The Poor Girl And The Rich Boy

By LOVESTORIES1812

Jess worked hard all her life, she doesn't live with her parents and her pride won't let her go back to them... More

Intro
Work
Hired
His house
Caterer
Jealousy
Four Am
Overtime
Figure Of You
Night Time Kiss
Chapter 11
The Dirty
Morning
The Park
Documents
Kitchen
City Hall
The Night
Importance
Vent
The Wedding
Job Interview
Two Years

The Morning

15.7K 449 26
By LOVESTORIES1812

My alarm clock sings a horrible song 'Beep Beep Beep' I try to turn it off without looking, using touch as my only sense I feel around the clock for the switch off button but I can't find it. "Ugh!" I groan and open my eyes. I look closely as my eyes come into focus and I shut the noise off. Then face planting the pillow, I realise I'm awake now.

I have to get up for work anyway. I tell myself so I don't feel so bad. I swing my legs out my bed and the cold air shivers through me. I step on to the floor and walk to my wardrobe. I untangle the uniform, which is a yellow café little dress like they had in the eighty's with a white apron and a name tag, from the hanger.

I head to the kitchen and open the fridge. Great milks out of date. *sarcasm* Guess I'll just have toast. I put some bread in the toaster and pour the smelly, lumpy, expired milk down the drain. Milo! I remember. My goldfish, Milo, I open the small punnet of fish food and pour a tiny bit in for him.

The smoke alarm sets off. Beep, Beep, Beep, like my alarm but ten times louder and more annoying. I stand on my small, fabric, cheap sofa and pull it alarm off the tall, dry, white wall and attempt to switch it off but it won't. "Shut up!" I exclaim as I repeatedly bang it against the table. Finally it stops beeping so I hang it back up.

I smell something bad, smokey, it's smoke! My toast! I run over to the toaster but before I can reach it, it flames up. "Ah!" I exclaim and abort mission. Fire extinguisher! I run into the hall and grab it then return to the firey toaster where I spray it with the extinguisher until I'm sure it's deflamed.

"Guess it'll be a no breakfast morning again." I sigh and take a swig of juice from the carton. What? Don't judge me. I live alone, no one else needs to drink from it. I leave the toaster in a messy ash pile until I return home otherwise I'll be late.

I slip on my small, black, flats and rush down the flat stairs and head to the bus stop. "Wait! Please wait!" I shout after the bus as I approach the top of the road and the bus pulls off. "Stop!" I yell and begin running after it. The bus chugs to a stop, I catch up with it and the doors open. "Thanks Harold." I breathe out as I catch my breath and hand him the two pound forty it costs to ride to work and sit down.

"Almost missed you there," A voice says from behind me, I turn to see Alfie, a man who lives in my building, he's twenty years old and always talks to me but I don't know why. "But it didn't." I state and turn back around "You always talk to me like I'm shit," Alfie states
"No I don't, I'm just never in the mood to talk," I lie. Honestly, I find him pretty gross, I may be poor but I still work hard to make myself look good or at least appealing but him, no, he wears a white vest top and jeans, he has a stable and is quite thin, he's always sweaty and smelly and has a silver tooth. There's just something creepy about him that I don't like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 69.4K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
1.9K 39 16
I called her Sal and she called me Addy. We were best friend from childhood. I loved her but may be she will never love me back! Shocking right..best...
19.8K 800 19
Michael and Liam are madly in love. Or so they think. How madly in love could you be when you've only just started talking? Liam has always been a he...
6.2K 203 31
From the early years of her life she has been protected by her family until she thought it was finally time to take care of herself. As a toddler she...