Loving My Cousin (#Wattys 201...

By Islam_is_great

I put the grocery bags down after coming inside the house, setting my keys on the counter and placing the bag... More

Loving My Cousin (Introduction)
Chapter One
Quick Note
Wattys2016
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Epilogue

Chapter Two

555 23 5
By Islam_is_great

Fatima's POV
I walked out of the college and went into the mall for a little shopping for new clothes that are appropriate. Afterwards I left the mall and walked back home and went into my room immediately, putting my bags down in a tiring manner and just grabbed my MAC laptop and went on Skype and called my cousin and bestie, Susu.

Soon her face popped up the screen and I smiled brightly.

"Susu!!" I said happily and waved my hand around.

"Fatie!" My nickname since we were little kids. Lame I know but we still love those nicknames.

"Soooo wassup? Besides stalking our brother on almost every social media he has." I let out a small giggle and nervously look around my room.

"I'm thinking about accepting someone's proposal." I blurted out, like directly.

"Whoa. That's huge, but your gonna say yes right? I mean you can't say no, this guy must be really really great one so far." I nod my head, agreeing with her. In all fairness Yusuf is the best choice by far and he's everything a muslimah would want. Everything a Father would want for his daughter, the best.

"Yeah he is. He's awesome, really and a good Muslim alhamduila, and he's really rich but money doesn't concern me at all wallah." She simply nods her head as I kept on ranting,"and he wants a family! Like that's so sweet and all, but we agreed to let me finish my education and then have a family, I mean that if I accept." She nods and gets up finding a brush and came back into the screen, but once again she got up and the sound of the door closed and her face popped up again.

"What about your feelings for Samer?" I sighted deeply, this was a topic I wished to avoid but it simply cannot be avoided, not now, not ever, not in forever.

"I don't know wallah. Yanie I love him but I can't wait forever for him, I can't. He's 26 and he should be married by now, but he's not. And maybe I should accept Yusuf's proposal, I actually like him. He could be a good husband for me, I will learn to love him and to be his wife he wants, inshallah." Susu nods her head, and then a faint cry is being heard in background. She sighs and gets up.

"I'll talk to you later inshallah, Ismail is crying." She closed the chat and left. I closed my laptop and charged it.

Walking downstairs, I saw Mama smile, I joined her and decided to tell her what's my decision.

"Umi?" She turned her face and smiled at me, while getting the vegetable oil.

"Yes albi?" I sighted and fiddle with my fingers.

"I'm thinking of accepting Yusuf's proposal." I said out of the blue, hearing myself saying that was kind of strange since I've never said that.

"Oh my Allah! THATS GREAT OH ALLAH! We MUST CONTACT EVERYONE!" I put my hands out in front of her as a sign to stop.

"MAMA! First we'll contact Baba and then we'll contact Yusuf and his parents, that's what we're doing FIRST Umi, please." I tried calming her down, since she's all bubbly and about to burn our beloved home down all because of some proposal that I am going to accept. But then again I would understand why she would be happy, to see her daughter happy and then again she would want some grandkids, obviously.

The door of the house opened and that's when we saw Baba coming in placing his shoes next to the door and coat on the coat racket.

"FATIMA IS GONNA ACCEPT!!" The first thing that my Mom could blurt out. I mentally faceplam my forehead.

"Moooooom, what did we say? Ya Allah!" I was happy and all but honestly did she needs to say that, and may I mention in a loud voice meaning my neighbor may have heard? I love Mama and all but sometimes she just bursted a lot of things and it ended well, sometimes.

"Young lady don't you use that gone with me." My mouth fell wide open, only to see Baba laughing.

"She's teasing Fatima, you were not using any tone, she's just teasing you." Mom grins and Baba takes breaths to not kill himself from the laugh he just had.

Although, I have to admit that Susu may have been right all this time. Maybe I should let go of Samer but I still love him and Yusuf, welll I like him but not love love him as of right now, well at least not of now, I can learn to love him in time. Right? I can tell myself to learn to love him right?

I went upstairs to my room and packed my stuff, including my favorite abaya.  We were leaving in a week and I already had my answer by then, but I'm hoping I did the right choice did I or am I using Yusuf as a rebound to forget my feelings for Samer? I am a horrible person if using him as a rebound, a sweet guy who just wants a wife and a lovely family, that's what he deserves not a young lady who may or may not be using him as a rebound hair cause she's in love with her stupid, dimwit of a cousin....who's also her breastfeeding brother.

But again if I want to forget about Samer I have to marry Yusuf, plus he's not that bad looking, he looks really good and young as well even though I didn't mention it much. Inshallah I'll learn more about him on the trip that we're going together, to Amman and then Jerusalem. Oh my god! That means my family will meet him....well the side of my Mom of course, Dad side is a very few plus I don't really know them much since I dont visit them much with my Mama and I do feel bad. Oh well, inshallah things will be alright and I'll visit them soon without Mama.

I love Mama side of the family, they're great but sometimes I need some time with Baba's and need a break from Mama' s side because they get annoying a lot, plus again I want to meet Baba's side of the family.

I lay on my bed after packing and fall into a small slumber of a sleep.
{Three Hours Later}

"Fatima! You got a gift!" And I got up instantly. Yes I'm a sucker when it comes to gifts, I love them a lot. 😬😬😬 Whoops, haram? Don't think so. Instantly my jaws drop, like instantly. I opened the box and there are like three fancy Abaya's for me and let me say they are drop dead gorgeous!

The blue one is my favorite, and so is the green one! Oh my god, these are so beautiful who would send them to me? Just as I was thinking of that Baba smiled and Mama gave me a small white card with mini roses next to them, the card said:

Dear Fatima, I know you must still be thinking about the proposal, I hope you say yes. I had my Mom and my Sister go and buy these Abaya's for you, kind of guessed your size but let Mama get large for you since it won't be too tight. I am coming over tonight to get the answer although it's day two I have a strange feeling you've got your answer. Dress up in one of these abaya's, easier to know who is who since your family and mine loves to wear Abaya's.

Sincerely, Yusuf ✌️

"What a nice young lad." Baba comments. Mama just shush Baba and takes him into the kitchen.

He really didn't have to, like oh my god how much I love Abaya's but he seriously didn't have to, but once again money isn't a problem with him. Lucky Lad indeed Baba, nice indeed.

"Fatima!" Snapped out of my thoughts I look at Mama innocently,"take your gifts upstairs and decide what to wear and if I hear your stupid One Direction songs on blasting through the house I will not hesitate to break your iPhone got it young lady?" I nodded at Mama and grabbed my gifts and away to my room I go.

{4 Hours Later}

"Fatima!!!! You ready?" I sigh and checked my reflection, I mean I really loved my abaya and it looked nice and loose, the way I like it.

"Yes Mama, I'll be down there." I replied back softly and tried not to yell loudly, because I am a lady.

I walk downstairs and saw Yusuf and his family entering through the door, I put on a smile and said my salam's. There's one girl who looks absolutely beautiful, like beautiful beautiful. It must be his sister, since I don't see a engagment ring or anything, and yes I am this weird with my future husband, deal with it.

"Salam Alkium, I'm Nancy." I smile and kiss her cheeks. She wasn't wearing hijab, which is fine with me because in time women will think and  will decide to wear hijab or not. But she's lovely without hijab but she'd be more lovely WITH hijab on.

"Walakium as Salam, I'm Fatima."

I smile and lead her to the kitchen where Mama and Auntie are talking and laughting about something. I simply made tea because at this time Mama had her beloved fancy tray sets out. Nancy smiled and grabbed the cookies that were still in a box and placed them on the fancy plate and placed them on the tray. I was wearing flats, because high heels isn't for me at all and I can be very clumsy with high heels, no one wants to know. No one, no questions.

I walk into the living room and put down the tray, listening to the men's conversations about this engagement, and if it's willing to work or whatever that was until Baba called me.

"Fatima come here beta." Okay keep calm. I walked over and sat next to Baba, lowering my gaze.

"I hear your going to give us an answer tonight darling, so what is your answer." I breath slowly and calmly.

"I'm going to say yes. Yes I'll marry you Yusuf." Okay that felt good to say yes.

"Okay. We can a range something in Jerusalem since that's where all your relatives are living, we'll arrange something. Nancy is coming and so is my wife just a week later than you guys leave, Yusuf will come with you and your Father will come with us. Sounds good Fatima?"

"Yes Uncle, that sounds great. If you'll excuse me, I am a bit tired and I would love to speak to you tomorrow Yusuf if that's possible." I looked at him since of all the time in the night and smiled a little.

"Yes, that's fine with me. I'll bring Maman and Nancy." I smile and bid my good nights and left to my room, closing the door and taking off my hijab slowly and changing into my night time attire, slipping into bed and fall asleep thinking. Did I make the correct choice? I hope I did. Well we'll see how it goes inshallah it will be fine, everything will be fine. Baba wouldn't let me accept this proposal if he knew it wasn't going to be good for me.
••••••
Hey people! I wanted to update 2 hours ago but some things got in the way like playing Smallworlds and trying to earn gold and stuff. I even entered the Wattys 2016 edition, that is if you didn't see my note if you did then good! I'm sorry it took long to update this chapter but I wanted it to be good and special.

So Fatima said yes to the proposal, what do you think?

Do you think it will help her  forget about Samer or no?

Do you think Yusuf and Fatima WILL get married?

Comment and Vote and Share in the box!

Peace! ✌️✌✌✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 32.2K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
103K 5.7K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
78.1K 3.8K 28
(Unwanted Series#4) (Sequel to HSB & HAB) -"She has my heart. Its all up to her either cherish it or throw it."- - - - "Sha-Shai-Shaizum.. Shaizum...
282K 20.9K 64
COMPLETED ✔️✔️ Excerpt. *** "I won't bite. . .yet. . .I promise" He said with a teasing smirk. Walking in the rain didn't sound like a bad idea. Na...