Last Olympian - My Way

By nanowriter74

Percy, Claira, and the gang are back for the final book in the Percy Jackson - My Way series! The adventures... More

READ THIS FIRST!
Gathering the Info
Betrayed
It's Time
It Has Begun
We've Got Company
Here, She Lies...
Family Once More
Resolve
Finally Happening
The End...?

Telling Us

98 1 1
By nanowriter74

Hey guys! Welcome to the first chapter of the final chapter in this series! Hope you enjoy!

***

"Alright, see you guys," I waved at Percy and Rachel walking out the apartment's door.

Then turned to Ms. Jackson and Paul, my adoptive mother and her boyfriend. "Why do I have the biggest feeling something bad is gonna happen?" I sighed, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Percy's almost sixteen, Clair," Ms. Jackson walked over and put a hand on my shoulder. "One day out-"

"-in the Prius while he's underage along with the fact that he's almost sixteen-"

"-doesn't mean that it's going to happen," she ignored my side comment.

"Hey, don't worry about it, Clair. He's not that bad at driving. He didn't get into any accidents... that I know of," Paul said, trying to reassure me.

Even though Percy and Beckendorf have been planning to destroy the Princess Andromeda for weeks... Percy, the idiotic half-brother he was, decided to go on a little 'date' with Rachel Elizabeth Dare.

Not that I hate her, it's just that there are way more important things coming up. Though I guess he needs a distraction...

"Clair?" Ms. Jackson brought me back down to Earth. 

"Was I muttering again?" I asked.

"Yeah," She nodded. That's become a small habit lately. Whenever I go into deep thought, some of the things I think... kinda come out of my mouth in a long, incomprehensible mutter.

"Anyway, Ms. Jackson, Paul-" I jumped off the counter. "-I'll need to make my way back to camp now,"

"We needed to see you and Percy again before... well..." Ms. Jackson pulled me into a warm, motherly embrace. One filled with love but also worry. And I knew why her voice trailed off. 

She was never comfortable with the fact that her own son as well as her adoptive daughter go off into a war against the ancient Titans.

"I promise we will win... Mom," I mumbled, causing her to hug me tighter. 

I never had called Ms. Jackson 'Mom' before since I still haven't gotten over my own mother's death. But I guess I shouldn't worry about that anymore. I, along with my brother and fellow campers, was in a serious life or death situation.

After she pulled away, I walked over to Paul and hugged him as well. Even though he was new to the fact that Percy and I were half mortal and half Greek god, he took to us pretty well. He's seen us use our swords, first hand.

When I pulled on my red and black plaid backpack and started heading to the door, I looked back into the apartment where my mother and Paul smiled at me.

"I love you," I said.

"We love you too, Claira. Go save the world for us, alright?" Mom smiled at me as Paul gave me a thumbs up.

Then I walked out.

***

When I reached an empty alley, I gathered the winds around me then jumped, taking off into the sky. I didn't need to worry about the mortals spotting some UFO in the middle of the day. Us demigods had the Mist to take care of that.

The Mist is basically this magical shroud that makes the mortals blind to things that are really there. Like me flying toward camp, for instance.

Once I reached Half-Blood Hill, I snapped my fingers and sent my backpack over to my dad's, Poseidon's, cabin. I figured I didn't need it, but you never know in times like these. It held my bow and quiver filled with arrows. Even nowadays, I always keep my pen sword, Bluetide, tucked in my ear just in case some monsters decide to attack out of nowhere.

Anyway, when I started walking down I headed toward the sword arena, where a certain giant hellhound dog was messing around with a training dummy, like a chew toy.

I whistled at her and she immediately perked up and bounded over to me.

"Missed ya!" I smiled as she leapt onto me, and started licking my face.

Not that I didn't mind. There were simple ways to get rid of some serious dog drool aka her fur.

"Alright, girl, I'll see you later, alright? I gotta go and do my job now," I gave her one last scratch behind the ears then headed over to the strawberry fields.

But a few moments later, while my Demeter magic was still going, I heard the blow of the conch horn. And that only meant one thing: Percy and Beckendorf were back. Or a demigod just happened to wash ashore, but I doubted that.

So I took to the sky and flew over to the beach, which held two people: Connor Stoll, the lookout for this afternoon, and my brother.

"Percy! Thank the gods!" I crushed him in a hug. When I pulled away I was about to ask where Beckendorf was but the look on both Percy and Connor gave me the answer. "Oh no..." I mumbled.

Percy closed his eyes and nodded as Connor let out a breath.

"Welp. Let's get you to the pavilion," Connor said and we all walked back up to camp.

Other demigods were already filing into the pavilion, seemingly excited at the return of Percy.

I left the two boys and rushed over to where Chiron and Annabeth, or Annie as I liked to call her, were.

"Clair! You're back!" Annie gave me a quick hug. "But where's-"

"He's at the pavilion. Come on,"

When we arrived, we were first, Annie rushed up to Percy.

"What happened? Is Luke-"

"The ship blew up. He wasn't destroyed. I don't know where-" Percy started but then Silena Beauregard, daughter of Aphrodite as well as Beckendorf's girlfriend, came walking in.

"Where's Charlie?" She demanded, looking right at Percy. But Percy turned to Chiron, not knowing what to say. And Chiron did speak.

"Silena, my dear, we should talk about this at the Big House-"

"No... No... No...!" She muttered, and started sobbing. I let out a slow breath, all of us staying silent.

Clarisse, daughter of Ares, approached. Surprisingly, Silena and Clarisse had a very close friendship. It started when the daughter of the war god asked the daughter of the love goddess boyfriend advice last summer. Clarisse put her arm around Silena and spoke gently.

"Come on, girl. Let's get you to the Big House. I'll make you hot chocolate," and then they walked off.

The rest of the campers walked off, definitely not happy anymore. Only me, Annie, and Chiron stayed behind.

I could imagine myself in Silena's position. I felt that her losing Beckendorf was the equivalent to when some other certain Big Three demigod ran off two winters ago, and when he put his life at risk last summer...

And Annie had teared up, most likely understanding the feeling Silena was going through right now as well. Like when she first found out when Luke was Kronos and when Percy got blasted out of Mount St. Helens and we presumed he was dead.

"Glad you're not dead, Seaweed Brain," Annie wiped away a tear.

"Thanks. Me too," Percy said. Chiron placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure you did everything you could, Percy. Will you tell us what happened?"

He didn't start with the whole date thing with Rachel but instead jumped right into when he and Beckendorf headed to the boat. Percy said that there was a spy within camp. And he even told us a dream he had while within the ocean after the ship had exploded. The Titans were on the move. Then he said he woke up at Dad's palace-

"You went to Dad's palace?!" I exclaimed, jealous.

"Apparently, our brother down there seems to respect you and Tyson more than me," He mumbled, seemingly jealous as well.

"Anyway, on with the story, Percy," Chiron interrupted 

"Um... that was it," Percy said.

"We must call a war council immediately, to discuss this spy and of course other matters as well," Chiron said.

"Poseidon also mentioned another threat," Percy said. "Something even bigger than the Princess Andromeda. I thought it might be that challenge the Titan had mentioned in my dream,"

I let out a sigh.

"We will discuss that as well," Chiron nodded.

"And one more thing," Percy cut in again, making me sigh. "When I talked to my father, he said to tell you it's time. I need to know the full prophecy," 

And that made my blood run cold. I've heard the Great Prophecy being said to me dozens of times by the Oracle herself. She seriously loved reminding me of Percy's fate on special occasions like when I go to sleep, leaving me with plenty of nightmares.

Chiron didn't seem surprised by this and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "I've dreaded this day as much as you have Clair," he gave me a small smile. 

"Very well. Girls, we will show Percy all of the truth. Let's go to the attic," Chiron said.

***

When we reached the ladder to the attic in the Big House, Chiron sent Percy and Annie up there to get it. I definitely did not want to be in front of the Oracle when they retrieved it.

Annie had told me that it wasn't a prophecy she said but something on a piece of parchment. Annie and Chiron figured that I didn't need to read it since they knew that the Oracle would tell me one way or another.

Anyway, when they came back down, we headed to the rec room that held the ping pong table that we inevitably made the war council meeting place.

But when we walked in... it was more shouting than discussion.

All of the senior counselors were gathered around but the actual shouting came from Clarisse and Micheal Yew, the Ares and Apollo senior counselors. 

To be honest it was pretty frickin funny cause Clarisse was a foot taller than Micheal but I stayed silent as they fought.

"It's our loot!" Micheal was yelling. "If you don't like it you can kiss my quiver!" (yes I had to put it. It was too funny)

But what surprised me was that Clarisse and Micheal were fighting over where Silena was sitting. Even though the poor girl wasn't paying any attention to the shouting, it still seemed so... bad.

So I decided to break it up.

"Hey! Guys!" I shouted over them, silencing them. "What are you doing?" 

"Well tell Michael to not be a selfish jerk," Clarisse gave me a glare.

"That's rich coming from you," Michael rolled his eyes.

"Well the only reason I'm here is to support Silena! Otherwise I'd be back in my cabin," Clarisse yelled, making me sigh.

"What are you talking about?" Percy asked. 

I knew what they were fighting over. The Ares cabin had led a raid on a chariot that the Apollo cabin had managed to get. The thing was... of course there was only one chariot and two cabins wanting to claim it. 

But what I didn't understand was why Clarisse wouldn't be at the meeting if Silena wasn't here.

"Clarisse has refused to speak to any of us until her... um... issue is resolved. She hasn't spoken for three days," Pollux explained.

"What issue?" Percy looked at Pollux then Clarisse.

But the girl looked at Chiron. "You're in charge, right? Does my cabin get what we want or not?" she demanded.

"My dear, Michael is correct. Apollo's cabin has the best claim. But we have more important matters-"

"Sure," Clarisse cut him off. "Everything's more important than what Ares needs. We're just supposed to show up when you need us and not complain!" She snapped.

"That would be nice..." Connor mumbled.

"Maybe I should ask Mr. D-"

"As you all know our director, Dionysus, is busy with the war," Chiron interrupted her, slightly angry. "He cannot be bothered with this,"

"I see. And the senior counselors? Are any of you gonna side with me?" she looked at all of them but they had their heads bowed. I was the only one that looked at Clarisse with exasperation and a bit of pity. She knew I couldn't do anything. I was only here cause of the Oracle part within me.

"Alright. Fine," she turned to Silena. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you into this when you've just lost... Anyway, I apologize. To you. No one else," Then she threw her knife on the table as Silena stared into space.

"All of you can fight the war without us. Until I get satisfaction, no one in my cabin is helping at all. Have fun dying,"

Then walked out as the counselors looked on, too stunned to speak.

"Good riddance," Michael managed to say only for Katie to say otherwise.

"Are you kidding? This is a disaster!" She exclaimed.

"She's not serious... is she?" Travis looked at me, making me shrug.

Chiron just sighed. "Her pride is hurt. She'll calm down... eventually," He said, not sounding convinced.

That just made me feel even more exhausted than I already was with Percy's Great Prophecy.

"Anyways, counselors. Percy has brought something you should hear," Chiron turned to me. "If you will, Claira,"

I sighed and opened my mouth only for Percy to almost shove the scroll into it.

"What the- I don't need that, Percy. The Oracle has bothered me enough for me to memorize it," I pushed his hand away, went up behind him and opened the scroll for him to see. He took it in his hands as I stayed behind him and started reciting it.

"A half blood of the eldest gods,

Shall reach sixteen against all odds.

And see the world in endless sleep,

The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap-"

When I looked down, I noticed Percy's hands were shaking. I leaned down at held them with my own, somewhat calming him down. I could understand. I mean this prophecy was talking about a definite death no matter what... and the words, one way or another, were directed to someone we all knew pretty well.

Anyway, I continued on. 

"A single choice shall end his days.

Olympus, to preserve or raze," And that was it. Six lines of words that have been haunting me ever since... two years ago.

The room was silent. Until Connor decided to speak. "Raise is good, right?"

"Not raise," Silena said, her voice hollow. It did surprise me that she started to speak, but then again... she did have to keep her calm somewhat. "R-a-z-e means destroy," She corrected him.

"Yeah," I nodded and let go of Percy's hands, instead leaning up against the wall, still behind him.

When I looked back at the table, everyone was looking at Percy whether it be fear, pity, or concern.

"You see now, Percy... why we thought it not the best to tell you the whole prophecy straight away. You've had enough on your shoulders-"

"Without realizing I was gonna die anyway? Yeah, got it," Percy grumbled.

Hearing him actually saying he was gonna die, was ten times worse than the Oracle telling me the prophecy daily. 

"Percy. You know prophecies always have double meanings. It might not literally mean you die," Annie said.

"Yeah. Sure. A single choice shall end his days. That has tons of meaning, huh?" Percy looked at her.

"Maybe we could stop it. The cursed blade the prophecy was talking about... we could find it and destroy it. It sounds like Kronos' scythe, right?" Jake Mason, the new senior counselor for the Hephaestus cabin, spoke up.

"Perhaps we should let Percy think about these lines. He needs time-" Chiron started only for Percy to cut him off.

"No," he shoved the scroll in his pocket. "I don't need time. If I die, I die. That's it. I can't worry about that right?" his voice held an angry undertone, that did not make anyone else happy.

"Let's move on, cause we've got some other problems here. We've got a spy," Percy said.

Michael scowled. "A spy?"

And then Percy proceeded to tell them about the Princess Andromeda, where he met Kronos. Silena started to cry again and Annie had to comfort her to calm her down a bit.

"Well..." Connor spoke up. "We've suspected there could be a spy for years right? Like when we were looking for the Golden Fleece a couple years ago... someone had to be passing information to Luke. It has to be someone who knew him well,"

And I saw his eyes flicker over to where Annie was. And that made me almost flare up in anger. But then again... No. I can't just doubt the daughter of Athena now. After all we've been through... she has known Luke better than anyone here but... No.

"Er... I mean it could be anybody," Connor quickly looked away.

"Yeah. Like one of Luke's siblings," Katie almost put on a glare, looking at the Stolls.

And that was when the twins started to argue with Katie.

Until Silena spoke up. "Stop!" She yelled. "Charlie's dead and... and you're all arguing like little kids!" she put her head down and began to sob.

Everyone looked down, ashamed, as I let out a breath.

"She's right, you guys," I finally said. "Accusing each other isn't gonna help. Not now. We should just look out for a the scythe charm. If Kronos has it, then the spy should definitely have it too," I finished.

Michael grunted. "We need to find this spy before we plan our next operation. Blowing up that boat won't stop Kronos," 

"No indeed. And his next assualt is already on the way," Chiron nodded.

"You mean the 'bigger threat' Poseidon mentioned?" Percy asked, making Chiron and Annie exchange looks.

"Percy... we didn't want to tell you until you and Claira returned to camp. You needed a break with your... mortal friends," Chiron said.

I noticed Annie blush but that was all I saw. 

I didn't need the memory of last winter to pop up again... the thoughts of them made me shiver. And I'm not even talking about Rachel... Surprisingly I had made some other mortal friends besides her but... things got complicated with them.

"Clair, you ok?" I heard a voice ask.

I looked up to see everyone looking at me.

"...was I muttering again?" I looked at Percy, who nodded.

"Anyway," Percy turned to Chiron and Annie. "Tell us what's happened,"

And Chiron showed us that Mount St. Helens, via Iris Message, was erupting more frequently as well as more powerful. And through the fog at Mount St. Helens it showed a vaguely humanoid monster: Typhon.

And then the Message cut to a shot of a monstrous storm, like a hurricane, making it's way across a Midwest city. And as I looked closely I could make out smaller figures darting in and out of view: a golden chariot here and there... a huge owl darting into the fray.

"...Soo, how long until he gets to New York?" I looked at Chiron.

"Unless the gods can stop him? I've estimated five days. Most of the Olympians are there... except for your father, who has a war of his own as of the moment," He answered.

"It's a trick. They're trying to steer the gods away from Olympus. We have to warn the gods. Something else is gonna happen," Percy said.

"Something worse than Typhon? I hope not," Chiron muttered.

"We have to defend Olympus. Kronos has another attack planned," Percy insisted.

"He did," Travis jumped in. "But you sunk his ship,"

I suppressed a sigh at how everyone looked at Percy with hopeful looks. I even noticed Annie and him look at each other, definitely thinking that Kronos had set the Princess Andromeda as a farce and nothing else.

"Well... I think that's enough for one night," Chiron waved his hand through the Iris Message.

And the war council was ended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 9.2K 48
โœ… completed ๐Ÿ‘Œ The full moon slave with the unbreakable curse, Shall returns and the family will divert. Vengeance and hatred he shall seek to pay, O...
35K 697 40
He finally spoke the words that would haunt me forever "I will be back but remember Percy Jackson is dead" and with that he turned and jumped of the...
240K 10.7K 40
Spin your own yarn of fate and in the end, tell me, was it worth it? percy jackson ๐’™ f!oc battle of the labyrinth - the last olympian part one o...
83.8K 2.7K 19
Percy and a few others have gotten bored. Zeus has stopped his bad habits that normally resulted in wars, Hera is on her best behavior and the wizard...