The Tragic Hum Of A Fairy (Na...

By melodyelaine

Natsu and Lucy have been friends since the middle of kindergarten when Lucy moved into the town of Magnolia w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - A New Enviroment
Chapter 2 ~ More Than Lunch
Chapter 3 ~ Walking and Running
Chapter 4 ~ Fights and Encounters
Chapter 5 ~ Talks
Chapter 6 ~ Locked Together
Chapter Seven ~ Backstory
Chapter 8 ~ Backstory (pt.2)
Chapter 9 ~ General Confusion
Chapter 10 ~ Feelings with a Touch of Dinner
Chapter 11 ~ Change of Plans
Chapter 12 ~ Just a Game
Chapter 13 ~ Danger, Plans Revealed
Chapter 14~ Gone
Chapter 15 ~ A Bad Day
Chapter 16 ~ Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 17 ~ The Dark
Chapter 18 ~ Caution
Chapter 19 ~ Why?
Chapter 20 ~ A Part of the Truth
Chapter 22 ~ A Dark Turn
Chapter 23 - Just In Time?
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 ~ Gilted Pain
Chapter 26 ~ The Race, Fairy Tail, is On!
Chapter 27 ~ A New Motive
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - The Roar
Chapter 30 - Learning the Truth
Chapter 31 ~ Playing the Waiting Game
Chapter 32 - The Awakening
Chapter 33 - Is the worst over?
Chapter 34 - Say Something
Chapter 35 ~ Suspense
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 - Almost Time
Chapter 38 - Not Goodbye; See Ya Later

Chapter 21 ~ Let The True Games Begin

51 2 0
By melodyelaine

Erza POV

"You did what?" the boy with the coal colored hair in front of me cowered as I screamed. 

"I, um, well, I, um, kinda maybe sorta, let Natsu go. While I was stripping in the front room, he got out. It's bro code, Erza. He said he had to take them on by himself for a second. I couldn't just-" he defended, poorly. 

"Are you an idiot, or psychopath working for the other side? Because as far as I'm concerned, Gildarts could've taken off the damn belt and we wouldn't be in this situation, you dipshit!" Lisanna beat me to my insulting rant, telling him off even better than I would've.

Gray's eyes widened, "Wait, Gildarts has the key?"

The whole room face palmed, sighing in unison. 

"Yes, he does, and we could've saved him, since we knew they'd let Natsu walk right into his doom, but you let him go, with the belt on," I responded, being the first one to recover from the stupidity. 

"Well, I thought we were going to make him stay here and he was determined to save her anyway! You guys haven't met Ryker! He's a monster. Something inside of him is truly screwed up, and not in a way anybody can comprehend. He now has Lucy and Natsu was going to save her, one way or another." Gray threw his arms in the air, trying to show us how crazy this man was. 

"But now he can't, because he has no magic and they can electrocute him anytime they want ." I retorted. 

"Not to mention to plethora of torture devices they have and a plan to suck the magic power from him." A deep voice entered the kitchen, where we had been talking. 

I turned, and saw a blue haired man. My blue haired man, with a red tattoo on his face and brown eyes. 

"Jellal! Your back!" I smiled, temporarily forgetting the problems at hand. 

He smiled gently back and leaned down, giving me a peck on the lips. "Yep. And I'm not leaving again for a very long time."

With his forehead resting on mine, it was almost easy to forget all my problems. Until Gray coughed. Jellal backed away, slowly, with cheeks flushed red.

"Not to interrupt but... can you help or not?" Gray questioned, while sipping on a glass of ice water. 

Gray POV

Jellal nodded, shrugging off his jacket and placing his bag on the table, then proceeding to pull out some papers that were folded and rolled with precision. "Now, this isn't some rinky, dink facility. This is a highly armed, high security government building we're going to break into. And now that they do have Natsu, security is going to be worse than normal to make sure he doesn't escape."

Lisanna was the next to speak, "Couldn't we just turn in the pictures and texts they sent Natsu and get them to save him?"

I seconded Lisanna, "Yeah, just get them to save Lucy and Natsu and then go from there. It would be-"

"Gray-sama!" a female voice cried out from the living room.

"Shit..." I groaned.

Juvia, otherwise known as my stalker, burst through the kitchen door and wrapped herself around my arm, "Gray-sama, Juvia and Levy and Gajeel came all the way from town to help get Natsu and love rival!" 

Oddly enough, Gildarts questioned her name before I could, "Love rival?"

She gave an eager nod, "Yes! Lucy obviously likes Gray-sama but Juvia wants Gray-sama all to herself!" She hugged me tighter.

I yelled, "Get off me, Juvia! We're trying to make a plan to save them!"

"Juvia's sorry Gray-sama. I will be quiet." But she stayed attached to my arm. With a huff, I decided to just let it happen... For Natsu. It'd be faster than getting her off.

Seeing my recognition, Lisanna squealed with enthusiasm. Another groan escaped my mouth. "So, the facility, Jellal?" I demanded.

Jellal blinked, trying to comprehend what I would call a normal day in my life, before starting back. He unfolded one of the pieces of paper to reveal a map of the town and woods surrounding. "Now, here is Magnolia and the Magnolia woods. It's my own personal map. It has all the trails, houses, buildings and even odd landmarks in the woods. I made it when me and Erza decided to move in together, but away from all the... people."

Juvia leaned up and whispered in my ear, "Gray-sama, why do they live so far away? In the woods?"

I looked over at her blue eyes, then back to see Jellal still droning on about the woods. With a sigh, I answered Juvia's question, "Jellal was taken over by a demon as a kid, and did some bad shit. By the time we, and by we I mean Erza and Natsu, knocked it out of him, he was wanted for a lot of crap. Erza was in the military at the time, and used her knowledge to break him out and escape. They've been living here happily for about two years now."

"Did they know each other before the fight?"

"Yep, they were childhood friends, I guess you could say. Erza was sold into slavery as a toddler and so was Jellal. Jellal kinda even named her, giving her the last name 'Scarlet' because of her hair. When he went crazy, she stopped talking to him and never mentioned him, until the fight." I had forgotten Juvia didn't live here when all that went down. It was quite the scandal, knowing our great military trainer knew one of the greatest criminals of all times. 

"And now they have found each other once again! Oh, Juvia likes that story."

I gave a rigid nod, and went back to the conversation at hand. "Now, if we enter through this area over here, then we can ambush this top vent and sneak in through there. That should bring us out on top of the holding cells, where Lucy and Natsu should be. Now is Lucy a mage?"

A little voice popped out of nowhere, "Yes, and she's very strong. She protected me from most of the men who tried to get me. I didn't want to use my magic because then they'd know that I was a dragon slayer... Clearly, they already knew though." Another little blue haired mage appeared in the kitchen, only this one was a lot cuter. 

Mira spoke up, "Wendy! You should be sleeping and resting! Let's get you back to bed!"

"No, Mira, wait. Wendy, what kind of magic does Lucy have?" Gildarts was on his feet, walking towards Wendy before he knelt down to her level and put a hand on her shoulder. 

"Celestial magic I think. I've never actually seen that type of magic before though."

Gildarts was back on his feet in an instant, pacing around back to his chair before gripping it and throwing it out an open window, "Shit! Jellal, we need to go get them, now."

Jellal looked taken aback by the sudden rush, "Why's that? I can have a plan made up tonight, if we all work non-stop."

"No! We need one in an hour." Gildarts rammed his hand on the table.

"Gildarts, holy shit, calm down. Why do we need to get them so badly since Lucy is a celestial wizard?"  I asked, my arm starting to go numb because of Juvia's grip.

"Because celestial magic is some of the strongest and most adaptable in the world. If used, correctly, it can save and devastate lives, and that's the magic power itself. Mixed with the magic of the son of the fire dragon and-"

"Magnolia, if not the whole country of Fiore is screwed," Levy spoke quietly.

"Exactly. The abilities of celestial magic are almost unlimited, especially if she's already powerful. That's why they wanted Lucy. Not to mention the kind of leverage they have over Natsu with her there. Natsu would give up his magic to save her."

"Lu-chan can call out two spirits and still fight. She also has a lot of gold keys, including Leo. She would die for her spirits..." Levy stated.

Gildarts nodded, latching onto Levy's every word. "If that's the case, we may need to have a plan in less than five minutes. They could be draining them right now and without magic, Natsu could... die. It's what keeps him alive. He breathes fire. That's how it is for all dragon slayers." He gestured to Gajeel and Wendy. "Their magic keeps them alive and breathing. That's why they have so much of it. And celestial magic is a very rare magic. Nobody knows a whole lot about it, but I have a feeling it's much the same as dragon slaying in that respect."

Juvia gasped, "So love-rival could...?"

A small nod from Gildarts and Juvia had buried herself in my shoulder. Levy had also started tearing up, sinking to the floor and covering her face. Gajeel patted her head as gently as I could and I unknowingly wrapped my arm around Juvia's shoulders. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on Gildarts' front door. "Hey! We're here to help!"

I knew that voice. 

Mira exited the kitchen to open the door then the kitchen was full of our friends. Friends from Sabertooth, Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, and even some more from Fairy Tail, including Gramps. 

Sting, a student from Sabertooth grinned and pumped his fist in the air, "Let's go save Pyro and his girlfriend!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Please check out my other book, "Can You Hear Me?" It's a supernatural (not the show), psychic kinda book with my own characters. 

Also, updates may be kinda screwy. I kinda broke my ankle. Yep. 

~MelodyElaine

-I don't own Fairy Tail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
110K 4.5K 46
Lucy Heartfilia, a 16 year old girl, has just enrolled into a new school. Fairy Tail Academy. She's new to the school and everyone welcomes her. Exce...
3.2K 193 37
⚠︎︎WARNING:TRAUMATIZING EVENTS- ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ, ᴋɪᴅɴᴀᴘ, ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀɴxɪᴇᴛʏ ⚠︎︎ Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel. Two best frie...
37.8K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...