao"

Everyone came forward and made a circle for what Vanya said was the FALILY HUG!!!

"Ek doosre se karte hai pyaar HUM

Ek doosre ke liye bekrar HUM"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manik is standing in the balcony watching the stars and Nandini joins him.

MANIK:- Vanya so gayi?

NANDINI:-Hmmm...it was a long day for her.She was really tired.

MANIK{peeps through the glass window to look at his sleeping angel}:- She is my greatest blessing!

NANDINI{teases}:- And what about me?

MANIK:-You , My Love {pulls her by waist} are the root of my blessing.You are my everything!

NANDINI:-Sachi

MANIK:- Muchi {Pecks her cheek} Happy 5th wedding anniversary jaan...Its 12 am!!

NANDINI"Same to you Manik.

MANIK:-ITni sookhi wish se kaam nahi chalega{picks her in his arms and steps forward to walk inside}

NANDINI:-Mujhe tumhare iraade nek nahi lag rahe Manik!

MANIK{winks}Right you are sweetheart!

NANDINI:- Achha wait wait!

MANIK:- Ab kya hua?

Nandini:- Lets say a final good bye to the readers of STS.

MANIK:- Ohh yeah!!!Good bye dear readers!

NANDINI:- Hope you guys enjoyed reading our story....BBye!!!!

MANIK:- Achha ab to bye ho gyi...now shall we!

NANDINI:-{winks and smiles}

------------------------------------CURTAINS DOWN---------------------------------------------------------

Rest is left at the imagination of the readers !!!!

Yipee finally its done...finally its over .

I know I am quite late but I hope the wait was worth it.

So the soulmates say a final goodbye and I hope it was upto the mark.

And yes the pictures posted above are of Vanya ....my darling niece.

I wish you all a happy healthy life ahead.Your comments are duly welcomed.One more thing...I started writing on 5th august and wind up the story on the same night...so this makes it special for me.

BBye................

,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 13.9K 46
In this world full of trendy and fancy relationships and so called situationships, how hard do you think it is to find true love? Meet Sidharth Shuk...
23.2K 3.6K 39
Sidharth shukla Shehnaaz gill Sidnaaz Love ❤story's sort
1.1M 57.2K 91
Nandu: I thought manik malhotra is a brave person ( sarcastically).. Manik(confused): what?? Nandu (laughing): haan see.. Iam with manik malhotra an...
247K 19.7K 96
Is it always so perfect as it seems? Are predictions always true? Does True love actually exists? . . Is the love of your life really your life? Befo...