Chapter 8

It was now morning, and I had a dead end job to get to. I haven't even got there and I already knew it was gonna suck.

I put on jeans, a white t-shirt which says 'Your the spark, your the light'. I then grabbed my wallet and my name tag and headed out.

Once reaching the bottom of the stairs I realized I forgot my phone. Eh, just forget it. The messages can wait.

I walked down the block till I got to McDonalds. I opened the door, and went in. The girl who was an ass to me yesterday was standing behind the counter looking as mean as ever. I put on a fake smile and walked up to her.

She gave me a glare and said "The is a box of uniforms in the back, get one that fits. And if there all to small lose weight. After your changed with your name tag on. Go to the garbage in the back and pick it up." She then turned around to walked away but before out of hearing range she mumbled "Not that there's a difference between you and garbage." I opened my mouth in shock. How can she say that about me!? She doesn't even know me! I huffed and stomped my way to the back room.

There was a big box that was labeled uniforms. I searched through it till I found my size.   I went to the bathroom to change and put on my name tag. After I changed, I walked out to see the asshole of a girl.

"Hey looks like I don't have to lose weight after all!" I say cheerfully, but I was actually pissed. She grunts, and heads out of sight.

I smile and walk away still looking at where she left.

I then ran into something hard, like a person hard. I tumbled backwards and hit the ground.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" Says a girls voice. I looked up to see a pair of green eyes, like freaky green eyes. They were intense like Shane's. I felt really bad for yelling at Shane through a text.

I kinda miss him. He was interesting, I wonder if he misses me? " I'm fine." I say still thinking about Shane. "Hey so um, I'm Kaitlyn. And this is my partne...I mean best friend Luke." Kaitlyn  says happily. I then smiled and said "My names Desiree." Her eyes got big.

"Your her!" She blurts out before slapping her hand over her mouth. Luke gives her a warning look and says "Kailtyn...um sorry about that Desiree, she thought you were someone else."

Kaitlyn nods and puts out her hand to help me get off the floor. Kaitlyn and I talk for a while about ourselves. Of course most of mine was a lie. We then exchanged numbers and talked for a little more before I realized I was on the job. We said our goodbyes and I got back to trash duty.

There was something about Kaitlyn that was suspicious. I have dealt with enough people in my life to know someone's life. I'm going to find out what she is lying about. And I Going to find it out what.