Tribal Goddess {Editing}

By Khadijah_Stevens

When Kaya Uley turned eighteen, she was viewed as the most beautiful in La Push (It was also declared such in... More

Tribal Goddess
Welcome Home Princess
It's Not All Lollipops and Unicorns
Old Fashioned Eggs and Bacon
Someone Might Get Hurt
I Will Always Love You
I Told You To Be Patient
As I Fall To Pieces
Why We Do The Things We Do
What's In Our Best Interest

Put A Shirt On You Moronic Wolf-Boy

3.5K 60 5
By Khadijah_Stevens

Put On a Shirt You Moronic Wolf-Boy

Kaya...

My room still had that teenage feeling to it; the posters of my favorite actor Brad Pitt on my walls, my flower comforter, and my body length mirror on the wall opposite of the window with a inbuilt seat.

This room brought back so many memories. The memories of me up here for hours with no end trying to perfect a song on the violin; the song that mindless sing to myself from time to time.

I missed that time.

My hands ran across everything that I'd left behind, but my dad and brother kept alive, even though ninety percent was covered in dust. But the one thing that was covered in dust, and looked more alive than when I'd last seen it; was the chestnut colored violin in the corner beside my bed.

I was slowly inching closer to the instrument that defined my life, and as I was doing it, it felt like I wasn't moving closer to a violin, but moving closer to someone who was musically gifted but was historically gone from earth's premises. It was making me smile, all the while really nervous to be in arms reach of it.

My hands grazed the horse hairs of the bow and when I reached the handle I felt that one spark that I had there whenever I played.

I began to tear up as the neither of playing were invading my head even more. It was the thought of being absolutely spectacular growing up, it scared me to know just how good I was now. And as determined I was; I reached for it and held in at a length like it was something from a different universe.

"Hey Kay; come on, we're goin' down to the beach," Paul peeked into my room and looked around before meeting my eyes across the room. "hey, I didn't know you played the violin." 

  "Yea, well; I don't anymore," I smiled lightly as I looked from the instrument, to one of my closest friends. "you guys can go on without me; I'll meet you there."

   "Okay, but don't take too long, we were planning on going cli-"

"Cliff-diving?" I answered for him as my head went up slowly to meet his gaze tiredly.

  "Yea, something you're familiar with?" He asked as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him quietly.

   "Yea, something I've done growing up as a kid," I whispered as I looked back at my violin and stared at it while remembering the time before Sam and I fell out of our brother/sister relationship. "but that all changed when he thought that I couldn't be a leader."

    Paul walked up beside me and laid a hand on my upper back as if trying to comfort me, and all I could really do was smile so he knew that I was okay; but the reality was that I was feeling worse about being back in La Push. I know that being back here to show off my pack was part of the plan, but it was only making me sick to my stomach.

   "I'll see you there." He informed and then left me where I stood. When I heard the door click behind me I wouldn't say I broke my composure. But I would say that I did cry; I had two simple tears fall on my tanned cheeks. I didn't take time to wipe them away. I looked around the room; acting as if I wasn't just crying because of something that happened so long ago.

  I succeeded and that was nothing to cry about. So I built up my composure and walked to the dresser where I packed away my clothing last night when I settled in. There was one bikini I did own, and it was the only one I would wear. I never liked the importance of a specific swimsuit, but Xavior managed to talk me into getting one, but I refused to get one that delivered attention.

       As I pulled it out, I didn't look at it, I just began taking off my clothes. And when I pulled the top over my head, there was no time to waste as I pulled up the bottoms. I stopped when I was done and thought of something:

    Was the Quileutes going to be there? If not; then I was happy to go, if so..... I was just going to stand where I was.

     I especially didn't want to go down to first beach if that Paul guy was going to be there, he's a weird kid who was caught staring at me like I was a giant lollipop. He was wierd because he was one of those shapeshifters who thought that since he touched me a tiny bit, that he was going to change my world. No chance Prince Charming.

      He just made a bad impression was all.

   I looked around the room for the next five minutes attempting to find my grey flip flops to match the bikini I was wearing. Once I found them, I slipped them on and grabbed the grey shades that I literally wore with everything, on, and then walked to the door.

     The house was completely empty, and as I was taking in my house as I looked at each wall that was covered in dust, but yet still noticable in terms that showed Sam and I growing up over the years.

   The years up to when I was an eighteen year old with big dreams.

There wasn't anything to take back for the reason why I left; I left because to my brother and father, my dreams were impossible and I made them possible, and I wouldn't take that back for anything at all.

    A dirt road always led to somewhere when it came to La Push; the forest, culdesacs, and a small market. But the dirt road I was taking, happened to lead to First Beach where I was meeting the thirteen pack members who expected me to be there. They wanted me to be in a good mood, but it was so hard to be in a good mood when the house, the pictures, my brother, made me sick to the point where I wanted to go back home.

   I guess the plan wasn't fully thought through when it sounded like a good idea when it was only a thought.

      The beach was exactly how I remembered; the whole scenery looking dark and depressing. The sand always looked wet, and the water was always a dark merky color, it was the place in all of La Push that I loved the most. I smiled lightly as I took in the whole group throwing the football back and forth.

 It was as if we were back home; I would sit on the front porch all day, as they go back and forth choosing between players, as I laugh, and as they tackle each other violently to the ground. But that wasn't what made me turn my head to see what I saw.

And what I saw was the Quileutes talking and standing around looking at my guys like like they were teenagers gossiping in high school. Teenage girls.

    I rolled my eyes and walked over to the boys and smiled hugely when Oliver and Ray ran toward me, Ray picking me up and swinging me around until I was getting dizzy. And that's when Brandon noticed and advised them to put me down.

    I smiled when I was placed back on my feet, but that instantly turned to a frown when I landed on the ground. Chris' hands went under my arms and lifted me back on my feet as if I was a baby just starting to walk.

   "You guys didn't have to stop your game," I informed as I felt a little happy that they did, because they obviously cared more for me than they did about playing each other in football. And that placed a smile in my heart. "but while I'm here now; how about we go cliff diving?" I raised an eyebrow.

  Then Sam appears outside of our circle.

"Sorry to invade on your conversation," He looked around apologizing one by one with his eyes, and then landed on me. "but I don't want my little sister cliff diving." He declared as if he was eighteen, and I was yet again sixteen trying to go out with the boy, who was currently the boy of my dreams.

  Devin Cellus.

     "For the record Sam; I'm twenty-two years old," I informed as I looked over Steven's head and narrowed my eyes at him. "I don't need you to tell me what I can do."

  "No matter how old you are Kaya; I'm still your brother, I have to watch out for you." He said as he knitted his eyebrows together. "Funny; because, though you don't want me to, your friends don't seem to be doing a good job."

   "Woah bro; what was that?" Paul broke out and stepped out from where he was standing and walked closer to Sam who wasn't moved by the extra three inches added to my best friend. When it came to insulting them; mostly me, he was the first to step up to the plate.

Trust Paul to be the first to get into a fight.

    "Oh-Kay, Paulie stop," I stepped in front of my best friend and pushed him lightly to back off. Once he was settled in the group again; slightly more pissed off than usual. I looked back at my brother and knitted my eyebrows together when he was looking like he was more angry with me than he was angry with Paul. What gives? "How about you go worry about your pack and I'll worry about mine?"

I turned my back on him and waited till he returned with his people, I always remembered that I was once a part of 'his people'; but now I have my own and he can screw himself. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him talking to one of his guys and once I noticed that it was Jared who continuing to nodd his head and glancing ever so slightly in my direction. I smiled sympathetically before turning back to my boys.

  "You guys ready go cliff diving?" I asked as I started slipping out of my flip flops and watching the guys nodd and walk passed me. I picked them up and stood straight to see that Paul was waiting for me. I took him by his hand and started walking. In a way we had to walk passed the other pack, I looked at Sam's Paul and saw that his chest was rising as if he was inhaling deeply trying so hard in not doing anything stupid. And that was probably a good idea. I wasn't going to start anything with the kid unless I knew who he was, otherwise he was just a stranger who hung out with Sam.

    At the top of the cliffs; the waves below were crashing against the rocks, and to me the water couldn't be anymore inviting. Xavier, Ray, Steven and Erin already jumped off, and then later it was the others; just leaving Paul and I on the cliff. He was obviously still upset, but he was cooling off as I smiled sweetly at him before pushing him lightly to the edge.

   "Come on cranky-butt," I pushed a little more. "lose the attitude and enjoy the time we have here." I encouraged. He turned toward me and smiled sarcastically and then jumped off the cliff. I smiled when I peered over the edge and seen that he was just poking his head out of the water and smiling up at me.

   He wasn't my mate, but he was pretty damn close to it. Besides the other Paul, I knew my Paul; and he was everything a girl can ask for. He was sweet, polite, beautiful, and protective. That's everything every guy should be. But too bad that not every girl gets a Paul.

    I drove my attention back to Paul who was now back on the sandy beach, and realized that it was my turn to go. And honestly; I knew that this was one of the best things I did miss when I was living back here. Too bad there wasn't any tall cliffs like this one back in Montana....at least any tall ones I didn't know about.

   "Come ON Kay!" Ray shouted up to me and cupped his hands over his mouth as if trying to add more virbrato in his yell. He was a werewolf, we all knew that, and since I was one; that meant I can hear him all the way from up here even if he were whispering. So yea; his shouting hurt my ears a little, but I'm pretty sure I'll get over it.

   I stood back on my feet and turned around slowly. I wasn't really going to jump off, but I was sure as hell going to show off. And that was by flipping off the edge and landing in the water with a three-sixty ariel flip. I didn't hit the water until about the fifth flip in the air, and then I was surrounded by the element that surrounds this very earth. I sunk a little and then decided that it was time to head towards the top before one of the guys come in and tried to rescue me even though I was completely fine.

    Once I inhaled the air, I looked around and saw that the shore wasn't far from where I was floating. The water was warmer than I would had imagined, and started floating back. Staying within the waves on my back.

       The sand was clinging to me when I reached the shore, then looked up to see that everyone was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I looked around and tried to see what was on me that wasn't supposed to be, and saw that there was nothing such on my flesh, or that nothing was hanging out in my hair. When I shot my head up; Paul was standing there holding out his hand for me to grab. But it wasn't 'my' Paul who was holding out his hand, it was the one who touched me and stared at me weirdly. That was my cue to stand to my feet.

  I was ready to walk to my boys when I felt that little surge shoot through me, but then again; Sam's Paul didn't touch me. Because I know that I wouldn't let him. So as I looked back at him, I was wondering what just went on, and all he did was stare at me....again. So I wondered across his body and realized that it was chisled, and formed in all the right places. His waist ended in a V-shape, and when I looked back up; he raised an eyebrow and a smart smirk played across his lips.

   That set me off from all feelings I was getting ready to feel, and I rolled my eyes.

   "Just put a shirt on you moronic wolf-boy," I stated and then walked forward. "wanna be hot, stupid ass mother-fucker."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.5K 23
Ryan Uley once found everything she ever needed in the quiet reserve of La Push. She had a boyfriend whom she lost everything too, her best friends a...
34.5K 1.3K 22
["I stood there: waiting, wanting, hoping, feeling. Allowing the sensations of the world to consume me as I stared deeply into the pools of honey tha...
11.5K 291 20
Nika Uley is the sister of Sam, the leader of the wolf pack. What happens when she learns about the whole other world she's destined to be a part of...
111K 2.4K 12
"BECAUSE IM DONE, IM SO DONE! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, I WON'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH, PAUL LAHOTE, YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AND I DON'T DESERVE T...