The Chase ▹ Ashton Irwin

By bubblesirwin

"Welcome to the chase. Might as well just call it Hell." cover by @Iucifer More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN
CHATER FOURTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE
CHAPTER EIGHTY SIX
CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHTY EIGHT
CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE
CHAPTER NINETY
CHAPTER NINETY ONE
CHAPTER NINETY TWO
CHAPTER NINETY THREE
CHAPTER NINETY FOUR
CHAPTER NINETY FIVE
Author's Note

CHAPTER ELEVEN

186K 3.7K 9.7K
By bubblesirwin

The rest of the week went by quite fast. The work amount was low and I didn't have to tutor Ashton anymore for that week, which was definitely a very good thing after what happened last time. I still felt extremely bad about asking about his parents. I didn't mean to make him so angry, and what is there to be so angry about?

The fact that there was so much about this boy that I didn't know never left my mind. I didn't know why I cared so much, but I did. It was as if there was a whole nother part of this stranger that no one knew, and it bugged me. I tried my best not to think about Ashton as I went into work in my dad's office that Saturday morning. I had an internship there, and I didn't get paid. The plan for me, was that I was going to be working for my father's company once I turned 18, so why not prepare for it now?

"So hows tutoring?" My father asked as we drove to his office that morning. My stomach dropped a little bit. "Its fine." I replied, looking out the window.

"That'll look really good on your college resumé, you know." he kept talking. I decided it was best to not show how urked I was by talking about it. I turned to him and smiled. "I know!" I said happily.

We finally got to my father's office (he ownes an insureance company) and i followed him up to his floor. I spent the next 4 hours what I usually do: clean, file papers, fetch coffee for my father's colleagues. The usual. I tried to focus on my date tonight. What would I wear? What would I say? I've never been one to go out on dates so sudden. I've actually never been on a proper date before in my life. My shift was over way too quickly. It was now time to get ready for my date with Nick.

Once I got home, I dug through my closet to find something cute. I decided on a black pencil skirt and a pink blouse. I laied the garments out on my bed and took a quick shower. I had my mother help me curl my hair because she was pretty good at it. I put on a little but on mascara and blush. Before I knew it, my doorbell rang.

I nervously went downstairs to the door. "OOOoo is is your boyfriend?!" my little brother teased. I pushed him away and opened the door. Nick wore a blue button up shirt and dark jeans and converse. He looked oh so attractive.

"Wow." he said. "You look hot."

I laughed and let him come inside. My mother came down the stairs. Oh great. I looked over to her and gave her a look that told her to play it cool. "Hello!" She greeted. He shook her hand, like a gentleman. I watched in pure amazement as Nick talked to my mother with such manners.

Something Ashton would never do. A voice in my head told me. I quickly shook that voice out; I didn't need to think about Ashton tonight. Minutes passed before Nick turned to me. "Ready to go?" he asked sweetly. I nodded and took his arm in mine and said goodbye to my mother. Nick and I walked down the steps of my front yeard to his car. It was a black Escalade, a very nice one, I might add. I thought about that old red pickup truck, a little laugh escaped my lips. I instantly took it back, because I knew Ashton couldn't help having that as his car.

"Where are we off to?" I asked. Nick hopped in the diver's seat of the car. I opened the heavy car door, struggling to pull myself up into the big car. "You got it?" Nick asked. I nodded and finally belted myself in. "I'm gonna take you somewhere you've probably never gone." Nick smiled, pulling out of my driveway. We drove in silence for a little, then he started talking as we pulled into the main road of the Strip. "How do you like it out here?" He asked. I looked out the window at all the passing lights. Vegas was really a beautiful sight at night. So many neon lights, flashing out words that didn't have a lot of meaning. The sky was a light shade of purple, the almost full moon already shining. "It's actually very nice here," I said. He kept asking me random questions, which made me feel important. We finally pulled up to a restauraunt I've never seen before. "Roy's." Nick said. "Its hawaiian food."

I made a "oooo" sound and stepped ot of the car. We walked inside and I was instantly taken back by how fancy this place was. The lighting was dimmed ever so percisely, and the decoration just screamed "expensive". Nick and I walked up to the front desk. "Thames." Nick said casually. The hostess at the desk looked through her reservation book and grabbed two menus out of the stack beside her. "Follow me." She smiled.

We followed her into one of the big room of the restauruant where we sat down acrosse from each other. The waitress handed us the menus and left. "Wow." I breathed, looking around.

"Like it?" Nick said. I nodded nervously. I wasn't very comfortable here, but I didn't say anything. Just by looking at the menu I could tell this place was very expensive, and it was very generous of him to take me here.

We spent the next hour or so just talking.

"Was Orange County always hot like this?" Nick asked.

"Errm, not as dry," I replied. "But it did get hot, yes."

"That makes sense I mean you did move from there."

I giggled at his subtle way of calling me hot. A weird sensation bubbled in my stomach, and I wasn't sure if I liked it. Maybe it was just because I was really not used to being called "hot." The night went on and things got more comfortable and the food at this place was amazing. Before I knew it, Nick was asking for the check. My heart sank a little, knowing that our date was almost over.

Once we got in the car, I had to ask him. "How much was dinner?" I felt lame asking, but I felt bad.

Nick laughed. "Babe don't worry about it." He said. "It was only 145 dollars."

I almost dropped my phone onto the car floor. 145 dollars for two people? Guilt crept up onto me. I sighed.

"Brooke," Nick said. "Don't worry about it. My family is rich as hell."

Those words didn't come off as neccssarily "sweet" to me, but I shrugged and thanked him again and again. We kept driving until we finally got back to my house.

*Ashton's POV*

Alcohol hit me instantly, like a brick wall. It was as if I had no idea where the hell I was, but the cold desert air felt amazing with the pulse of adrenaline in my veins. I was out for the night, as I normally do on saturday nights. Myself and a couple other friends were out in this canyon outside my best friend Michael's house.. It was the best place to get fucking twisted.

"Yo hand me a cigarrette." I slurred. I draped my arm over Leila, who stood right next to me. She was short, her bleached hair on her head only reached the middle of my upper arm. God, was she hot. I lit up a cigarratte and inhaled, the smoke making the beat of my heart faster and the pupils of my eyes wider.

"Slow down there." Leila laughed as she took my half dranken bottle of scotch out of my hands. She rested her head against me as she took a drink. I snatched it back and shoved it in my backpack. It was a stolen bottle and the last thing I wanted was for the cops to show up and find not only a drunken 17 year old, but a drunken 17 year old that had stole the alcohol he possessed.

The night went on and I was debating whether I should leave or not. Part of me could really go for a book right now. Fuck I'm so lame. I took another drink of Scotch to get me back in the zone.

"Ash," Leila said. I looked down to meet her eyes. The way she called me "Ash" was so hot. "What?" I replied.

"Come over to my house." She said. I thought about that, and how fucking great that would be.

*Brooke's POV*

We pulled into my driveway and Nick helped me out of the car, thankfully. I looked down at my phone to see it was already 10:30pm. "Thank you so much," I said as we got to my front door. "I had a wonderful time."

"I had an amazing time as well," Nick said. He took both my hands in his, they were warm and an amazing feeling came over me. I looked into his eyes, they were a nice brown, much like mine. By the look in his face I could tell what he was about to do, and I could feel panic taking over.

I have never kissed anyone before. Ever. And I knew that tonight, right now, that was about to change. I could feel nerves screaming out, telling me not to do it, but I didn't listen. I decided it was now or never. I leaned up, and locked my lips with Nick. It was soft and gentle, like a lullaby. It was a feeling I have never felt before, and it was really nice.

*Ashton's POV*

"Fuck, Ashton." Leila groaned inbetween our tongues. We hadn't been in her house for 30 seconds but I couldn't wait any longer. The alcohol in me was controlling most of my actions, which I knew. But I really couldn't care less. I wrapped my arms around her busty chest and slid my hands down to her ass. Our tongues were at war as our already sweating bodies were pressed up against the wall. "Where..are your...your parents?" I breathed.

"Who the fuck cares." She said back. I slid my hands up to her breats and unhooked her bra, her hands pulling on my sweaty hair.

*Brooke's POV*

I pulled my lips away from Nick and smiled at his gorgeous face. He smiled back. "I'll call you again." He said. I said goodnight and gave him one more hug. I watched as he walked back to his car and I closed my front door behind me. I pressed my back against the door and slid down, an unordinary feeling flooding over me. Finally, my first kiss... even though I didn't feel as happy as I thought I would, I guessed the mood would set in later. Maybe I just couldn't process it yet...yeah, that must be it. I picked myself up and tiredly made it up stairs, instantly crashing on my bed as I opened the door to my bedroom.

*Ashton's POV*

I threw the door of my home open, instantly grabbing it, setting it steady so I didn't wake Gram. I flicked on the almost dead light above the couch and slumped down onto the lumpy coushion. Hooking up with Leila did not help me sober up like I thought it would. Luckily, Michael was stable enough to pick me up and take me back. I sat there for a while, my head hurt like a mother fucker. The heat of my house was pretty bad tonight. I stipped off my skinny jeans and sweatshirt and threw on gym shorts, crashing back down onto the couch. I grabbed my copy of "The Great Gatsby" and opened up to Chapter 6. I was 4 chapters ahead. This book never fails to interest and confuse me in ways I never thought a work of literature could. "Daisy's a fuckin idiot." I muttered to myself. I threw the book back down and ran my hands through my hair. It was only 1:30 yet I was so incredibly tired and I didn't know why. I closed my eyes and thought about how Brooke was probably studying the whole night. A chuckle escaped my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1.4K 26
Seattle, Washington.
3.7M 65.6K 59
"How could you ever love someone who causes you so much pain?" This is the continuation of "The Chase"
362K 5.3K 45
endless preferences from tumblr