Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

14. The social butterfly

14.4K 471 95
By GraceAndGlorious

 CHAPTER 14 - The social butterfly

Because of my dad trying to become a social butterfly, I had to face Ryan again that day.

Don't get me wrong, Ryan was a great guy with a well mannered personality, but there was just something about him that made me pull myself away from him. Maybe it was the aura that he carried along with him. I found something very intimating about him, but didn't know what it was. The way he looked at me or the way he smiled his way through everything, it just developed something in me.

Which reminded me, what happened during the detention? He was such a sweetheart to take my detention and I had to thank him for that.

"Jade, clean your room," dad ordered, standing at my bedroom door while I was doing my homework on my study table.

Why do I have to clean my room?

"But why dad? They are just coming to eat, not to see how your daughter lives in her room," I said.

"It's not about them. Sometimes, just try to clean up the room by yourself. And I know that you keep your room clean but it seems like it's the time when you should fix things a little bit, Princess," Dad answered. 

You're a bit rusty, dad. Didn't come up with a good reason for cleaning.

"It's not working, dad." 

"Okay, but they have a daughter too. So what if she wanted to come inside your room? You can't show her your dirty room."

"Oh, come on. It's not dirty. At all."

"Final decision, Princess." 

And he walked downstairs.

Damn, he always took advantage of the fact that both us sisters always obeyed his decisions. He raised us and he was our role model, of course we were going to respect his words.

Not cool, dad, not cool.

I took a quick glance around my room and realized; it really was a tat messed up, with my clothes on the ground.

I went downstairs to pick up the dusting mob to clean the dust. I went to the kitchen where Marie, as usual, was cooking something. 

What is she always cooking? She was always in the kitchen whenever I entered in; just always there. Was she a ghost?

I walked to her and spoke,"What are you cooking?"

"Something for the dinner. Want something special?" Marie asked in her soft accent. Her brown hair were tied properly in a bun and she covered it with a cloth. She was a gorgeous lady with all the natural features gifted to her.

Marie was the closest female guardian I had in my life. Since mom left dad, Marie had been acting like a mother figure over Sage and I. She treated us like her own children and often brought her son, who was around twenty, to meet us. They all were very friendly and welcoming.

"Yeah, how about some chicken?" I asked cheerfully. Because I loved chicken. A lot. Very very much.

"Sure, Sweetie. Anything else?" She asked.

"Yeah, where's the mob?" I wandered my eyes here and there, in search of the mob.

Marie turned to me with a confused face and spoke,"Why do you need that, dear?"

"Because dad wants me to clean my freaking room," I exclaimed dramatically. Marie laughed at my words and went to get the mob when I heard dad saying from the living room,"Language in the house, Princess."

"I just said freaking, dad. At least it wasn't fucking."

"Don't play clever games with me."

Laughing along with Marie over dad's reaction, I took the mob from her and went back to my room. 

I started to keep up the clothes and settled them. 

To make it an enjoyable experience, I grabbed my cell phone and played a fast rhythm song to pump up myself.

 I was a huge fan of classic rock, but it wasn't time for that.

The songs played on and so did my cleaning. I was dressed comfortably in my pink top that reached till my knee. Dad brought it for me with the thought that it might me a perfect fit for me. The end result was, that it looked more like a night dress than a shirt on me because of its size.

I heard the doorbell ring and waited for a moment in case someone else went to answer it. And when no response came, I ran downstairs to open it.

I opened the door and found Ryan standing in front of me.

He was dressed in a white shirt and formal pants. His hair was combed perfectly and that mesmerizing smile placed over his lips never left.

I saw him giving me a thumbs up once he looked at my appearance at the moment and fixed his eyes on my legs.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Ryan replied smirking.

"Why are you alone? Where are your parents?" I asked, trying to grab his attention from my legs to my words, but looked like it wasn't working to well.

"Stop looking at my legs and answer the damn question," I shouted. My shouting caused dad to come out of his room. 

"What happened?" he looked at me and then noticed Ryan,"Oh, hello, Ryan. When did you came?" 

"Good evening, sir. Just now and dad and mom are just coming. They are in the car." Ryan answered politely.

Dad turned to me and widened his eyes. 

"Jade, it would be better if you go and change before the dinner," he said softly.

"Yeah, dad." I gave Ryan a last deadly glance and went upstairs

When I came down again, everyone was busy talking and  Sage was dressed up in a sensational green dress and looking elegant than ever. 

Who says my sister wasn't beautiful? They should give her a look at the moment and all their jaws will touch the ground. She was, without any doubt, the most beautiful girl int he world, both inside and out.

A little annoying something, but definitely gorgeous.

*****

"So, how was the dinner? Hope you liked it," Dad asked with a smile.

The dinner was already over and now we were sitting in the living room. We ate chicken, so I was rejoiced by that fact.

"It was great. It was an amazing night we had with you and your lovely family," Mrs Matthews replied, smiling as well.

"Plus, we love your daughters too." Mr. Matthews exclaimed, chuckling.

Aw, thank you, the Matthews. 

I walked to Ryan and spoke,"Why did you do that for."

"Did what, Apple pie?" 

And then came that spine chilling smile.

"Okay, first, I was talking about the detention incident from the maths class and second, why do you smile like that all the time?"

"Okay, so about the math class, it was not a problem. I thought you'll say thank you and kiss me for that but all I get is your screaming. That's rude. And second, I love to smile, baby. It makes my already great looks even better." 

Talk about being modest.

"Huh, like I'll ever kiss you for something that was your fault."

"So, you knew it was my fault but then also, you came to ask me about it?"

"I just wanted to hear it from you."

I knew it was my fault as well, but I wasn't going to accept that; especially in front of that guy.

"Just be honest and admit that you can't keep yourself away from me, Cheesecake."

"You know what, I was making my mind to thank you for that, but you just spoiled your chances by your enormous ego!" I paused, went closer to his ear and shouted,"You hear me, your big ego!"

I was trying to set him up with my sister and he was trying to hit on me? How could he even think of that?

****

"Ryan, you have to come." I shouted.

"I won't. I know you'll bring Sage again and run away," Ryan exclaimed from the other side of the phone.

So, after a lots of thinking or Googling about how to set people up, I decided that I would take Ryan and Sage to another date. I was trying so hard but all that wasn't working. They weren't even trying to like each other. Stubborns!

So, I was on the phone with Ryan, begging him to come on the date with Sage and trying to make him believe that I won't run this time.

"I won't. I promise. Please," I pleaded.

"You know, that it's not working, Pineapple," he replied in a singing manner.

"But what goes in trying, Matthews."

He sighed deeply and spoke,"Why do you have to be so stubborn all the time?"

After a moment of silence, he finally answered,"Okay, fine. I'll come. You happy now?"

"Happy? I'm over the clouds right now."

Mission accomplished! 

************

This chapter is dedicated to @Nemo2202! She made such an amazing cover! Check it on the side, banner made by her in the external link! Thank you! Plus, the awesome trailer as well!  

Special Mentions : @elmothing, @sawda143, @TrishaJanine! Thanks for your votes and comments! 

Hope you liked this filler and have a great day. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 63 8
What if minho was falling behind because of stress? What I'd the other members were getting frustrated and projected their anger on Minho? what if h...
286K 3.8K 68
August and Ethan have been bestfriends since the day they met at Ethan's seventh birthday party. And now, twelve years on, their friendship continues...
16.7M 644K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
525K 47.6K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...