False Pretense [EreRi/RiRen A...

By iStygianEmpress

Since their childhood days, Levi is a friend of the Yeager twins. They're inseparable, and something being mo... More

Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: He Came Back
Chapter 3: Moment Ruined
Chapter 4: Dammit, Hanji!
Chapter 5: A Note
Chapter 6: A Day Together
Chapter 7: The Start Of An "Us"?
Chapter 9: Jealousy and Reminiscing
Chapter 10: Stars Are Our Witness
Chapter 11: Unplanned Discovery
Chapter 12: The End Of All Things
Chapter 13: Return
Chapter 14: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 15: If Everything's Fine
Chapter 16: Mischief
Chapter 17: Like A Knife
Chapter 18: Let Me Love You
Chapter 19: The Bitter Truth
Chapter 20: Confusion and Reassurance
Chapter 21: We're Broken
Chapter 22: Fight and Regrets
Chapter 23: Solace
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Letting Go
Chapter 26: Beneath The Lies
New Book

Chapter 8: Shitty Glasses' Invasion

1.4K 59 61
By iStygianEmpress

This is not edited, please bare with the mistakes and if you have time, please read the author's note at the end.

Warning: There may be a plentiful of typos and grammar mistakes. Enjoy the shitty chapter ahead.
*****

Last night, Rein left as soon as the conversation between us ended, leaving me pondering in my own thoughts. Is it okay that I reacted like that? Did I come off in a way that seems so goddamn desperate? Because I'm not, and I will never be desperate to be in a relationship with someone. That just isn't fucking me.

But still, I couldn't deny the fact that I felt so happy that he asked me to give him a chance, to give us a chance, and the thought of us becoming as someone being more than just best friends sounds so enticing to me. I never had a problem being called as a friend before but now, knowing that Rein wouldn't treat me in other ways more than a friend sucks like a fucking black hole. And I sure as hell am glad that he's thinking just the same as I do.

With that, I started the morning with a small smile on my face which would've make me think that it's absurd not for the thing he asked me last night that left me feeling elated. I started my morning rituals before I went down to the kitchen, my desire for tea growing as each minute passed by. After I settled the kettle on top of the stove, I sat down on a stool by the counter top and propped my elbow on the counter, resting my chin on top of my palm. I just stared at the kettle and waited for the water to boil, watching the steam come out of the kettle. It didn't take long until the water boiled and I took my time to make myself an Earl Grey tea.

Once I was finished, I went back to the stool I'm sitting at earlier, drinking the tongue-scalding tea in silence. However, the sound of my phone ringing from the pocket of my jeans broke the quietness of the room.

Setting the tea down on the counter, I took my phone out and typed the numbers to unlock it, which is 7346. I don't know what came to my mind when I used that thing, used his name as my phone lock but I think that it didn't matter anyway.

My eyes are welcomed by the sight of the name of my phone lock code's name sake and my lips twitched at the sight. I tapped at the message and read it, the smile never faltering.

From: Rein
08:34

Good morning. Have a great day ahead. :)

'The fact that you texted me in the morning is enough to fuel my day.'

Where the hell did that sappy thought came from? Rolling my eyes, my mind conjured up a single thought.

I'm hopelessly falling for him.

I started typing a reply for him, trying to convey my feigned irritation into the message.

To:Rein
08:36

Morning is only good for you. No one treats morning as fucking good.

From:Rein
08:39

The fact that you're existing is enough for each day to be great.

To: Rein
08:41

Stop being such a sappy little shit this early in the morning.

From: Rein
08:44

I never thought that being called a little shit can be a compliment. Don't worry, it won't be the only thing that'll come out of your perfect ass in the future. ;)

My eyes widen at the text he sent me, my hands loosing its grip on my phone. My face started to heat up while my jaw slackened, completely unprepared for the last comment.

Rein has been quite a gentleman the past weeks, but he still have his moments. Moments like this, came every once in a while when he became childish, or in this case...

To: Rein
08:48

You fucking pervert.

I didn't wait for his response and turned my phone to silent, proceeding on drinking my tea as I ignored the heat on my face. I'm sure that I'm blushing like a fucking tomato right now and with the way my mind started to conjure up thoughts about it didn't help will the blush away.

I hurried finishing my tea, washing the cup first before I went to the living room. I rarely spend my time here alone, the room is only used whenever Rein is here with me. That little shit enjoys watching movies while lounging on the living room. I'd rather spend time on my bedroom.

You know, for the comfort that a fucking bed brings while being surrounded by pillows.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, shifting my body to lay on the couch. The length of the black leather couch is just enough to give my body space to lay comfortably. I took a pillow and placed it beneath my head, opening my book from where I left it.

Only my breathing can be heard throughout the silent room, and I noticed how much I became accustomed to the atmosphere that Rein always bring with him. Despir the words that are entering my head as I read, I can feel the loneliness that's lingering on the place, and that's how I knew how much impact Rein left in my life despite being gone for so long.

My reverie was cut off by a loud, fast knocking on my door. I frowned as I immediately knew who the person at the other side of the door is, and it took all of my will to make myself stand up from my place on the couch.

I dragged myself from the couch to the door, and it didn't take a fucking genius to know that I'm scowling. My hand gripped the handle tightly and opened the door with more force than needed before my sight was met with Shitty Glasses' face with a grin spread wide on their lips.

"Gooood morning, Shorty!"

"My morning was fucking ruined the moment you knocked on my goddamn door, you shit." I shot them a look of annoyance but they just ignored it and shoved me aside as they went inside. They removed their shoes before going inside so I didn't have to yell at them for that.

Sighing, I closed the door behind me, accepting that nothing can save me from their pestering. The frown that I constantly have gotten deeper, and I know that it wouldn't be erased until they leave.

Hanji isn't a bad friend. It's just that they always come at a wrong time.

They went to the couch and plopped themselves down on it, crossing their legs as they took a throw pillow from its place to set it on their lap. Then, they looked at me expectantly, not bothering to speak anything but, "Tell me."

I returned their stare with a blank look, turning to take a seat on one of the single couches adjacent to the one Hanji is sitting at. Their gaze never left me, their eagerness practically rolling off of them.

"What?"

They rolled their eyes and let out an exasperated sigh before looking at me with narrowed eyes, pointing a finger at me. "You told me that you'll tell me about your date with that bestfriend," they air quoted the last word, "of yours once you got home. I already let you be in peace last night and you owe me for that. Now tell me."

"I'm not in the mood—"

"You're always not in the mood—"

I sent them a sharp stare. "Shut up."

They raised both of their hand and I sighed before I continue. "Just as I said, I'm not in the mood to tell you everything so just ask what you want to know."

Without wasting a second, a wide grin appeared on their face, their body leaning forward in excitement. "Did you do the do?"

My hand automatically moved to grab one of the throw pillows and sent it flying to Hanji, hitting their face causing it to throw back. The look on my face was deadly but the crazy shit just ignored it, cackled so loud and humanly, causing me to get more mad.

"Aww, is wittle Wevi shy?"

"Shut the fuck up, Hanji. You're not funny."

"Well I'm not joking."

I glared at them again and they shut their shitty mouth up, acting to zip it. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. I really should've been used to them by now, but everyday they get more and more annoying. How is that possible? Better ask them.

"Hanji." My tone was blank, as well as the look on my face. "Do you really think that I'm the one to fuck on their first dates?"

They shrugged casually. "Well, you don't. But damn, Rein is so fucking hot that I think anyone will be swooning for him. I know that you know what I mean."

Hanji's right, there's a big chance that Rein is being chased by girls and guys alike, and somehow that made me felt something rumble in the pit of my stomach. Am I jealous?

No fucking way. I am not and will ever be jealous. I'm not that fucking shallow and besides, I have no right to be. He isn't my property and neither am I his in the first place.

But still, it didn't stop me from spewing out the words venomously, the words slipping off of my tongue easily but leaving a foul bitter taste to it. "I don't fucking care. He can go flirt with whoever he wants."

"Oh?" They looked at me as if they know that I'm lying. Which I'm not. "You don't sound like you don't care. It's pretty obvious that you don't like the idea of someone liking him other than you."

I scowled at them as I try to deny the fact that they're right. I didn't reply to their statement, not agreeing nor denying it. I know that deep in the back of my shitty mind, I don't want anyone to chase after him, to like him, to claim him as theirs. I want him all to myself, and no matter how fucking selfish it may sound, thinking of us being together makes the most sense. We've been together before he left, even though there's no official strings attached, we like each other since then.

And maybe it's the right time to continue where we left off before.

"Levi." I heard Hanji called me, pulling me out of my trance. I did my best to keep my expression neutral despite the storm of thoughts in my mind.

"What?"

"Can I continue asking you about the date? We kind of get off topic there."

"Yeah, all fucking thanks to you."

They once again ignored me and once again lean their elbow on the throw pillow, resting their chin on it before asking me, "Where did you go?"

"Amusement park."

They looked surprised for a moment before they laugh, the volume slowly increasing as they shook their head.

"Dammit, Levi! He is really able to make you go to an amusement park with him?" They shook their head and I waited for their laugh to die down, them looking at me as soon as they regained their composure. "I can't believe it."

I once again scowled at the knowing look on their face. "It's the first time I'll go out with him after five goddamn long years, Shitty Glasses. What would fucking you expect?"

"Or you just can't say no to him. Damn, who could even deny that demigod—" They didn't finish their sentence when I cut them off with a glare.

"Okay, okay. Calm your tits, Shorty. I'm not interested in stealing your bestfriend away." They emphasized the word bestfriend and I'm sure that they're doing it to mock me. "So, how did the date went?"

"Great."

"I know that it's great, Mr. Grump. I want details, not the vaguest of the vague answers that ever existed."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and just proceed to tell them about how it went, starting from the cashier at the ticket booth, to the rides, the ice cream play and our ride at the Ferris Wheel. I left out some details, including the electricity I felt when he first held my hand, and some things that aren't worth telling.

In the end, I got a squeal that will put anyone's damn eardrums to rest, and I really thought that I'd went deaf after that. I threw another pillow and it once again to hit their face.

"Shut the fuck up, Hanji!"

They looked at me with a wide grin on their lips that I thought that it's going to split. "Did you kiss?"

Images of what happened at the Ferris Wheel flashed inside my head and before I know it, they're squealing once again, even louder and more eardrum-breaking than before. I just covered my ears with my hands in a futile attempt to block out their noise, not having anything to throw at them. When the squealing died down, I took my hands off of my ears and glared at them.

"Are you fucking done now?"

They nodded too enthusiastically and covered their mouth with their hand, muffling their laughter. "Based on your reaction, I think he did kiss you."

My brow automatically arched at their response. Based on my reaction?

Hanji understood my confusion and once again laughed, softer this time. "You're smiling, Levi. And by the looks of it, I think it went pretty great."

I sighed and leaned my head back, the soft look on Rein's face before he kissed me that night displaying in my sight. "Yeah."

"Where? Where did he kiss you?"

"At the top of the Ferris Wheel ride."

Another squeal was supposed to come out but I heard them cut it off, and I moved my eyes to look at them.

"That's cliche but it's soooo romantic! It's magic never gets old and it always do the trick! It even worked on you, my little marshmallow!"

My brow knitted together at the name. "Little marshmalow? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"For me you're like a marshmallow. Soft and sweet. Only when it comes to Rein, of course."

Damn right, I thought, but I'll never admit it to anyone out loud. Just like what I had said before, that brat did have a tight hold on me, making me want to do anything he wants.

"Sooo..." I turned my head to look at Hanji and saw their eyebrows knitting. "Are you going out or nah?"

"And why would that matter to you, huh, Shitty Glasses?"

They rolled their eyes and raised an arm, bending their wrist to lay out their hand to the side. "Uh, duh. I like, luxury cruise the both of you since I saw you together. I'll even build a shrine if you want to."

"Fucking stop with that damn madness, Hanji."

"Answer the question, Levi."

"Yes."

A moment of silence is impossible to happen if Hanji's around but miracles do happen. They just sat there, looking at me with their mouth agape, not saying any word. It kept the silence in the air for longer than I thought it would and I started to think that Hanji's soul already got sick of them that it already left them.

But before I could even say anything, they moved, their mouth closing before the corners lift into a wide grin and before I knew it, a pillow went flying over to me.

"What the fuck, Hanji!"

"You didn't tell me that part of the story earlier, you sly midget!"

"I'm not obliged to tell you everything."

They are practically bouncing on their seat with a stupid dreamy look on their face. I wonder why they are so interested in someoene else's life too much. "Tell me how he asked you."

I frowned, not really sure on how I'm going to narrate it to them. Everything happenedin a blur that I haven't been able to grasp and understand everything.

"I don't know how to tell you since everything happened so fucking fast. He just asked me again if I had never been in a relationship after they left and I said yes. He asked me if I'll give him a chance if he tell me he likes me. I challenged him and he gave me a determined look." Tilting my head a bit to the side, I think of anything that's connected to it but nothing came up. I shrugged. "That's it."

"That's pretty unclear."

"That's what happened."

"Maybe—" They were cut off by a loud knock. I stood up and went to the door, opening it to reveal Rein with a large grin on his face.

"Good morning, Levi."

"What are you doing here, brat?"

I raised an eyebrow at him and he looked down, his right hand resting on his nape. "I thought that I'll go visit you because I thought that you got mad at me."

I rolled my eyes and stepped aside, holding the door for him to enter. He looked surprised, not moving from his place and just stared at me.

"Do you want me to drag your fucking ass in here?"

He quickly stepped inside, letting me close the door. He hugged me the instant I turned around, nuzzling the top of my head. I grunted and tried to push him away but he didn't budge.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Hugging you. I'm just glad tha you're not mad at me."

"For what? For being a damn pervert?" I pushed him away from me and glared, punching him lightly in the arm.

"What? I'm just telling the tru—"

"Finish that sentence and I'll shove your goddamn feet so far up your shitty ass that you'll age a few years."

He audibly gulped and nodded his head. "Good. Now—"

"You two are too cute!"

Rein's head turned to look at Hanji's direction, so fast I thought he'll get whiplashed. I glared at them and they giggled, waving their phone. "I took a picture. Wanna trade?"

Nodding, he walked over to Hanji. I frowned, crossing my arms. He took his phone out and gave it to Hanji. "I have a picture of us from our last date. Choose what you want."

And there I watched him trade pictures with Hanji, a stupid grin on his face as he did so. And his grin got impossibly wider when he saw a certain picture, probably the one with me in a bunny onesie when I was 14 because of a dare, and I cannot help but scowl at the brat. I've been threatening Hanji to delete that picture and successfully did it once, only to discover that they had another copy.

But the look on my face slowly disappeared at the stupid fond look on his face as he stared at his phone. My heart started to beat a little faster, and the look of the brunet's face triggered the rumble of the stupid fucking butterflies in my stomach. Looks like I'm getting infected by stupidity that's roaming around the two of them.

He's just a stupid brat, an adorable stupid brat that is one of my bestfriends, but I know that in time, I'll fall for him.

*****

Author's Note

Holy shit, guys! It's been what? Three weeks? I'm very sorry for not updating! I know that I said that I'll try updating at least once a week, bit I didn't know that school will be so busy. I barely have time to write because of stress and things to do (and I may or may not be stressing not to kill some of my classmates and teachers).

I just want to know, do you think that the plot is going too fast or not? I want to know from you, guys!

And yeah, about Eren, he'll be here in a few chapters. I just need to prepare the story for him. :)

Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this shitty chapter. I'll do my best to make the next one faster. Sorry 🙏.

'Til next time then!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 111 17
This story is a Levi x Erwin fanfic that starts out as Levi x Eren. Someone's heart will be broken. Who will be the one to mend it ? Will he find out...
2.6K 133 16
"I have never been so lucky." Levi and Eren meet in a grocery store, of all places. After a couple dates and a romantic candlelit dinner, Levi and E...
30.8K 727 9
After a long night with the current unit of the Scout Regiment. Eren wakes up hangover with a black eye. And everyone is staring at him? Once Armin t...
51.1K 1.9K 40
My first fanfiction about Eren and Levi. WARNING: Hard Yaoi! I hope you like it :3