True Love with a Terrible Past

By dm133264

Desiree Manna is not the average teenager. She has a past that eats her away and everyday it follows her arou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
*Kaitlyn and Lukes History*
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
**Please Read**

Chapter 11

9 1 1
By dm133264

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Kaitlyn and I have been sitting in the room with Luke for 3 hours.

The doctors said that the bullet didn't hit any organs, which was good. They said that it would be around 3 days till they can even determine when he can leave the hospital.

I don't know why I felt this urge to just run...

I needed to hurt Ryan NOW.

I couldn't stand the feeling that my best friend is sad because of Dave and Ryan...

Well...

Me.

Oh my god.

This is all my fault. If I would of let Ryan down easier, he wouldn't have killed my family. Luke wouldn't of been shot, and Josh would still be talking to me

Everything that has happened isn't Daves fault, it isn't Ryan's, it's...

Mine.

"Desiree, are you OK, you look really upset?" I heard Kaitlyn say.

I didn't reply.

I couldn't stand looking at Luke the way he is. So pale, and lifeless looking. Ugh, I can't stand this. I have to go. I have to go away from here, the guilt is building up.

I stood up quickly, which startled Kaitlyn, and I stormed out of the room.

I felt like throwing up. I know I shouldn't leave Kaitlyn in her time of need but I needed space. I can't look at his body lying there.

I felt someone grab my arm and spin me into view.

It was the doctor from the room. He looked...happy, and grateful. Why?

"Your Desiree, one of Luke's visitors right?" He asked. I nod my head but I think he can see the confusion in my eyes

"You do realize you saved Luke's life?" He says. At first I thought it was a joke...

A very sick joke.

He then continued "When Luke was shot he was loosing a lot of blood. He would have died if you weren't there keeping pressure on the wound." I looked at him weirdly but nodded in understanding.

He smiled before walking away. I may have saved his life but I'm still the reason he was shot.

I decided to take a walk around the hospital.

I stopped at subway to eat, then walked around to the caffe. I then saw the gift shop.

I should buy him a gift. It is my fault he was shot. I walked inside and looked around. Personally these gifts suck. I was about to walk out when I saw the perfect gift, he probably wouldn't like it but I do.

It was a toy plant. It was also a clock and thermometer. I examined it over again. It also had get well soon in red paint written on the flower pot. I grabbed it and walked over to the register. After buying it, I decided it was time to walk up to Luke's room.

I felt another person grab my arm and turn me around.

I thought if this is another person congratulating me on 'saving' Luke's life I'm just going to...

My thought was interrupted when I saw Josh. Josh my stepbrother. Josh who said he hated me and would never talk to me again.

"I need to talk to you Desiree." He said in his deep voice. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered. He looked at me with pure furry.

"Meat me today at 8pm behind the hospital. Don't ask me why I'm here, I don't want to be but I have information about Ryan." And with that he walked off.

Um what just happened. Why the hell is he here? Why did he talk to me?

I stared at his back until he left the hospital. This is confusing...

So confusing.

I started my walk up to Luke's room, but my mind isn't on Luke, it's on Josh. Why is he talking to me again. It must be really important considering he swore never to talk to me again.

I reach to Luke's room. I take a deep breath before walking inside. Kaitlyn looks better now considering that Luke's up.

He looks at me and his smile fades from his face.

Figures you buy the guy a present and he hates your guts. I put a fake smile on and walk farther into the room.

"Where the hell have you been?" Kaitlyn says loudly.

I figured there S. A. A. agents they can handle the truth, but what if they hurt Josh. I really don't know these people as well as Emily. They are more like Shane, I think I know them but I'm not sure. What if they take him for questioning? What if they kidnapped him so he would tell them everything? No. I really didn't know these people and they will not find out that Josh is talking to me. I won't let them ruin what bond we still have left.

"I went to get Luke this." I say giving Luke the bag. Luke still is pail and looks tired.he opens the bag and laughs while wincing in pain. He takes it out and shows Kaitlyn and she giggles. Then she puts a weird face on before saying "Ya know. I'm really thirsty."

"There is a vending machine down the hall Kate." I say with a smile.

Kaitlyn gets up and walks out to go get something to drink. It's just Luke and me. I don't want to say anything because he probably hates me. After a while of tense silence, Luke opens his mouth to talk first. "You want to know something?" He starts out with his gaze still on the fake flower pot. I nod not knowing what else to do. He then turns his gaze to me.

"I'm not mad at you. In fact I'm fine with you. I still consider you a close friend." He says with a smile. Then his smile fades to anger and he looks out the window before continuing. "If that bullet would have hit Kaitlyn..." He stops, and I can see the pain in his face when he turns to look at me again.

"I would have never forgiven you." He says. His face is a mixture of hate and sorrow.

I look at him before saying "I would never of forgiven myself..." I pause for a second before correcting myself. "I will never forgive myself." I sounded like I felt. Completely and utterly scared.

He opens his mouth to say something but before he could speak Kaitlyn comes in the room all cheerful. She sits down beside me and hands me a cherry coke. How did she know that was my favorite? Oh yeah S. A. A. and all that crap.

It was now 7:30pm and I had 30 minutes till I had to meet Josh.i wanted to be there for 7:55pm for a just in case thing.

I probably looked terrified. What if he takes me down there just to give me to Ryan. No. He would never do that to his sister. Well...

Stepsister.

I told Kaitlyn I wanted to go to subway as my excuse to leave. She said it was fine so I left and headed to to back of the hospital.

It was like a dark ally. The one where you would probably get jumped in. I didn't like this place at all. Why couldn't he have chosen something like a caffe or whatever? No he chose the scariest place in all of California. I heard footsteps. Wait what if it wasn't Josh? What if it was Dave? Oh god no.

I prepared for the worst. I said a quick prayer, and was waiting for the bullet. I guess I was ready to die? I wander where Emily is? What if that's her!?

"Hey sis." Says a deep voice that could only belong to Josh. I let out a sigh of relief and looked him in the eye.

"Hey big brother." I say my voice sounding shaky. He didn't smile he looked more...

Sad and angry.

"I still don't want to talk to you. I will never. Forgive. You. I came to tell you that Ryan is looking everywhere for you. He apparently has taken one of your friends. He came to me to give you away but I haven't talked to you, I don't want to talk to you. He also has an undercover assistant who just betrayed him. Which makes him really pissed considering he betrayed him because he likes you." Josh said with no emotion at all.

"Who?" I croaked, sounding like I was going to cry.

He looked at me, his eyes were filled with furry. He probably wants me to die considering this is all my fault everything that happened is because of me. Everyone hates me and I knew it.

"I don't even know if you know him." He says still with no emotion.

I don't know. Do I want to even hear the name? Will it scare me? Will I be happy? Will I wish a bullet killed me instead of talking to Josh?

"Was he involved with hurting our family?" I said on the verge of tears.

"OUR family!?" He yells loudly.

OK I hit the wrong button. Time to change the subject before he rips my head off.

"Just tell me who!" I say way louder then intended.

He takes an aggressive step closer so I do the same. We're now basically nose to nose. He lets out a small breathe.

"Shane." He says.

"W-who?" I stutter.

"Shane."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 1.5K 55
Reyes- truth or dare? Kea- truth. Reyes- do you wanna kiss me? Kea- dare. Reyes-*leans forward* I dare you to kiss me. Kea- never have I ever... Reye...
9.4K 148 11
(SHORT STORY) Naomi is just a simple high school student who all ever wanted is to study, read and aim for the top. She never cared for anything but...
200K 12.6K 107
(Currently Editing the previous chapters as well as updating further. ) Kim Taehyung the ceo of Kim. Constructions is someone who seeks fame and glor...
10.4K 616 32
Where he came back to Seoul after 18 years of living in Paris alone after losing his beloved wife. He has been repenting and regretting his past dec...